Everybody is blue nowadays...revamp REDS-PKERS? My ideas...

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 25, 2004
that being said, bashing the devs isnt exactly the way to go to expect them to meet any perceived need for adjustment or updates.
True. But it also sucks when they don't listen to the consumer. I'm not one of those "The customer is always right" people, but when it concerns something we're interested in, our input should be taken into heavy consideration.

For me, I don't care where it is, I just want a fun/challenging fight. It could be at Yew Gate, in a VvV town, at a spawn, or Corgul (while I wasn't aware you could even RAID a Corgul, it was still a lot of fun.) Yes, fighting outnumbered is fun, but having to fight 5+ people on Archers is anything but...and I play a Parry Mage. If they get the dismount/disarm off (and they will), it's over. While it's effective in getting the job done, where's the fun in that?

Reactions: Smoot

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
May 12, 2008
Under Your Bed
And yes, Its my understanding that there were a few pvpers in the focus group. But many more people who spent most of the time discussing the new global loot changes that were implemented at the same time. A lot of the feedback was ignored. Kryonix really did listen in some discussions. But other more radical feedback was dismissed completely the second a couple of pvmers in the focus group complained. The great thing about the VvV system is the flagging, the reduced stat loss. VvV was very successful in the fact many fel players use it. The towns at this point are irrelevant, and need to be re-addressed with more content and rewards.

Old Vet Back Again

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Dec 18, 2014
Were there even any PvP'ers in the focus group for VvV? As I recall, there weren't. But it wouldn't really have helped matters if it was nothing but.

On LS, they don't even like the trashtalk in gen chat. Really? I'm sorry we were interrupting the chat that had absolutely nothing going on. But they'll have houses in Fel, do some PvM there, etc.
Yes, some of the games best and most experienced pvpers were in those groups but they were shut down constantly. One of the VERY first suggestions was to make the VvV horse self res-able....How long did it take for them to update that? If they actually listened to the players suggestion they wouldn't have had to update it months later saving them time to focus on other issues.

I am one of the people advocating for GC to be policed. You are actually a really bad culprit about it. There is absolutely no need for half of the conversation to happen. STFU and pvp

Stop being the problem and start being the solution.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 25, 2004
I am one of the people advocating for GC to be policed. You are actually a really bad culprit about it. There is absolutely no need for half of the conversation to happen. STFU and pvp.
Oh believe me, I'm well aware of that, and I was even doing it last night. However, for me, it's more in an attempt to goad people into fighting me - if you get them mad enough, they'll go after you. Is it douchy behavior? Of course. But that doesn't make it any less effective ;)

As I said earlier, fighting outnumbered (within reason) is fun. So is fighting 1v1. But a great 1v1 fight excites me a hell of a lot more than fighting a group does.

Old Vet Back Again

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Dec 18, 2014
Oh believe me, I'm well aware of that, and I was even doing it last night. However, for me, it's more in an attempt to goad people into fighting me - if you get them mad enough, they'll go after you. Is it douchy behavior? Of course. But that doesn't make it any less effective ;)

As I said earlier, fighting outnumbered (within reason) is fun. So is fighting 1v1. But a great 1v1 fight excites me a hell of a lot more than fighting a group does.

When you compile 3-5 people having "******-bag" behavior and still don't realize the impact you along with them are having on the community as a whole is a serious problem.

In your attempt to "bait" them to fight you by having "******-bag" behavior usually ends up with you dead and crying in GC for a long time. The fight last 3-5 minutes and you bring it into GC for 10x that amount of time. I don't blame the non-pvpers from griping about it. Being a pvper I agree with them that it is completely unnecessary.

At least we only have to put up with your little spurts every 3-6 months because you are rather inactive...

Reactions: sacred fungus

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 25, 2004
I'd PM this if I could, but since I can't: now I'm gonna be racking my brain trying to figure out who you are.

When you compile 3-5 people having "******-bag" behavior and still don't realize the impact you along with them are having on the community as a whole is a serious problem.

In your attempt to "bait" them to fight you by having "******-bag" behavior usually ends up with you dead and crying in GC for a long time. The fight last 3-5 minutes and you bring it into GC for 10x that amount of time. I don't blame the non-pvpers from griping about it. Being a pvper I agree with them that it is completely unnecessary.

At least we only have to put up with your little spurts every 3-6 months because you are rather inactive...
Honestly, I don't blame them either, but LS is, honestly, pretty tame, outside of a few people. Atlantic is 100x worse. As bad as I can be in Gen Chat, I don't like it on Atl, so I just do some shopping from time to time.

