• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Banners Picture (Spoiler)

Ansatsu

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What level do you have to be to get the banner? Adored? or do you have to be higher?

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I wonder if there is any difference in the banner/cost depending on the loyalty level.

MedeaDF

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow, the banner's are definately nice!

But, please Dev's, lets correct the wrong spelling of New Magenica, pretty please? :p

Coldren

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The reward for jumping through hoops. Very pretty. I still won't jump.
This is the first of potentially more future rewards, if I have read the statements from developers correctly. Might be worth the time to jump!

Though I can relate.. I've been stuck on the second tier forever, despite numerous arrests and tons of gold given to protestors... Really need a numeric indicator...

W

Woodsman

I may have to switch my allegiance to Yew from Skara based on banners alone.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would like the Trinsic banner, but fear it's going to be impossible to get one. Way too many of the rioters spawn on rooftops or between walls. If they spawn on a roof and you try to attack them to get them off the roof, then they don't behave properly when you take them to the guard captain. They follow you through a gate okay, but then they just wander around aimlessly and pretty soon you get a message that you didn't take them to the captain in time. And if you end up killing them just to get a respawn in a better spot, you lose loyalty (went from Commended to Distrusted doing that just once.....errrrghhh). I got a GM to move one from between the walls, but I'm not sure paging for each one that is stuck like that is a very effective use of anyone's time.

Coldren

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would like the Trinsic banner, but fear it's going to be impossible to get one. Way too many of the rioters spawn on rooftops or between walls. If they spawn on a roof and you try to attack them to get them off the roof, then they don't behave properly when you take them to the guard captain. They follow you through a gate okay, but then they just wander around aimlessly and pretty soon you get a message that you didn't take them to the captain in time. And if you end up killing them just to get a respawn in a better spot, you lose loyalty (went from Commended to Distrusted doing that just once.....errrrghhh). I got a GM to move one from between the walls, but I'm not sure paging for each one that is stuck like that is a very effective use of anyone's time.
Couldn't agree more with this. I wish they'd make a pass at NPC spawning points in all major cities and get them to stop spawning on rooftops and in walls.

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So are these going to be used as town decorations as well? I mean, they would kinda look good in certain places in the towns they represent (like on the overpasses in Britain or the various mayor's manors).

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Couldn't agree more with this. I wish they'd make a pass at NPC spawning points in all major cities and get them to stop spawning on rooftops and in walls.

I Know it's extremely irritating..... but go with a sextant and when you see those that can't be reached page a GM and give them the co-ordinates... keep feeding the hungry and come back and check eventually they do move them.

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Has anyone tried placing these in a house on a character that does NOT have loyalty to the banner's associated town?

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I have a hard time seeing what´s on the Skara banner. What´s it suppose to be?

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Has anyone tried placing these in a house on a character that does NOT have loyalty to the banner's associated town?
Don't know the answer to that, but Jeff did say on Twitter a week or so ago that you could put up multiple banners in one house.

Nails Warstein

Royal Explorer & Grand Archaeologian Of Sosaria
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Alright so you have the required loyalty to acquire the banner, but how do you actually get it? Who supplies them, and do they cost anything, if so, how much? Sorry don't have time for TC to find out.

Faeryl

2011 Winter Deco Contest 1st Place
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can buy them from the Guard Captain of the respective town for 250k

Nails Warstein

Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
You can buy them from the Guard Captain of the respective town for 250k
I am adored or venerated by the city, I defend and arrest many criminals, pick up their trash, put out their fires, cloth and feed their hungry, but somehow I have to pay gold for my rewards??? I find that rather amusing.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am adored or venerated by the city, I defend and arrest many criminals, pick up their trash, put out their fires, cloth and feed their hungry, but somehow I have to pay gold for my rewards??? I find that rather amusing.
Agree. But they are always trying to find a way to get us to pay gold out of the system.

