I've Had All I Can Stand, And Me Can't Stands NO MORE

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Jirel of Joiry

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 2, 2004
So said Popeye. That sums up how I feel too!
First Lady Damia got whacked with the BBBS(Big Bad Ban Stick) simply for WARNING her guild against duping and bad websites.

Next came JC the Builder, for what having UOGuide website in his avatar profile, puleeze! I'm glad for UOGuide cause Stratics hasn't been updated since the Age of Sheesh err Shadows expansion. Okay, okay I might be exaggerating there, but Stratics guys ya'll need a update. No disrespect intended.

NOW WRR radio!?!?! Vanna Mana and Norman Bates busted and in UO jail!?!? OH THE INSANITY! This has gone too far!

Its time we SIT DOWN AND FIGHT! I propose a Sit-In at Castle British! However I'm open to which shard should have it! Legends would be a good choice or perhaps Oceania would enjoy a bunch of visitors. I believe in Civil disobedience as NON VIOLENT means to be heard! I'd love to see how many people we can cram into Castle Brit; heck how many people can you cram on one shard! With that in mind it'll be a Sit In and Lagfest, lol!

So gentle people let me hear you! Are ya with me?

Throw down your swords, lift up your voices and be heard! DOWN WITH THE GMs, POWER TO THE PLAYERS!

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
So said Popeye. That sums up how I feel too!
First Lady Damia get whacked with the BBBS(Big Bad Ban Stick) simply for WARNING her guild against duping and bad websites.

Next came JC the Builder, for what have UOGuide website in his avatar profile, puleeze! I'm glad for UOGuide cause Stratics hasn't been updated since the Age of Sheesh err Shadows expansion. Okay, okay might be exaggerating there, but Stratics guys ya'll need a update. No disrespect intended.

NOW WRR radio!?!?! Vanna Mana and Norman bates busted and in UO jail!?!? OH THE INSANITY! This has gone too far!

Its time we SIT DOWN AND FIGHT! I propose a Sit-In at Castle British, however I'm open to which shard should have it! Legends would be a good choice or perhaps Oceania would enjoy a bunch of visitors. I believe in Civil disobedience as NON VIOLENT means to be heard! I'd love to see how many people we can cram into Castle Brit; heck how many people can you cram on one shard! With that in mind it'll be a Sit In and Lagfest, lol!

So gentle people let me hear you! Are ya with me?

Throw down your swords, lift up your voices and be heard! DOWN WITH THE GMs, POWER TO THE PLAYERS!
As far as I jave been told, it is a violation of Stratics Posting Rules to use names.

This does not apply to anyone or any game ... in particular.

A problem a Public Venue, such as a Public MMORPG has, is favoritism. At first all is great and wonderful and probably well deserved. Then it becomes Institutionalized, No not crazy, just EXPECTED.

The close it gets to that final stage the greater the problem is for the Public Venue as imagined OR real abuses weigh it down.

Favoritism in a Public Venu is nothing but a Lose / Lose proposition.

PASmountaindew

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nov 12, 2001
California
Just send me a PM with the day and shard to show up on. I have two computers and 3 accounts so I can log in 2 characters total to be at the sit in. I recomend PMs because if you post it publicly then the EA folks will get wind of the day and such and might frown upon the gatherring. Might also want to make it a RP kind of thing so there would be a valid reason oher than a sit in for being there.

PASmountaindew

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nov 12, 2001
California
As far as I jave been told, it is a violation of Stratics Posting Rules to use names.

This does not apply to anyone or any game ... in particular.

A problem a Public Venue, such as a Public MMORPG has, is favoritism. At first all is great and wonderful and probably well deserved. Then it becomes Institutionalized, No not crazy, just EXPECTED.

The close it gets to that final stage the greater the problem is for the Public Venue as imagined OR real abuses weigh it down.

Favoritism in a Public Venu is nothing but a Lose / Lose proposition.
I believe you are thinking of these two RoCs

F. Participant shall not post messages containing personal phone numbers or addresses.

C. Personal attacks are prohibited.This specifically means any text/post that is blatantly attacking another person on or off the forum, especially in a personal way.
The Original Poster did not violate those because they did not attack either of the people named and did not mention those people's contact info at all.

