• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Hawkwinds robe as Epaulettes @ Blackthorns please

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So we have the Blackthorn system in place where certain items are obtainable as different styles. I'm sure you all know what I mean.

Can we get some of the newer artifacts added to it?

Hawkwinds would be my #1 choice. Hooded robe or epaulettes would be amazing. We could have the despicable quiver as a cloak maybe and I'm sure there are loads more people can think of.

@Bleak @Kyronix @Mesanna @Misk

Swordsman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So we have the Blackthorn system in place where certain items are obtainable as different styles. I'm sure you all know what I mean.

Can we get some of the newer artifacts added to it?

Hawkwinds would be my #1 choice. Hooded robe or epaulettes would be amazing. We could have the despicable quiver as a cloak maybe and I'm sure there are loads more people can think of.

@Bleak @Kyronix @Mesanna @Misk
Good suggestions !

J. E. Tamer

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd like to see more items that are completely ungettable too,
Conjurer's Trinket
Conjurer's Grimoire

and the recipes that came as gifts one time that no one can get now. I don't have a list in front of me, but would include the chocolate nutcrackers and the bronze benches.

I'd also like to see some things that are d--ned near impossible to get now to be available through a different path, e.g. the items and recipes from the Myrmidex Queen. (I know the official response is "but then people won't experience the content..." Well, I'd say no one is experiencing it now, because with the Queen repeatedly tossing out 32 larvae in one go, and darn-near all of them going to Warriors pretty d--n quick, it's NOT FUN ANY MORE.)

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'd like to see more items that are completely ungettable too,
Conjurer's Trinket
Conjurer's Grimoire

and the recipes that came as gifts one time that no one can get now. I don't have a list in front of me, but would include the chocolate nutcrackers and the bronze benches.

I'd also like to see some things that are d--ned near impossible to get now to be available through a different path, e.g. the items and recipes from the Myrmidex Queen. (I know the official response is "but then people won't experience the content..." Well, I'd say no one is experiencing it now, because with the Queen repeatedly tossing out 32 larvae in one go, and darn-near all of them going to Warriors pretty d--n quick, it's NOT FUN ANY MORE.)
Add the Ranger's Cloak too.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Captain John's Hat and Despicable Quiver for Blackthorn's! CJ's Hat available with a selection of +20 in every combat skills too!
Why keep adding items to Blackthorn's that we can currently get in game in other ways ? Lazy asses.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Why keep adding items to Blackthorn's that we can currently get in game in other ways ? Lazy asses.
Because no one does half that stuff... I've done the roof several times. Got some lame drop the first time never seen another drop.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Because no one does half that stuff... I've done the roof several times. Got some lame drop the first time never seen another drop.
Keep trying.
But to you several times probably means 10-20 times.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It isn't about not being able to get one, its about getting those properties in that slot in the style of what we like... I HATE the look of the Hawkwinds robe, but those are the best mods for my template/suit. Having those mods available in a different style robe slot would be welcomed, even if it cost me the normal robe from SG to get it.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It isn't about not being able to get one, its about getting those properties in that slot in the style of what we like... I HATE the look of the Hawkwinds robe, but those are the best mods for my template/suit. Having those mods available in a different style robe slot would be welcomed, even if it cost me the normal robe from SG to get it.
I'm all for an altering chest like we have for veteran reward clothes. I'm not for throwing everything into Blackthorn's reward list and one dungeon.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm all for an altering chest like we have for veteran reward clothes. I'm not for throwing everything into Blackthorn's reward list and one dungeon.
I would be right there with you, except that Blackthorns was the Devs answer to players wanting different variations on artifacts. I think most people would have rather had the option to convert the existing item into a different look... but that isn't what we got.

