• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Animal Lore Gump CC vs EC Difference....... Why?

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
why when you animal lore a pet in EC it shows you what the cap of that skill is (or will be)
but in CC it just shows you the skill and your left to guess what the cap is.

its the same bloody animal lore gump!!!!

its just the man putting us down people!
we need to rally and go for a march or a sit in or..... or..... or

*thinks of something shiny and smiles and forgets why he was mad*

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Because CC is the red headed step child you forgot and left home while out on your around the world vacation with EC?

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I guess its because EC stands for "enhanced client" so it will have "enhanced" features?

The Pinco animal lore gump is the best one by miles. I dunno why they didn't build it into the default EC when he worked on it. Such a shame it doesn't work anymore since the latest publish.

omukai

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
All the client flames are just immature.
Some people like EC, some CC. Why not band together and ask for fixes and enhancements?

I really don't get this backstabber mentality, and it's not just the client, it's whenever players ask for something.

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can actually see the cap in the CC lore gump... point your mouse cursor at the skill value and scroll down.... why they can't fix the font and field width so that it displays correctly (like EC) is beyond me though...
How long has this been a thing?!

WhiteWitch

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
They are both pretty awful, its like arguing whether Gonorrhea or Syphilis is the best STD to have.
Its a testament to how great the game is that it still survives despite its clients.

Last edited:

The Craftsman

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All the client flames are just immature.
Some people like EC, some CC. Why not band together and ask for fixes and enhancements?

I really don't get this backstabber mentality, and it's not just the client, it's whenever players ask for something.
I think its all being done a bit tongue in cheek in this thread ;)

cobb

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Why did they have to use different art for the EC? It just looks so horrible

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah if they stuck the CC graphics into the EC user interface they might finally be able to just have one client. Having two clients to work on must be such a waste of resources.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
You can actually see the cap in the CC lore gump... point your mouse cursor at the skill value and scroll down.... why they can't fix the font and field width so that it displays correctly (like EC) is beyond me though...
i not really sure what you mean by how to do this?
my scroll down is being used by a hotkey.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
never mind, figured it out.
what the hell!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

first off, who finds this stuff?
second how did they ever expect us to find this if they dont tell us?!?!?!

3rd, that is a hella uncomfortable way to look at your pets skills!

4th thanks for showing us that @Merus

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
never mind, figured it out.
what the hell!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

first off, who finds this stuff?
second how did they ever expect us to find this if they dont tell us?!?!?!

3rd, that is a hella uncomfortable way to look at your pets skills!

4th thanks for showing us that @Merus
And when you spin them you can pretend your pet is fully skilled.

upload_2017-5-16_16-42-33.png

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Because the sprites in the CC would not work in the EC right... think it moves weird now...

Secondly ALL the art files are the CC save the land tiles and Mobiles. Everything else is the same art. All housing tiles, roofing tiles all of it...

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They need to fix this issue where if an animal lore gump is open on your screen you cannot use another skill at all. Including hiding or redoing another lore or using an instrument. I often lore then try to hide so I can read the lore screen now if i accidently lore and hide it wont let me unless i close the lore screen, hide then lore.

It is a drag. It has NEVER been like this and i don't know why they have changed it that once a lore gump is open it negates any other 'skill' you want to use saying 'you must wait a few moments to use another skill..... yadda yadda..." even if the timer is well up. @Bleak should of been included in the last hotfix.

Whileever that lore gump is open you cannot use any skill at all.