• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Ask the Devs - a reminder

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For those who have forgotten, or didn't know in the first place (read the sticky at the top of that forum)

Threads posted in the Ask the Devs forum are moved (NOT DELETED) to a forum that is private, but to which the developers have access.
While Jeff admits in his interview that there have been very few replies recently that we can bring back to the public board and set visible, they ARE still reading it.

Once again, if your thread can't be seen, do not assume that we have deleted it. We have not.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I have always wondered what happened to them. Always assumed they were deleted when they were found to be "stupid" questions. Thanks for clearing it up. :)

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The only threads we do anything with other than put them in the closed forum is when they're simple questions a player with more knowledge can answer. Then we put them in uo players corner and send a message to the poster to let them know that's what we've done.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
so they want us to once again post questions in there for them, and they will or might start to answer them again?

O

Old Man of UO

... While Jeff admits in his interview that there have been very few replies recently that we can bring back to the public board and set visible, they ARE still reading it. ...
Without proper feedback, it "feels" like we are being ignored, so we just stop sending questions in. I believe you when you say they read them... but, how do we really know if we haven't received a response since May 11, 2011?

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Without proper feedback, it "feels" like we are being ignored, so we just stop sending questions in. I believe you when you say they read them... but, how do we really know if we haven't received a response since May 11, 2011?
+1

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so they want us to once again post questions in there for them, and they will or might start to answer them again?
Not 'once again' Poo, the questions never stopped coming in, and we never stopped passing them through. I'm not sure what they'll do with them, I just got fed up with being accused of deleting them when we did no such thing.

S

Sevin0oo0

I think something a little different could be implemented to assist players and Devs alike, now that it's being revisited, this might be a good opportunity for discussion and possible changes. (first let me say I know Petra doesn't just delete them, I just don't believe she does that.)

It needs to be realized that's not really a discussion area - threads can be brought out.
Perhaps post could be prefaced, like in the trade areas, instead of Buying/Selling, it could be suggestion, question, feedback, wants, ideas, etc.
* 100 posts all saying the same thing is a waste of both screen space and the time to read them, now if 100 people "Like" that post (or the discussion it represents), then that could make a bigger difference.
* 100 posts that are all 'similar', are a waste of space, don't play semantics. If really felt they are that much different, perhaps a compromise can be made or substituted to the original question, or even added on to an original post, by a Mod.
* 100 posts never to be seen again, even by the submitter is discouraging...

I think the questions could be worked out, modified, and tweaked in advance of being placed in there, giving an opportunity for a wider degree of input and influence. People will know they had a hand in the design process. More ubber secrets is really not want many want, especially as of late. If the questions were kinda unanimously approved beforehand, in general forum, is there really any further need for them to be hidden?

Some questions, however simple, legit, or phrased, will not, and can not, be answered, and people need to get over it. But Devs need to get over it too. Those of that nature could simply be marked TABOO in some way. People will know they've been heard, And answered.

Raptor85

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm still waiting for answers to the questions i posted back in 2010 :/

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Not 'once again' Poo, the questions never stopped coming in, and we never stopped passing them through. I'm not sure what they'll do with them, I just got fed up with being accused of deleting them when we did no such thing.
i saw your light on late at night.... shredding the evidence!

cool, i wanted to post a question about the feasibility of multi house accounts and was looking for a place to pen a note to them on the issue.

so ill go there and write one up.

LordDrago

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm still waiting for answers to the questions i posted back in 2010 :/
Unfortunately, it appears that of the devs cannot make an answer public for whatver reason, you will never see an answer.
Worse yet, you will never receive any feedback whatsoever, even to let you know that your wuestion was received but the answer cannot be provided due to legal, spoiling, or even "don't want to get you hopes up and them dash them on the rocks of the cavern of the discarded" reasons.

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I only posted one question in the Ask the Dev. and it was very polite, least I tried darn hard to be all proper.
Haven't heard that they ever read it, nor any responses either. It was one question, regarding if or when will Siege 14 yr. vets get a vet reward pick, since the shield shard, nor any substitute, no 14 yr. vet pick has been offered to/for us, at all yet. :(
*is sad* like some of the other posters said above, when so much time goes by, and ya do not hear from them regarding a question, ya just give up or do not want to bother them, so ya do not post again ever, in the ask the dev. forum. :(

Raptor85

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Unfortunately, it appears that of the devs cannot make an answer public for whatver reason, you will never see an answer.
Worse yet, you will never receive any feedback whatsoever, even to let you know that your wuestion was received but the answer cannot be provided due to legal, spoiling, or even "don't want to get you hopes up and them dash them on the rocks of the cavern of the discarded" reasons.
I don't remember the exact wording, but the basis of the question was pretty much if there could ever be a way to remove faction dyes or at least a tag added to faction items as normal dyes can be used over faction dyes making a normal "looking" item that's unusable by normal players....a nasty surprise when you pay full price for one off of a vendor. (often not the vendors fault, as if they are faction there's no way for them to know it's a faction item either)

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Times are a changin' tho... :D

I see where Grimm has answered 2 of the questions in the last few minutes. *looks for thumbs up smiley and gets frustrated it ain't around*

Way to go Grimm! Thanks for the answers.

TheGrimmOmen

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I only posted one question in the Ask the Dev. and it was very polite, least I tried darn hard to be all proper.
Haven't heard that they ever read it, nor any responses either. It was one question, regarding if or when will Siege 14 yr. vets get a vet reward pick, since the shield shard, nor any substitute, no 14 yr. vet pick has been offered to/for us, at all yet. :(
*is sad* like some of the other posters said above, when so much time goes by, and ya do not hear from them regarding a question, ya just give up or do not want to bother them, so ya do not post again ever, in the ask the dev. forum. :(

BTW, saw that post. I don't know the answer to that. I'll see if I can dig anything up.

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh thank you. Aye I thought of you even when wondering IF Siege's 14 yr. vets will even GET a 14 yr. vet pick reward, like ok if we can not get the Siege Shard even as deco only, I thought of you, thinking well a Siege shard rug even would be spiffy ! :) And I bet YOU could easily design it. :) And maybe like the dolphin rug the 14 Siege shard rug could pop us a free gate scroll or two a week, since ya can not use recalls on Siege. lol