• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[UO.Com] Publish 90 Part 1 Time of legends

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well yes and no. Back in the Vanquishing days you really couldn't buy your way to victory. There really wasn't much to buy. It was really timing and luck. Usually the victory went to the person that had the element of surprise. Which was more important your karma or using poison? Timing of the potion used. It really wasn't like it is today where you really can buy victory if that's the important thing to you. I miss those ebay days though. 400 bucks for a mage tower paid for my 3 accounts for a year. That was the moment when the wife thought I wasn't completely nuts glued to the game all the time, lol. The more complex you make things like PvP the less that participate. There just becomes more and more factors till only the most dedicated bother to keep up with it. At least that's what happened to me. I have another game for the PvP thing that is pretty basic and really fun so if I get the urge I can get my kicks there. But UO was never a "fair game" and usually back in the day it was about 5 reds come zooming in and kill ya in about 10 seconds. When you came back with your buddies they were long gone. Very rarely was there ever a one on one duel or any of that. UO has never really had a grip on PvP. But to circle back UO really has become heavily reliant on items and the good stuff is pricey. It's a real turn off to new players. But whatcha gonna do, just gonna ride it out as it winds down.
Remember me the one who got slammed for saying Age of ****, that is the total turning point to UO item base. I am fully aware of what UO was and is and you need to take into account to whom I was talking to trying to say there was no items when RG was here, yes there were items just different one. I never stated people used thos eto fight with, that was stupid to take a chance to lose it. People displayed them just like they do rares. Yes totally agree that PvP and even PvM were all about skill and timing and today it is about what you wear.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
On another note - please do see my other post about possibly splitting up threads related to the new publish and putting some stickies up for what will likely be a lot of various discussions on the public testing of the upcoming expansion.
Lets not....how many things are on TC1 right now? TOO MANY STICKIES!!! lol

We just need to act like adults and discuss this stuff all proper-like :)

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Remember me the one who got slammed for saying Age of ****, that is the total turning point to UO item base. I am fully aware of what UO was and is and you need to take into account to whom I was talking to trying to say there was no items when RG was here, yes there were items just different one. I never stated people used thos eto fight with, that was stupid to take a chance to lose it. People displayed them just like they do rares. Yes totally agree that PvP and even PvM were all about skill and timing and today it is about what you wear.
I wasn't really disagreeing with you. Just throwing my opinion and personal experience into it.

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A lot of people, like me, do in fact enjoy the "wild west" aspect UO has to offer. This include "pay-to-win", thieving, the rougher aspects of PVP, the robust economy, so on and so forth.

To paraphrase Bonnie: 'Win any way you want to win'. Pay to win was not excluded. It's not a negative aspect of this game, or any, that pay to win is apart of them. In a game like this that is like 18 years old, it is very hard for newbies to get started and really compete. Most new players don't have the patience to play for years just to get up to that level. They will lose their patience, and move onto anothe game or form of entertainment. Pay to win is an option to atleast be competitive and feel good about yourself in game in a relatively short amount of time. And for that reason, I hate to say it but pay to win is a significant part of the future of this game. There is nothing wrong with doing it

But I understand where you're coming from we just have different perspectives ;)

On another note - please do see my other post about possibly splitting up threads related to the new publish and putting some stickies up for what will likely be a lot of various discussions on the public testing of the upcoming expansion.
You are entitled to your opinion, and I respect that. I don't however believe a player must play for years to achieve success. All of that can be done pretty much on the short term. Yes there is a period of time that the new player must "stick it out" in order to learn the game, but it is not a measure of years to get fully acclimated. It's up to the player, how motivated they are to learn and how attracted they are to the game to stay to get to that level. If you play one hour per week. Sure, it could take a year or longer. But if they are as crazy as you and I, I would call it more along the lines of "weeks" or "months" at the most.

As far as splitting threads, I am not sure how many people realize how much time that takes on a thread like this one. Add some post reports in the mix and you have a colossal mess. Post your subject thread. Trust me, it will remain at the top for a while. :) There is a massive audience on this one, which by the way, we should be grateful for that. There are MANY people following this expansion.

I thank you all for keeping personal attacks out of this thread save for a few exceptions. I was expecting to not get any sleep tonight.

