• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Registration Open for Ultima Online’s 20th Anniversary Party

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Is there a link specifically to the Hyatt for the room reservations? Or are they going through Broadsword?

I want to sign up, but if I come, I might have non-UO traveling companions that would use the shuttle service and public transportation to go sightseeing at Dulles (IIRC there's an air & space museum annex there) or take public transportation into DC.

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
I highly recommend a visit to that Air and Space museum annex. A caution though... if you have a Garmin GPS, they get the address and directions wrong, and you end up at a highly secure NSA building instead. (Personal experience. :p)

cdavbar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If I could only convince my wife that this is where we should go on vacation this year.

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
The irony on the registration form - it doesn't require an email address.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
I think this is just a preliminary head count.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I dunno showing up and being told.....You're not welcome?
Exactly. Or that they have no ide a who you are, the conference room is full, etc.

Taking emails, then sending a "You're Registered!" mail would have been more professional. Then they could have kept attendees abreast of any changes in the future...like how they expect people to get to the BBQ.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Originally, for some of the events, they had the EMs pick 5 people each from their shard to invite, and after finding out how many RSVPed the intent to attend, put out the general call for attendees, This time, though, they seemed to have skipped that step.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'd believe that except you have to put down your shirt size - which if it's preliminary, then why do that?
Preliminary shirt count? Which sorta makes sense if they haven't settled on a silkscreener/printer yet.

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I suppose - but I'd still think having an email tied to the order is better advised than not that way if someone has a family emergency that eats up their travel funds and they can't go they can cancel their RSVP.

Donger

Visitor
Hey Folks, I'm likely going to this one since it's about 5 minutes from my office. It's about 45m drive into DC so there are a ton of things to see there if you want to take an extra day.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
:facepalm:

From the March newsletter:
We have 150 people signed up already so if you have not done so please think about signing up now as we have a cap of 180 people.
But since none of those 150 people have anything even approaching a confirmation of their registration...

WootSauce

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Signed up and looking forward to it. Really hope that there isn't a situation where people would be turned away. Agreed that an email confirmation or something that guarantees you admittance would have been nice.

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
180 Cap for a 20 year celebration? Charge a few bucks and get in as many as you can to fire things up.

If I am paying to travel all that way and stay. I have no problem paying to cover the BBQ, and t-shirt for example.

While I appreciate the generosity of Broadsword picking up the bill on this, I would rather it be open to as many as can make it.

If I am going to a conference I am paying hundreds of $$$ just to get in.

Mama Faith

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm one who didn't know that I could register even if I wasn't sure I could attend. Doh! Because of that, I missed registration by about an hour. It's my own fault but I really wanted to have an opportunity to meet the many wonderful people I've played with over the last 17 1/2 yrs. If an opening doesn't come along, I hope you all have a blast and I want to see lots of pictures posted. *deep curtsey*

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
WOOT! Just booked my room.

FYI, If you didn't notice it on the log in screen, they have opened some reservation slots for the party. :)