• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Can we please get some new VVV rewards please?

StressBall

Adventurer
I would like a colored statue of the sigil to have maybe get one sigil to randomly spawn a cool color and let it be kept as a deco statue. like one in ever 1000 sigils or something.

Can you change the banners and tiles for something new, pretty much anyone that wanted them has them so they don't sell.

Maybe make the ten sot saleable?

Maybe some vvv titles?

Maybe change the robes and hair dyes to actually do something? Like give you hci or dci against people wearing the opposite robe or something.

Anyone got any suggestions as to what would make a good new vvv reward?

Last edited:

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I agree, it would be cool with more rewards. Also I believe we need more than 2 colors robes and mounts as there often are more than to sides. There may be more than one Virtue and one Vice alliance and some of the Vice alliances may be fighting each others. Make at least 2 different Virtue and 3-4 different Vice colors.

Deco items are nice too as they can be sold or traded for PvP gear. Something useful would be nice, like boxes with Virtue/Vice sign, Mailbox with Virtue/Vice sign, seed for plant in special Virtue/Vice colors, that can be used to make plant dyes in the Virtue/Vice colors.

Make it possible to collect more than 10k silver points, it's annoying to have to collect an items in the middle of town battle to not lose silver points.

Make it so points on VvV leaderboard only count if less than a year old, that be the point for winning the town as well as the points for kills/deaths. As it is now, it show players/guilds on top of the list, who had not really been active in VvV the last year, that is unfair to new VvV players/guilds.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I would like a colored statue of the sigil to have maybe get one sigil to randomly spawn a cool color and let it be kept as a deco statue. like one in ever 1000 sigils or something.

Can you change the banners and tiles for something new, pretty much anyone that wanted them has them so they don't sell.

Maybe some vvv titles?

Maybe change the robes and hair dyes to actually do something? Like give you hci or dci against people wearing the opposite robe or something.

They need to adjust the mechanics of VVV before they change the rewards.

Otherwise this is just another freely scriptable rewards system with no point.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I have not seen any VvV scripters on Siege, but that could be because we do not have the wearable rewards other than horse and robe.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
How about instead they fix it so you can't log on at 3am when most people are asleep and then run around claiming alters to pile up points so you can collect all of the items and then sell them on your shard all while claiming to be an elite pvpr....whew.....You shouldn't be able to claim any alter in a town that you're the only one participating in. it should take 2 or more before an alter goes active. Yes my reply has nothing to do with rewards, just the silly system itself.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I have not seen any VvV scripters on Siege, but that could be because we do not have the wearable rewards other than horse and robe.

Even aside from the scripting, I know the tried to keep the inclusion of thieves but let's face it, it's probably not doing anything to promote pvp.

You can probably go to any shard and find that the highest rank person is not a pvper (or at least, not
A pvp character).

Why pvp, when you can just stealth and sell a new set of banners for 100m like they did when it was introduced.

So, personally, I am not in favor of new rewards.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Freja come on, you know you accumulated most of your vvv points because you play during those ridiculous Viking hours when no one else is on. I wish you would be honest for once about something.

StressBall

Adventurer
I thought of an idea for a reward, different types of saddles, you could have say;

A gold saddle that gave you luck
A Saddle that allowed you to ride an otherwise non ride able pet
A Saddle that soaked up the damage like a Swamp dragon so you didn't have to ride the most clunky beast in uo
A color saddle that changed the hue of your mount.

etc

SpyderBite

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm good with new titles.. the deco stuff... not so much. Most of us just consider our homes more storage. :)

