• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Oh Dear....Someone messed up with latest patch.....Bejesus!!!

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Failed patch

Having to totally restore the whole classic client

which bum....messed up here then.....Bejesus

ShadowTrauma

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Me too, after my 3rd attempt I think I may have it fixed. /crosses fingers...

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
DO NOT stop the patcher no matter what let it run even if it seems to stop

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
DO NOT stop the patcher no matter what let it run even if it seems to stop
Absolutely! It looks to stop with an error message, but it has NOT stopped running - like I mentioned in the other thread, leave it alone for a good few minutes! Patience pays off .....

S

Sevin0oo0

Wow! what a change. 450MB patch/rebuild?
i started off w/ that Error: 5 too
still running, but hopes it works alright

ShadowTrauma

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok I did finally get my UO up and running, but now when using UO assist it opens my client and the patcher at same time so I end up with 2 instances of UO. Wacky any suggestions?

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Ok I did finally get my UO up and running, but now when using UO assist it opens my client and the patcher at same time so I end up with 2 instances of UO. Wacky any suggestions?
when ITS DONE if the new patch window does not close you can manualy close it just make sure its done! I recommend closing down after and launch like normal then the window should leave on its own when done

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Indeed, I think what it does is redownload the entire client.
with this patcher checking that box makes it go to each file and compare it and if missing it re downloads it or if there is a problem with it it does the same!

S

Sevin0oo0

how many times does it take? I got in, no uoa, but i could check vendors and such. then logged out
now patching again...

The patch client was unable to update the file [artLegacyMUL.uop] (2 total errors encountered). Please ensure the game is not already running and there is free space available on the disk. 30gb free, so I know what it isn't. Maybe they should have asked to start UO directly, and not thru UOA?

Edit: trying again... The login-in screen still launches behind the patch window, closed it, waiting again

twoburntfouryou

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am all kinds of messed up here :eek: I clicked on my CC and the patch came threw then I saw a small dos screen that went away now when I try to log on it loads up the EC with all kinds of patches? But at the top of what looks like the EC client it says classic. Does this make any sence?

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am all kinds of messed up here :eek: I clicked on my CC and the patch came threw then I saw a small dos screen that went away now when I try to log on it loads up the EC with all kinds of patches? But at the top of what looks like the EC client it says classic. Does this make any sence?
It's not loading the EC, it's loading large patches for Classic.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its a whole client reboot!!!!!!!!!!..iam on the 3rd go now..after crashing twice and getting the same problem .....what a huge mega screw up...thank you EA for wasting about 3 hours of my off work time.....awesome...really....

oh and EA '' in general'' ... please stop using orgin for testing publishes because about 7 people play it!!!

Da BaBO

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, this has really been a major screw up. I had no problems playing earlier this morning. I start the program this afternoon and the patch redirects to a DOS window. After it finishes, I try starting the program again. A window pops up saying my winhttp.dll file can not be found. I try again several times, still the same message. I uninstall UO and try reinstalling it again and I still get the same message. I think this is a good time to say goodbye to UO, since my subscription was up for renewal next month anyways. I hope everyone else has better luck with the patch.

Kas Althume

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I started UOA as usual, got the patch error other got aswell. Then i started the client.exe manually and it did patch some big file after opening a dos box. When i start UOA now it loads the old classic client as usual and it opens a dos box wich will shortly after open a second client patcher window. The second one will crash out after patching something every time i start it. What a major screwup ....

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I started UOA as usual, got the patch error other got aswell. Then i started the client.exe manually and it did patch some big file after opening a dos box. When i start UOA now it loads the old classic client as usual and it opens a dos box wich will shortly after open a second client patcher window. The second one will crash out after patching something every time i start it. What a major screwup ....
this is a tugsoft problem not uo! uoassist is made to run with uo ,not the other way around

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
this is a tugsoft problem not uo! uoassist is made to run with uo ,not the other way around
That means very little to those of us who do use UOA...which is practically everyone on the Classic Client.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
That means very little to those of us who do use UOA...which is practically everyone on the Classic Client.
I use uoassist! I am using it now! what i am saying is tugsoft owns and runs assist it is whats causing the problem not uo! so they need to fix it! btw mine is working?

