• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Discussing Balance

Status
Not open for further replies.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I play on europa, so you don't have a valid reason to do it on Test center where you can transfer for free... Interesting very interesting.
figured as much... I'm not going to test center to kill you. I was hoping that you would play on Atlantic at least (seeing as the "pvper's" (lol) play there...)

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't pvp and your buddy is still scared of me? :ohsnap:
You don't pvp on Atlantic, thus you don't fight "pvpers". (it's not completely true, but it does explain a lot to everyone here)

I'm not scared of you bud. I was going to record it and everything, instead I recorded someone else dying to me. after I told you
real shard - Atl, LS or GL.
I just don't feel like copying my character to TC1 and copying macros just to kill you. when (if you were a pvper) you'd already be for fighting me on a real Atlantic.

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
figured as much... I'm not going to test center to kill you. I was hoping that you would play on Atlantic at least (seeing as the "pvper's" (lol) play there...)
It takes about 30 seconds to copy macros/character to test. Shut this guy up and show us how dumb he is. I have dealt with a lot of Euorpa trash in my day- the only character than they stand a chance on 1v1 is 4/6 chiv.

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yea, you know what you're taking about (LOL)... says the guy that thinks the template was useless before the "buff" and says it's useless if the "stack" is fixed, good one.
I actually agree that the temp was useless before the buff. The people you may have killed I would guess are really bad.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I actually agree that the temp was useless before the buff. The people you may have killed I would guess are really bad.
Well, that's your opinion (on it being useless) and alot of people still think it's useless. -"It's not the template you choose, it's how you use it!"

I'm curious as to who is "Good" in your opinion though.

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, that's your opinion (on it being useless) and alot of people still think it's useless. -"It's not the template you choose, it's how you use it!"

I'm curious as to who is "Good" in your opinion though.
Since this thread no longer seems to be about balance- let me know some of the people you killed with it and I will give you my opinion on them.

Edit: PM me if that is a thing on this site

Last edited:

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think I read in here at some point that they are planning on fixing double conflags? Does anyone have a link to upcoming changes?

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Folks, I've made numerous warnings on this already... please stop the snippiness and personal swipes.

It doesn't matter what shard you're on or how good you are... everyone is entitled to their opinion when commenting on issues that will ultimately affect both PVP and PVM. Leave your personal issues with one another at the front door.

Thanks.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Conflags do need an altering for sure. They are in tight spots very OP. They are dodge-able I guess. I just hope they don't completely nerf them along with novas and make Alchemy back to useless for a different hybrid element to pvp. But tweak them..maybe make 0-80 Alchemy only able to throw one and at GM Alchemy you can throw double conflags. Drop on suit Enhance potion cap to 35% up Alchemy to 40% at GM. Would drop damage of Novas and conflags, but not make them completely useless. It would open more options for jewls and more hybrid templates. Or keep enhance potions in a suit capped at 50% and up Alchemy at GM to 50% but it doesn't stack. There's plenty of ways to alter and balance it, just don't completely nerf it to useless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think they should hard cap EP at 50, this would give the player a choice to either have EP on jewels or run the skill for the 50 EP. This would lower the overall damage of the potions. Alchemy is a crafting skill anyway, it shouldn't really buff pvp consumables. Alchemy as it is now is broken in its calculations. A greater heal pot does 30 hp at 50 ep and doubles to 60 hp with alchemy which is a 100% bonus not 30% more. If it was me I would remove alchemy from pvp completely, but since they probably won't, I suggest the above solution to it.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Alchemy @100.0 = +50% Base potion effect Then increase that by up to an additional 80% EP.

to me, double conflags are a non-issue. It's considered a "bug" that's the only reason I think it should be fixed. -People won't even consider switching Alchemy to another skill because conflags aren't the problem.

The issue is the amount consumable items heal or deal damage vs Spells & specials that actually take mana and/or have cast times & skill points to make it possible in the first place.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I think they should hard cap EP at 50, this would give the player a choice to either have EP on jewels or run the skill for the 50 EP. This would lower the overall damage of the potions. Alchemy is a crafting skill anyway, it shouldn't really buff pvp consumables. Alchemy as it is now is broken in its calculations. A greater heal pot does 30 hp at 50 ep and doubles to 60 hp with alchemy which is a 100% bonus not 30% more. If it was me I would remove alchemy from pvp completely, but since they probably won't, I suggest the above solution to it.
I never really thought alchemy to be an issue in pvp.

I agree they should be scaled correctly, but that'd be about it.

It's interesting about the healing pot. I'll have to test that tonight.

I've been meaning to try nova damage against a cursed target. If it's only 25 damage even with alchemy vs whatever it without it seems minor to me.

The double conflags can easily double that though if you make the mistake of running through them.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron

So help me out, I went to test center with 100 alchemy and 50 EP on a ring and the heal pots were only doing 36/37.

On a side note Test Center just went down must be patching soon?

Interesting, i took alchemy off and heal pots did the same amount.

