• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[UO Herald] Publish 75 comes to TC1

Raptor85

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
not all factioners automatically being rank 10 is a step in the right direction, personally I'd prefer to see faction artys removed entirely and factions left to those of us who actually want to fight and aren't interested in grinding silver for hours on end daily while invisible, naked, with a cu-sidhe doing all the work in the daemon room while you're afk getting a sandwich.... to maintain a good supply of the best gear. If this means that faction players can no longer be geared to the teeth and overpowereing to non-faction players, it's a good change. If you want an orny, go buy a real orny, it's ridiculous EA ever allowed a npc vendor to sell them cheaply like that. Factions should be about pvp, not gear, especially since the areas most faction fights happen in you don't even get statloss anyways, so there's no real downside.

/signed
-a follower of minax

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
not all factioners automatically being rank 10 is a step in the right direction, personally I'd prefer to see faction artys removed entirely and factions left to those of us who actually want to fight and aren't interested in grinding silver for hours on end daily while invisible, naked, with a cu-sidhe doing all the work in the daemon room while you're afk getting a sandwich.... to maintain a good supply of the best gear. If this means that faction players can no longer be geared to the teeth and overpowereing to non-faction players, it's a good change. If you want an orny, go buy a real orny, it's ridiculous EA ever allowed a npc vendor to sell them cheaply like that. Factions should be about pvp, not gear, especially since the areas most faction fights happen in you don't even get statloss anyways, so there's no real downside.

/signed
-a follower of minax
/signed
-a retired faction thief

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
vending machines have no place in an MMO.

A

archite666

That maybe so, but I believe they are here to stay, and that is my purposed fix.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I put together a post in the Faction forum regarding how the faction rankings are determined. It's here if you want to take a look: Faction Points Being Wiped | Stratics Forums .

I also put up a spreadsheet, with a couple of different pages, on Google to show how the ranks come out for various combinations of scores in a hypothetical faction consisting of 50 faction characters with scores greater than 0: Welcome to Google Docs .

To finish off, I added a post in the Test Center forum thread about Publish 75 asking Bleak about the effects of scores for faction characters on accounts that have been closed on the ranking calculations and when those scores will be scaled and when they will decay, as well as whether or not there will ever be a faction leaderboard again so people can see who has the most points and therefore should be hunted down with no mercy! (Just kidding.) That post is here: [Feedback] - [UO Herald] Publish 75 comes to TC1 | Stratics Forums .

I did this several hours ago in the wee hours of the morning, so hopefully nothing I posted is totally buggy. But maybe the information will help people make some decisions on strategies for going forward in factions for the purpose of being able to use the faction artifacts.

spoonyd

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Another fix I'd like to propose would be players that FLAG OTHER PLAYERS and still can hop on a boat (namely the new boats with ropes). If they're unflagged that's different but there's no way someone should be able to come off a boat, take a stab at someone, fail, and have a safety net with a boat.