• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Why does music start playing when I open up certain threads on this site?

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Never happened to me. Maybe some certain ad or banner, which plays music?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'll tell you why ........ annoying ads that get past blockers... I try not to block sites like Stratics so they can make money but those LOUD ads that play and you can't stop them are EXTREMELY annoying. Makes me put adblock back on.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
If they are then they are tailored to target females which is um..... sick.

I get those too... and not too happy about it.

Especially the one about older women but that's more often on my laptop... which seems to get more of the sick stuff...

But there is often a ninja ad that is LOUD.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I get some sort of background advertisement that plays audio. The audio symbol shows on on my Edge explorer so I know which one it is, but when I switch to that tab, I don't see the ad that's playing, I just hear it. Very annoying; I hate auto-playing ads which is why ad blockers were invented.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
:facepalm: those ads I assume are tailored...
They are! LOL Adchoice ads are tailored. You will not get ads like that unless you've visited similar sites. But who doesn't? RIIIIGHT?

I use Chrome with Adblocker. I'd love to help Stratics and turn it off, but the way ads work these days is they use a third party that doesn't entirely monitor their ads so some do contain virus. Wowhead is really bad with it.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
UHall has shown me the light. I have now changed my ways.

upload_2017-5-18_18-12-1.png

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If they are then they are tailored to target females which is um..... sick.

I get those too... and not too happy about it.

Especially the one about older women but that's more often on my laptop... which seems to get more of the sick stuff...

But there is often a ninja ad that is LOUD.

Ok I read your post and changed back... :love:

upload_2017-5-18_18-14-18.png

Is this the site you are on? :heart:

JK

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
That's the one that comes up on my laptop all the time... creepy and disturbing.

I don't even visit any "match" sites... so not sure where that comes from... just makes me wonder if the computer wants me to find a life outside of the computer or what?

But if it wanted that it should be looking for men not women... perhaps I have gender confused it since I play more Male characters than Female ones... but whatever. I like my single life and I'm not about to ruin it by getting hitched. He'd have to be so spectacular and rich that I doubt such a male exists and even more so I highly doubt they would be at all interested in an ole lady like myself.

At any rate I don't get any ads on my home PC since I keep the adblock on as I got sick of the loud stealth ninja ads blasting my ears and threatening to wake up the whole house. So until that crap ends I'll keep blocking all ads on every webpage.