• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Void Mare

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I see Void Mares for sale, are they just renamed Nightmares, or something new. I do not see them listed.

Thanks!

Malee

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They are nightmares in a special hue - it's part of the pet revamp. They also have one that is two toned (black and white) and one with a white spot on its forehead. Somewhere online there are pics but I don't know where with out searching for it.

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have seen the pictures of the different hue's. Does the different hue's spawn with different names, or are they all named Nightmares?

Thanks!

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Its not trying to rip anyone off. Void is simply a reference to the color of the nightmare. Yes, it spawns with the name nightmare... but it easy to say Void Mare for sale than Nightmare for sale that is the void hue. Come on people!

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yep that's the one
OK, so they are just calling this color Nightmare, a Void Mare to get more gold for it? If it's a rare color and more valuable, great, but don't try to pass it off as something it isn't.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If anyone has a 2 slot "void" one I'd like to buy.

Slickjack

Rares Fest Host | Cats Nov 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
At one time, I would agree with the 1/100, last two nights, I am HUNDREDS in and not a single void of any variety....

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Yes White Wyrms...

Still hoping there are more colors..I know it's been awhile but we have 4 Mares, 4 Wyrms, 3 Toads, 2 Frost Spiders and 2 Snow Leopards....and apparently 4 Stygian Drake Colors of which I only have one because they are in REALLY rough areas and I have only managed to get 1...but if the pattern holds true and there are truly only 4 new colors of each we are still missing 1 Toad, 2 Spiders and 2 Snow Leopards....IF there are 4 of each...there might not be...but I keep lookin!

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i thought we where calling the new pure black NM Abyssal and the white faced ones Void?

damn it people, when you dont put the proper cover sheets on your TPS reports mistakes like this start to happen!!!!

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
It's hard to name them isn't it?

So let's get this right...here are the 4 new ones...SO FAR ;)

MareNames.jpg

Let's give them some proper names!!!

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
i thought we where calling the new pure black NM Abyssal and the white faced ones Void?

damn it people, when you dont put the proper cover sheets on your TPS reports mistakes like this start to happen!!!!

Thought it was the other way around myself.... the 3 with white spots were abyssal and the pure black was void.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Matte, glossy and semi-gloss? Sounds like paint..:/

I think we can do better!!

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
After looking at the picture of the 4 different types of new ones. I retract my statement. I thought there were only 2 new colors.

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
abyssal would have red highlights, the new colored mares are dyed the same as the black turn-in dyes which already have names. Mares in game have traditionally been referred to as long haired and short haired, just saying...

Maybe even the one pigment and it just looks different on the different style mares

Last edited:

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
With 4 new hues of Mare AND other critters I think giving them new names would help traders/sellers and buyers distinguish between them so they don't get confused..just sayin...

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With 4 new hues of Mare
That is just it I don't believe there are 4 new hues I think its one or two and...the hue just looks different on the different style of mares..

there are 4 styles of mare, that much I can agree with.

Last edited:

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
abyssal would have red highlights, the new colored mares are dyed the same as the black turn-in dyes which already have names. Mares in game have traditionally been referred to as long haired and short haired, just saying...

Maybe even the one pigment and it just looks different on the different style mares
I actually like reflective shadow more than abyssal...

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
That is just it I don't believe there are 4 new hues I think its one or two and...the hue just looks different on the different style of mares..

there are 4 styles of mare, that much I can agree with.
Okay so it's really hard to tell on the ~Void~ one.....but maybe there are only TWO Styles and FOUR different hues...

LongShort.png

The outline of the mane on the ~Void~ one looks like it's a long mane so we have 2 styles and 4 hues.

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You may play with InsideUO applying some unnamed colors to 4 generic horse styles. My best match is

rare_nightmare.png

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The developers need to give the correct hues for the new pets in the game. Regardless of color, they are just Nightmares with the same physical characteristics as any other Nightmare.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
if you look at the Clean Up Brit Pigments and compare them to these NM id say they used the 2 black dyes.
the pure black black one being the 'Dark Void' and the white spotted one being the 'Reflective Shadow'.
hard to see from the Stratics pics here because they are in EC but if you look here for the reflective shadow and here for the dark void you can see them in CC and they match up pretty spot on id say.

if i had to guess id say we are dealing with 3 Reflective Shadow NM's and 1 Dark Void.
if you look at the Legacy NM colors we have 3 hues of the light black and one pure black, so this kinda matches up to them.
old color NM had 3 color light black - new color NM has 3 color Reflective Shadow.
old color NM has 1 color Pure Black - new color NM has 1 color Dark Void.

Dark Void

Reflective Shadow

old NM's

new NM's

so id say we are looking at Reflective Shadow Light (short mane), Medium (short mane) and Dark (long mane) and 1 Dark Void

Last edited:

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
The developers need to give the correct hues for the new pets in the game. Regardless of color, they are just Nightmares with the same physical characteristics as any other Nightmare.
True...but there are a lot of us who like pretty shiny things!

I know I have my original WW, but now I have a BLUE one and he's SO awesome...just cus he's blue!

I have one of each new Mare.....some 2-slot and some 3-slot...I have 2 red, white and blue Hyirus....cus they are red,white and blue!

So it really doesn't matter if it's ~Just a Nightmare~ ...cus to some....it's so much more!

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
if you look at the Clean Up Brit Pigments and compare them to these NM id say they used the 2 black dyes.
the pure black black one being the 'Dark Void' and the white spotted one being the 'Reflective Shadow'.
hard to see from the Stratics pics here because they are in EC but if you look here for the reflective shadow and here for the dark void you can see them in CC and they match up pretty spot on id say.

if i had to guess id say we are dealing with 3 Reflective Shadow NM's and 1 Dark Void.
if you look at the Legacy NM colors we have 3 hues of the light black and one pure black, so this kinda matches up to them.
old color NM had 3 color light black - new color NM has 3 color Reflective Shadow.
old color NM has 1 color Pure Black - new color NM has 1 color Dark Void.

Dark Void

Reflective Shadow
I would agree with all but the one with the spot on it's face...I can see the other 2 being reflective shadow without a doubt

BUT since it's hard to tell for sure, I think you're assessment is pretty accurate...so we have Reflective Shadow x 3...still need to distinguish between those!

I just named mine Shiny, Spot and XButt.....at least I can tell the difference from my stable list :)

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's hard to name them isn't it?

So let's get this right...here are the 4 new ones...SO FAR ;)

View attachment 66711

Abyssal is the void.

Why don't you pop over to Atlantic and see what the Tamers call them. The players get to name pets.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Abyssal is the void.

Why don't you pop over to Atlantic and see what the Tamers call them. The players get to name pets.
Yeah I know...I play a tamer ;) And I don't base my gameplay off of Atlantic thank you! :p

If I want to sell a ~Shiny~ Pet on Origin, someone on ATL might think it's a different one..I just think a universal name for them for ALL Shards would be very helpful...but if you want to confuse people by all means ;)

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah I know...I play a tamer ;) And I don't base my gameplay off of Atlantic thank you! :p

If I want to sell a ~Shiny~ Pet on Origin, someone on ATL might think it's a different one..I just think a universal name for them for ALL Shards would be very helpful...but if you want to confuse people by all means ;)

Using the name that the most popular shard is using is confusing people? Why don't we let Napa choose the names?

Pet Procurers Inc

The business is running without you.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Sorry I play the game, I don't run a business from it.....

It's all good.