Last edited:

chester rockwell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't think 50ep should be equivalent to 100 skill points in alchemy. That should be a non-starter.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So help me out, I went to test center with 100 alchemy and 50 EP on a ring and the heal pots were only doing 36/37.

That's because Alchemy doesn't change Heal potions it makes cures more effective, makes strength agility higher and damage higher for conflags novas. Nova damage is scaled pretty well IMO
50 EP 100 Alchemy on a cursed target novas do 35 damage

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

If healing potions healed the same amount with/without Alchemy, you didn't use enough potions. the minimum healed With Alchemy < maximum without alchemy.

Greater Heal Potions

0 EP + 0 Alchemy = 25 average
0 EP + 100.0 Alchemy = 34 average \
50 EP + 0 alchemy = 35 average /
50 EP + 100.0 Alchemy = 39 average

It scales differently when it comes to potions that deal damage (conflags/supernova) That's where the +50% (Base potion) effect from alchemy skill shines. that's not the same thing as the +30% EP bonus.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
That's because Alchemy doesn't change Heal potions it makes cures more effective, makes strength agility higher and damage higher for conflags novas. Nova damage is scaled pretty well IMO
50 EP 100 Alchemy on a cursed target novas do 35 damage

Really all I was doing was refuting this "A greater heal pot does 30 hp at 50 ep and doubles to 60 hp with alchemy which is a 100% bonus not 30% more." with actual numbers.

I did think it would help more than it did.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
If healing potions healed the same amount with/without Alchemy, you didn't use enough potions. the minimum healed With Alchemy < maximum without alchemy.

Greater Heal Potions

0 EP + 0 Alchemy = 25 average
0 EP + 100.0 Alchemy = 34 average \
50 EP + 0 alchemy = 35 average /
50 EP + 100.0 Alchemy = 39 average

It scales differently when it comes to potions that deal damage (conflags/supernova) That's where the +50% (Base potion) effect from alchemy skill shines. that's not the same thing as the +30% EP bonus.
I used 5 pots on each, and only one did 39 points of healing.

So could be but the dude saying they're doing 60 points of healing is waaayyyyy of base.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I used 5 pots on each, and only one did 39 points of healing.

So could be but the dude saying they're doing 60 points of healing is waaayyyyy of base.
Yea 60 is an over-exaggeration for sure. the most I've been healed by a potion was 43. IMO that's still too much considering it's a consumable item. & Magery> G-heal spell = ~52 but it takes time to cast & is also interruptible.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually, it does. With 50% EP only, I heal mid-30's with gheal pots. With Alchemy I've gotten about 45 with heal pots.
Maybe this is why your so leet at UO! You have special potions!!

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe this is why your so leet at UO! You have special potions!!

Or maybe your math is wrong. Would you like screenshots of me using 50% EP + Alchemy when I chug a gheal pot?

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Or maybe your math is wrong. Would you like screenshots of me using 50% EP + Alchemy when I chug a gheal pot?
Yes, cause if 45 is in fact correct. I'll stand corrected and ponder why mine don't do 45..

ansyears

Adventurer
No one expected you to back up what you say. I just wanted everyone to witness how scared you are.:devil:

I just don't feel like copying my character to TC1 and copying macros just to kill you. when (if you were a pvper) you'd already be for fighting me on a real Atlantic.
P.Elf is correct it takes one minute to copy your character instead you rather troll on the forums ALL day.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No one expected you to back up what you say. I just wanted everyone to witness how scared you are.:devil:

P.Elf is correct it takes one minute to copy your character instead you rather troll on the forums ALL day.
Sorry bud, if you wish to continue, Pm or icq me.... Otherwise we would have set something up when you asked for my ICQ#, but you never ICQ'd me. and you say "I just wanted everyone to witness how scared you are.:devil:", good one.

Give me your icq number if you are willing to test this.
my icq is in my signature genius.... :dunce:
dat troll tho...

ansyears

Adventurer
Sorry bud, if you wish to continue, Pm or icq me.... Otherwise we would have set something up when you asked for my ICQ#, but you never ICQ'd me. and you say "I just wanted everyone to witness how scared you are.:devil:", good one.

dat troll tho...
Why do you bring up icq when you already let us all know you are NOT willing to transfer to test center which takes 60 seconds...not even a good troll

quovadis

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
The only things that needs a bit of change are archery (running shot) and parry. Maybe im a bit biased as i only play a mystic with a mage weapon for the most part its pretty hard to play. I have been 150 hit points to 0 while chugging pots in like 6 seconds running in a straight line to running shots. I think running shot should be used as a "finishing move" not the main source of damage. I see some people suggesting lowering the speed to 1.5 but almost every high skilled archer only runs 1.5. I think you have to lower the damage and lower the hci of running shot..tho i think if you miss it should not cost mana or if it does half of the mana of what it is suppose to cost. (i think leet suggested this). If running shot is changed i think you have to lower the parry % chance as well. Alchy is fine 30sdi mages are fine.
one guys understand pvp
I disagree entirely about giving all mages 30 SDI. Mystic would be head and shoulders ahead of the others if this were the case.

