• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

It's about time we talked about Pet Naming

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Forever, we could not give spaces to names of pets, unless, there are multiple names in the name. ie: "a dragon" has 2 name slots, whereas "a greater dragon" has 3 slots.

If you delete the pet name completely, you can only have 1 name on the pet, with no spaces.

I'd like to be able to name my pets with multiple slots in the name, without needing to have the original name spaced out.

Thoughts?

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Can always log into the EC. It allows you to put spaces back in names.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
ya but im pretty sure the EC dosnt let you make the name as long as CC does.
i ran into this earlier this week.
so i loaded EC to put the spaces in i needed than logged into CC to actually put in the name.
was a pain but it worked.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I believe you are limited in the number of spaces... but yes you can put all the spaces in a name you want in the EC.

However I caution against that as when commanding pets it's much more difficult to command a pet with a name that has spaces in it.

If you say call your pet "Andrea"... and say "Andrea Kill" .... works fine...

But if you name it "Andrea of the Abyss" and you say "Andrea of the Abyss Kill" ..... doesn't always work. Of course all pets like "All Kill"..... but yeah. If you want to control more than one pet I don't suggest giving it more than one name.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Should I go into the irony of a company based in the Washington, DC metro area banning the name "Constitution" for a pet (and probably a ship) name (because of the extremely minor "profanity" of 3 letters in sequence in the middle of it)?

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Should I go into the irony of a company based in the Washington, DC metro area banning the name "Constitution" for a pet (and probably a ship) name (because of the extremely minor "profanity" of 3 letters in sequence in the middle of it)?
Or A Ship!

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

Can't name your character Emily anymore either... Thankfully I already HAVE an Emily.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yep the EM is at the start....

Like don't try to name a character Emanuel or something...