J. E. Tamer

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would be right there with you, except that Blackthorns was the Devs answer to players wanting different variations on artifacts. I think most people would have rather had the option to convert the existing item into a different look... but that isn't what we got.
Aye, I really wish I could convert my stupid hat into another form of stupid hat.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't really like the idea of everything coming from Blackthorn dungeon, there is enough content that goes unused. but I do agree that there has to be a way for people to choose their style, instead of having everyone dress identically.

Add an NPC that can "transmogrify" an item for a certain amount of gold to change said item into a different type of the same slot based on your characters race.

Two transmogrify options.

#1) Random Transmogrify : 250k gold per attempt -item can change into any type that occupies the same equip slot. all existing Weapons, Armor, and clothing types should be possible (based on character race & gender; you don't want your item to be changed into something you're unable to equip...)

#2) Specific Transmogrify : 500k gold per use -Item can be transmogrified into a different type of item occupying the same equip slot chosen by the player (Studded, Stone, Bone, & Hide armor types should not be options when choosing Specific Transmog-).

Give people what they want while also adding another "useful" gold-sink to UO.

I'd gladly throw several millions of golds into it trying to convert most of my suits to studded or plate. especially if it's able to be used on any equip-able item, as opposed to just "Artifacts".

maybe if items have been "enhanced" they cannot be transmogrified.... or maybe it wouldn't matter... it's not like 2 HPR or +5 HCI or DCI (from wood) on a piece would make peoples suits any more ridiculous than they are already...

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'd prefer if they gave us a new skill to learn called Alterations... and we could learn to alter any item into another one that takes the same slot and has the same properties...

Really don't see why we can't in the first place... and we ought to be able to change things then to and from gargoyle... etc... silly that we can't.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
why should we put more stuff there so afkers can farm anything they want/need, keep making same mistakes.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I wouldn't mind a different looking version of Hawkwind's robe (a change along the lines of @CovenantX's comment would be welcome) ... but I completely disagree with the notion that everything should be thrown into Blackthorn's just because people don't want to do the other content. That's pretty much the lamest excuse ever.

In the event they DID put anything additional as rewards - price them at 200-300 turn ins. If you're not willing to do the actual content to get the items, it should cost you quite a bit more to get the Blackthorn's version.

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Blackthorn's really should be for things that are no longer available at all. Items that are still available should have some kind of alteration option. I'd suggest something like an alteration deed as a a high-ticket BOD reward, but I don't care for the low ratio on the new BOD points system. A skill would be fine. Maybe item identification could be converted to include alteration, as it's currently useless for anything but a few extra honesty points.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd suggest something like an alteration deed as a a high-ticket BOD reward, but I don't care for the low ratio on the new BOD points system. A skill would be fine. Maybe item identification could be converted to include alteration, as it's currently useless for anything but a few extra honesty points.
This is also a good option. I would say skills like tailor/smith (depends on the item). It would also make crafters semi-useful again. It could use the original item, some "special ingredients" and then maybe one of the items it is to be turned into.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A decent head piece for my mage that actually is a mage hat. Oh the dreams.

I guess nowadays the best thing to expect is a change token in the store. Doubt they let that money-grab just go with some chest or tool or skill you only have to buy once.

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
A decent head piece for my mage that actually is a mage hat. Oh the dreams.

I guess nowadays the best thing to expect is a change token in the store. Doubt they let that money-grab just go with some chest or tool or skill you only have to buy once.
Ugh. I hope not.

However... a cosmetic only item does make the most sense for the store. The problem with the store is the lack of consistency in what kind of item (useful versus essential versus vanity) is sold for cash versus available through gameplay. They need a coherent strategy. If things you actually needed to maximize your character's UTILITY were reasonably obtainable in game and pure vanity items only obtainable in the store, I'd have no objection. But that's not what we're seeing. At this point to fix it they'd need to do a lot of retroactive re-evaluation, and I can't see that happening either.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
However... a cosmetic only item does make the most sense for the store. The problem with the store is the lack of consistency in what kind of item (useful versus essential versus vanity) is sold for cash versus available through gameplay. They need a coherent strategy. If things you actually needed to maximize your character's UTILITY were reasonably obtainable in game and pure vanity items only obtainable in the store, I'd have no objection. But that's not what we're seeing. At this point to fix it they'd need to do a lot of retroactive re-evaluation, and I can't see that happening either.
100% agree, though I think they have to go that shady route to meet the monetary goals EA sets for UO to keep it running. BS then needs to come up with something to make the revenue, while people closing accounts right and left along the way. Not saying BS is not to blame too, but for sure they are also not to admire for the environment they have to operate in.