Jirel of Joiry

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 2, 2004
EnigmaMaitreya- That applies to GMs. Can't mention a GM by name, uh-uh, nope.
Players talk about players by their player names in UHall all the time.

What I CAN NOT do is post someone's real life name. That is a mosterous no-no.
I could sit here and list all 28 of my UO characters and I'm not breaking a single rule. I'd probably bore you silly though.

Arch Magus- You know, a Sit-In: like they had in the 60s.

PASmountaindew

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nov 12, 2001
California
Got to realize that probably atleast half the people that play UO are not old enough to know what happened in the 60's. lol :)

Kariny

UO Lake Superior News Reporter
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apr 7, 2004
Lake Superior, MO
Oh, I remember a few times LS protested and brought a server down.

My favorite time was the running of the Sams though. :danceb:

Jirel of Joiry

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 2, 2004
PASMountaindew-Good point I wasn't around in the 60s but I know about them. I was born in the Early 70s. Most the kids probably think hippies are hip-hugger jeans lol!

Hey just remember this: "We didn't hit the UO Ban Stick, the UO Ban Stick hit us!"

Jirel of Joiry

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 2, 2004
Does anyone besides me remember the Barton Invasion and the Million Crafter March?

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
EnigmaMaitreya- That applies to GMs. Can't mention a GM by name, uh-uh, nope.
Players talk about players by their player names in UHall all the time.

What I CAN NOT do is post someone's real life name. That is a mosterous no-no.
I could sit here and list all 28 of my UO characters and I'm not breaking a single rule. I'd probably bore you silly though.

No, I have it right and you can see the seeds of it in the moderators ... reply not to far above this.

I had considered replying to that but chose not to as any way you cut it, it had a probability of being judged to be questioning the "Umpires Call" which of course is a Lose / Lose proposition.

The key to the quote the moderator made was ... welll just consider, is Blatant a hard and fast constant in the Universe or is it a Judgment call. Is Personal Attack a Hard and Fast Constant in the Universe or is it a Judgment call.

Institutionalized Favoritism, simply never works and is always a Lose / Lose proposition.

I would add that SoE always considered a player driven event designed (or known) to crash the Server as a Perma Ban Offense.

I mean you no disrespect, nor do I challenge you in any way. And I most certainly have NO interest in derailing your thread. My reply was never intended to.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Got to realize that probably atleast half the people that play UO are not old enough to know what happened in the 60's. lol :)
And of those that do, how much was absorbed through Biased Media Input? And of course that is all that remains now, in regards to the 60's/70's.

One can sum it all up by simply understanding the Evolution of Abby H. No great amount of reading is required, simply look at the first page and then the last page. (No there is no book as far as I know, just google it and I am sure you can see the beginning and the ending of the Evolution).

How many could really know the difference between Flower Children, Hippies, Yippies and the Weathermen?

A

Amathist of PoC

So now EA have come down on Vanna Mana and cast from WRR yet they advertise them in the FoF?????

And in the last FoF it was said:-

"Why did I get a suspension for having a link to a website in my profile?"

First, the relevent bit from the Rules of Conduct:http://support.ea.com/cgi-bin/ea.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=347

"With the exception of the sale of in-game items for in-game items or services, you may not market, promote or advertise anything, or make any other form of solicitation (including pyramid schemes and chain letters) through the Ultima Online service or Ultima Online web site."

This isn’t a blanket ban on links - links to guild websites may be just fine, for example - but most sites advertise, promote, or market something - even if it’s just running banner ads. Your safest bet is to avoid bringing the outside world into UO - if you have a website that’s UO-related (and not entirely about making someone a profit) - by all means submit it for inclusion in the fansite section of the FoF! (Remember, email jdalberg AT ea DOT com, and I'm happy to take guild recruitment ads and stuff too. Just make sure you proofread your copy, because I will only give it a quick once-over when I post it!)
So What TOS did Vanna Mana and crew suposidly break - given there site is advertised in the FoF you would there for assume it was checked over and suitable to say in game so you would think there banning would have to be for something else?