Nails Warstein

Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Look cool! Not worth a billion hours of picking up trash. Too bad.
If this will be the only gift we get, yes I totally agree, and I for one would like a poll added to this thread. Is gaining Loyalty in one city worth one of these banners? Yes or No

L

lupushor

Yew is ok, but it kinda looks like a car air freshener. I like Trinsic too. Also, Mesanna stated clearly that there would be other uses for town loyalty in the future, so this may be just a pit-stop reward on the way to nicer things. One can only hope.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards

Lorddog

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
grrrrrrr new mag is the only crappy one and THATS THE ONE I PICKED TO DO LOYALTY!!!

hahahahahaha guess i will have to move to another town. :p

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think that's a bucking bronco (horse).
been staring at it for a while now, I just don't see a horse in any position there.... Skara Brae is my hometown and I won't abandon it, but I'm disappointed after looking at all the choices..... boring white background and indistinguishable object representing the city of rangers

couple questions ~ the name is held on the banner when placed? can they be dyed?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
So what's up with only being able to get one????? I guess I'm weird but I like sets... Personally I like to have at least 2 of things to keep things..... um symmetrical.... It's like decoing half a house. Having one banner puts things off kilter.

N

nynyve

This is the first of potentially more future rewards, if I have read the statements from developers correctly. Might be worth the time to jump!

Though I can relate.. I've been stuck on the second tier forever, despite numerous arrests and tons of gold given to protestors... Really need a numeric indicator...
I stopped jumping through the hoops the Devs put up after the orc invasion 10 years ago.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So what's up with only being able to get one????? I guess I'm weird but I like sets... Personally I like to have at least 2 of things to keep things..... um symmetrical.... It's like decoing half a house. Having one banner puts things off kilter.
Jeff said on Twitter last week that you can multiple banners in one house.

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jeff said on Twitter last week that you can multiple banners in one house.
still you can get only 1 banner per character :/
*sighs*

This seriously needs to be changed. I'm not grinding 9 characters to get ONE banner each. I have three houses in Yew, I'm NOT grinding loyalty in Yew on two more chars just so I can have banners at each house. I can aford 9 (or more) x 250k gold, but I can't devote the obscene amount of time the Devs seem to want.

Remove this poorly conceived restriction.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*sighs*

This seriously needs to be changed. I'm not grinding 9 characters to get ONE banner each. I have three houses in Yew, I'm NOT grinding loyalty in Yew on two more chars just so I can have banners at each house.

Remove this poorly conceived restriction.
maybe getting to venerated will unlock an extra banner? at adored after buy the first one the captain says that is busy, and after 24 hours still busy...

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Sorry to not go along with the flow here... but I like the Banners as they are. They should be difficult to get. Allowing a char with loyalty to a town to buy more than one will only decrease the meaning behind them. When people see the banner of the town(s) you do have, they should think that you cared enough about that town to grind for hours and hours to be able to obtain it. They should not just sit back and think, well they worked a grind for one town and purchased 9 banners and traded 8 of them for other city's.

Some things should demonstrate loyalty. Just my opinon tho.....

*edit*

Nice thought Pinco... doubt anyone has Venerated on TC to test it tho. LOTS of grinding there for no reason lol.

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
maybe getting to venerated will unlock an extra banner?
Uhm... Then getting to Venerated needs to be way easier. Again, far too much of a time investment/waste for something that decays too fast.

Removing the restriction isn't going to hurt the game, the economy, or anyone's feelings.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
been staring at it for a while now, I just don't see a horse in any position there.... Skara Brae is my hometown and I won't abandon it, but I'm disappointed after looking at all the choices..... boring white background and indistinguishable object representing the city of rangers

couple questions ~ the name is held on the banner when placed? can they be dyed?
After Cogniac said a horse I figure a horse along these lines:

Not sure what the yellow thing by its head is though...

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Cogniac

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had a suspicion that they were doing this to set up some sort of permanent system to tie the virtues to their corresponding towns, but I just now realized that Vesper is also included. So now I have no idea what the long-term plan is.