• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Sampire in Plate #3

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So... since I really haven't played much since thanksgiving and trying to get back into it- so I decided to finish up my female sampire to go along with my wife's.... and she wanted me in plate as well.... so, I tossed this together today... I was wanting comments on it, to see if I was missing something...

Things I know-
I'd like to get LMC to 40.... being at 39 is irritating.
Similar vein in that HCI and DCI are at 40.... not 45.
It is without a robe, so I could use the HCI mana orb and then a 5 DCI robe and be at 45/40. I run 120 parry, so the little off the DCI isn't that bad.
EDIT: Also it looks like there are imbue slots available on the Arms, Ring and Bracelet, so I am worried I am overlooking something.

Suit is pretty much corpse proof, not stressing over the -5 in poison.

The suit is plate- to be imbued and then enhanced with verite.

Thoughts, comments, criticisms?

Z

Zannette

Very nice setup!!
I am wondering how come you don't have Enhance Potions or did I miss that in the suite?

Z

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Very nice setup!!
I am wondering how come you don't have Enhance Potions or did I miss that in the suite?

Z
Thanks!

It's currently under consideration. My current sampire doesn't use potions, has 120 parry, still runs like 65 Chiv... :D And I still solo everything just like I did before the Chiv changes.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
There are few ways to make it better but it seems you are already crafted armor pieces.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
I believe there are some reason you didn't make it woodland.

I suggest:

1 less fire res and 1 more MI on the chest

2 less hpi and 2 more MI on legs

1 less fire res and 2 more MI on arms
You can use Shroud to cap HPI but I'd prefer to imbue 2 HPI here - there're no other usefull mods for this place.

It seems you needn't SSI ring. I don't know what weapon do you use but usually you need 20, 35 or 55 SSI.

I don't like idea to use dci robe. If you want to cap DCI i suggest you to use 20 DCI jewel.

I don't know how many skill points do you need on your suit. There are an example of jewels:
25 DI, 15 HCI, 15 DCI, 8 STR, 3 LMC (2 less LMC and 2 more MI on the hands in this case)
25 DI, 15 HCI, 20 DCI, 8 STR, 1 luck

p.s. Armor pieces look brilliant. You must have spent a lot of time/ingots to get so good resists.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I believe there are some reason you didn't make it woodland.

I suggest:

1 less fire res and 1 more MI on the chest

2 less hpi and 2 more MI on legs

1 less fire res and 2 more MI on arms
You can use Shroud to cap HPI but I'd prefer to imbue 2 HPI here - there're no other usefull mods for this place.

It seems you needn't SSI ring. I don't know what weapon do you use but usually you need 20, 35 or 55 SSI.

I don't like idea to use dci robe. If you want to cap DCI i suggest you to use 20 DCI jewel.

I don't know how many skill points do you need on your suit. There are an example of jewels:
25 DI, 15 HCI, 15 DCI, 8 STR, 3 LMC (2 less LMC and 2 more MI on the hands in this case)
25 DI, 15 HCI, 20 DCI, 8 STR, 1 luck

p.s. Armor pieces look brilliant. You must have spent a lot of time/ingots to get so good resists.
The numbers on MI aren't exact numbers, I haven't gone in a figured out the exact intensities just yet. I just know that everything can't be max, and when I have made armor before, the leftover portions of imbueing go into mana increase.

Not decided on the skill points on the jewelry yet either. Still working out the suit. And I am pretty sure I am going with Long swords/Scimitars.

I didn't make it woodland strictly because of the look. My wife's sampire (detailed here: Sampire in Plate is in plate and she wanted us paired up. And my other Sampire (Yoda) is already in woodland armor (someday I'll post his suit, lol).

But if you have advice/thoughts on pieces (example, I considered other types of metal armor, because they are all base 15 points, just different distributions) please let me know.

All these pieces I had left over from previous crafting except the chest, which I remade and it took about 800 pieces to get that one.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
I believe that verity is the best choice for metal armor.