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Britain Felucca West Crossroads
www.uoguide.com
Since someone brought it up, I will mention that I finally got a reply to my GM review 7 days after sending it. The gist is they thanked me for sending in feedback and didn't respond at all to what I had written. It was basically a canned message. I am going to send in asking for clarification on my original message.

Jirel of Joiry

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 2, 2004
Well it was during UO Deal or No Deal, they were telling people to tune in at their website. Then BLAM! As soon as they said the website Vanna Mana and Norman Bates were in UO jail. NO TRIAL! NO DEFENSE! GM Butthead is judge, jury and executioner. he wouldn't even talk to Vanna or Norman. Ooo Big crime...NOT!

Yet the BIGGEST cheater, duper, scripter and greifer on Legends is STILL going strong after being paged on by numerous players SINCE 2005!!!

*PLEASE note: GM Butthead is NOT the name of any EAMythic customer (NO) service personnel. Although it probably should be ;)*

A

Amathist of PoC

I want to know how they got mentioned in the FOF if the site had banners it was not suposed to have??? CONSISTANCEY PEOPLE.

o2bavr6

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 13, 2008
Sarasota, FL
You fail to understand that if they dont focus on that stuff, then they will actually have to focus on game issues.

And we all know that will never happen because to fix game issues requires skill, which is something the people in charge at EA/Mythic lack.

So instead they focus on useless things.

But hey at least we can be happy for the valentine cards and bacon and stuff like that. Those are very important :coco:

A

Anjeel

lol, the game I loved for many years just seems to be getting worse and worse and worse........

a real pity as it was once the greatest game on the market. I could see myself getting banned in the same right as I used to be a DJ on UO Radio. The Fallen Lords hour

Plucky Duck

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jan 29, 2002
in youre moms closet
(Next came JC the Builder, for what have UOGuide website in his avatar profile)

I thought he had that site where you can (search) any Luna vendor for any item.

That one is ran and only operated because of a script so I can see why he got banned for it.

Jirel of Joiry

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 2, 2004
Its Time for you to sit down and WUUU--SAAAW:coco:
Uhhh, what? Dude I think you've dropped enough acid for one night. Here be a good boy look at the pretty lava lamp. That's it, watch the pretty, pretty lava lamp.

Okay that should keep occupied for the rest of the night! :D

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 11, 2008
So What TOS did Vanna Mana and crew suposidly break - given there site is advertised in the FoF you would there for assume it was checked over and suitable to say in game so you would think there banning would have to be for something else?
They Had Multiple Banner ads for gold sellers and such running on the home site of wwr.

In the fof its says your better off not bringing the outside in to the game. Seems so.

A

Amathist of PoC

Well it was during UO Deal or No Deal, they were telling people to tune in at their website. Then BLAM! As soon as they said the website Vanna Mana and Norman Bates were in UO jail. NO TRIAL! NO DEFENSE! GM Butthead is judge, jury and executioner. he wouldn't even talk to Vanna or Norman. Ooo Big crime...NOT!

Yet the BIGGEST cheater, duper, scripter and greifer on Legends is STILL going strong after being paged on by numerous players SINCE 2005!!!

*PLEASE note: GM Butthead is NOT the name of any EAMythic customer (NO) service personnel. Although it probably should be ;)*
I totally get they where supposedly banned because the site they gave a url that had banners it should not of had......my issue is that the same site they gave out was just advertised in the FOF infact the same FOF that explained to us why people where being banned for urls and what was and was not acceptable.

CONSISTENCY and some I believe some focus is needed they seem hell bent on these urls but as others have said scripters are still around. People who carry on with verbal harassment are still around and duped items are still around...are these not bigger issues???

Jirel of Joiry

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 2, 2004
(Next came JC the Builder, for what have UOGuide website in his avatar profile)

I thought he had that site where you can (search) any Luna vendor for any item.

That one is ran and only operated because of a script so I can see why he got banned for it.

