• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Preliminary Findings: BOD value variable affecting the rewards.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Here's what the information posted here has led to...
Remaining questions are in RED.

1. Bonuses apply only to large BODs, due to the level where the bonus appears to kick in is well over where even the most valuable smalls fall on the charts.

2. Only higher level BODs are affected.
2.a. Tailor BODs start receiving the bonus at the 115 PS level.
2.b. Smith BODs start receiving the bonus at the Gold Hammer level.
2.c. That Some desirable BODs can be advanced to undesirable rewards (120 Tailor PS, ASH instead of Smith Runics) is not some evil plot by the devs to ruin your day, but an artifact of how the point system is set up. You have to espect the occasional suckage with the happy.

3. BODs that can get a bonus, can be raised as many as 3 levels (Tailor), or 4(at least?) levels (Smith). This means that all of the Tailor BODs that can receive the bonus, have the potential to be raised to Barbed kits.

4. While most of the upper value level Smith BODs have the potential to be elevated to Valorite BODs, the lowest (Gold Hammer BODs) appear so far to max out their bonus to be elevated to a Verite Hammer. (Has anyone gotten a Valorite Hammer from a Gold Hammer BOD?)

5. The exact chance of the bonus is Unknown, but estimated at about 20%. How the decision is made to how big a bonus is added, has yet to be determined. Official information to these number issues is what is most desired by crafters...

WildWobble

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok what are you talking about? How do you increase the lvl of bods?

I am lost as to what your talking about i do bods all the time, been away for a year so if some new change to the bods please explain where the info is and or add that info to this page please.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
What I've given IS the info....

A couple years back, the devs programmed a RANDOM variable that can bump the reward level of a high-end BOD 1 or more levels. It took almost a year to figure out what was going on, before they admitted to it; it's not documented anywhere.

For example, earlier tonight, I had a Horned Kit LBOD for Tailor have its reward level bumped 1 step, and it gave me a 120 Powerscroll. However, it was only one of 5 such BODs that got such an increase.

As you can see, the reward bump isn't neccessarily a good thing. ( a gold or Agapite Hammer BOD can become an ASH reward, or my previously mentioned Horned kit becoming a PS).

It kicks in for tailors at the 115 PS LBOD level, and at or above (still not sure which) the Gold Hammer LBOD level for Smiths.

A BOD will usually not get an increase at all, but when one does, the increase can be 1 step, 2 steps or more (boosts of 4 steps have been reported, but not confirmed, for some smiths).

The boost does not appear to affect fame level or gold gained from the BOD - just the physical reward.

WildWobble

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ahh thank you for the clarification, Come to mention it i did notice that fact about a year ago i was sure i was to get a gold hammer and got a Ash out of the bod i was very disappointed and also confused. This makes sense not that its a good thing but it is possibly good. :confused:

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Confirming:
6*15 normal spined female LBOD - was 15 PS, got HRSK instead + 11500 gp

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My finding after turning 36 LBODs for 120 tailor PS for cleanup:
9 x BRSK
27 x 120 PS

So its 25:75% distribution in this round.