• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS May's UO Newsletter

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I commend the devs on how they handled, addressed, deleted and the warning about buying illegal items which will be deleted.
if the devs make so any item that is not supposed to be game will get deleted on site, most people will not buy, will check out first and have not have much of an excuse for buying. will report it too. if u allow some items and not others, some people will make a lot of gold/money while other people will get burned. just my opinions

Last edited:

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No need for a raffle, i'll take both houses. Keeps some coding time off your hands

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Thank you for addressing each of the things related to the recent drama Mesanna, the communication is greatly appreciated and I hope the development team will continue to keep the community updated when major things like this happen in the future.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I just thought of something...

Is it only the new glacial stuff getting deleted, or all the glacial in the whole game?

The glacial pants, bandana, pickaxe, skinning knife etc. have been around for years and were declared legal to own after the doggy dupe situation was resolved. Will all those go poof too?

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What a ****ing joke on the answer about commas. It already has commas but half-assed.

aHolyCow

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
It's strange to me how some items can be deleted retroactively after honest players buy them.

It makes me feel like it's UO's fault for letting the items remain in game for more than a few hours. If you made the mistake of letting the items be on the server for weeks, isn't unfair to honest players who were just buying and selling these items not knowing they were illegal?

For the record I don't deal with any of these items so I have no stake in the matter, just curious.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Can someone please give a short summary of what this is about? Must have missed all the gossip and the newsletter seems only to give answers to those knowing what it is about :/

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Can someone please give a short summary of what this is about? Must have missed all the gossip and the newsletter seems only to give answers to those knowing what it is about :/
Here is a link to the Stratics thread that explains it all: [Discussion] - Clops Under Investigation

Long story short, a UO staff member abused their powers, made themselves and their friends rare items, got caught doing it by Mesanna, all their accounts are perma banned, and they have been fired. All of the person's 1,000+ rares have been deleted as well.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just thought of something...

Is it only the new glacial stuff getting deleted, or all the glacial in the whole game?

The glacial pants, bandana, pickaxe, skinning knife etc. have been around for years and were declared legal to own after the doggy dupe situation was resolved. Will all those go poof too?
Wondered that too. I assumed those had different IDs since they just simulated the originals.

AtlanticRealtor

ICQ 647752375
Stratics Veteran
That is exactly what we hoping!
They can check the ID's of the ALL Items made in the game!

There is 2 types of Glacial now in the game, The ones that came from the original "Glacial Cloth" which is the one that me and few others were selling and there is the "NEW" one that recently got into the market, made with an Illegal EM Dye Tub, 2 different HUE and it can be confirmed!

Mrsbug

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
it's always been said that the EM's were abusing the system ....sad...this just proved it.

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There is 2 types of Glacial now in the game, The ones that came from the original "Glacial Cloth" which is the one that me and few others were selling and there is the "NEW" one that recently got into the market, made with an Illegal EM Dye Tub, 2 different HUE and it can be confirmed!
How would you even possibly know this?

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As far as the ownership of glacial and/or void items, all glacial and void clothing items will be deleted.

The Slug

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
it's always been said that the EM's were abusing the system ....sad...this just proved it.

It's certainly been rumored for a long time, But I really think its never been more than one (or maybe a few) bad apples. What's ironic is a game that was originally based on the "virtues" has really only one major one left : Greed

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It is see-through, so it basically just looks like a vague black outline and some shading.
That's ethereal clothing actually.

Void is a very dark black with silver specks in it.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So the Grizzled mare gets some love........only my poor innocent little Albino Squirrels left to feel the love?!

grimiz

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I love that there are "executioner axes" on the auction safes at his luna house now. They may have been there before, but I got a kick out of it.

Please don't take that statement as me staking the guy up - people make mistakes. Learn from it and move on the best you can.

If you think this is a big deal, just imagine what sort of corruption is going on in your local government, police force, school board, etc... power corrupts, and it always will.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wondered that too. I assumed those had different IDs since they just simulated the originals.
It's been confirmed. Glacial pants and bandanas are also getting deleted.

Every vendor in Atlantic Luna that was wearing glacial pants (10+) are now wearing basic gray pants, which I guess the glacial ones turned into.

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What? She lets glacial everything exist for years now jumps on it as illegal? Why now? One cheater out of how many was unearthed? Cannot catch the rest?

I do not own any glacial anything either. Oh wait those snow pile things, oopsies.

I politely request that she deem script plot placers and script looters as illegal also.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What? She lets glacial everything exist for years now jumps on it as illegal? Why now? One cheater out of how many was unearthed? Cannot catch the rest?

I do not own any glacial anything either. Oh wait those snow pile things, oopsies.