I thought it was for his site. Okay I will take your word for it because it is a rare day when the "Duckman":scholar: is wrong. :bowdown::bowdown:

A

Amathist of PoC

They Had Multiple Banner ads for gold sellers and such running on the home site of wwr.

In the fof its says your better off not bringing the outside in to the game. Seems so.
Yes I actually contacted DJ Sandman to find out what was going on, my post was because I did not know WHY they were banned..now I do and agree it broke the TOS but again why was it in the FOF. And are there not bigger things to focus on.

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 11, 2008
Yes I actually contacted DJ Sandman to find out what was going on, my post was because I did not know WHY they were banned..now I do and agree it broke the TOS but again why was it in the FOF. And are there not bigger things to focus on.
I dont think many know why. Im sure in due time we will get better info. I can guess...EA wants their game back.

A

Amathist of PoC

I dont think many know why. Im sure in due time we will get better info. I can guess...EA wants their game back.
Well I have been told from a couple of people now the reason they where banned was for saying wrr.com in game and the site broke the TOS because of the banners and walla they got banned.

I get that and agree well they where wrong to have the banners. BUT I am calling for consistency in the same FOF where they told us what was and was not aloud with URLS...they advertised WRR and deal or no deal and gave a link to the website??

You know monkey see, monkey do. So if they deem it acceptable to advertise then we would likely assume it is ok for us to mention...wouldn't we?

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 11, 2008
You know monkey see, monkey do. So if they deem it acceptable to advertise then we would likely assume it is ok for us to mention...wouldn't we?
Personally I would not think its acceptable. I was warned along time ago it was in my best interest to be in the know of the game rules. monkey jump off bridge....

So the team has advertised in game events, so its Ok to advertise in game even when they clearly told them in the same fof not to do it in game?
That sounds like you are saying EA should play favorites.

A

Amathist of PoC

It lives and Mechanic if you both resort to "I know you are I said you are" I am out of here ...lol

Its a forum each entitled to his or her or there own opinion.

A

Anjeel

I wonder if they are going to bring some stuff up at the townhall after this fiasco lol

A

Amathist of PoC

Personally I would not think its acceptable. I was warned along time ago it was in my best interest to be in the know of the game rules. monkey jump off bridge....

So the team has advertised in game events, so its Ok to advertise in game even when they clearly told them in the same fof not to do it in game?
That sounds like you are saying EA should play favorites.
Nope not favorites but at least abide by there own rules or TOS, set the example so to speak.

I have already said WRR were in the wrong because of the banners but I also believe EA are in the wrong because of the FoF advertising of a site that is breaking the tos.

and in saying all that I have been along time supporter of WRR and have helped them with events on Oceania and think of them all as lovely people. But I can still admit they were wrong in this case. But I also know they have fixed the issue now the banners have been removed. I am just saying that I think it is almost hypocritical of EA to give them bans for the mention of the url that they themselves advertised to countless numbers of players not just a room full during an event.

I wonder if they are going to bring some stuff up at the townhall after this fiasco lol
I believe WRR are going to be at the townhall and plan to interview on the subject but I am not 100% on that. But I do know they are going to be in attendance.

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 11, 2008
I also believe EA are in the wrong because of the FoF advertising of a site that is breaking the tos.
Posted, and advertised outside of the game.

I see the rules being enforced in the game that is a good thing.
The manner in which they are being enforced is questionable, Sure.

A

AesSedai

Whoah, did you just pin the tail on the issue, It Lives?
Bravo.
I also believe EA are in the wrong because of the FoF advertising of a site that is breaking the tos.
Posted, and advertised outside of the game.

I see the rules being enforced in- the game that is a good thing.
The manner in which they are being enforced is questionable [but then, isn't everything?], Sure.
- Sure, I changed your post a wee little bit.

But this is what I've been consider-at-ing all-along (and some have seemed incensed at me for trying to make this precise distinction).
Unless a community representative pops up to clarify, it has been left up to us (or at least to me) to presume that
in-game rules
are not the same as
uo.com announcements...