Lady CaT

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Polaris75,

You don't need a single gold piece when you have skill and knowledge. I play that way every day and could care less about gold.
I have no issues getting event items or competing in PVP and PVM.
I've found that armor ignore weapons will pierce expensive 2 billion dollar suits just as easily as cheap suits.

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I guess I shouldn't be surprised by the endless moaning here on good ol' wonderful Stratics. However, in the limited amount of time I've been on these forums, one of the topics people have whined and complained about the most has been gold checks. "Gold check suck!" "Gold checks enable the dupers." "The developer's must be in bed with the dupers because they haven't done anything to stop them". Blah blah blah. We heard it time and time again.

Now they address the system, do away with gold checks, and everyone is still whining and moaning like a bunch of Octogenarian widows. It's pathetic.

Oh you tried the new banking gump once and don't understand every single command yet? The release hasn't even been alive one day yet, give it some time. Rome wasn't built over night. It's going to take just a little bit of trial and error to get used to it and fully understand. The options make banking more secure and will effectively stop most duping of gold.

1 platinum for 1 billion gold is perfect. There would have been too much platinum if they had it equal to only 1 million.

Good job developers! Can't wait for full release of Publish 90!
The whining is because the system should be SIMPLE. And EASY like every other damn game that has currency. Your paperdoll has a gump with your bank balance. Always.

And a two money system that has a scale of 1 to 1 Billion is completely stupid. Oh gee - do we really need 1 to 1B? At 1 to 1M do you know what a 60,000 k stack of platinium would be? 60 Billion gold. One single stack of current gold coin limitation. Show me someone with 60 Billion gold. Please.

I guess this is good though. I can sell off all my stuff. Store it in a few platinum pieces and put my accounts to sleep. I see some pretty awful coding here so far and something that has taken what 2-3 years to develop? You would think maybe someone could add a single field on the paperdoll with a bank balance. 1m gold to 1 platinum. Top of gump Platinum 2,456 Gold 856,000 DONE!

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It keeps coming up about how much money one has. Click on your tune. Click item insurance menu. Right there it says exactly how much you've got and you don't even need to be anywhere near a bank. Real handy when out shopping.
But why should you have to do this?? Can't you just carry your balance with you on your gump now that its shard wide??? Every other game can do this. Its just crazy.

Polaris75

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Polaris75,

You don't need a single gold piece when you have skill and knowledge. I play that way every day and could care less about gold.
I have no issues getting event items or competing in PVP and PVM.
I've found that armor ignore weapons will pierce expensive 2 billion dollar suits just as easily as cheap suits.
I hope so, I will be testing that soon enough. :) :) I don't take losing easy... (for humor) I even jumped over to 10luckyfingers to test my typing today after pages 2-3 of this thread... lol. Top 98.5% was highest I got until my fingers gave out.... which was sadly only 118 wpm still not enough for the top 20. :p :p That's what OCD does, but everyone who plays Ultima I think knows about that. There are some smart cats on here... that's for sure.

Thanks Devs for all the hard work and for help at the IDOCs too. There is some good stuff with this expansion.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just tested some of the Macing Masteries.
"Toughness" gives +27 Health at 120 Macing/GM Tactics, and +30 Health at 120 Macing/120 Tactics. It drains 20 Mana (affected by LMC) every 3 secs while active.
I tested "Stagger" against High Plains Bouras and Greater Dragons for PvM, and against my other guilded char for PvP, and the results are mixed and interesting. In PvM, as far as i could tell, Stagger doesn't do as much damage as AI against high Resist targets, and doesn't do as much damage as Double Strike against low Resist targets, however, it severely slows down the melee attack speed of the victim. In PvP, with 150 STR, 100 DI, 120 Macing and 120 Tactics and a Iron War Axe, Stagger was dealing 20-29 damage against a 70 Phys Res player, and would apply a -60% SSI debuff for 10 seconds, going into the negatives. So, Stagger is mainly a defensive ability to be used once every 10 secs basically.
Macing has basically just been relegated to "Tank" for PvM, but still doesn't have good weapon selection, unless ToL is adding more with Eodon.

