• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Let's fix this game guys!

Aroz

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
The last publish, Publish 88, was literally a whole month ago and to be honest it was a pretty pointless update. There are thousands of bugs in this game and only 14 bugs were fixed in that patch. Then before Publish 88 a whole month behind that Pub took another month and like I said it really was sort of a pointless Publish in my opinion, maybe not everyone's opinion but it really didn't implement things of great importance or fix anything of great importance?

Heck just throwing it out there Clash of Clans has bigger updates that are more frequent than UO and that's a mobile game for phones.... Not to mention all the updates for Clash of Clans have been very important and responding to the needs and the wants of the player base.

Heck we just became under new management (Broadsword), or at least they're supposed to be helping more and really nothing has been going on for 2 months. Where are the patch leaks? Where are the solutions to the brokenness of this game and the countless bugs?

I'm going to make a list of things that many of the players want/need changed or added. So no trash talking on this forums I just want the UO devs/Mesanna to see what the players want fixed or added. I think they need an agenda and agendas for anything is always based on what the public wants. Well we are the public so let's voice our opinions. Now I personally pvp 100x more than I pvm so I don't know both sides of who wants what on the pvm side. Maybe some messages from the player base can give me some options or someone who is very active in pvm or role-playing can make a separate thread for both to be seen.

Common PVP issues.
1. Mortal is overpowered. You literally can spam mortal every 6 seconds and someone can be mortaled for 60 minutes if you time it right. Then an enchanted apple is once every 30 seconds? Many suggest putting a 10 second timer on mortals.

2. Frenzied Whirlwind is the same thing as a splinter except 100% of it going off when hit and the primary is toggled. One can chain this whirlwind on a pvper again for 60 minutes if you can manage to stay on the person you are attacking and spamming whirlwind. Many once again suggest putting a 10 second timer on whirlwinds.

3. Disarm splinter is a ridiculous combination that almost insures ones death in the field. Splinter lasts on average 5ish seconds. Many of these dexxers disarm and get the splinter off and switch to their composite bow to AI every 1.25 seconds while the disarmed person that is being forced to walk has a very very low chance of blocking without a weapon and is about to have a funeral. A simple fix is to not allow splinter to be activated when one hits with the disarm ability.

4. Get rid of 40 sdi mages. 30 sdi is plenty enough and 40 is OP and making dueling more pointless. It's a bit ridiculous when one has 140 HP and an explosion flame strike while cursed will do 80 damage almost. Then if one has alchemy they can hit a supernova for 30 damage. Lightning for 20 damage and that's almost an instant kill.

5. Allow the dueling arenas in Khaldun or Ocllo to have an option to now allow casting focus in duels and more pvpers will like to duel once again.

6. When one stealths it is too hard to reveal them with damaging area hits. I've many timers personally casted a meteor swarm 7x on a person for them to die while hidden never once revealing.

7. The spell animal form needs to take a little bit longer to cast or let the recovery time to cast the spell after being disrupted be slightly longer. Too many people rely on animal form and is an easy escape when casting a 1/2 tick spell.

8. Change stat timer to 10 minutes. 5 minutes is too fast and 20 is too long. When a guild pushes an opposing guild off the island at despise it is nice to at least try to start hitting the Barracoon before the opposing guild is already unstat and back in the fight.

9. Some aspects are cool about VvV but many pvpers would enjoy seeing factions reinstated. I mean factions was removed because it was a buggy system but all UO did was replace a buggy system with another buggy system that isn't even used anymore. NO ONE fights in cities for VvV :( It's very true. There were more sigil fights than VvV fights because controlling towns with sigils was of way more importance. The least one could do is reinstate some aspects of factions or reinstate factions with VvV aspects.

10. Orc brutes should do 20 damage instead of 30-35. I'm guilty i've used them and they are indeed very over-powerful. A nerve strike that makes the enemy not able to move hits for 30 with the Orc it hits 60 damage. Then a death strike initially hits for 17 and Orc hits for 30 and if you run through the death strike it's another 50 damage. Do the math that's almost an instant kill.

11. Some have proposed to me a stam cap at 190 stam so archers can't swing at 1.25 with a composite bow running shotting a person down in a matter of seconds. Just think about it. A mage heal takes 1.5 seconds while a archer can swing faster than a regular great heal. One might rebuttle with "oh just use mini heals", well when you're being AIed for 35 damage and you can get one mini heal off in between AIs for 14 damage just do the math. The archer is going to win.

12. Don't let guards put VvV players into stat. That's frustrating.

13. Delete Essence of Wind in pvp or drastically change the debuffs. I believe it is +6 ticks to ANY spell and debuffs towards dexxers. That means it takes longer to cast a mini heal while under this spell than an earthquake. Not only does this act like a cursing spell it also damages foes with 17ish damage. It's just really over powered in pvp choke fights.

Like I said if people want to message me and talk about bugs or things they want in this game feel free and I'll add to the list. Also these are not demands of the players wanting ALL of these changes with no questions asked. Just some suggestions and some of these being implement can restore skill to the pvp world and bring more people to this game (returners who quit because of the overpowered features in pvp).

Last edited:

Aroz

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Again no trolling. Trolling gets us no where. I will ask the mods to ban anyone who trolls. Positive feedback and constructive criticism is what this is here for. Message or post here for any comments/additions you would like to see.

WootSauce

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No Trolling.

Log in to any active shard and watch gen chat during prime time. Look at how the "PVP'ers" interact with each other and clog up the main channel of communication meant for all players with complete nonsense and garbage.

Now, ask the rest of the UO populous to take you seriously when asking for changes to game mechanics that inadvertently and inevitably change mechanics for everyone (with unintended consequences) . Oh and also ask us not to troll.