I politely request that she deem script plot placers and script looters as illegal also.
I am assuming that they have some nifty new tools at their disposal to try out and test. This makes me happy if true.

Dixie chessy/legends

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
i just read the newsletter in my email......i leave yall alone for 3 or 4 months and all hell breaks loose lol....... i think im missing out on some good gossip!

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Good... One less Dread Lord.
Lol I have been waiting for that statement to show up

*salutes with a big old glass of good old moonglow red*

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hereby formally petition to save the Navery hole. This will go as high as change.org if needed.

There is a fel castle owned by Clops that is not under investigation. Same character? She found it lol.

Last edited:

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh yeah, definitely. That glacial cloth was selling for 500m+ per piece of cloth. I personally know a few people who spent many platinums on it, and they will not be pleased at all.
Hey Captn, can you possibly add a very very very tiny violin smiley into the current collection? perhaps the size of the small bag of popcorn? That would be greeeeeat. Thanks.

I wish the rest involved got their come up ins out of all this, however it seems one may just have to do.

Last edited:

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Hey Captn, can you possibly add a very very very tiny violin smiley into the current collection? perhaps the size of the small bag of popcorn? That would be greeeeeat. Thanks.

I wish the rest involved got their come up ins out of all this, but it seems one may just have to do.
We actually used to have a tiny violin emote a couple years ago. I'm not sure where it went or why it is no longer here.

Perhaps @Riyana can add one again.

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
We actually used to have a tiny violin emote a couple years ago. I'm not sure where it went or why it is no longer here.

Perhaps @Riyana can add one again.
SoonTM. ;)

I'll look into it. How bout's someone starts a thread over in the Stratics Suggestions forum with what they'd like? No promises, but I'll see what I can find.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Damn pity that all of Clop's rares are being deleted. I've heard that he owns about 1/3 of the truly unique rares (only 1 ever in existence) in all of UO. That's a massive amount of UO's history permanently lost to the void. I'd much rather see those Rares put on display on their home shards, on the top level of the Ter Mur Museum. The Vine Cord Sandals (which were a unique rare that was notoriously duped en masse) are already on display on a pedestal on the top floor of the Ter Mur Museum, with plenty more empty pedestals surrounding it.

Boo! I don't want the Phoenix's body to change. I understand why they want to do it, because it's a small graphic that's hard to drag the health bar off of, but for nostalgia's sake i want it to remain the same. I still remember my first time seeing a Phoenix, it was back in 1998 when my guild at the time (S/S) decided to hunt one. We saw it and were like "Awwww, such a cute little birdy! Let's kill it!", then shortly afterwards we were all screaming "OH GAWD! GOD! NO! IT BURNS! ARGGHH!". We even managed to FRAPs it and upload it!
Unfortunately, we didn't have the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch :(

Lol, i see they saw my question about Physical/Cold melee necro pets. Corpse Skin really messes with the damage output of the majority of Necro capable pets.

Last edited:

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was saying this for years: Stop this EM-nonsense. Neither these so-called events (of which 99% are utterly stupid and boring), nor those "rares" are worth it. Nothing against rares, but they should come from global events by the Devs...

The EM-program is a happening for scripters, multiboxers, cheaters, shardhoppers and other scum...

:p

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was saying this for years: Stop this EM-nonsense. Neither these so-called events (of which 99% are utterly stupid and boring), nor those "rares" are worth it. Nothing against rares, but they should come from global events by the Devs...

The EM-program is a happening for scripters, multiboxers, cheaters, shardhoppers and other scum...

:p
There are still a good number of us *shardhoppers* around that don't fit your description...that is unless you still consider us scum for taking up residence on your server. I enjoy a good storyline, the banter, in depth RP, the salt and vitriol, and of course the excitement of getting drops. It is honestly a good respite to activities that might otherwise drive many of us bonkers due to doing the same things over and over again (for 20 years?!!?) Without the EM program, I doubt I would have met so many wonderful people that I otherwise wouldn't have had the opportunity to play with.

Losing the EM program I imagine would feel a lot like losing a friend...:(

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are still a good number of us *shardhoppers* around that don't fit your description...that is unless you still consider us scum for taking up residence on your server. I enjoy a good storyline, the banter, in depth RP, the salt and vitriol, and of course the excitement of getting drops. It is honestly a good respite to activities that might otherwise drive many of us bonkers due to doing the same things over and over again (for 20 years?!!?) Without the EM program, I doubt I would have met so many wonderful people that I otherwise wouldn't have had the opportunity to play with.

Losing the EM program I imagine would feel a lot like losing a friend...:(
You can even paint **** in pink color and say its a lovely pillow. But as soon as you lay back on it, you will stink. EM-progam stinks. Period.