Juztme

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I have the same issue as mentioned by Aurelius in on of the other threads, that evertime i close the client and re open it says its loading a 390/390 patch. This same issue was occuring with the EC patcher when i thought Id have a look at the EC client early last year. The solution provided to me from the techos (via EA help) at that time, was to download the Classic client instead (this option is obviously no longer available).
So is this actually downloading 390 everytime i load up?
And no.. because of all the posts about the the issue with uoassist I did not start up the game using it, each time was started up using uo.exe and yes i first patched exactly per Bleak Mythics post.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
its been a while sense i poked around in CC but we have a file type i dont remenber call .myp and also a metrixs.text file that has all the info on the operating system is this new?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can't get Terry's pc patched properly :( I've even uninstalled, downloaded the patcher and re-installed the game. Everytime I start the client I get the same 390. No file names, and it doesn't go to the bottom 'patching' bar.
If I start with uoa it does that, then moves on to downloading named files and patching, errors out on the art file :(

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yea, it errors while patching because UO is already opened automatically when you use UOA.

If you close the client before it's done patching, then it won't give you an error. Unfortunately, this also means that you just closed the client so you can't play. If you reopen it through UOA, you get the same problem.

Best to just let it "error" and play anyways. Let it fails its patch in the background.

Bleak

UO Software Engineer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have the same issue as mentioned by Aurelius in on of the other threads, that evertime i close the client and re open it says its loading a 390/390 patch. This same issue was occuring with the EC patcher when i thought Id have a look at the EC client early last year. The solution provided to me from the techos (via EA help) at that time, was to download the Classic client instead (this option is obviously no longer available).
So is this actually downloading 390 everytime i load up?
And no.. because of all the posts about the the issue with uoassist I did not start up the game using it, each time was started up using uo.exe and yes i first patched exactly per Bleak Mythics post.
This is not an issue, upon launching the patcher it determines if any of your client files need to be patched which is the 390/390 you are seeing.
Each time the patcher is run it will check for available updates and verify your client files. So to answer your question yes you download a checksum from the patcher server to verify that you are up to date. Once that is complete you can hit play.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't understand it. It doesn't move on to downloading the files if I don't use uoa, so are those files already patched or not?
I've uploaded the patchlog maybe someone can make sense of it.

Sorry Bleak, didn't see your post.
Is it supposed to take so long to check? I'm talkin several minutes, not the few seconds the process takes with EC

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I don't understand it. It doesn't move on to downloading the files if I don't use uoa, so are those files already patched or not?
I've uploaded the patchlog maybe someone can make sense of it.

Sorry Bleak, didn't see your post.
Is it supposed to take so long to check? I'm talkin several minutes, not the few seconds the process takes with EC
you could try bypassing the patcher once you know its patched

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
R Traveller: I have. Twice.
Storm: But is it patched? When I load through UOA it tries to download files and fails, when I load from just the desktop shortcut it doesn't do that - but it takes around 10 minutes to do this 'checksum', which surely isn't right?

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is not an issue, upon launching the patcher it determines if any of your client files need to be patched which is the 390/390 you are seeing.
Each time the patcher is run it will check for available updates and verify your client files. So to answer your question yes you download a checksum from the patcher server to verify that you are up to date. Once that is complete you can hit play.
Bleak, it's taking a full minute and a half to download the checksum for the patcher server to verify if my client is up-to-date. Do you expect that length of time to get any shorter? That is an uncomfortably long period of time to wait if your client crashed and you had to start it up again to go rescue a character, etc. I know you can bypass the patching process by starting with the client.exe file and I imagine I'll do that if I really have to log on quickly, but I have concerns that down the road you guys will eliminate that option as well and we'll be forced into contacting the patcher server every time we want to log in. Is it just slow today because there's an exceptionally large patch and everyone's downloading it, or will this be the new norm for logging into UO?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
heh minute and a half? Take something close to 10 minutes on Terry's pc. That's why I thought it was doing a big download.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
heh minute and a half? Take something close to 10 minutes on Terry's pc. That's why I thought it was doing a big download.
Yeah, I've timed it a couple of times for what seems to be just the "checksum" download. I wonder where the patch server is located? Also, are you running as administrator? Or is there any possibility that your anti-virus software is holding up things because the client has changed?

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Bleak, it's taking a full minute and a half to download the checksum for the patcher server to verify if my client is up-to-date. Do you expect that length of time to get any shorter? That is an uncomfortably long period of time to wait if your client crashed and you had to start it up again to go rescue a character, etc. I know you can bypass the patching process by starting with the client.exe file and I imagine I'll do that if I really have to log on quickly, but I have concerns that down the road you guys will eliminate that option as well and we'll be forced into contacting the patcher server every time we want to log in. Is it just slow today because there's an exceptionally large patch and everyone's downloading it, or will this be the new norm for logging into UO?
/agree it takes an alarmingly long time, and I just bought a new computer.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is Terry's pc, he's still on XP so 'run as admin' doesn't apply.

