• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Mining UOAssist Macro

P

Papadom

Does anyone have any suggestions on creating a macro for help with mining?

I'm at 35 skill lvl and looking for an easier way to train than repetitively clicking on my shovel or hitting the last object button.

Any smelting macros or advice would also be appreciated.

TY

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
If you can use Kingdom Reborn, they have a "target by resource" macro.

You can set it to dig any number of times, and will hit EVERY legal mining square within reach.

Some people set up a target by resource KR macro for 10 tools, then have it go through every tool 4 times, to get 40 digs (more than that in a trammel ruleset facet and you'll get overloaded). You'd only use 5 tools that way in Fel.

The best way to train is to fill your character with ore, then split off 1 ore at a time, and smelt it.

Skill gains while digging are based on pure skill (skill = chance to get an ore from the dig)

Skill gains from SMELTING ORE are DIFFICULTY based, meaning you can gain smelting any ore you aren't 100% to smelt.

Iron ore: Cain gain smelting Iron ore up to 75 skill
Colored ore starts at 50% chance to smelt...
Dull copper ore: Can gain smelting until 90 skill
Shadow ore: Can gain smelting up to 95
Copper ore: can gain smelting up to GM
Bronze and higher metals can give gains up to GM real skill, even when wearing mining gloves.

However, typically gains get so slow that smelting ore for gains should not be done with these metals when you get 5 points of that maximum level for the ore in question (I.E., it's better to save time and smelt piles of metal instead of trying to eke out gains, when it reaches 90% success). Below that, smelt the ore one at a time - you'll get more gains that way, than in the same time spent mining, up to about 65 skill, smelting iron, and over 80 skill when dealing with colored metals.

Use this site to calculate your chance of success smelting.

http://uo.stratics.com/content/skills/mining.php

P

Papadom

TY for the info

I'm using ML as my current UO expansion. I'm not sure if this allows me to use the KR macro. I don't see the macro listed.

Is KR the 3d version?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Kingdom reborn is the replacement for the 3D client (it's not a expansion on its own), and has a lot more interesting integral macro system - as well as the ability to set tools to make "x" number of items and stop, or make until it runs out of room or materials.

It's a huge download, with a LOT of patches (including another 700 MB patch that comes in next week)

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually I am usually go mining with an 'last object + last taregt'-macro. That way I need to press only one key per dig. But I use it in combination with an 'last object'-macro to find/target my next mining spot. (To speak truth ... I am using very similar uo-assist-macros for that but basicly its the same.)

P

Papadom

I just downloaded and install KR. How do I make KR work with uoassist?

To start the game use to click on uoassist and it would load the game...now when I click UO Assist it loads the 2d version.

How do I switch between the 3d version and the 2d version?

S

Sharantyr

Hi

For 2d.
Get your UOassist window on top....select the macro tab....select the macro button (number)....select record...get your UO window back up and double click your shovel/pickaxe (don't target anything)...get UOassist window back on top...click stop (just under record)

now in the small window to the right it should say 'Use Item'....right click this and change it to 'Use Item Type'

Go to the keys tab.....scroll down until you find 'play macro x' (x being the macro number you chose) ... to the right there's a button 'hot key'... click in the small window just above and press the keys you want to use for this ( I use ctrl+1)

Hope that helps.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
UOA doesn't work with KR.

It has a macro system of its own that does most of the things (And a lot of new things) that UOA would do for 2D. if you look on the Kingdom Reborn forum, there are links to web pages that tell how to set up macros for various things.

I especially like the built-in dressing macro - puts on everything at once, instead of the 1 per second and getting hung up on a missing item feature of UOA.

P

Papadom

TY for the info all!

Using the info posted above a created a great macro for mining in uoassist.

It allows you to mine in one spot as many time as you set the macro up for with the hit of one button. It also allows you to move locations and continue mining as many times as you set the macro up for with the hit of one button.

First set up a hot key for last object.

Hit record in uoassist
Click your shovel select the spot you want to mine.
Hit last object and select the spot you want to mine(repeat this line as many times as you want the macro to dig for)

In uoassit you will now see the same 2 lines repeating over and over.
Use Item
Target

by right clicking on the each line in uoassist change the repeating lines to
Use Item Type
Target Relative (Mining)

Now add a 900 pause in between Target Relative (Mining) and your next Use item type line.