For plate armor I'd prefer make 7 imbue for resists.
Three items like this:
8 MI, 8 SI, 8 LMC, 15 fire, 10 another resist
And the last item:
8 MI, 8 SI, 8 LMC, 15 fire, 3 HPI (use Shroud to max HPI)

For chainmail I think the last item can be:
8 MI, 8 SI, 8 LMC, 9 fire, 5 HPI

I prefer to get 8 MI/8 SI from each crafted armor piece :).

Gorbs

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What's the weight on the ring?
15HCI - 130
15DCI - 110
25 DI - 100
5 SSI - ?

Can you add 1 LMC to it? It would take an extra 13.75 intensity (not sure how the rounding works). You could lower DCI to 14 on the ring if you need to free up intensity space. The relic frag usage could be fairly expensive to do this though.

Z

Zannette

15HCI - 130
15DCI - 110
25 DI - 100
5 SSI - ?

Can you add 1 LMC to it? It would take an extra 13.75 intensity (not sure how the rounding works). You could lower DCI to 14 on the ring if you need to free up intensity space. The relic frag usage could be fairly expensive to do this though.
5 SSI has 18 imbuing weight.
As SSI can only be imbued on weapons that is the weight that is used.

Hope I'm right :)
Z

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You are right, after looking at it, it seems at 35 SSI / 180 Stam is the point I want to be. So, there's another slot free on the ring.

Thanks! I really do spend a lot of time working for the right piece. Looking at it now... I am wondering if it would be better to make the pieces out of like Chain, because with the physical resist out of Mace & Shields / Gladiator's Collar, plus the verite on each piece, that's 55, so you need 15 points out of 4 pieces, and with chain starting at 4 and ring mail at 3, you could get a better distribution out of those.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
15HCI - 130
15DCI - 110
25 DI - 100
5 SSI - ?

That's an idea. Since I am taking off 5 SSI from the ring, that makes the weight currently 340 with 2 slots free.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Just sheer randomness of the EX bonus in Physical should get you the remaining Physical resists, especially if you work with non-runic pieces to start.

M&S+GC = 43
Verite on other 4 pieces = 12
Base amounts on the other 4 pieces = 8 (for plate)

All it would take is 1-2 resists from exceptional on each, or maybe even 7 just on one piece, to do the job. Ring or Chain would probably just waste what resists fall on your best-distribution pieces despite your best efforts.

Gorbs

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a 20DCI, no negative mod bracelet from Shame. Since you're skipping the turquoise ring I think is the way you want to go. Get one that's 20DCI with no other mods and the other with 20HCI with no negative mods and then finish it off with imbues.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a 20DCI, no negative mod bracelet from Shame. Since you're skipping the turquoise ring I think is the way you want to go. Get one that's 20DCI with no other mods and the other with 20HCI with no negative mods and then finish it off with imbues.
I am liking that idea, thanks!

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just sheer randomness of the EX bonus in Physical should get you the remaining Physical resists, especially if you work with non-runic pieces to start.

M&S+GC = 43
Verite on other 4 pieces = 12
Base amounts on the other 4 pieces = 8 (for plate)

All it would take is 1-2 resists from exceptional on each, or maybe even 7 just on one piece, to do the job. Ring or Chain would probably just waste what resists fall on your best-distribution pieces despite your best efforts.
That's probably true- I try to squeeze ever number I can trying to save that extra 1 (or 2 if I am really lucky) imbue slots.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I imbued it today... I'll post pictures later... working on the weapons now. :D

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here is her armor:

I just realized I forgot her jewelry-
Ring - HCI 15, DCI 15, DI 25, LMC 3, Chivalry 12
Bracelet- HCI 15, DCI 15, DI 25, EP 25, Chivalry 6

Originally her jewelry had 8 str and 4 str (when I took the picture) but I have since remade them with the skill points.

Weapons are similar to Lynk's, with these exceptions:
The reptile long sword is a Dragon Slayer and the DI is 35.
The arachnid long sword is a Spider Slayer and the DI is 35
Rest of the Swords, the DI is 31.

The hit area on the scimitars is as follows:
Reptile- cold
Demon- cold
Arachnid- fire
Undead- fire
Repond- cold

I also took the DI to 45 on the scimitars because there was room.