Last edited:

Polaris75

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just tested some of the Macing Masteries.
"Toughness" gives +27 Health at 120 Macing/GM Tactics, and +30 Health at 120 Macing/120 Tactics. It drains 20 Mana (affected by LMC) every 3 secs while active.
I tested "Stagger" against High Plains Bouras and Greater Dragons for PvM, and against my other guilded char for PvP, and the results are mixed and interesting. In PvM, as far as i could tell, Stagger doesn't do as much damage as AI against high Resist targets, and doesn't do as much damage as Double Strike against low Resist targets, however, it severely slows down the melee attack speed of the victim. In PvP, with 150 STR, 100 DI, 120 Macing and 120 Tactics and a Iron War Axe, Stagger was dealing 20-29 damage against a 70 Phys Res player, and would apply a -60% SSI debuff for 10 seconds.
That seems intense for PvP. :) Should be interesting....

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Are you for real? I have been playing for 18+ years and UO has always been somewhat an Item Based game, Guess you never had Vanq or Silver stuff before. Age of Shadows turned UO into a total item based game which came LONG before Imbuing. UO always had the haves and havenots and it always will. Why do you think GOLD sold on EBay for well over $100 a mil and Castles went for $2,000+ but you would know nothing of that because the way you speak of UO you were most definitely NOT there.
Mages could also run around butt naked with nothing more than a reg bag back then, and kill people.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just tested Bushido Mastery a little.
"Anticipate Hit", with GM Bushido, Confidence gives +80 HPR for 4 secs, and restores 1-10 Health and 1-21 Stamina per successful Parry, with a 60% chance to reduce the Confidence HPR heal by 75% when hit, instead of completely losing it. With 120 Bushido, Confidence gives +100 HPR for 4 secs, and restore 1-12 Health and 1-25 Stamina per successful Parry, with a 80% chance to reduce Confidence HPR heal by 75% when hit, instead of completely losing it.
"Warcry" is hard to test, since it has a ridiculous 1 hour cooldown. At 110 Bushido and 120 Wep Skill, it gave me 47% Damage Reduction against all targets within 3-4 tiles of me, for like 5 seconds or so. The long cooldown, just kills the usefulness of this ability.

Last edited:

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Is there some point to this? Is it people are harsh on the devs? Might be a reason for that.
yes there is a reason, some people have not learned how to behave in a mature and respectful way!.
You can post in a constructive and respectful way and still tell, what you feel is good and bad.
If Devs have to read posts like yours, to get some useful info from testing and useful opinions, they will have less time to fix the game.
Frustrations about how the new stuff works are useful info too as new and returning players may feel that way too. Just post it in a better way.

Maybe Mods need to remove some posts, that break the rules about showing respect to others including Devs

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just did some testing Chivalry Mastery.
"Rejuvenate" with 100 Chivalry and 120 Wep Skill completely restored the Health/Stamina/Mana of my other char, but has a 3 hour cooldown.

"Holy Fist" with 100 Chivalry, 120 Wep Skill, and 26k Karma, did 123 damage to a Lich Lord. With 120 Chivalry, 120 Wep Skill and 26k Karma, it did 190 damage to the same Lich Lord. With 100 Chivalry, 120 Wep Skill, and 26k Karma, Holy Fist did 19-20 damage to a player with 75 Energy Resist. With 120 Chivalry, 120 Wep Skill, and 26k Karma, Holy Fist did 29-30 damage to the same player with 75 Energy Resist. It is affected by FC/FCR and has no cooldown, but is Mana intensive, with a base Mana cost of 40 (affected by LMC). Holy Fist does not deal extra damage to players in Necro Forms. A 100% Spell Reflection Pool was completely consumed reflecting a single 120 Chiv Holy Fist, although the reflected Holy Fist did no damage to the aggressor.

Last edited:

Polaris75

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Would like to doubly apologize to all... Ultima rocks so much. Life's hard right now and it's easy to get upset about my alternate life. I love UO... rock on red peeps... rares collectors all. *Just wasted 41m buying my first Thank You Nappa, glacial Mesanna rose and got a little tipsy.* First place to come... apologize to my UO peeps and devs. Peace out all... gonna watch these guys kill each other and talk trash some more. :) :)

Spock's Beard

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I'm sort of on the same page as Theo.

What if platinum were simply a virtual commodity to be traded with the bank at a fixed ratio? One million gold buys one platinum, and one platinum buys one million gold, and it's all done simply by clicking on a "convert" button and typing a valid number.