It should now look like this

Use Item Type
Target Relative (Mining)
Pause 900

This macro will save you tones of time and from having a sore hand.

When your done your macro should look just like this, only adjusted for how many times you chose it to dig for

* NOTE please change your pause times to around 1200 for a more stable macro. It is mentioned later in the thread that 900 is too short of a pause.. TY
Use Item Type
Target Relative (Mining)
Pause 900

Use Item Type
Target Relative (Mining)
Pause 900

Use Item Type
Target Relative (Mining)
Pause 900

Use Item Type
Target Relative (Mining)
Pause 900

Use Item Type
Target Relative (Mining)
Pause 900

Use Item Type
Target Relative (Mining)
Pause 900

Use Item Type
Target Relative (Mining)
Pause 900

Use Item Type
Target Relative (Mining)
Pause 900

Use Item Type
Target Relative (Mining)
Pause 900

Use Item Type
Target Relative (Mining)
Pause 900

Use Item Type
Target Relative (Mining)
Pause 900

Use Item Type
Target Relative (Mining)
Pause 900

Any questions or problems just ask.

BTW TY for the info on KR....I dl'd it and LOVED the UI and the resolution, but I'm a classic guy. I hated the graphics and the backpacks, chests, bags....ex...ex. Not to mention my char looked like some kind of aging hipster who forgot to take his ensure that morning.

Also the blur I got on objects and text around me as i moved around made me sick.

P

Papadom

Another good thing about the marco posted above is that if your spot runs dry and your macro is still running all you need to do is walk around and as soon as you move over a spot with ore it will immediately start mining again...you don't have to hit one button.

S

Sharantyr

you might want to change your pauses to 1200 or more or you could get a lot of timeouts.

T

T_Amon_from_work

KR has it's own macro system that incorporates many UOA abilities. UOA is only usable if you run the 2D client and not KR. I have the following for my miner in UOA:

Macro #1: "Dig once"
1 - enter the title of the macro
2 - Hit "Record"
3 - Double-click the tool (shovel, pickaxe)
4 - hit target area
5 - Click "Stop"
... In the macro window ...
6 - Click the "target" line
7 - Click the "Delete line" button to the left
8 - Right-click "Use item", select "Use item type"

Macro #2: "Dig 5"
1 - enter the title of the macro
2 - Hit "Record"
3 - Double-click the tool (shovel, pickaxe)
4 - hit target area
... repeat steps 3 & 4 four more times
5 - Speak something like "Done!" that will act as a visual cue to press the macro key again
6 - Click "Stop"
... In the macro window ...
7 - Right-click each "target" line in turn and change to "Target last target"
8 - Right-click each "Use item" line in turn and select "Use item type"
9 - Click each "Target last target" line, click "Pause after" (to the left), set value to 1100, press ENTER

That should do it for digging the vein 5 times in one macro ... feel free to make it 10 times. I find 5 is good enough. My miner has several macros he uses ...
1. a dig-once
2. use prospectors tool - use "item type" and "target last target" macro lines
3. dig 5 times
4. GUARDS! in case something **big** attacks
5. Smelt large ores ... uses a fire beetle as the forge

What I do and don't do:
I don't use gargoyle pickaxes ... this guy is totally defenseless if he pulled an ele up. <shrug>

I travel with the fire beetle and 1 packhorse. I dig a vein once. If it is Iron or Dull Copper I use the prospector tool, then dig 5 times. If the first dig is Shadow Iron or higher, I just go right to digging up more ore.

I watch my weight and smelt large ore on the beetle when I hit about 540-545 stone, which is slightly over the max for 125 STR. Dig more in the vein if I have not run out of ore.

When I have several medium or small ore stacks that I can smelt, I do that before going to the next vein to start over. Dump all ingots into the packhorse.

Hope this helps you some.

T

T_Amon_from_work

see my note below ... but I never had good luck with the relative targeting of UOA - I just use target last target. <shrug> And definitely increase the timing. I have found that 1100 - 1150 is about right for my connection.

If you have A Logitech G15 gaming keyboard, you can set up the G-keys to play the UOA macro for you. With the ability to setup 54 macro executions on the keys, it's easy to flip between Paladin, Miner, Mage, Necro or whatever I need.

