• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Help!

Sinful_Candie

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just down loaded the new patch and now i get this

"Failed to open 'map0LegacyMUL.uop' from HD using a maximum install. Either this file is not readable, your system needs to be rebooted, or the firel does not exist and you either need to reinstall or switch to a non-maximum install."

I can log on to 3d with out a problem but 2d I can't!

Now I was just on Uo and it was fine. I already rebooted! still not working. Can anyone help?? Thank you all for your help.

P

predator1982

Hi mate,

i got the same problem! you are not alone.
can´t start uo anymore with the new patch sems like you guys destroyed something!

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Hi mate,

i got the same problem! you are not alone.
can´t start uo anymore with the new patch sems like you guys destroyed something!
I just down loaded the new patch and now i get this

"Failed to open 'map0LegacyMUL.uop' from HD using a maximum install. Either this file is not readable, your system needs to be rebooted, or the firel does not exist and you either need to reinstall or switch to a non-maximum install."

I can log on to 3d with out a problem but 2d I can't!

Now I was just on Uo and it was fine. I already rebooted! still not working. Can anyone help?? Thank you all for your help.
I think the new file should be map0xLegacyMUL.uop and map0LegacyMUL.uop thats what mine is and it works although a little slow to load

P

predator1982

Hi storm thanks for fast anwser but what shall we do to get it work now?
i just asked some friend´s at icq and they got same problems.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Hi storm thanks for fast anwser but what shall we do to get it work now?
i just asked some friend´s at icq and they got same problems.
I dont have a for sure answer atm! have you tried checking the "perform full file check" ? I think there are more than one issue of this type going at the same time ! keep a eye on uhall there are some posts there that have helped some but not all!

Czarina

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I keep getting this window that pops up saying this :

Patch error!
The patch client was unable to retrieve the file
[base/unpacked/e517ea935f837cf7] from the patch server (0 total errors encountered). Please try the patch operation again in a short while.

any ideas on this one?

Bleak

UO Software Engineer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Patch error!
[base/unpacked/e517ea935f837cf7] from the patch server (0 total errors encountered). Please try the patch operation again in a short while.

any ideas on this one?
Did this issue happen after a fresh install? Also what region are you downloading from?

Skelf

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I can log in in 2D using a backup copy and bypassing patch. I cannot find this missing/corrupt file in the UO directories of the main copy on my C drive or the backup copy. This problem has arisen immediately after downloading the most recent patch. If it makes and difference, I am on Europa and living in London.

Can we have a fix please asap?

TandaBSK

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did you attempt to download the patch through assist or another such program? There are notes that this has been causing issues, and the new patch will go to a DOS looking window and then eventually even in classic to an enhanced client log in look but don't panic.

This was sent by a friend and worked fine
The big patch issues are with the people who paniced and canceled out, OR who opened through UO assist.

Open UO BY ITSELF, without Assist, to do the patch.

Don't get nervous by the little DOS Window, or the fact that it says there's errors in that window.

ignore it, walk away from the comp., until you get a new-looking patch screen, and it says you're all patched.

Then log in, look at it, then close it.

Then when it's time to really play, use this work around:

http://community.stratics.com/index.php?threads/workaround-using-uoassist-with-new-patcher-mechanism.263045/

Czarina

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did this issue happen after a fresh install? Also what region are you downloading from?
Im in arkansas, US. And this happened when the first time i tried patching after playing all night then getting home after work, i went to play UO and it started the patch thing then every time i try i get that message. Im on night number two, lets see if i have better luck tonight.

Czarina

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Still getting same message. im going to delete UO and try to redownload it all. if that doesnt work i dunno!

Bleak

UO Software Engineer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im in arkansas, US. And this happened when the first time i tried patching after playing all night then getting home after work, i went to play UO and it started the patch thing then every time i try i get that message. Im on night number two, lets see if i have better luck tonight.

Patch error!

any ideas on this one?
This issue occurs when you have an existing UO.exe or UO.bin open when trying to launch UO.exe.
Please check your task manager, close those tasks, and try again.

Czarina

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok so i finaly got the patches to go thru but now everytime i try to log in i get stuck on the Connecting screen after you put in your password. Then i get the Couldnt connect to UO message.

B

Beleg Megil

I have the same issue after the last patch. Classic Client. Windows XP. UO would not start with the desktop icon. It just sat there. So I stopped it through task manager and came to Stratics on March 22nd and saw the issue was starting through UOA.
Soooooo..I deleted and uninstalled everything including UOA. I did not reinstall UOA. I installed my most recent disc and patched from there. Still when I click the desktop icon, it stalls. Nothing happens. Just to be on the safe side, i left it alone after double clicking the icon for 8 hours, waiting for the program to start. Nothing. I stopped the process tree in Task Manager. I deleted the new desktop icon...again... I went through the program files and tried to start client.exe from the folder. I get the following error. Again:

"fatal:

Failed to open 'map0LegacyMUL.uop' from HD using a maximum install. Either this file is not readable, your system needs to be rebooted, or the file does not exist and you either need to reinstall or switch to a non-maximum install."

Well...I did reboot. Same thing. I am on dial-up and 28.8kbps is the top speed. That's the only option here, so don't waste time discussing that. Yes, the game has always been playable at that speed. But it does make reinstalling a week and a half long process.

So now what? Any ideas on how to get the game to work? I need a definite answer, not a stab in the dark. And no, I will not be "trying" another reinstall.

Etrigran

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Despite the last sentence please allow me my 2 cents. If you look down in this forum you will see I had 3 posts with a similar issue and no replies. After that patch I couldn't get anything to work. 2 things come to mind, yes I'm sending the link I used, could not get the 3d client to work. The 2d did and I am finally back in the game as of Tuesday this week. I deleted my ICQ and even my ITunes, not sure the ITunes were necessary, still have it now btw.
1)It needed me to install Direct X and I did could this be a factor? No clue.
2)Here is the link anyway, and at wtf give it a try. Good luck.
Ultima Online Client Downloads | Mythic Entertainment | Ultima Online