I just timed this. I clicked the icon at 20.42.30 and the 'play' button lit up at 20.47.40.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I use classic client with no UOA. Mine worked. It does the normal check. then it loads a DOS screen and then it looks like the EC. (like the pic in the harold) It did a 444Mb download. One file was 101M. Took about 10 min.

Im glad I look here first. I may have cancelled because I thought I accidently hit my EC icon.

Good Luck All.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
This is Terry's pc, he's still on XP so 'run as admin' doesn't apply.

I just timed this. I clicked the icon at 20.42.30 and the 'play' button lit up at 20.47.40.
Mine took 25 seconds (but seemed like much longer). With the splash screen 35 seconds. Does it have to do this patch check every single time? Is this some sort of cheat prevention?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The EC does the same thing, but very quickly. The patchlog from Terry's pc is a total disaster, if anyone's read it. I linked it earlier. I can only thing that the reason his takes so long is all the 'failed'. Here's an excerpt
[2012/03/12 19:10:42] Failed to load module [http]
[2012/03/12 19:10:42] libpatchclient initialized.
[2012/03/12 19:10:42] Currently running as [C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Classic\UO.exe]
[2012/03/12 19:10:43] Currently running as [C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Classic\UO.exe]
[2012/03/12 19:10:43] Notification of restart with alternate filename
[2012/03/12 19:10:49] Failed to load module [http]
[2012/03/12 19:10:49] libpatchclient initialized.
[2012/03/12 19:10:49] Currently running as [C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Classic\UO.bin]
[2012/03/12 19:10:52] Nothing to patch for [EAMythic Patcher]
[2012/03/12 19:13:21] Failed to determine required patch set for [uo-legacyrelease.prod].
[2012/03/12 19:13:21] Patch Operation Restarting...
[2012/03/12 19:13:21] Failed to retrieve remote file [uo-legacyrelease.prod.sig].
[2012/03/12 19:13:21] Failed to read remote product check.
[2012/03/12 19:13:21] Failed to patch main product.
[2012/03/12 19:13:23] Failed to load module [http]
[2012/03/12 19:13:23] libpatchclient initialized.
[2012/03/12 19:13:23] Currently running as [C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Classic\UO.exe]
[2012/03/12 19:13:24] Currently running as [C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Classic\UO.exe]
[2012/03/12 19:13:24] Notification of restart with alternate filename
[2012/03/12 19:13:25] Failed to load module [http]
[2012/03/12 19:13:25] libpatchclient initialized.
[2012/03/12 19:13:25] Currently running as [C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Classic\UO.bin]
[2012/03/12 19:13:26] Nothing to patch for [EAMythic Patcher]
[2012/03/12 19:13:30] Failed to determine required patch set for [uo-legacyrelease.prod].
[2012/03/12 19:13:30] Patch Operation Restarting...
[2012/03/12 19:13:30] A full file check for product [UO Classic Client] has been requested.
[2012/03/12 19:17:45] Nothing to patch for [UO Classic Client]
[2012/03/12 19:17:45] Patch Operation Complete.
I'll be uninstalling his nice new install in the morning and starting over. Wish me luck!

LordDrago

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got patched between character tests earler today and patched with zero issues.

Raptor85

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
New patcher interface doesn't run for me at all, haven't debugged it yet but my guess would be it's suddenly dependent on some other piece of software that some of us may or may not have installed. If you can't get it to run at least for now you can still run client.exe directly

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I patched up and could get into the game just fine. The problem I'm having, however, is that when I try to fire up the client again, it goes through this elongated determining patch set routine with the [x/390] progress bar slowly taking its time. Anyone else getting this? If we have to go through this each time we login, it's going to wear thin. If we have to go through this if we crash, the stress levels are going to go through the roof.

Lymbyc

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Right... I'm on Windows XP at the moment ('cause I'm ancient). Anyone else on XP? I only know a couple so far and they're having the same issues as me.

I need some nice advice you lovelies. Because when I dbl click my desktop icon (or the icon inside the folders) for UO, it doesnt even do anything at all, apart from give me the hourglass on the cursor for about 3 seconds.

When I try in UOA, I can get as far as clicking "play" on the first box that comes up but then it says I don't even have any UO files on my computer, even though I'm staring at them.