OTOH, if it wasn't for EA, I'm pretty sure Bonnie would still play house instead of thinking about the UO store or a F2P concept.

leet

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Add transmog to the store for $5.00 per item
Item would have to stay in the same class of armor
Hide>boned>studded
things like that

Robe slot can be jim-baori, jester tunic blah blah

I would spend $100 no problem and not complain about it.

But we get rainbow unicorns so..

If theres one thing people pay for in ANY game is to look cool, and they just wont capitalize on that.

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Add transmog to the store for $5.00 per item
Item would have to stay in the same class of armor
Hide>boned>studded
things like that

Robe slot can be jim-baori, jester tunic blah blah

I would spend $100 no problem and not complain about it.

But we get rainbow unicorns so..

If theres one thing people pay for in ANY game is to look cool, and they just wont capitalize on that.
Why would it need to stay the same material? Same slot should be more than sufficient. If someone wants their ringmail leggings to look like a leather skirt, why does it matter?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Why would it need to stay the same material? Same slot should be more than sufficient. If someone wants their ringmail leggings to look like a leather skirt, why does it matter?
It shouldn't as long as it retains the same properties of what it was...

Again this should be a skill we can gain and work on our crafters... alteration.

This should be easy to do could use some of the reagents and some of the resources, leathers, cloth, ingots whatever and maybe even some imbuing ingredients ...

As long as an item remains in the same slot, retains the properties both inert and shown... such as the MR you get from Plate... even though it "looks" like short pants... it would still be plate.

Personally I'd like to see the Leorocians Mempo as something else... I hate wearing it... it's the most ugly hideous thing ... totally disgusting..

leet

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Because you know they wouldnt be able to code it correctly, and people can turn lets say 100m leather armor into a 500m stam studded piece, at least if they retain the same armor category they wouldnt have to worry about it.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Because you know they wouldnt be able to code it correctly, and people can turn lets say 100m leather armor into a 500m stam studded piece, at least if they retain the same armor category they wouldnt have to worry about it.
Yea, but market prices are dynamic and would quickly adapt to reflect the new situation. Both pieces would just come closer in price. Not like those prices are set in stone.

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I think they can code a cosmetic change just fine. That's what EM items are and they make those all the time. My thought was that an item would still be what it started as, but look different and have an altered tag added to it. The properties, positive, negative, and hidden, would be preserved. For example:

Screenshot (506).png

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Interesting, I get a drop around 50% of the time from the roof. Double bosses are where its at!

@the OP...I get your concern, the Hawkwind Robe was designed by a color blind man with no sense of style. How about a transmog system like what Riyana mentioned instead that just allowed generic appearance changes?

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wouldn't mind a different looking version of Hawkwind's robe (a change along the lines of @CovenantX's comment would be welcome) ... but I completely disagree with the notion that everything should be thrown into Blackthorn's just because people don't want to do the other content. That's pretty much the lamest excuse ever.

In the event they DID put anything additional as rewards - price them at 200-300 turn ins. If you're not willing to do the actual content to get the items, it should cost you quite a bit more to get the Blackthorn's version.
lower the cost by 80% and make everything account bound...might as well get the bots to stop farming it too since everyone else quit.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
lower the cost by 80% and make everything account bound...might as well get the bots to stop farming it too since everyone else quit.
So make 100-turn in point items cost only 20? That would be awful.