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
You can probably go to any shard and find that the highest rank person is not a pvper (or at least, not
A pvp character).
I never claimed to be much of a PvP'er but I try my best. I do have the highest rank and lots of deaths too and some kills. I know there could be some tweaks to VvV but on Siege, the rewards are not good enough to draw players to the battle towns. I would say, at least let Siege have a few of the wearable rewards, the ones that are hard/expensive/impossible to imbue.
Start with the jewelry and others not in armor slots and see how it goes. no Blessing, no owner tag and useful of all in VvV. Most PvP'ers on Siege is VvV anyway and the non PvP'ers will die anyway, no matter how powerful their gear is.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
How about instead they fix it so you can't log on at 3am when most people are asleep and then run around claiming alters to pile up points so you can collect all of the items and then sell them on your shard all while claiming to be an elite pvpr....whew.....You shouldn't be able to claim any alter in a town that you're the only one participating in. it should take 2 or more before an alter goes active. Yes my reply has nothing to do with rewards, just the silly system itself.
First the clock are not 3 am when I logon, it is 6 -10 PM week days and any time between 6 AM - 11 PM in the weekend.
Second, the battle town do only start if at least 2 VvV chars are logged on. Sure you could say, at least 2 in different guild/alliance should be in the battle town for alters to show but the ones who want to abuse it, will just put a char on other account in a different guild and logon. It's almost impossible to make a system that can't be abused and sadly, some will do and it will just be less playable for the honest players.

Do you do VvV at all Garth, I never see you in the towns, but maybe I sleep when you play :p, it may be 3 AM my time.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Freja come on, you know you accumulated most of your vvv points because you play during those ridiculous Viking hours when no one else is on. I wish you would be honest for once about something.
Not true, I had been fighting a lot, Black Star, several FYUO, Diablo, when they still played, several GIL and Vice alliance, B^A, HI-5, Sprago and several others. The shard is not dead when I play. I don't die if alone in town and my death counts sure tells, I was not alone and I was not running naked with stealth on. I was accepting any sight, well knowing, this old lady are stubborn and refuse to changes her outdated template to something more powerful.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I never claimed to be much of a PvP'er but I try my best. I do have the highest rank and lots of deaths too and some kills. I know there could be some tweaks to VvV but on Siege, the rewards are not good enough to draw players to the battle towns. I would say, at least let Siege have a few of the wearable rewards, the ones that are hard/expensive/impossible to imbue.
Start with the jewelry and others not in armor slots and see how it goes. no Blessing, no owner tag and useful of all in VvV. Most PvP'ers on Siege is VvV anyway and the non PvP'ers will die anyway, no matter how powerful their gear is.
I try not to really include Siege in my responses as they are separate from production.

In this case however I don't see them doing it for one shard, and not the rest. Not that I'm really against siege having a different standard, just don't see the devs doing it.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I try not to really include Siege in my responses as they are separate from production.
We are not less production than other shards, just a different and more healthy production :p

In this case however I don't see them doing it for one shard, and not the rest. Not that I'm really against siege having a different standard, just don't see the devs doing it.
I can only speak for myself, not for Siege as whole. I don't mind to see this VvV artifacts on Siege, with new DOOM artifacts and other new stuff, I doubt they will hurt Siege as long they can be looted and re-used of others like with other Siege items.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
We are not less production than other shards, just a different and more healthy production :p

I can only speak for myself, not for Siege as whole. I don't mind to see this VvV artifacts on Siege, with new DOOM artifacts and other new stuff, I doubt they will hurt Siege as long they can be looted and re-used of others like with other Siege items.
It's been a considerable amount of time since I logged into Siege, but I wasn't aware they had the VVV gear.

If they don't they should consider it. (Again)

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Really, I'd like them to revisit the sides of Vice vs Virtue.

Just spitballing, but I'm not sure why they couldn't implement the two sides while still including the guild pvp part of it. The guild leader could do as before and just declare which side or none at all.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
It's been a considerable amount of time since I logged into Siege, but I wasn't aware they had the VVV gear.

If they don't they should consider it. (Again)
Siege do not have the wearable VvV items, we do have the non wearable items.
When we got VvV, Siege decided we did not want the wearables VvV items as old Factions items did hurt the shard balance badly.

What we dis not think of is, a lot have changed, with Imbuing, Reforging, new Artifacts, this items are less powerful now and more PvP'ers are willing to join VvV that Faction as the temp stat loss are not a big pain with VvV.

However, the shard do not agree if we want the items now and how to make them work with Sieges non Insurance/Blessing. Alot do still fear they will make imbalance and kill PvP on Siege like Factions items did.

Things works different on Siege and it is hard to know if it would be a success and improve PvP on Siege or it would fail and hurt the crafters too.

That's why I say, releast a few items at the time and see how it works. Talismen, rings, braceles and Crimmy first as that won't mess with the crafters business of imbuing suits, other than make them changes the mods a little on the PvP suits to fit the mods from the VvV items.