I've uninstalled and re-installed 6 times now. I've used the new client patcher in the patch notes. Didn't work. I've tried re-installing through creating a trial account... the icon patched to an extent but once it wanted to start patching today's stuff I got the dodgy black screen with white text. I left it to go about its business and it closed, waited a while longer and nothing happened. Then when I went to try start it again, cbl clicked UO icon on desktop... Nothing happened. Going round in circles.

Since 4pm. And it's starting to get on my rag. Any suggestions? Pwease? :(

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Right... I'm on Windows XP at the moment ('cause I'm ancient). Anyone else on XP? I only know a couple so far and they're having the same issues as me.

I need some nice advice you lovelies. Because when I dbl click my desktop icon (or the icon inside the folders) for UO, it doesnt even do anything at all, apart from give me the hourglass on the cursor for about 3 seconds.

When I try in UOA, I can get as far as clicking "play" on the first box that comes up but then it says I don't even have any UO files on my computer, even though I'm staring at them.

I've uninstalled and re-installed 6 times now. I've used the new client patcher in the patch notes. Didn't work. I've tried re-installing through creating a trial account... the icon patched to an extent but once it wanted to start patching today's stuff I got the dodgy black screen with white text. I left it to go about its business and it closed, waited a while longer and nothing happened. Then when I went to try start it again, cbl clicked UO icon on desktop... Nothing happened. Going round in circles.

Since 4pm. And it's starting to get on my rag. Any suggestions? Pwease? :(
I'm on XP too and the patcher seemed to die on me. I had to bring up the task manager and kill the uo process because when I fired UO up, I wasn't bargaining for an hour long patch. I've finally got UO patched up, but as I mentioned above, everything I fire it up, it takes forever for the patcher to get to the login screen. Have you tried rebooting your system?

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This is where I am...hourglass and then nothing. As mentioned, I can open it from .exe and it takes foreever to do some file patch test. For now, It's a workaround, I guess...I don't have and never had UOAssist, so it isn't an issue.

Guess my main peeve is that we always have to find a workaround...why the hell is nothing ever coded to be simple to use, and to work right?

Belshazzar

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was able to patch 3 computers out of 3, older computer running eeck guess this Windows 2k lol, yes its a old computer someone who doesnt want to update it for heavens sake, but i have removed UO completely, added it twice, when i use UOA to load, get errors, i go to settings on UOA and click user defined and target path, the registry is greyed out and of course errors out. Next try to run it without UOA, it will error out, then close then you get a log in screen, can play, but the owner doesnt like playing with UOA. So has anyone honestly figured out what EA did to the patcher to really screw this up? and oh the herald i love the information it provides - Screen shot if you have this your fine, but where in world is the if you dont have this this is what you should do part. Thanks EA for your Great and i mean GREAT customer support...

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Not much problem here, either.

Step one: Start and patch without UOA.
Step two: when the new patcher runs, let it finish up, start uo, then exit. Repeat until all patches are applied (as with windows, some parts of the program can't be patched in the same process).
Step three: start UO with UOA. You'll get a normal client start plus the new patcher starting again. close the new patcher, play as normal in the client that went directly to the open screen.

(Step four: Always check for a patch before closing the new patcher, or just let the new patcher run, and if it does find one, just restart after it, and go back to step three)

The advantage of the UOP patcher is there's no longer any "Multiple updates". It brings all parts of the client up to the current state in one pass, be you 1 or 100 patches behind (with the exception of the current initial pass, which is going in multiple steps since the client is so large, and it's ALL being patched, effectively as a reinstall). So, unlike the old one, instead of totally rewriting 1 file 20 times from changes made in 20 patches, it's only done once to get up to date.

You'll get some UOA warning pop-ups, but they are the same ones you get after most client patches, and it doesn't prevent use of UOA.

S

Sevin0oo0

I did as Basara and S.P.A. (in another thread) suggested. It did take (me, on xp sp3) 3-4 times to finish all the updates - to get to the "/390b" Done, but each time I could still log-in regardless of whether it finished. I also checked the box, Once, to have it check all files, probably wasn't necessary

Proserpina

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't use UOA, never had it installed. The first time this patched through it took about 17 minutes (on the computer powered by hamsters it took waaaay longer) all was good - UNTIL - I closed UO, had dinner and came back. It started the patch from scratch, which meant another 10 -15 minutes. I've tried it with the check files box checked and without, same deal - every time. So, when I get booted and I'm dead in the abyss - does this mean it's going to take this long to get back in game? I survived migration, but this....

S

Sevin0oo0

if you're fully patched, what happens starting UO w/ client.exe? it shouldn't launch the patcher