Bank balances over a billion gold would have the excess converted into platinum. Deposits that would bring an account over a billion will be converted to platinum. One billion gold would just be the sort of maximum wallet size in terms of how much gold you could have out. Since that's more than enough for vendor shopping, and since players can convert and trade platinum among themselves freely anyway, nobody cares. Apparently digits up to a billion are okay, so there doesn't need to be any plausible cap on platinum.

Uh... voila?

Spock's Beard

Sage
Stratics Veteran
This necromancy Command Undead stuff is even better than I expected. I thought it would just be an Animate Dead buff, but now I'm like some kind of undead tamer.

Could it possibly work on Animate Dead subjects, converting them into more dependable "blue pets" and allowing you to animate more red ones?

And could it make them recall bonded? I'd love to be able to recall around with some minions on my necro dexer.

Spock's Beard

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Oi, bug report: Necromancy mastery Conduit seems to think it's a Magery spell and disarms the caster if they're not using a spell channeling weapon.

As a Necro dexer who actually has spirit speak and uses his spells, me no likey.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just did some toying around with Necro Mastery. "Command Undead" in particular.

"Command Undead" with 120 Necro/120 SS, was easily able to take control of a Lich Lord, with him taking 2 Control Slots and me being able to give him commands like any other pet. However, the Lich Lord no longer cast Necro spells once controlled, the Life Leech only applied to his melee attacks, and oddly enough, he could be healed via Magery or Vet Healing, despite being Undead.

A Skeletal Dragon with 130.0 Barding Difficulty was easily controlled, and still retained his Necro spells. His Wither and Poison Strike would hit me though, and aggro him to me. He too, was only 2 Control Slots. The Skeletal Dragon is surprisingly powerful, with high base damage melee attacks (which lends him tankiness via Life Leech), and a very aggressive spellcasting AI. He hits harder than even a tamed Greater Dragon.

Rotting Corpses can be controlled as well. I wonder if Ancient Liches can be controlled, since they're only 5 Barding Difficulty above Skeletal Dragons and Rotts. The Named Undead in Bedlam cannot be controlled. Paragons cannot be controlled. Multiple Undead can be controlled at once, so you can have 2 Skeletal Dragons while riding an Ethy.

Last edited:

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Just did some testing Chivalry Mastery.
"Rejuvenate" with 100 Chivalry and 120 Wep Skill completely restored the Health/Stamina/Mana of my other char, but has a 3 hour cooldown.

"Holy Fist" with 100 Chivalry, 120 Wep Skill, and 26k Karma, did 123 damage to a Lich Lord. With 120 Chivalry, 120 Wep Skill and 26k Karma, it did 190 damage to the same Lich Lord. With 100 Chivalry, 120 Wep Skill, and 26k Karma, Holy Fist did 19-20 damage to a player with 75 Energy Resist. With 120 Chivalry, 120 Wep Skill, and 26k Karma, Holy Fist did 29-30 damage to the same player with 75 Energy Resist. It is affected by FC/FCR and has no cooldown, but is Mana intensive, with a base Mana cost of 40 (affected by LMC). Holy Fist does not deal extra damage to players in Necro Forms. A 100% Spell Reflection Pool was completely consumed reflecting a single 120 Chiv Holy Fist, although the reflected Holy Fist did no damage to the aggressor.
I think it is very important, that PvP players test this out, else we risk to kill the little PvP left in UO, if players die to one hit PvP players. Fight is most fun, when they last a while = balanced

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you hover over the book, it will tell you what *path* you're on.

In my case, I am using Animal Taming.A single left-click will give you the option to change masteries
View attachment 35489

Currently I only have taming and magery since I am on my mage tamer

View attachment 35490

Once on this page, simply select which mastery it is you wish to utilize...
View attachment 35491

And your book will update accordingly.
Cool, thanks!

Loren

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Just did some toying around with Necro Mastery. "Command Undead" in particular.
"Command Undead" with 120 Necro/120 SS, was easily able to take control of a Lich Lord, with him taking 2 Control Slots and me being able to give him commands like any other pet. However, the Lich Lord no longer cast Necro spells once controlled, the Life Leech only applied to his melee attacks, and oddly enough, he could be healed via Magery or Vet Healing, despite being Undead.
A Skeletal Dragon with 130.0 Barding Difficulty was easily controlled, and still retained his Necro spells. His Wither and Poison Strike would hit me though, and aggro him to me. He too, was only 2 Control Slots. The Skeletal Dragon is surprisingly powerful, with high base damage melee attacks (which lends him tankiness via Life Leech), and a very aggressive spellcasting AI. He hits harder than even a tamed Greater Dragon.
Rotting Corpses can be controlled as well. I wonder if Ancient Liches can be controlled, since they're only 5 Barding Difficulty above Skeletal Dragons and Rotts. The Named Undead in Bedlam cannot be controlled.
Paragons cannot be Commanded.
*ponders his soulstones and Necro/Tamer build :)