Last edited:

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apr 1, 2000
Just don't remove it from Siege :p
Like I said before, remove non-consentual PvP. If you play on Siege, a server dedicated to it, you clearly consent explicitly.
The only change that would fix the broken red vs blue vs grey system would be to make the entire fel facet complete VvV rules. the second you enter fel you are VvV. The only people who you don't agro with aoe's would be anyone green (in your own guild/alliance).
That is really the only solution, and so radical I doubt it would even raise a eyebrow among the devs.

The other fix fel needs is more fel only content. But the all of the pvm's who want the said content, will resort to insulting fel players like they always do, and threaten to quit the game because they can't have that stuff without buying it or going to fel.

Its the same argument and cycle over and over and over again.
Change "going red" to "get a one week temporary ban from that character every time you kill someone who gives you a count"

Last edited:

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Sep 21, 2014
This whole thread seems to contradict itself. It started with needing incentives for the murder system to how reds are still being needed for harrowers etc.

Correct me if I'm wrong, if Reds are still viable, then why do we need any incentives?

Reactions: Acid Rain

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Sep 21, 2014
Like I

Change "going red" to "get a one week temporary ban from that character every time you kill someone who gives you a count"
:postcount:

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 25, 2009
There's a lot of talk about introducing new pvp systems, VvV was a nice attempt by the devs and i think people did apprecicate it although the novelty has somewhat worn off. The introduction of these new artifacts has made some of the VvV artififacts less desirable (namely the VvV crimson)

You'll find the pvp economy looks after itself, all you have to do is create the correct conditions. It's all about supply and demand. The ability to shard transfer has destroyed most pvp. People will mine champs on non populated shards and just import/export what they want. As good as mining them offline.

I suggested in the test phase that masteries be made shard bound, but they are not shard bound. Perhaps the devs just missed it, i dunno.

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
May 12, 2008
Under Your Bed
Thank you for your well reasoned post debating my suggestion.

What a well reasoned post, thanks!
Reasonable responses usually require reasonable statements. :lick:

Reactions: drcossack

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Nov 27, 2013
Your solution was to temp ban people for Pking in a pvp Zone. I was at such a loss for words after reading your post that I could only post a facepalm.

"Excuse me sir, anyone who shoots a gun in this gun range should be kicked our for a week"
" Um, I don't like how loud the music is at this heavy metal concert, they should be fined"
"This bbq pork restaurant should be fined for not having more kosher items"
"Things should be punished for no reason other than that I don't like the way they are"

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Nov 18, 2014
I know this thread was about lack of reds. make royal pardons one time use. easy. my red will never be blue. devs stop screwing things up, especially for non VvV people.

Kiss Of Death

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 8, 2007
Hello people.

First of all thank you for so many replies to my thread. It means there is still lot of interest in Felucca.

I read mostly all the comments, some good ideas and some idiot ones...

Felucca is felucca, if you enter there, you can be killed , no matter what. There is guardzone still in all the cities so ....no reason why to cry.

I think tbh we should have the following things to revamp pvp:

1- new bounty system
2- blood town bonus for reds
3- being able to organize " last man standing event" at Jhelom pit ( with similar menu of ARENA in Occlo) , being able to organize " Deceit Run" in deceit dungeon ( with a context menu too) . Being able to organize " capture the flag event" in any of the old faction bases ( with a context menu here too). You can also put prizes for the winners .... or you can challenge another guild for gold and the winner takes the money.... It would be a funny way to pvp against guilds or people.
4-revamp for VVV, it was a good idea, now it's useless...
5- Move Bucs Den from the server lines
BEST THING WOULD BE FREE ACCOUNTS ....if you just play FEL ruleset...but you cannot use legendaries or reforged items. Just imbued items...and arties ofc...

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Aug 21, 2000
Great Lakes
uorpc.net
The biggest problem with the Bounty System was that say you put a Bounty on "Joe PKer" Well Joe PKers' buddy Johnny Dorkas says to Joe PKer.... "Hey split the reward with you!" And Joe says "Yeck yeah man!" So Johnny kills Joe and they both split the reward...

Now if there was a way to do bounties without them being exploited then that would be cool... I loved the bounty system and as for now there is no reason to do much of anything PvP. I don't kill just to kill... And Justice is just lame. But if there were a reason to go out and hunt Reds would be more interesting... Now just giving me a stupid title is Meh. I thought about loads of things that would make it more fun... but honestly unless it's more balanced it's really not fun at all.

