• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 97 Hotfixes

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings, Beginning this evening with the Japanese shards, the following hotfixes will be deployed with each shard’s regularly scheduled maintenance, • Resolved issue where player created Mysticism Healing Stone would delete after server maintenance. • Resolved issue where pet Special Move mana cost is not being consumed at correct cost. • Creatures no longer aggro without line of sight. • Resolved issue where Magincia pet vendors improperly displayed stable slots over 24. • Adjusted Pet AIs Mage Mastery and Necromage to prefer melee combat. • Resolved issue which prevented Necromancy Death Adder from using poison. • Resolved issue where animal […]

Continue reading...

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Working late tonight. Thanks for the fixes.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
ahhhh, but what did they add that they ARE NOT telling us about?
reduction in rare spawning colored pets?
change in the gain rates of leveling up pets?
reduction in loot off of *insert favorite farming critter here*?

huh?
ya, we all know how these hot patches work!

Dol'Gorath

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Glad they fixed magery mastery. Gonna have to test on TC1 now before I commit to it though. It was way broken before the hotfix.

Swordsman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ahhhh, but what did they add that they ARE NOT telling us about?
reduction in rare spawning colored pets?
change in the gain rates of leveling up pets?
reduction in loot off of *insert favorite farming critter here*?

huh?
ya, we all know how these hot patches work!
Hopefully they didnt work in this kind of attitude.

Angel

Adventurer
Resolved issue where pet Special Move mana cost is not being consumed at correct cost, Wonder what moves and mana amounts?

Turbo

Adventurer
Its going to suck if pets use more mana now as everything we have built around current mana use will be taking a nerf. Hopefully they were using too much and reduced it.

Before this patch i know 1 of my cus casts often and never drops in mana and another one burns it in no time with similar regen and spells.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Which is why I'll never rush into a new system in-game anymore.....once bitten twice shy and all that.

Reactions: Lug

Angel

Adventurer
Its going to suck if pets use more mana now as everything we have built around current mana use will be taking a nerf. Hopefully they were using too much and reduced it.
Yep, I have leveled up at least 40. But been waiting to finish most, leaving 1501 Points to play with. They are trained and ready. Waiting for the dust to settle before wasting scrolls, moves that suck manna, Etc...

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix @Bleak

Any chance of getting the slot calculation fixed? The fact that it constantly seems to be rechecking/recalculating is really frustrating! The slot requirement should be calculated once, when the creature spawns (for new pets) or once when the creature converts from tamed to enter the training process... but taming/training a 2 slot critter that magically bumps to a 3 slot critter in the middle of its training because it gained a few dex or intel points is really messed up! Once the training process starts, the only way it should change its slot requirement is by actually completing the training. I have several pets I want to train, but I won't because I think it will mess up their slots using the current system. Needs a fix ASAP!

omukai

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I second this.

You went through all the trouble to create a planner for the taming process, but then pets jump a slot and all the planning was in vain.
A Rune Beetle should be 3 slots, no matter the starting stats. The end result needs to be the same, given the same course of actions.

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They also fixed the Animal Lore gump blocking still usage. Works again as pre-pub-97.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Be nice if they fix the slot count changing after taming begins

Also why can't we train pets in a crystal and the grizzled mares ?

I still not sure why some wolfs got bumped up to a 2 slot wtf

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also why can't we train pets in a crystal and the grizzled mares ?
This publish is about animal taming. So you can train every pet, which has been tamed with said skill. Any other pet is not trainable, including tinke pets etc...

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This publish is about animal taming. So you can train every pet, which has been tamed with said skill. Any other pet is not trainable, including tinke pets etc...
Incorrect.
You can train the Vollem from a crystal and those Vanity pet statues....oh that 16th anniversary horse

Also I consider my pack of Albino Squirrels more than just "pets".....they are family.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Missing from the hot fix, issues that were brought up on test centre:

Classic Client, pet damage received is red (same as damage dealt) instead of yellow
Classic Cleint, loss of healthbar when a pet is mounted (friend or foe)
Various exploits from insta auto pet stable on log-out.

Missing information on animal lore gump regarding VvV mount's battle readiness status (both clients)
Missing information on animal lore gump pet control requirements (both clients)
:bdh:

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They made the store bought pets which aren't tameable, trainable...vollems in a crystal can be trained...grizzled mares SHOULD BE TOO ! thats all Im saying

Turbo

Adventurer
Well that mana change ruined my pets, specially the ones with chiv. My cus now burn their mana in the first min or 2 and cant ever cast AI for the rest of the fight because they spam the cheaper chiv spells as soon as it regens so it never gets high enough to use AI. This is with 30 mr and 115 med. Would be nice to have some kind of manual control over their spells or reduce the cost of special moves to give them a chance to cast them.