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The best use i've found for Necro Masteries "Conduit" spell, is Conduit+Corpse Skin. The Conduit applies Corpse Skin to all targets within the boundary of the Skull Candles, and it's a full strength Corpse Skin. This would make groups of enemies particularly vulnerable to a 100% Fire Damage Weapon with Whirlwind, that's imbued with 50% Hit Fire Area. Or a Fire Horn. Although, like Spock's Beard said, Conduit for some reason drops any non SC Wep out of your hand. Conduit+Strangle or Poison Strike is pretty funny too.

*ponders his soulstones and Necro/Tamer build :)
You've got to be careful when using Skeletal Dragons. If you're close to the Skeletal Dragon, vetting him, he can hit you with Wither, and his Poison Strike can hit you as a secondary target if you're too close to his main target. Both of these can cause him to switch to you and start chomping.
WWs used to have this exact same problem with Mass Curse when they first came out. Looks like they never bothered to fix the problem of Pet AoE hitting their Master.

Last edited:

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
the new castle/keep stone stuff is nice if, does it decay when they fall? it better lol. also shift/control, will bring up bars for every piece that is placed ? please make carpet and goza decay when place drops. it is free so would just like to know and maybe improve things ty

edit, please someone reply about the new stone stuff decaying or not when place falls thanks lol.

3rd edit, still no reply. I'm guessing the stone items wont decay. so 3 to 4 levels of stone, possibly with gozas and carpet.
hmm, lol what a site this will be, I cant wait. hmm, l dont do loot scripts. hmm, how will I be able to compete. hmm lol.
the stone stuff really looks great though, thank you devs. just having some fun. waiting for reply.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just tested the Magery Masteries.
"Ethereal Burst" with 120 Magery/120 Eval fully restores your Mana, but has a 2 hour cooldown.

"Death Ray" appears to deal pure Energy Damage. Death Ray with 120 Magery/120 Eval did 64 Damage per tick to a wild Cu Sidhe with 72% Energy Resist (so would do 232 Energy Damage against 0 Energy Resist). Death Ray with 120 Magery/120 Eval did 27 damage per tick to a player.
Death Ray is interrupted if you move or get hit with anything, even through Protection. Slayers and SDI do not affect the damage. Death Ray requires a massive amount of Mana to use, it consumes 50 Mana (subject to LMC) to initiate the cast, and consumes 35 Mana (subject to LMC) per tick, which is every 3 seconds. Wraith Form works for leeching Mana back with Death Ray. With 40% LMC, and at least 65 damage per tick, you can keep Death Ray up indefinitely with Wraith Form, so long as your target has Mana remaining.

Last edited:

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Tested the Mysticism Masteries.

"Mystic Weapon" with 120 Mysticism/120 Focus applies Mystic Weapon -5 to any weapon in your hand, functioning like how Mage Weapon does, except for Mysticism. It lasts for 450 seconds, or until you unequip the weapon, and can be recast immediately.

"Nether Blast" with 120 Mysticism/120 Focus, is essentially another 5 tile "Field" spell, although with a short duration and higher damage. Each tick was doing 16-19 damage to Gamans. Nether Blast was doing 8-9 damage a tick to a player with maxed Resists. You can only have one Nether Blast out at a time.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Tested the Spellweaving Masteries.

"Mana Shield" with 120 Spellweaving/120 Meditation, has 15% chance to reduce damage by 50%. Half of the original damage is subtracted from Mana. Lasts 600 seconds. Arcane Focus Level does not affect it.

"Summon Reaper" with 120 Spellweaving/120 Meditation summons a stationary Reaper that has 603 Health/180 Stam/200 Mana, 650 STR/180 DEX/200 INT, Resists on this one are 70/15/18/100/69, it deals 80% Physical/20% Poison Damage with 16-20 Base Damage and GM Wrest/GM Tact/GM Resist/GM Anat, no Magery skills. It does cast some Spellweaving spells though, and it has a damage aura, plus it can do Dismount. It did 20-25 damage per hit to a player with 70/70/70/70/75 Resists. Arcane Focus Level does not affect it.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Tested the Fencing Masteries.