I personly believe it would be good for Siege but a lot do not agree with me and Mugen have to agree too, so not easy.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Really, I'd like them to revisit the sides of Vice vs Virtue.

Just spitballing, but I'm not sure why they couldn't implement the two sides while still including the guild pvp part of it. The guild leader could do as before and just declare which side or none at all.
At least on Siege, where all facets are VvV, we do have more that 2 sides.
The Virtue side can easy be same side as they do not fight each others and may be less hardcore PvP'ers.
Then we have the side Vice?, who will fight the Virtue side in a RP way with little looting but will fight the more Vile side and loot more often.
Then last we have the Vile side, who will fight other other guilds, Virtue, Vice and Vile.

I believe more kind of Factions mounts and colors could be nice. Maybe Virtue should be shades of white to blue, Vice Shades of blue to purple and then add a Vile side too with Shades of red to black mounts.

I also would like the flaging colors to fit 3 groups. Light blue for Virtue, Purple for Vice and a different shade of red than murderes for Vile.

I don't know if 2 sides works fine on other shards as I never play there.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
At least on Siege, where all facets are VvV, we do have more that 2 sides.
The Virtue side can easy be same side as they do not fight each others and may be less hardcore PvP'ers.
Then we have the side Vice?, who will fight the Virtue side in a RP way with little looting but will fight the more Vile side and loot more often.
Then last we have the Vile side, who will fight other other guilds, Virtue, Vice and Vile.

I believe more kind of Factions mounts and colors could be nice. Maybe Virtue should be shades of white to blue, Vice Shades of blue to purple and then add a Vile side too with Shades of red to black mounts.

I also would like the flaging colors to fit 3 groups. Light blue for Virtue, Purple for Vice and a different shade of red than murderes for Vile.

I don't know if 2 sides works fine on other shards as I never play there.
The premise of VVV was originally a two sided system but turned into a guild pvp system which is okay.

But I feel it was a bait and switch.

The system itself does not sustain and sort of pvp fighting due to time limits and the small amount of time it takes to capture an alter.

Maybe if they just turned it into a static amount of alters with a longer time span to capture them it's help.

And the sigils really add nothing to the system other than an easy way to get free stuff from the rewards system. It isn't anything like needing them to stealth in a base through constant fields and 6-10 defenders. Instead it's just an Easter egg hunt.

There's a lot of room to work with,
and I think the base idea is fine but let's expand a little, even if we are just tweaking it here and there.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Maybe some vvv titles?

I'd personally rather there be a more interesting reason to join vvv than deco or vanity items. Controlling towns in factions at least was something, not great, but something.

StressBall

Adventurer
I am just a new thief and was trying to fung all my other chars armor, ps, mounts etc by stealing sigils and selling the royal forged pardons. Since I started 6 weeks ago the price of the pardon has droped from 20m to 2.9m zero incentive now really

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I am just a new thief and was trying to fung all my other chars armor, ps, mounts etc by stealing sigils and selling the royal forged pardons. Since I started 6 weeks ago the price of the pardon has droped from 20m to 2.9m zero incentive now really
20m for a pardon? Are you on Atlantic?

I don't recall them going beyond 12m but that was on Great Lakes, and that was when it came out.

You can still generally get 6-8m for them there.

I'd just start spacing your sales out more. When you flood the market it's going to drop.

Do you want 2m now or 8m later?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'd personally rather there be a more interesting reason to join vvv than deco or vanity items. Controlling towns in factions at least was something, not great, but something.
Well if it actually meant something and if they gave it more of a system like the ability to set a trade deal for the day or something of that nature I think you'd see more people actually working to control a town if you could get some benefit from doing so... but as it is... no one cares.

And I don't even PvP and I can see that.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well if it actually meant something and if they gave it more of a system like the ability to set a trade deal for the day or something of that nature I think you'd see more people actually working to control a town if you could get some benefit from doing so... but as it is... no one cares.

And I don't even PvP and I can see that.
Yeah imagine that. Give your pvp system purpose and people might have more interest. :p

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I just won an alter, while being the only person in town, like I said, you can abuse it. Of course someone from LB showed up so I exited stage left. :)