• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[UO Herald] Connectivity Issues to Shard Oceania

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We have been informed by our service provider that there are issues to connect to shard Oceania.
The situation is under investigation. Keep an eye on the Herald for updates.

Continue reading...

S

Sevin0oo0

I kinda expected more issues... as in they haven't yet determined what's causing the down time, the problem is an issue unique with that partner that is out of direct control of either, locating a more reliable source (this might be the best in the area, but has growing pains). Isn't this located 'down under'? Maybe an undead dingo peeing on connectors, you know how they are.
Either way, as head guy 'here' (Jeff), how do you announce what the problem is without essentially becoming a troll or presenting it here, publicly, which if posted by anyone else would result in a warning issued for the post? I think Fan sites should be offered a more in-depth explanation, simply because of the special relationship we enjoy and simply because we're tougher, and can handle the truth, good or bad.

The term 'partner' struck me as very odd. The 'flawed partner' shows a flaw in the decision making process in which they were selected in the first place. Isn't it just a bulk data center service that sells its services to many 'partners' ? I know I'd be hesitant to connect myself directly to anything flawed. Many of us here are technical people, certainly some more so than others, we're not fooled.
I can almost feel a little "AAARGH!" in Jeff's tone, so I Do think he's very concerned, just what the resolve will be is unknown.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Perhaps it is best relocated back to the west coast service. At least you can get in the bloody shard. I know this laggs the hadies out of the aussies but thing is which is worse a bit of lag or no shard 99% of the time? It's the only thing i could think of that might help. We who play Oceania are dying out not cause we dont play... we cant get in!

Juztme

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Moving it back to USA would make it unplayable 100% of the time. The lag makes it completely unplayable which is why a lot left when they first did that . We just have to hang in there and hope for the best ...
I have all my fingers and toes crossed for Oceania to survive.. :D