V

velg

I am using uo 2d and have a fully enabled version of uoa..when setting up this macro ..I do as has been listed above..I get the use item then target and can selcet use relative on target..then insert my pause..but when i right click on use item the feature for use item type or relative item is grayed out and i can't select it..any suggetions? the macro works great until my pick axe breaks..this way so really need ot figure out this use item type

P

Papadom

I am using uo 2d and have a fully enabled version of uoa..when setting up this macro ..I do as has been listed above..I get the use item then target and can selcet use relative on target..then insert my pause..but when i right click on use item the feature for use item type or relative item is grayed out and i can't select it..any suggetions? the macro works great until my pick axe breaks..this way so really need ot figure out this use item type
I tried to reproduce the problem you are experiencing, but I am always able to choose, "Use Item Type".

Try choosing "Use item type" first then edit your target lines and then add your pauses. Maybe it has something to do with the order you edit your macro lines. This is just a guess as I have no clue why you can select that option.

I have changed my pause times to 1100 and now have a more stable macro. TY for the education.

V

velg

ok tried to change after use item and before target still to no avail..even tried using shovel and pick ax..nope...let me go over steps i am taking see if i am doing something wrong..i hit record..selct pick axe and target mining area..stop record..go to right click on use item and jsut get new item option the use item type is greyed out..i can select target revalent and can add pause but for some reason can not do the item type thing..do i needthese in a loot bag or something?

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does anyone have any suggestions on creating a macro for help with mining?

I'm at 35 skill lvl and looking for an easier way to train than repetitively clicking on my shovel or hitting the last object button.

Any smelting macros or advice would also be appreciated.

TY
I don't even bother using UOAssist for mining.
I set up a macro bound to a key (like F3 or F4) that looks like this:

use last object
target last

For the first dig on a vein I have to manually use my tool, then select a target. After that I just keep pressing my macro key and I automatically use my pick/shovel on the last location I targeted. I do this until I run the vein dry then move on and repeat the process.

As for smelting, well I do all that manually.

P

Papadom

ok tried to change after use item and before target still to no avail..even tried using shovel and pick ax..nope...let me go over steps i am taking see if i am doing something wrong..i hit record..selct pick axe and target mining area..stop record..go to right click on use item and jsut get new item option the use item type is greyed out..i can select target revalent and can add pause but for some reason can not do the item type thing..do i needthese in a loot bag or something?
I have no idea why you're not getting, "use item type". No special container is necessary.

The steps you're taking are the same steps I take.

I would send the an email to uoassist support. The email addy can be found on their website.

Maybe you could try reinstall uoassist.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Count your resources (default key is Num Lock), that should solve your problem.

P

Papadom

Count your resources (default key is Num Lock), that should solve your problem.
Great Idea!

So you're saying the reason they cant choose, "Use Item Type" is because uoasssit doesn't detect other shovels...?

P

Papadom

I don't even bother using UOAssist for mining.
I set up a macro bound to a key (like F3 or F4) that looks like this:

use last object
target last

For the first dig on a vein I have to manually use my tool, then select a target. After that I just keep pressing my macro key and I automatically use my pick/shovel on the last location I targeted. I do this until I run the vein dry then move on and repeat the process.

As for smelting, well I do all that manually.
Try this macro out bud...it really makes mining easier. Now I can light a smoke, take a drink, or go get a drink while I mine, rather than having to be at my PC hitting every stroke. It gives me time to relax.

I saw someone with an unattended macro today. He had some macro that recalled to different locations, mined, and then probably went to a drop spot before recalling to a new location.

V

velg

thank you so much coutned resource sand boom got macro in..thanks again was driving me nuts

T

T_Amon_from_work

Yup - and if one watches REALL careful upion login, UOA advises "it is advisable to count resources". You'd be surprised what that can do for you.

<begin shameless plug>
Note: Players Corner has a UOA FAQ! Go check it out ... there might be more you didn't know!
<end shameless plug>

P

Papadom

Contrary to popular belief, I cannot walk on water. However I do know where the stones are!

What is that quote from?

I love it!

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Great Idea!

So you're saying the reason they cant choose, "Use Item Type" is because uoasssit doesn't detect other shovels...?
Something like that. It's annoying as hell when that happens, but 9 times out of 10 counting resources helps. The other time it doesn't help is because I forget that I have my macro locked and it won't allow me to edit it.