The perception that Blackthorn's is relentlessly AFK farmed is overblown.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
In the immortal words of the legendary villain Megamind.... what is the difference between a regular villain and a super villain.... PRESENTATION!

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
In the immortal words of the legendary villain Megamind.... what is the difference between a regular villain and a super villain.... PRESENTATION!
Indeed.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

I call BS... I can go to Blackthrons on any day of the week and find someone there afk scripting... either in the mage room or in with the hell hounds... or even in the gold elementals.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

The amount of time necessary to farm one item is not casual friendly. For those interested in getting an item they can use themselves as opposed to anyone else is justification enough to at least consider such a change.

Regarding Blackthorn's farming, is your perception based solely on your experiences on Atlantic? If so, I welcome you to expand your perception by visiting some of the less populated servers. What you cannot see does not mean it doesn't exist.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I call BS... I can go to Blackthrons on any day of the week and find someone there afk scripting... either in the mage room or in with the hell hounds... or even in the gold elementals.
I know it's BS, you know it's BS, and I am sure he knows it's BS. Makes you wonder who some of these people are covering for in the first place huh? ;)

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
The amount of time necessary to farm one item is not casual friendly. For those interested in getting an item they can use themselves as opposed to anyone else is justification enough to at least consider such a change.

Regarding Blackthorn's farming, is your perception based solely on your experiences on Atlantic? If so, I welcome you to expand your perception by visiting some of the less populated servers. What you cannot see does not mean it doesn't exist.
When doing the pods, I can get 10-15 'drops' if we run a tower from start to finish over course of 90 minutes or so. Prices should be raised - especially if they were to put any Shadowguard items in the rewards section - not "cut by 80%".

If you want the rewards but don't want to do Blackthorn's - go invest the time to do the other content that offers the same rewards.

I know it's BS, you know it's BS, and I am sure he knows it's BS. Makes you wonder who some of these people are covering for in the first place huh? ;)
Odd that on one hand you're claiming too many people script-farm it then on the other hand saying prices should be cut by 80%... How does that make any sense other than to benefit these 'so-called AFK Blackthorn's scripters'?

I'm calling BS.

If you played with a larger group you would recognize people do ALL of the content that generates the 'real versions' of the Blackthorn's rewards. If you refuse to move out of your own little circle and play with other groups that do this stuff, then that's your own choice. Blackthorn's shouldn't be filled with rewards from every encounter in game because certain people don't want to put in the time and effort to get rewards.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When doing the pods, I can get 10-15 'drops' if we run a tower from start to finish over course of 90 minutes or so. Prices should be raised - especially if they were to put any Shadowguard items in the rewards section - not "cut by 80%".
Did you actually read what I wrote or did you simply skim? The key descriptive you failed to include was account bound.

So, at 100 per you are looking at 600-900 minutes...not casual friendly...good reason to make changes.

If you want the rewards but don't want to do Blackthorn's - go invest the time to do the other content that offers the same rewards.
Sorry, this isn't black or white. I want to do Blackthorns, but I don't think the reward for time involved is worth it. Perhaps a compromise is in order for those who don't have a bot army to do it for us.

Odd that on one hand you're claiming too many people script-farm it then on the other hand saying prices should be cut by 80%... How does that make any sense other than to benefit these 'so-called AFK Blackthorn's scripters'?
Again, account bound...the key descriptive of mine you seem to elude throughout. Do you not see how account bound items could foil a scripter farming items to sell?

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Did you actually read what I wrote or did you simply skim? The key descriptive you failed to include was account bound.

Again, account bound...the key descriptive of mine you seem to elude throughout. Do you not see how account bound items could foil a scripter farming items to sell?
I saw everything you said - "account bound" doesn't change any of my responses.