J. E. Tamer

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My greater dragon now appears to be casting offensive spells upon himself (poison, flamestrike, explosion).

J. E. Tamer

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Confirmed. My greater dragon Ih beats the heck out of itself by casting offensive spells on itself.
My dragon turtle hatchling Shelly does not have this problem.

The Doctor

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
My greater dragon now appears to be casting offensive spells upon himself (poison, flamestrike, explosion).
Well he may be experiencing signs of depression as now there are pets most find more desirable. Maybe try boosting his self esteem by telling him what a good loyal pet he as been threw the years even if you spend time with other pets now he is still your favorite pet.

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Well he may be experiencing signs of depression as now there are pets most find more desirable. Maybe try boosting his self esteem by telling him what a good loyal pet he as been threw the years even if you spend time with other pets now he is still your favorite pet.
Thanks for this. Reading Stratics gets me down more often than not these days, but your post made me smile. I think I'll go feed my GD now and maybe let him chew on some cows in Jhelom. Might even use my "Who's a good boy?" baby talk on him.

J. E. Tamer

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Fixed. Thanks, Doctor.
Stabled him, got him back out, fed him, gave all sorts of commands, fed him...
Who's a good boy? Ih the greater dragon, that's who!

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Bleak @Kyronix Any chance for Physical/Cold melee Necro pets to have Corpse Skin taken off of their spell list? It really messes with the damage output of some Necro capable pets. Shadow Wyrms, Tsuki Wolves, Ossein Rams, Dread Warhorses, Hellcats (Predator) and Dire Wolves deal less melee damage when Corpse Skin is on their target. On the other hand, Dread Spiders, Nightmares, Hell Hounds, and Hellcats (Small) do more damage while Corpse Skin is on their target. So perhaps they could keep Corpse Skin on their spell list.
Also, the Grizzled Mare has Necro/SS Skill now, but he can't be leveled up beyond his 1 Control Slot, so he can't be taught the Necromancy ability.

I kind of liked how Magery Mastery pets would stand back and blast their enemy unless their foe initiated melee combat. They spam spells more when not in melee range. Plus, it was nice for having the pet stay out of danger while other pets tanked the boss, like at Exodus or Osiredon. A lot less chance for their Death Ray to be interrupted by AoE damage then.
The Serpentine Dragon was perfectly suited for Magery Mastery blasting at range. They have low STR (way too expensive to boost up to a useful level) and Base Damage, but insanely high INT (1,000-1,040), and tame out at around GM Magery/Eval.

Last edited:

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just tried to use another skill while the lore gump was up and it doesn't work. That makes me sad.
Directly right aftre patching i logged in and it worked. Now it's again/still broken. No idea, why it worked. Tried to reproduce it, but to no avail.

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lore gump does blocking other skills if you lore your own pet. For wild/others it does not block.

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well that mana change ruined my pets, specially the ones with chiv. My cus now burn their mana in the first min or 2 and cant ever cast AI for the rest of the fight because they spam the cheaper chiv spells as soon as it regens so it never gets high enough to use AI. This is with 30 mr and 115 med. Would be nice to have some kind of manual control over their spells or reduce the cost of special moves to give them a chance to cast them.

I agree my cu's are pretty worthless in the mana department now even with med regens and scrolled skills. Welcome to the first in a long line of nerfs just waiting to happen...think I will stable my pets and get back on my hybrid sampire templets.

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Wow, that line of site change is awesome! I noticed this immediately. I was wondering why all those cells in Covetous level 3 weren't being opened and emptied on me anymore. ;)

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow, that line of site change is awesome! I noticed this immediately. I was wondering why all those cells in Covetous level 3 weren't being opened and emptied on me anymore. ;)
It won't last though, it's already being exploited to hell. ;)

J. E. Tamer

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If we're talking about taking spells off a pet spell list,
Teleport.
My pet casts it a lot, and never goes anywhere when doing so.

Jibbed

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Confirmed. My greater dragon Ih beats the heck out of itself by casting offensive spells on itself.
My dragon turtle hatchling Shelly does not have this problem.
definitely something odd since hotfix. I jumped on test centre to try out the revised magery mastery, and the bake kitsune decided to target self for spells. Tried as you said with the stable, feed, etc and would only correct itself temporarily.

Definitely casting on self, if i let a greater drag just beat on it and not attack back, takes a fraction of the damage.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If we're talking about taking spells off a pet spell list,
Teleport.
My pet casts it a lot, and never goes anywhere when doing so.
Mine teleports to target even up stairs or cliff.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Indeed. This is one of the best bug fixes in the last five+ years. Not being targeted by every obnoxious mongbat outside my house is a welcome change :thumbsup: