• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[UO Herald] Next Chapter of The Awakening Launched

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings Intrepid Adventurers of Sosaria!

We are pleased to kickoff the next chapter in our epic live event, The Awakening. Act II will no doubt bring you face to face with unseen perils within the wilds of Ilshenar. Many of you have been inquiring about the strange collapses within the Mountain passes there, perhaps these require further investigation? We encourage you to explore the area and wish you the best of luck in your adventures!

See you in game,
The UO Team

More...

iamSnippa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
took a look around on GL... nothing interesting. I am bored of this event, sorry guys.

Krinkle

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So, an endless Loyalty grind is their idea of an 'epic live event'? How about we just move on to the next one. If I wanted to grind Rep, i'll play Warcraft. Now I understand why people say the UO Team is out of touch.

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So, an endless Loyalty grind is their idea of an 'epic live event'? How about we just move on to the next one. If I wanted to grind Rep, i'll play Warcraft. Now I understand why people say the UO Team is out of touch.
Bad comparison though... Warcraft the grind is for the equipment you really want so you can play the end-game. This, it really doesn't matter in the slightest in terms of game play. You want the statues, work at getting them or buy from player vendors (because we know they will be on sale before too long). If you don't want them - fine, because you really don't need them to be able to take part in any aspect of the game.

DirectorDoug

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I saw the blood, I saw the new chars... I saw a mountain climber and climbing equipment at the gypsy camp... but darn if I could get ANYONE to talk to me.

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have done very little with this event to date, but I am thinking it is worth another looksee. Thanks Devs!

LordDrago

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I saw the blood, I saw the new chars... I saw a mountain climber and climbing equipment at the gypsy camp... but darn if I could get ANYONE to talk to me.
Ditto.

Followed the blood trail and was getting excited...until I reached the end of the trail and could not get any NPC to talk to me. :(

iamSnippa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

andartshome

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
if 2 putrid blood elles are both paragons this is impossible to do for me and i have fully trained gd and 120 vet 120 mage , think needs a tweek so that one ele is not paragon

Cerwin Vega

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some how on my tamer I already had 8k points so I clicked on the meer mage and got the statue.

Symma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Still not on Siege. Tweeting Jeff gets no response. Twitter sucks even more now...

guess its time to hound other people till i get put on ignore lists lol

Frogger Green

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I followed the blood , spoke the key words to Shirron , killed the blood monsters , brought the blood back to Shirron and he wont take the blood. i tried to mark the blood as a quest item ( wouldnt work) tried to drop it on his head nothing. What am i doing wrong ?

Cerwin Vega

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I followed the blood , spoke the key words to Shirron , killed the blood monsters , brought the blood back to Shirron and he wont take the blood. i tried to mark the blood as a quest item ( wouldnt work) tried to drop it on his head nothing. What am i doing wrong ?
All I had to do was drop it on him.

Gantry

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yea dropping it on him is how you do it, but it did take me a few tries or so to get it to work for some reason. You need 2 word keys to get them to talk sometimes also it seems. I hope the grind for the statues pays off in some way down the road or will it be just for the statues?

Jeff gave away the spoiler about getting a town banner with your town loyalty but not sure what the minimum loyalty will be for the banner. Only time will tell.

Symma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My guess, and hope, about the banner is that different levels loyalty will effect the cost of the banner. So hopefully the banner will be available to those who reach a reasonable level but at the same time those who worked hard can get it alot cheaper. Well, we will see.

That or different banners reflecting your different level of loyalty. But that might be more time consuming to add (different graphics etc). Probably not possible either.

Frogger Green

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My husband & I were trying on Napa & cant get the shirron to take the blood. switched to great lakes & no problems

Sir_Bolo

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
FYI: Exodus is definately awake...
Do you have any additional evidence to support this?
The only book in your list mentioning Exodus is "The Watcher: A History" - but that is not new fiction. It is just a retelling of the backstory for the first awakening of Exodus in Lord Blackthorn's Revenge in 2002.
I agree that Exodus is probably involved in the current events, but we don't have concrete proof yet (unless the EMs on your shard gave more specific clues). We only know that a couple of adventurers messed up a control panel in the Exodus dungeon...

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
sorry but ..this realy is a bore snore....:(

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do you have any additional evidence to support this?
The only book in your list mentioning Exodus is "The Watcher: A History" - but that is not new fiction. It is just a retelling of the backstory for the first awakening of Exodus in Lord Blackthorn's Revenge in 2002.
I agree that Exodus is probably involved in the current events, but we don't have concrete proof yet (unless the EMs on your shard gave more specific clues). We only know that a couple of adventurers messed up a control panel in the Exodus dungeon...
Yes, there was another book not included in the game-wide fourteen. It was written by Callie, the character at the beginning of the last piece of official fiction, who GLers met during the EM event on Tuesday night. Callie wanted to tinker with one of the Nexus devices mentioned in the A Brief History books - at least one of which is inside Exodus.

According to a book Callie gave us, another name for 'Nexus device' is 'Dark Core,' the term used to describe the mystical object which linked Exodus' daemonic spirit to its machine body as explained in Ultima VII: The Forge of Virtue. In that expansion, the Avatar is warned that Exodus was returning to Sosaria - thus the Avatar banished the Dark Core into the Ethereal Void as a preventative measure.

So, unless this is a massive red herring, Exodus is about to go all Skynet on us.

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since nobody else has reported this yet.. The reward statues from the heirlooms grind are just deco. No noises, no FX... They just sit there.

Yay?

Also, 5k+ (Ally) Jukan loyalty doesn't prevent them from attacking you. It should.

Sir_Bolo

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So, unless this is a massive red herring, Exodus is about to go all Skynet on us.
This is one possibility.
Another possibility is that Callie inadvertently banished the Dark Core into the Ethereal Void when she removed the panel, freeing us from Exodus once and for all.
With Exodus gone, the changes it made on the timeline were partially undone, reverting the central area of Ilshenar to the state it had when Adranath wiped out the Meer and Jukan armies at the fortress.
We'll see!

UO Relic

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So the event is to get to the grave robbers so we can then kill 1000 grave robbers for a mage statue or kill 2000 grave robbers for a warrior statue. Wow doesnt that sound like a load of fun .... NOT

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
So the event is to get to the grave robbers so we can then kill 1000 grave robbers for a mage statue or kill 2000 grave robbers for a warrior statue
Ummm, math is just a tad bit off. It's 50 points per articact. 5,000 and 10,000 points for each statue. That's 100 for the mage and 200 for the warrior. Alot better off.

S

Sevin0oo0

Another possibility is ... reverting the central area of Ilshenar to the state it had when Adranath wiped out the Meer and Jukan armies at the fortress.
Would that revert the Yew areas as well? maybe removing the no recall (blocked) zones, or was Yew many years different?

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May I take this moment to express my miff-ed-ness that these books are available only through one hour, approx, one a week events. *sigh*

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Another possibility is that Callie inadvertently banished the Dark Core into the Ethereal Void when she removed the panel, freeing us from Exodus once and for all.
I will concede that as a possibility, however, it would terribly anticlimactic to one-hit-kill Exodus using two paragraphs in which its name never actually appeared. (the Act II fiction) It would be kind of like killing off Minax by saying she used too much mascara to see and tripped through a 'rune gate,' falling to her death... (Lost & Found, Part III *shudders at the memory of Mark's god-awful writing*)

No, I think we'll be seeing the daemonic super computer in a big way. Hopefully, we'll get a chance to destroy it for good. Leaving villains alive at the end of arcs is just silly. Much like 'defeating' Virtuebane with pie was silly.

With Exodus gone, the changes it made on the timeline were partially undone, reverting the central area of Ilshenar to the state it had when Adranath wiped out the Meer and Jukan armies at the fortress.
We'll see!
Then Mythic would have to undo UO back to LBR... Thats one way to get rid of AoS, I guess... :gee:

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May I take this moment to express my miff-ed-ness that these books are available only through one hour, approx, one a week events. *sigh*
These books are locked down in Mistas and Lakeshire. There is nothing special about them. They are the big purple books dyed blue with a plant dye. Dye some books and go out and copy them.

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
These books are locked down in Mistas and Lakeshire. There is nothing special about them. They are the big purple books dyed blue with a plant dye. Dye some books and go out and copy them.
*runs off to check that on Origin* Nice to know I'm covered on GL. You have my thanks.

Nimuaq

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also, 5k+ (Ally) Jukan loyalty doesn't prevent them from attacking you. It should.
What puzzles me more is that the Jukan lords, mages and warriors don't attack the grave robbers who are stealing their ancient heirlooms.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Well they are all red, and when blues are around we all know how those reds are :p lol

Still does not make sense to me how I am gaining loyalty to the Juka yet having to kill them by the hundreds.

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I try to avoid the Juka when killing the robbers, but I have wondered why they aren't at each other's throats as well. It would make sense and be amusing to watch, though the Juka would get slaughtered.

This bit of the arc seems rather slapdash to me. A dumbed-down retread of the Bane loyalty mechanic with four completely pointless "rewards." I'd like to see the Devs update this event in Pub 75 to flesh it out a bit more. Loyalty to the Juka should mean something more than blah deco statues.

I'm also wondering if the end of this arc will see a reconciliation between the Juka and the Meer. Coming together to fight their common enemy: Exodus.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I had done the bane/ophidian war and so have meer loyalty already! But now my juka loyalty is going up but my meer loyalty will not go up?

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Fyi I have it working now I reloaded the UI and now its updated