So, at 100 per you are looking at 600-900 minutes...not casual friendly...good reason to make changes.
You shouldn't be able to claim rewards for the equivalent of an LT Sash with one or two trips to the town pods. If you're going to take the easy route to get the end reward by doing Blackthorn's instead of the other corresponding content for the reward, it should take more time than doing the other content.
Sorry, this isn't black or white. I want to do Blackthorns, but I don't think the reward for time involved is worth it. Perhaps a compromise is in order for those who don't have a bot army to do it for us.
Blackthorn's is easy and is working fine as is. No bots or scripting is needed in order to do it.

This game should be made more difficult - not easier.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'm calling BS.

If you played with a larger group you would recognize people do ALL of the content that generates the 'real versions' of the Blackthorn's rewards. If you refuse to move out of your own little circle and play with other groups that do this stuff, then that's your own choice. Blackthorn's shouldn't be filled with rewards from every encounter in game because certain people don't want to put in the time and effort to get rewards.
You know I find it sad at as a Moderator of this forum you find me so loathing that you must attempt to assault and belittle me at every opportunity...

You are right I do play with a select group. I do so because I refuse to play with asshats... cheats... and bullies. I don't want to move out of my circle and have to tolerate poor manners and behavior just because someone thinks they know everything there is to know about the game and they insist that you do everything their way...

But enough of that... I didn't ever say I wanted much more than a change to Leorocians Mempo added to Blackthrons... I asked for it in the first place when they first began the concept of Blackthorns dungeon... but the DEVs seem adamant that we wear the hideous thing...

I much prefer adding a new skill to the game to alter items. One that would allow me to alter that hideous Mempo into something far nicer... like maybe the Ankh pendant... same slot, same properties ..... thinking it would say something like "Leorocians Mempo (Altered)" And somewhere if you altered say a pair of studded leather pants it would say "Studded Leather Pants (Altered)" even if it were looking like a leather skirt. THAT is what I would prefer and THAT is what I have asked for from the beginning as I absolutely detest Blackthorns reward system and think it's a cop out for really just giving us the ability to alter things. Seriously if we can alter things into Gargoyle we OUGHT to be able to not only alter them BACK into human/elf but we ought to be able to alter most anything... Tailors, carpenters and armorers did this ALL the time.

Same goes for being able to recycle wood from things rather than just destroying it. I had a friend who's father worked in Salvage... he reused wood ALL the time. I helped many a summer tearing apart buildings and such for lumber, tin and anything else that was scrap and salvageable.

But that's me. Perhaps if you knew me better you wouldn't be so quick to judge me.

Edit: And I don't know when I pissed in your Wheaties but this is getting old.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
You know I find it sad at as a Moderator of this forum you find me so loathing that you must attempt to assault and belittle me at every opportunity...

You are right I do play with a select group. I do so because I refuse to play with asshats... cheats... and bullies. I don't want to move out of my circle and have to tolerate poor manners and behavior just because someone thinks they know everything there is to know about the game and they insist that you do everything their way...
We all play with our groups of various sizes... but if you're not willing to go beyond your own group... that's a decision you're making. If the group you play with doesn't do certain content - I don't think the rewards from that content should be spread to other areas seemingly 'just because'.

This applies to ALOT of the suggestions I've seen you making on these forums.. wanting to change content simply to fit your limited style of game play... something you're well within your right to do... but that's not going to prevent someone like me from chiming in and saying its a bad idea. We definitely have different philosophies for this game, and it won't change any time soon. There are certain things I agree with you on, such both being players advocates of the EC.

It's nothing personal - strictly business.