Mana pool is 59... Currently my stats are 125, 120, 10. Not wearing the boots in the picture. They should be 115/115/25.... that would give me 125/125/28 with gear and 125 goes to 150 with potions.... I believe. And that would make the mana pool 77.

With a potion, her stamina is 182.

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You've done it again. That's another nice suit!!!!! I like how you made it without faction artifacts too. :)

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You've done it again. That's another nice suit!!!!! I like how you made it without faction artifacts too. :)
Thanks! :)

I don't participate in factions and I think it would be lame just to join so that I could just use the artifacts.

J.B.

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Insane Tinker legs are plate, just another consideration.

I do not put Hit area effects on my weapons as it mess's with targeting, If you have a mob around you it seems it always wants to target the monster out side of your reach, thus dying. I believe there is a macro that allows you to attack the nearest monster, which i have never mastered.

Q

quackmandude

Wow. This is the kind of suit u only here about in myths and legends. Lol. I'm on Chesapeake and I don't have a crafter. How much for a suit of this caliber?

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's funny, my wife and I were talking about that the other day....

This suit, I only imbued 4 pieces (Chest, Arms, Hands, Legs)- which I have to admit I was a little bummed over. Afterwards I remembered I wanted to base the suit on the Bronzed Armor of the Valkyrie- guess I might have to make another suit. ;)

Each piece was made pretty much the same-
~2 powders of fort
LMC x4 (5 relic, 10 tourmaline, 10 essence of order)
HPI x1 (10 Enchanted essence, 10 rubies, 10 luminescent fungi)
MI x4 (5 Enchanted essence, 10 sapphires, 10 Luminescent fungi)
SI x4 (5 Enchanted essence, 10 diamonds, 10 Luminescent fungi)
SR x1 (5 Enchanted essence, 10 diamonds, 10 seed of renewal)
*note- you don't have to do stamina regen, but I had a free slot and didn't really have anything else I HAD to imbue there.

40 Essence of Order 2.2 million
90 Luminescent Fungi 200k
140 assorted gems ~30k
5 Relic Fragments ~200k
10 Powder of Fortification 1.2 million

Here's where it gets expensive. You CAN try to enhance the pieces without using the forged metal of artifacts, but I wouldn't recommend it.

When you toss in the artifacts...

Mace and Shield - ~12 million
Gladiator's Collar- ~25 million
Crimson Cincture- ~14 million
Mana Phasing Orb- ~600k
Sash- 500k to 2 million (depending if you use spell focusing or corgul's)
Ranger's Cloak of Augmentation- ~30 million

That doesn't include the weapons or the time used to make each piece of the armor. So... just for the imbued armor, I'd say about 4 million in gold- plus the Forged Metal of Artifacts however you chose to get it.

With the artifacts- you're adding like 80 million- so total of about 100 million not including the weapons.

Of course I could be missing something, typing this up as I am doing t-maps.

Q

quackmandude

ur gonna make another suit? well if u dont know what to do with your old one ill take the bullet and store it for ya lololol. yeah well i have wep and all of those artis cept for the robe and glasses. any crafter on chessy wanna take up the challenge?

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ur gonna make another suit? well if u dont know what to do with your old one ill take the bullet and store it for ya lololol. yeah well i have wep and all of those artis cept for the robe and glasses. any crafter on chessy wanna take up the challenge?
LOL- I might be willing to sell the imbued pieces... or even the set... but I can't see myself giving it away! ;)

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh, I am going to make the suit- there isn't a question on that.

Just not sure if I am going to keep both female suits or sell one.

E

elspeth

*note- you don't have to do stamina regen, but I had a free slot and didn't really have anything else I HAD to imbue there.
I was just thinking what you could have done with this extra slot and had what I think is a good idea. I hear the 20HCI jewelry can be hard to find in Shame so perhaps you could take that one piece with the extra imbue slot and reforge it for 5HCI. Then pof and imbue the rest. I imagine it would fit if 1 SR would fit. Just not sure how hard it is to get the 5HCI in comparison to how hard it is to find a 20 HCI jewel.