I'm sorry but being on both sides of things I can say I find ZERO fun in getting Ganked 5:1.... and I find it just boring to be in a group of 5 or 10 on one... it's like whooo that took all of 2 seconds... might have hit the person once... maybe but BORING...

Now perhaps if there were real benefits or something to killing Reds or even becoming Red... might be more interesting... Might be kinda cool if when you killed another player you got a deed saying you killed "Johnny Dorkas" or something... then maybe a turn in system to turning in those perhaps one for Reds and one for Blues... Which you might then get some prize for turning them in... or points toward stuff like the VvV stuff..... old faction gear etc...

But as for turning VvV lose on the all the world.... no. That would make doing EM events a bigger cluster than they are...

But don't know. Personally I prefer doing RP PvP when it has a reason to be done. Defending a town... taking a town... Raiding a Caravan..... etc. I mean if you all are so hip on just fighting how come you don't all just hang out at the Arena's and do that???!?! Isn't that what they were made for? Dueling?

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
May 12, 2008
I just love Uhall.

Old Vet Back Again

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Dec 18, 2014
Merge Felucca Faccets into 1(maybe 2 East/West)
Revamp Champ spawns
Delete T2A
Revamp VvV to make it actually worth doing
Create a balance between PvP and PvM, so those that do not wish to fight can still participate by PvMing for the PvPer's.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
May 12, 2008
Remove non-consentual PvP from UO
Fact of the matter is, UO's PvM is not what UO is most well known for, nor is PvM UO's legacy on the genre. Whenever gaming media or players in other games mention UO, the one thing they talk about is how hardcore UO's PvP was. You don't hear a single peep about UO's PvM. There have been MMORPGs directly inspired by oldschool UO's PvP, that have attempted to emulate it, such as Darkfall Online/Darkfall Unholy Wars and Mortal Online.

PvP is a strong part of UO's heritage and identity, and never should be "gotten rid of".

cobb

Sage
Stratics Veteran
May 28, 2015
Allow reds to join a city or give them bucs den. Reds are people too... :)
I like the idea. Currently Bucs Den serves no purpose whatsoever. It's just an empty island that nobody goes to.

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Feb 25, 2004
VA
Where? I only see a few orange, that may be red too but they are rare
i was collecting 18th anniversary gifts and came across 2 idocs within the walls of luna. most of the players camping the idocs were reds who tried to kill me every time they tracked me. in the end it was all good because i was able to place a house and set up 2 vendors. :smile2:

Reactions: Lord Frodo

I Actually PVP

Adventurer
Oct 19, 2015
I made an account just for this one post.

Fore everyone that are blaming forged pardons for the lack of reds, and suggesting you can just get rid of them and there will be reds again YOU ARE WRONG!

The reason everyone in pvp has gone blue is because of THE TOWN BONUSES!

THAT'S IT.

Even without forged pardons, these bonuses provide such an advantage in pvp/suit building (particularly the +1 FC & extra stamina) that I'd gladly create a new character every now and then, buy new 120 powerscrolls and just transfer everything over to a new character.

As OP said, unless there is a town bonus equivalent for reds, no one who is smart and can afford it, is going to bother playing a murderer.

Previously, avoiding random stat loss was a bug which encouraged many people to create new blue chars. That was just an inconvenience that some (mostly those that couldn't afford to make new chars/buy new ps') just played through.

Town bonuses aren't an inconvenience; right now, you're at an outright disadvantage being red.

Introduce red town bonuses and you'll see more reds (people at least won't be actively avoiding it)

Last edited:
Reactions: CovenantX and Smoot

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Sep 21, 2014
I made an account just for this one post.

Fore everyone that are blaming forged pardons for the lack of reds, and suggesting you can just get rid of them and there will be reds again YOU ARE WRONG!

The reason everyone in pvp has gone blue is because of THE TOWN BONUSES!

THAT'S IT.

Even without forged pardons, these bonuses provide such an advantage in pvp/suit building (particularly the +1 FC & extra stamina) that I'd gladly create a new character every now and then, buy new 120 powerscrolls and just transfer everything over to a new character.

As OP said, unless there is a town bonus equivalent for reds, no one who is smart and can afford it, is going to bother playing a murderer.

Previously, avoiding random stat loss was a bug which encouraged many people to create new blue chars. That was just an inconvenience that some (mostly those that couldn't afford to make new chars/buy new ps') just played through.

Town bonuses aren't an inconvenience; right now, you're at an outright disadvantage being red.