"Thrust" with 120 Fencing/120 Tactics gave +15% SSI and +10% Damage Modifier.

"Pierce" with 120 Fencing/120 Tactics merely applied a -12 Stam Regen debuff to another player for 10 seconds. It didn't actually do any Stamina drain to the player. In PvM however, one Pierce hit was able to drop a High Plains Boura from 100% Stamina, to 60% in 10 seconds. The Boura had 97 max Stamina, so it was approximately 38 Stamina damage over 10 secs, just from a single hit. Used Pierce on a Sphynx with 195 Stamina, he dropped from 100% to 60% Stam over 10 secs, so that was 78 Stam drained. 3 Pierces, and the Sphynx was at 0-10% Stamina.

Yep, Pierce's disgusting OPness in PvM is confirmed. A single Pierce dropped a Anlorvaglem from 100% Stamina to 50%. Anlorvaglems have 1,100 DEX/Stam, that is 550 Stamina damage over 10 seconds from one hit! Not even Paragons can keep their Stamina up if you keep them under the effect of Pierce.

Last edited:

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Been farting around with wrestling. If the idea is to make wrestling even a goofy means of physical attack... it doesn't cut it. I was set up 120 tactics, 120 anatomy, 120 wrestling, the only stats I really had was LMC. This mastery really seems to be 100% pvm focused. I can't see anyone ever using this mastery for pvp. They would just get destroyed unless it was like a boxing match.
  • KO: Damage boost is far too low, especially for pvm. Even with EEO you do very little damage with regular hits. It needs to be more like 250%-300% so that regular hits could approach regular weapon hits. As it sits you can kill stuff like ettins and tolls without much issue, but I tried to take on a paragon cyclopes, a generally weak foe, and I just couldn't do it.
  • Rampage: Two problems. The first and most pertinent issue is that missing ends it. It ruins the whole ability. Just have it work like perfection where it goes down when you miss, or better yet, just put a max on the bonus and leave it at that. Second, there needs to be some kind of mana regen boost too.
  • Fists of Fury: Pretty solid ability really, the direct damage is nice. Of course as it sits now damage wise you are probably going to be doing less damage with your only special vs a regular weapon hit. Also, remove the timer, and have it work just like a regular weapons skill with more mana required to chain it. I get that the time limit is probably for pvp, but no one will ever have this mastery active in pvp. Without tactics and anatomy maxed the damage it would do would be nowhere near worth it.
Also tried out parry:
  • Heigtened senses: Solid. +12% parry chance is a nice boost, and you can keep it up permanently without a whole lot of an issue (LMC + mana leech). I honestly would have just made this a passive when you use a shield, which would make it a great, and not OP ability.
  • Shield Bash: Meh. You can 1 hit kill weak monsters with it, but it does like 20 damage against a GD. In pvp it might be good to be able to paralyze and do a bit of damage. I would have preferred this as an upkeep ability like heightened senses giving you +X% reactive paralyze and doing damage when you parry. Shields are not used by warriors all that often, and in pvm this ability will never be used. Anyone else using a shield (like a mage) would probably never use this mastery. Certainly not a reason to use a shield. Would have done better if the bash caused an effect other than paralyze. I don't know what though. Worst part is that it's timed. So if they wiff a few times you have to recast. Just seems like a hassle.
  • Bodyguard: This ability has a TON of potential. I haven't had a chance to use it much, but it works with pets, and cuts the damage the target takes, and transfers that damage to you. I would really like to give Humility based parry/tamer a try with this ability. This could also really make 2 man cross healing teams unkillable, as you would be avoiding those high damage spikes. *edit: Tried a bit with an untrained dreadmare and I was taking too much damage to keep up very well. I could easily do better with my regular stuff and pets, but you can't character transfer siege characters, so I guess the real trial will have to wait till it goes live.