I much prefer adding a new skill to the game to alter items. One that would allow me to alter that hideous Mempo into something far nicer... like maybe the Ankh pendant... same slot, same properties ..... thinking it would say something like "Leorocians Mempo (Altered)" And somewhere if you altered say a pair of studded leather pants it would say "Studded Leather Pants (Altered)" even if it were looking like a leather skirt. THAT is what I would prefer and THAT is what I have asked for from the beginning as I absolutely detest Blackthorns reward system and think it's a cop out for really just giving us the ability to alter things. Seriously if we can alter things into Gargoyle we OUGHT to be able to not only alter them BACK into human/elf but we ought to be able to alter most anything... Tailors, carpenters and armorers did this ALL the time.
I don't disagree that Leorician's Mempo is particularly ugly and it would be nice if there was a way to alter these. I do think it's a bad use of developer time because I personally don't care as much about cosmetics as others, but that's just my personal opinion.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I saw everything you said - "account bound" doesn't change any of my responses.
Doesn't change your response? I suppose if you just base an opinion on information you cherry pick, you can persuade yourself to believe whatever you like. The way I see it, account bound blackthorns items would solve two issues.
1) scripters would have no reason to farm something that is no longer profitable.
2) casual players would find a reason to farm the items for themselves.

You shouldn't be able to claim rewards for the equivalent of an LT Sash with one or two trips to the town pods. If you're going to take the easy route to get the end reward by doing Blackthorn's instead of the other corresponding content for the reward, it should take more time than doing the other content.
And why shouldn't you? The same sort of thing is already being done with VvV gear. In less than an hour you can farm all the items you need, and then never have to venture to fel again.

Blackthorn's is easy and is working fine as is. No bots or scripting is needed in order to do it.

This game should be made more difficult - not easier.
Easy? I can get two drops off the roof in an hour including the time necessary to do the rooms if the RNG gods favor me. Blackthorns takes 10+ hours of casual farming for just one drop on the flip side of that coin.

No bots needed? Again, check out the other servers. While you are there, feel free to tell the bots they have no reason to farm because you said so. Ok?

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Doesn't change your response? I suppose if you just base an opinion on information you cherry pick, you can persuade yourself to believe whatever you like. The way I see it, account bound blackthorns items would solve two issues.
1) scripters would have no reason to farm something that is no longer profitable.
2) casual players would find a reason to farm the items for themselves.
People should be allowed to sell Blackthorn's rewards or the Minax drops. I'm completely against making either of those account bound. It would end up with even LESS people doing the content if they made that change... not more. I don't see how any of these suggestions bring back casual players.

And why shouldn't you? The same sort of thing is already being done with VvV gear. In less than an hour you can farm all the items you need, and then never have to venture to fel again.
Apples and oranges. VvV isn't Blackthorn's.

No bots needed?
Bots are not needed in order to do Blackthorn's.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
People should be allowed to sell Blackthorn's rewards or the Mixax drops. I'm completely against making either of those account bound. It would end up with even LESS people doing the content if they made that change... not more. I don't see how any of these suggestions bring back casual players.

Apples and oranges. VvV isn't Blackthorn's.

Bots are not needed in order to do Blackthorn's.
So, in other words you don't have good explanations for your opinions outside of because I said so? Seems trollish to me, what do you think? Sorry, not biting...but good luck with the fishing.

transcendent

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I'd prefer if they gave us a new skill to learn called Alterations... and we could learn to alter any item into another one that takes the same slot and has the same properties...

Really don't see why we can't in the first place... and we ought to be able to change things then to and from gargoyle... etc... silly that we can't.
Alteration could be added as a mastery ability for Blacksmithing and Tailoring.

transcendent

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I think they can code a cosmetic change just fine. That's what EM items are and they make those all the time. My thought was that an item would still be what it started as, but look different and have an altered tag added to it. The properties, positive, negative, and hidden, would be preserved. For example:

View attachment 66627
There would still be a problem with buying and selling of those items. Someone could buy an item that looks like a studded piece for the LMC bonus, only to find out it is a regular leather item that has been changed with no LMC bonus.

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
There would still be a problem with buying and selling of those items. Someone could buy an item that looks like a studded piece for the LMC bonus, only to find out it is a regular leather item that has been changed with no LMC bonus.
That's true. Perhaps the alteration tag should be more specific: something like "altered from leather skirt to studded leather pants".