Introduce red town bonuses and you'll see more reds (people at least won't be actively avoiding it)
There might be some merit to this, but I've never bothered building a suit around a town bonus.

i took a good deal of my reds blue since there wasn't a point not to.

For 5 mil or 10k silver you can have a fully functioning character.

Seems like a no brainer, I mean why would you build a whole new character costing millions when you can just eat 5 mil for a pardon?

It's not that they probably couldn't afford it, it's just they had the common sense to weigh the costs.

I've since moved some of my "reds" I've turned blue to other shards.

I Actually PVP

Adventurer
Oct 19, 2015
There might be some merit to this, but I've never bothered building a suit around a town bonus.

i took a good deal of my reds blue since there wasn't a point not to.

For 5 mil or 10k silver you can have a fully functioning character.

Seems like a no brainer, I mean why would you build a whole new character costing millions when you can just eat 5 mil for a pardon?

It's not that they probably couldn't afford it, it's just they had the common sense to weigh the costs.

I've since moved some of my "reds" I've turned blue to other shards.
I think you misunderstood me.

I'm saying that even without a 5m pardon, I'd gladly spend 15-20m on scrolling out a new char just so I can use the town bonuses.

Before forged pardons, when faction stat loss was bugged and blues could make you go stat, many people that could afford it, made brand new chars to avoid the random blue stats. Those that couldn't afford to do that, played through the inconvenience of getting statted by guards and blues.

Whether you use them or not, that's your choice, but a free +1 FC or extra stam is a noticeable advantage when it comes to making suits, squeezing skills in on jewlery and can severely impact your pvp capabilities.

Reds should have this option too. Otherwise, just make everyone blue and have everyone in fel turn orange (at least that'd be a level playing field).

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Aug 1, 2008
The only reason any chars I PvP on are blue is because of town bonus... Put a version of that in for reds and it'd help so much.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Sep 21, 2014
I think you misunderstood me.

I'm saying that even without a 5m pardon, I'd gladly spend 15-20m on scrolling out a new char just so I can use the town bonuses.

Before forged pardons, when faction stat loss was bugged and blues could make you go stat, many people that could afford it, made brand new chars to avoid the random blue stats. Those that couldn't afford to do that, played through the inconvenience of getting statted by guards and blues.

Whether you use them or not, that's your choice, but a free +1 FC or extra stam is a noticeable advantage when it comes to making suits, squeezing skills in on jewlery and can severely impact your pvp capabilities.

Reds should have this option too. Otherwise, just make everyone blue and have everyone in fel turn orange (at least that'd be a level playing field).

i guess I don't get what you're saying, the two seem to be separate issues.

What does stat loss have to do with town bonuses? Town bonuses were introduced with city elections if i remember right which is only a few years old. By this point factions was pretty much dead.

Besides that wasnt a bug, it was intentionally coded that way because people were blowing themselves up or getting guard whacked to avoid going into stat loss. It was coded that if an orange did the majority of the damage you'd go into stat loss. If this isn't what you're referring to then I have no idea.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Sep 1, 2014
Long Island, New York
Remove non-consentual PvP from UO
Go play Pac Man.

Thank you for your well reasoned post debating my suggestion.

What a well reasoned post, thanks!
Thank you for the continued smugness, as your signature quote clearly shows how highly you feel about yourself.

Like I said before, remove non-consentual PvP. If you play on Siege, a server dedicated to it, you clearly consent explicitly.

I heard Barbie is coming out with a new Corvette this year. You can put your "My Little Ponies" in the back of it too.

I Actually PVP

Adventurer
Oct 19, 2015
Go play Pac Man.

Thank you for the continued smugness, as your signature quote clearly shows how highly you feel about yourself.

I heard Barbie is coming out with a new Corvette this year. You can put your "My Little Ponies" in the back of it too.
Great comebacks, bro. Now stop derailing the thread, we were actually on to something here and it'd be great if the devs actually noticed.

Back on topic: Include town bonuses for reds and there'd actually be red players again!

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Sep 1, 2014
Long Island, New York
Great comebacks, bro. Now stop derailing the thread, we were actually on to something here and it'd be great if the devs actually noticed.

Back on topic: Include town bonuses for reds and there'd actually be red players again!
You weren't onto anything that hasn't been said before, chief.

Red players who are in VvV have option of getting VvV items with bumped up mods that non-PVPer's don't have. This offsets lack of town bonus, albeit in a different way.