Last edited:

hirikawa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Parry Masteries are fun to use, Heigtened Senses make Pure (6x120) Paladin come closer or overpass 120 Bushido 120 Parry Sampire (47% Paladin Parry Chance vs 40% Sampire Parry Chance). I think it was wise move to let people use shields on Warrior Templates more.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Been farting around with wrestling. If the idea is to make wrestling even a goofy means of physical attack... it doesn't cut it. I was set up 120 tactics, 120 anatomy, 120 wrestling, the only stats I really had was LMC. This mastery really seems to be 100% pvm focused. I can't see anyone ever using this mastery for pvp. They would just get destroyed unless it was like a boxing match.
  • KO: Damage boost is far too low, especially for pvm. Even with EEO you do very little damage with regular hits. It needs to be more like 250%-300% so that regular hits could approach regular weapon hits. As it sits you can kill stuff like ettins and tolls without much issue, but I tried to take on a paragon cyclopes, a generally weak foe, and I just couldn't do it.
  • Rampage: Two problems. The first and most pertinent issue is that missing ends it. It ruins the whole ability. Just have it work like perfection where it goes down when you miss, or better yet, just put a max on the bonus and leave it at that. Second, there needs to be some kind of mana regen boost too.
  • Fists of Fury: Pretty solid ability really, the direct damage is nice. Of course as it sits now damage wise you are probably going to be doing less damage with your only special vs a regular weapon hit. Also, remove the timer, and have it work just like a regular weapons skill with more mana required to chain it. I get that the time limit is probably for pvp, but no one will ever have this mastery active in pvp. Without tactics and anatomy maxed the damage it would do would be nowhere near worth it.
Also tried out parry:
  • Heigtened senses: Solid. +12% parry chance is a nice boost, and you can keep it up permanently without a whole lot of an issue (LMC + mana leech). I honestly would have just made this a passive when you use a shield, which would make it a great, and not OP ability.
  • Shield Bash: Meh. You can 1 hit kill weak monsters with it, but it does like 20 damage against a GD. In pvp it might be good to be able to paralyze and do a bit of damage. I would have preferred this as an upkeep ability like heightened senses giving you +X% reactive paralyze and doing damage when you parry. Shields are not used by warriors all that often, and in pvm this ability will never be used. Anyone else using a shield (like a mage) would probably never use this mastery. Certainly not a reason to use a shield. Would have done better if the bash caused an effect other than paralyze. I don't know what though.
  • Bodyguard: This ability has a TON of potential. I haven't had a chance to use it much, but it works with pets, and cuts the damage the target takes, and transfers that damage to you. I would really like to give Humility based parry/tamer a try with this ability. This could also really make 2 man cross healing teams unkillable, as you would be avoiding those high damage spikes.
Yeah, i haven't tested out the Wrestling Masteries yet, but even then, i could tell it's Masteries would be pointless. The only way the Wrestling Masteries would make any sort of sense, is if they plan on releasing weapons that utilize Wrestling skill, like Brass Knuckles or such.

The "Shield Bash" ability would be much better off if it simply acted like Force Arrow. http://www.uoguide.com/Force_Arrow.
Except for instead of applying a DCI penalty, have it apply a HCI penalty.
Not only would it work better, but it'd make more sense. "KAL VAS" *smacked in face with shield* "UAAGH!" *spell fizzles*. Monsters end up dropping aggro temporarily because they're dazed and forgot what they were doing from being smacked in the face with a shield.

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Its time to see some trammies in fell hopefully :) this is starting to look good!

120ninja mastery level3

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Tested the Fencing Masteries.

"Thrust" with 120 Fencing/120 Tactics gave +15% SSI and +10% Damage Modifier.

"Pierce" with 120 Fencing/120 Tactics merely applied a -12 Stam Regen debuff to another player for 10 seconds. It didn't actually do any Stamina drain to the player. In PvM however, one Pierce hit was able to drop a High Plains Boura from 100% Stamina, to 60% in 10 seconds. The Boura had 97 max Stamina, so it was approximately 38 Stamina damage over 10 secs, just from a single hit. Plan on testing Pierce more in PvM when TC comes back up.
Yo man have you tried masteries with UBWS or Mage weapon?

I haven't tested it yet as much as I'd like and am curious if they work with masteries.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, i haven't tested out the Wrestling Masteries yet, but even then, i could tell it's Masteries would be pointless. The only way the Wrestling Masteries would make any sort of sense, is if they plan on releasing weapons that utilize Wrestling skill, like Brass Knuckles or such.