Pure mages should be left alone damage wise (30 SDI)

Mystic is fine the way it is, maybe a small change to nether cyclone as single target damage comparable to a pure mage FS.

To fix necromancy all you need to do is revert the last stupid change (that they did without asking anyone) and make it so that all necros regardless of if they have Margery or not can lower fire/poison to 55.
true corpse proff always be a stupid things,corpse Skin shouldn't need "focused necromancy" to reduce max resists. It should reduce the max resists regardless. Requiring "focused necromancy" does nothing but makes corpse skin useless for Necro Mages. Without reducing the maximum resists, the spell is useless, considering everyone has 90's+ of every resist now a days; and this is one of several reasons that Necro Mages are useless in field pvp.

Bombastic Fail

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not to be a call you a list or anything like that, but he wasn't even cursed in that little .gif. Only corpsed and omened. That's more of an archer problem than a focused necro problem..

Archery hits entirely too hard/fast (best DPS in game) and has the best specials to top it off. Adding to this, the ability to hit at range, with double hit spells, and have a special to hit while moving/running.

Enhance all that with evil omen & corpse skin (focused), that is a recipe for disaster. Curse and stacking isn't even needed.

Edit: Typed this while you were answering also lol.

genchattroll101

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
For the record you got poison striked for the first dmg of that hit, so the conc was probably around 75-80 damage with the omen, i cant slow it down enough to see exactly
If I was cursed for this and my fire/poison dropped to 45 I would've been insta-killed by a conc blow poison strike. I don't care that it's a hit and a spell instead of only a hit, you shouldn't be able to die to two specs/spells with 150 hp... lol

Ignorant people are complaining about alchemy being "too op" it kills "too quick" but no one fkn asked you to stand in max damage conflags lol. However you cannot avoid this damage unless you're consistently spammed with cleansings. Let's be honest, it's broken.

Parthis

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
In fairness geni, it does that like 3/4 people to be able to insta kill you.... Not just one. I personally think corpse shouldn't stack with curse thats just broken. I think we canall agree, but with good team play this damage should be allowed.

genchattroll101

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
In fairness geni, it does that like 3/4 people to be able to insta kill you.... Not just one. I personally think corpse shouldn't stack with curse thats just broken. I think we canall agree, but with good team play this damage should be allowed.
Look at the gif. I was omened by the archer, poison striked by Mike. That's two people. The archer corpsed as well. Let's just put in gats and sniper-rifles in UO as well if we don't care what direction the pvp goes in anymore. I'd love a dark void beretta.

Last edited:

Parthis

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
You really think that archer has time to have a pre casted corpse, then omen and conq before you should of got on screen? It was your silly hide, that almost got you killed. It was a bad play.

Parthis

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Futhermore, you're missing the point they did not insta kill you. You are ALIVE, if you were cursed you would of insta died no doubt, with just that two casts and that would of required another player or you to hang around on screen a little too long again

genchattroll101

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
You really think that archer has time to have a pre casted corpse, then omen and conq before you should of got on screen? It was your silly hide, that almost got you killed. It was a bad play.
Are you dense? Try to pay attention and keep your eyes on my buff bar where I'm corpsed the whole time as I passed the east bridge (from him). He then casted an omen, (fast spell, 2/6...) and conc'd me while the mage held a poison strike. That's two people. That cuts your "fair play dur dur 4 people!" clause in half. It also doesn't require a third player to curse me, there have been tons of archers that run curse scrolls with omen/corpse. If you actually think there's nothing wrong with this, I don't know what to tell you. The point isn't that a group couldn't execute that. It's a problem when 1-2 people can instantly kill you. I could've died if A. I was cursed, B. I got supernova'd, C. He switched to moving shot me, etc..

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
For the record you got poison striked for the first dmg of that hit, so the conc was probably around 75-80 damage with the omen, i cant slow it down enough to see exactly
40 (poison strike)

11 (velocity)
11 (lightening)
15 (concussion)
61 (xbow hit)

138 total damage from two people, the 40 came from one guy, the remaining 98 came from the other guy.

Poison strike obviously wasn't from the archer. It was just a pretty well-timed sync... there was a blade trap in there too it hit just before the players did.

Futhermore, you're missing the point they did not insta kill you. You are ALIVE, if you were cursed you would of insta died no doubt, with just that two casts and that would of required another player or you to hang around on screen a little too long again
If Curse had been used in addition to Corpse+Omen (it was only corpse+omen), it would have been an insta-kill. the problem is Ranged weapons hit just as hard if not Harder than melee weapons & are much easier to attempt an attack, due to range.

genchattroll101

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Don't forget the 47 damage moving shot that could've hit me on top of me being corpsed which probably would've made it hit me for 60.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
The damage burst in that video is ridiculous by any standard.

Status
Not open for further replies.