I'm all about more PvP, more Fel rulesets and more reds... but the issue lay deeper than offering red's town bonuses. There needs to be new Fel-specific content, as power scrolls are old now and VvV has had mixed results thus far.

Reactions: OREOGL

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Apr 12, 2001
Denmark
i was collecting 18th anniversary gifts and came across 2 idocs within the walls of luna. most of the players camping the idocs were reds who tried to kill me every time they tracked me. in the end it was all good because i was able to place a house and set up 2 vendors. :smile2:
I guess a Luna house is worth killing for or die for :p
Other days, you may see the do champ spawn together, including the reds.
Congrats with the house :thumbup1:

I Actually PVP

Adventurer
Oct 19, 2015
Red players who are in VvV have option of getting VvV items with bumped up mods that non-PVPer's don't have. This offsets lack of town bonus, albeit in a different way.
And blue players in VvV get artifacts AND town bonuses...which is why everyone is playing a blue...which is why this thread was created in the first place...

Also, when most every pvp guild is in VvV, I don't see how creating new content = playing red reds. It's just going to OJ's fighting over any new, fel-only content (much like it is now). Don't see how new content = more reds.

Reactions: cholupa

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apr 1, 2000
Fact of the matter is, UO's PvM is not what UO is most well known for, nor is PvM UO's legacy on the genre. Whenever gaming media or players in other games mention UO, the one thing they talk about is how hardcore UO's PvP was. You don't hear a single peep about UO's PvM. There have been MMORPGs directly inspired by oldschool UO's PvP, that have attempted to emulate it, such as Darkfall Online/Darkfall Unholy Wars and Mortal Online.

PvP is a strong part of UO's heritage and identity, and never should be "gotten rid of".
They talk about it all the time, but none of them sub to do it.

Just like slavery is part of America's heritage, it should go by the wayside.

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apr 1, 2000
Go play Pac Man.

I'm the most important person in the world, and my views are the best.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Sep 1, 2014
Long Island, New York
And blue players in VvV get artifacts AND town bonuses...which is why everyone is playing a blue...which is why this thread was created in the first place...

Also, when most every pvp guild is in VvV, I don't see how creating new content = playing red reds. It's just going to OJ's fighting over any new, fel-only content (much like it is now). Don't see how new content = more reds.
I equally don't see how town bonuses = more reds. I think you over estimate how successful this would be in creating more reds.

Also, considering all of the drama the surrounds the governor election processes (which ultimately determine the town bonuses), do we really want PVP intertwined in all that hullabaloo as well? I don't think so.

The virtue towns should be for the virtuous. If any bonuses are going to be given to reds, it needs to be separate system... i.e., certain dungeons will always offer the same bonus, so that they're not tied to an election.

I'm the most important person in the world, and my views are the best.
DERP.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Sep 21, 2014

Since we are back to topic feel free to give a rebuttal after my previous comment to you.

Town bonuses are not the reason people do not play reds. Even if you gave them the same town bonuses, then what?

You think reds will make a dramatic entrance back into the game? No, probably not since there is no point crippling a character that receives no other benefits than they were already getting as a blue.

Reactions: Merlin

I Actually PVP

Adventurer
Oct 19, 2015
Since we are back to topic feel free to give a rebuttal after my previous comment to you.

Town bonuses are not the reason people do not play reds. Even if you gave them the same town bonuses, then what?

You think reds will make a dramatic entrance back into the game? No, probably not since there is no point crippling a character that receives no other benefits than they were already getting as a blue.
Ok, literally, all I do in UO is pvp . That's it. The same is true for about 80% of my guild.

Town bonuses are the ONLY reason that I don't have a red anymore and the only reason that I am making a concerned effort to keep my players blue. The same is true for @Cetric and the same is true for the vast majority of my guild and other pvp guilds that I've talked to.

If you gave fel the same town bonuses or dungeon bonuses or whatever (it doesn't matter how you get the buff, it just matters that it's available), then myself, Cetric and others would stop deleting every single red character we have and wouldn't mind playing them for the most part.

My point isn't to create a huge influx of reds, it's just to stop them from being actively deleted. My point is, right now, you are at a DISTINCT DISADVANTAGE playing a red(as I've said, town buffs allow for suits and templates that would not otherwise be possible). If there were balance between red/blue pvpers wouldn't care what color they are.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Sep 1, 2014
Long Island, New York
My point is, right now, you are at a DISTINCT DISADVANTAGE playing a red(as I've said, town buffs allow for suits and templates that would not otherwise be possible). If there were balance between red/blue pvpers wouldn't care what color they are.
The primary two town buffs we ever even see are SSI and SDI, it seems like this is the case for atleast 6 or 7 of the Atlantic towns. Maybe here and there someone will have the FC bonus, but hardly anyone even uses the HCI bonus (if a town in Atlantic has it... please let me know as I'd like to use it myself). Almost all of the other bonuses are worthless.