The "Shield Bash" ability would be much better off if it simply acted like Force Arrow. http://www.uoguide.com/Force_Arrow.
Except for instead of applying a DCI penalty, have it apply a HCI penalty.
Not only would it work better, but it'd make more sense. "KAL VAS" *smacked in face with shield* "UAAGH!" *spell fizzles*. Monsters end up dropping aggro temporarily because they're dazed and forgot what they were doing from being smacked in the face with a shield.
Yup, that would be much better. I would use that a lot.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I think I will have to hop onto test tonight.
I have a peace/disco/tamer and I am wondering if I can keep a bard mastery up while also using a taming mastery.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I think I will have to hop onto test tonight.
I have a peace/disco/tamer and I am wondering if I can keep a bard mastery up while also using a taming mastery.
I only think one mastery can be active at the time

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well, i ran more tests with Fencing's "Pierce" Mastery, and updated my earlier post with it. Pierce is disgustingly OP in PvM, it always drops the victim's Stamina by 40-50% of their total, even if it's something like an Anlorvaglem with 1,100 DEX/Stam!
Only test left for it, is to see if it override's a Paragons ridiculous Stam Regen.
Yep, if you keep a Paragon under Pierce, and renew it every 10 secs, it'll drop them down to 0 Stamina eventually. Say hello to Fencers with Leaf Blades keeping Exodus down to 0 Stamina with Pierce while they Feint and AI.

Last edited:

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Possibly, but since bard masteries come from another book/system, it might be possible, so I will test it tonight.
I tested this myself, it looks like they tied it into the same system in some ways and you can not run the new masteries and the bard masteries simultaneously.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yo man have you tried masteries with UBWS or Mage weapon?

I haven't tested it yet as much as I'd like and am curious if they work with masteries.
Just tested it. Weapon Masteries will not work with Weapons that are not of the same type, even with UBWS or Mage Wep.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Possibly, but since bard masteries come from another book/system, it might be possible, so I will test it tonight.
I think if you look at the book you'll find all the masteries are in the same book, bard ones too.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I have tested archery mastery, did not feel it was worth, even when this flame shots was nice. Then I tested poison mastery, that works great together with archery, I can use all 3 kind of poison potions and with all kind of bows. I really love that.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can type 1 platinum words per minute.....

Seriously though 1 billion gold equalling 1 platinum is absurd and really needs to be changed. I can maybe understand some technical difficulties with something like vendor search (no honestly at this point I really can't), but there should be absolutely no technical issue with a more reasonable and practical conversion.

Most transactions occur on a million gold basis, not a billion. I realize we aren't going to be dragging checks anymore but seriously devs polish to edges a little bit here. I also realize this isn't the biggest issue in UO but this sort of exemplifies why forums like this blow up with anger. And common, the same devs have been running UO for several years now - is old code REALLY still gating them from adding a simple feature like making 1 mil = 1 plat. This is getting kind of exhausting....

Love UO. Hope the expansion turns out great. Masteries seem cool. Sure hope part 2 of TOL is a bit more intriguing. Thanks for making it free, devs.
Why is the billion - platinum thing a problem? It's not as if there is actually a physical 'platinum', it's just a way to keep the noughts under control on the bank gump

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
But why should you have to do this?? Can't you just carry your balance with you on your gump now that its shard wide??? Every other game can do this. Its just crazy.
Hey! I didn't design this. Never said it was the best way to do it. Just trying to help a brother out with what I know :)

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just tested Swordsmanship Masteries.

"Focused Eye" with 120 Swords/120 Tactics gives +30% HCI (does not exceed cap), it costs 20 Mana (subject to LMC) to activate, and costs 20 Mana (subject to LMC) every 3 seconds to keep active.

"Onslaught" with 120 Swords/120 Tactics and a 100% Physical Damage Iron Katana, applied a flat -20% Physical Resist debuff for 6 seconds to a High Plains Boura, dropping him from 64% Physical Resist, to 44%. Onslaught ignores Consecrate Weapon, and will always debuff the Resist that your weapon regularly targets.
Onslaught with 120 Swords/120 Tactics and a 100% Physical Damage Iron Katana, applied a flat -10% Physical Resist debuff to another player for 6 seconds. This debuff can be overcome by overcapping Resists, so 80/80/80/80/85 renders an Elf immune to the effects of Onslaught.