P

peanutbutter

Mills would say that no limitation of freedom is valid unless it is intended to reduce or avoid some valid harm. i would add that, if it is valid at all, it is only valid if it accomplishes the avoidance of said harm... this limitation does not.

does a ticker that advertises gold harm anybody? maybe... maybe not. but it certainly doesn't hurt anybody any WORSE if it is mentioned in game than it does on an EA sanctioned advertisement.

does that change the fact that it is written in the laws when the laws are broken? (heh... interesting... "the laws are broken"... more than 1 way to read that). no, it doesn't change that fact...

in my state, the law states clearly that i can beat my wife on saturday with a small stick, but not in the face. and a friend of mine lives in a state where he is not allowed to have an ugly horse in the city limits.

rules like this are important, you know. we must avoid all harm - hitting someone in the face with a stick hurts! that's why it's okay to hit them in OTHER PLACES!!! (are you following me? are you picking up on the logic link here?)

... i mean, like... what would happen if all the UO people visited (and were encouraged to visit) a site that advertized OTHER games in a banner at the top of the screen?

or, what kind of violence would erupt if there were emoticons that had hand-guns?

or... or... what if people started using voice chat programs and instant messengers to communicate and share evil secret advertisements instead of typing in game?!?!?

just the thought of the mass hysteria that has been avoided thanks to the itchy trigger finger of the unnamed GM makes me all gooey on the inside.

thank you, Mr. itchy-finger-unnamed-game-master... this buds for you.

T

Teeshy

(...)
Unless a community representative pops up to clarify, it has been left up to us (or at least to me) to presume that
in-game rules
are not the same as
uo.com announcements...
*nods lots* That's exactly how I've seen it too. There's no hypocrisy there, two different places, two different sets of rules =)

A

Amathist of PoC

Mills would say that no limitation of freedom is valid unless it is intended to reduce or avoid some valid harm. i would add that, if it is valid at all, it is only valid if it accomplishes the avoidance of said harm... this limitation does not.

does a ticker that advertises gold harm anybody? maybe... maybe not. but it certainly doesn't hurt anybody any WORSE if it is mentioned in game than it does on an EA sanctioned advertisement.

does that change the fact that it is written in the laws when the laws are broken? (heh... interesting... "the laws are broken"... more than 1 way to read that). no, it doesn't change that fact...

in my state, the law states clearly that i can beat my wife on saturday with a small stick, but not in the face. and a friend of mine lives in a state where he is not allowed to have an ugly horse in the city limits.

rules like this are important, you know. we must avoid all harm - hitting someone in the face with a stick hurts! that's why it's okay to hit them in OTHER PLACES!!! (are you following me? are you picking up on the logic link here?)

... i mean, like... what would happen if all the UO people visited (and were encouraged to visit) a site that advertized OTHER games in a banner at the top of the screen?

or, what kind of violence would erupt if there were emoticons that had hand-guns?

or... or... what if people started using voice chat programs and instant messengers to communicate and share evil secret advertisements instead of typing in game?!?!?

just the thought of the mass hysteria that has been avoided thanks to the itchy trigger finger of the unnamed GM makes me all gooey on the inside.

thank you, Mr. itchy-finger-unnamed-game-master... this buds for you.
Sorry peanutbutter I think I just had an alergic recation to you.....WHAT???, I tried to read that more then once and it could be my over tired strep throat ridden mind not being able to process to clearly but WHAH?????

F

Farscape

Well EA has to start somewhere to clean up there mess only problem with it is that started from the ass instead of the head :scholar:
Me feels this is a tip of an iceberg currently:)

A

AesSedai

*nods lots* That's exactly how I've seen it too. There's no hypocrisy there, two different places, two different sets of rules =)
- Aye, I thank you (I needed it too :) personally, it's been a quite brutal evening... but I digress). Ah, and very well said, Teeshy.

Lucy of Kenton

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 16, 2008
I'm stunned as the way ea are acting at the moment. seeming random bans, banning of people who are simply enhancing the UO experience. im now wondering if zofinur was banned simply for running the auction site.

As for the lava lamp comment, i once had lava lamp as a nickname and the reason why? pretty but not very bright!
:coco:

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 26, 2008
People need to be careful about jumping to conclusions based on stories they hear second hand.