However, saying that entire templates and suits would not otherwise be possible just isn't the case. The SDI cap in PvP is somewhat low and can easily be reached with the right gear or jewels. The SSI bonus is +5%. While sure you can save some imbuing weight on your suit and jewels by having this available by a town bonus, you're over-exaggerating by implying that not having those bonuses available to you prevents you entirely from using certain suits and templates.

Last edited:

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Mar 9, 2015
i agree with the OP and @I Actually PVP @Cetric etc.
why should somebody be red at the moment when all usefull buffs etc you get for being VVV or Citizen.

Old Vet Back Again

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Dec 18, 2014
The primary two town buffs we ever even see are SSI and SDI, it seems like this is the case for atleast 6 or 7 of the Atlantic towns. Maybe here and there someone will have the FC bonus, but hardly anyone even uses the HCI bonus (if a town in Atlantic has it... please let me know as I'd like to use it myself). Almost all of the other bonuses are worthless.

However, saying that entire templates and suits would not otherwise be possible just isn't the case. The SDI cap in PvP is somewhat low and can easily be reached with the right gear or jewels. The SSI bonus is +5%. While sure you can save some imbuing weight on your suit and jewels by having this available by a town bonus, you're over-exaggerating by implying that not having those bonuses available to you prevents you entirely from using certain suits and templates.
I currently have a toon that is 870 points and would not be functioning without the fc1 town bonus. There are templates and suits that would not be possible if it were not for these town buffs. In regards to the most popular, what you stated might be accurate for pvm, but not for pvp. PvP utilizes a wide variety depending on the template.

I Actually PVP

Adventurer
Oct 19, 2015

Dude, talking about imbuing weights and HCI as an important buff?!?!?! I really have to assume now that you either a) don't pvp too competitively or you b) don't pvp at all. HCI is useless town buff because HCI is just so easy to get. SSI on the other hand (now that 211 archers are pretty much the standard) is the difference between having to find a piece worth hundreds of millions/billions and being able to use a ring/brace or piece of armor that is overloaded with skills and stats. On my archer (who has a semi decent ring/brace combo) I get an additional 50 skill points from my ring and brace. That's ONLY possible because I don't need to worry about ssi and stam due to the town bonus.

As for the FC1, I've always had access to that buff. Before pvp moved to LS, my guild had that buff on lockdown because we all based our suits and temps around it.

Your point just screams of poor information and lack of pvp investment/knowledge.

P.S. Who the hell pvps with imbued suits anymore??

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Sep 1, 2014
Long Island, New York
I currently have a toon that is 870 points and would not be functioning without the fc1 town bonus. There are templates and suits that would not be possible if it were not for these town buffs. In regards to the most popular, what you stated might be accurate for pvm, but not for pvp. PvP utilizes a wide variety depending on the template.
I respectfully disagree.

I have an extremely hard time believing that the lack of 1 FC would make your entire template invalidated. Seriously... what would change on your template? FC goes from 4 to 3, or 2 to 1, something along those lines? Would that make this toon completely unplayable? Really?

I understand all the PvPer's want to have perfect suits with as many maxxxed out mods and skills as possible, but the implication that these are some sort of absolute requirement is being over blown.

Dude, talking about imbuing weights and HCI as an important buff?!?!?! I really have to assume now that you either a) don't pvp too competitively or you b) don't pvp at all. HCI is useless town buff because HCI is just so easy to get. SSI on the other hand (now that 211 archers are pretty much the standard) is the difference between having to find a piece worth hundreds of millions/billions and being able to use a ring/brace or piece of armor that is overloaded with skills and stats. On my archer (who has a semi decent ring/brace combo) I get an additional 50 skill points from my ring and brace. That's ONLY possible because I don't need to worry about ssi and stam due to the town bonus.

As for the FC1, I've always had access to that buff. Before pvp moved to LS, my guild had that buff on lockdown because we all based our suits and temps around it.

Your point just screams of poor information and lack of pvp investment/knowledge.

P.S. Who the hell pvps with imbued suits anymore??
You clearly missed my point and got hung up on my mention of HCI. If you want to begin flaming one another... please refer to your own previous posts about not wanting to derail the thread.