Got it. And no thanks.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Great feedback @WootSauce ! Very insightful! +1

I personally thin PvP is pretty well balanced..

2 good scribes can take down anyone
2 good archers can take down anyone

There's no one set team that's "OP" ..I've seen a multiple winder team get demolished without having a winder and vice versa..strategize!!

It seems like your talking more about gate fighting..yes most things you've stated are annoying..but all can be countered. I think we are at a good place balance-wise.. For templates at least!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aroz

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
No Trolling.

Log in to any active shard and watch gen chat during prime time. Look at how the "PVP'ers" interact with each other and clog up the main channel of communication meant for all players with complete nonsense and garbage.

Now, ask the rest of the UO populous to take you seriously when asking for changes to game mechanics that inadvertently and inevitably change mechanics for everyone (with unintended consequences) . Oh and also ask us not to troll.

Got it. And no thanks.
Well they have an ignore feature for that sorry about them causing you inconveniences sir tho.

Aroz

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Great feedback @WootSauce ! Very insightful! +1

I personally thin PvP is pretty well balanced..

2 good scribes can take down anyone
2 good archers can take down anyone

There's no one set team that's "OP" ..I've seen a multiple winder team get demolished without having a winder and vice versa..strategize!!

It seems like your talking more about gate fighting..yes most things you've stated are annoying..but all can be countered. I think we are at a good place balance-wise.. For templates at least!

Who wins in the 2 good scribe versus 2 archers tho ? :) In open field it's most likely going to be who can get a disarm splinter off and the archers will run away and keep coming back until one of the scribes is splinter disarmed. Then one archer can chain mortals while the other one AI's. If the archers get the disarm/splinter they're going to win 99% of the time. This isn't just for yew gate fighting, at destard it's a wide open field. But I did forget to mention how OP winding is haha. Overall I believe you are right that ONE template isn't going to be so OP to win a whole fight but it definitely can be OP and get a quick kill. A good dexxer/archer that gets a disarm/splinter can drop someone in despise in less than 6 seconds.

Deprave

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Talking about PvPers clogging up the main channels obviously means pvp is still a pretty big part of this game, and it always has been. It's why I've played so long and play so many different servers. I'm not spread onto a dozen or so servers for pvm, that is for sure.

Let's take a look back though, shall we? When UO became itemized in 2003 and there was no faster casting cap mages were completely overpowered and there was no way any other character you played could kill or compete with an artifact suit mage. What did they do? They gave casting a cap. Look at these archers now, as a caster you can barely compete. They shoot nonstop and heal on the run, how long does it take to cast a little combo which compared to an archer hitting you will do how much? There is a reason why there are so many of these max swing archers and everyone disarm splintering. Because it's the most powerful thing in this game to the point of imbalance.

WootSauce

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Talking about PvPers clogging up the main channels obviously means pvp is still a pretty big part of this game, and it always has been. It's why I've played so long and play so many different servers. I'm not spread onto a dozen or so servers for pvm, that is for sure.

Let's take a look back though, shall we? When UO became itemized in 2003 and there was no faster casting cap mages were completely overpowered and there was no way any other character you played could kill or compete with an artifact suit mage. What did they do? They gave casting a cap. Look at these archers now, as a caster you can barely compete. They shoot nonstop and heal on the run, how long does it take to cast a little combo which compared to an archer hitting you will do how much? There is a reason why there are so many of these max swing archers and everyone disarm splintering. Because it's the most powerful thing in this game to the point of imbalance.

"Talking about PvPers clogging up the main channels obviously means pvp is still a pretty big part of this game."
-No, it just means that PVM'ers do not rant in a public channel for hours on end smack talking each other. When people who PVM want to be good and do well in this game, they move to private channels to achieve these goals. You are a loud minority.

"It's why I've played so long and play so many different servers. I'm not spread onto a dozen or so servers for pvm, that is for sure."
-That's nice, I am on a dozen or so servers because I enjoy PVM and do so where and when I want.

"Let's take a look back though, shall we? When UO became itemized in 2003..."
- 12 years ago things were different, yes.

Elden of Baja

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Remember the Dev's don't know the meaning of the word "Balanced". So you ask them to change something and it completely breaks the game.

Common PVP issues.
1. No. All I have to say on the matter. Mortal has been around for forever and has had that same timer. Don't touch it.

2. Frenzied whirlwind doesn't last that long, and it requires constant mana to upkeep. If they are going to start adding timers to being able to use weapon specials then they would have to compensate by adding timers for Using Curses like Corpse Skin, Curse, Paralyze, etc.

3. Splinter is Overpowered no Matter how you look at it. But Decent weapons are hard to come by. Making it so the Splinter doesn't proc on a specific special doesn't sound like something the developers would do.

4. If the point of the change is just for dueling then forget it, a lot more to think about than just straight mage dueling.

5. Or just only duel people with no casting focus? I doubt the devs will touch the arena to add in an option for casting focus.

6. No Knowledge on that one. I just know you get revealed like crazy by walking near players with 120 stealth 100 hiding.

7. Um, No> lets see, they nerfed it so FC doesn't effect it and made it so you can fizzle it. Deal with it. Its a 90.0+ Skill investment For 1-2 Spells. Personally I think they need to bring back FC effecting it, especially now that it can be fizzled. It has the same cast timer as Mounting an ethereal without fc, a player invests all that skill just to be able to do that on the run? What? That's a double nerf.

8. Noone wants to be sitting around twiddling their thumbs waiting out stat. When you go out to pvp you don't want to be waiting forever to get back into the fight. 5 Minutes is fine when you are thinking about players actually wanting to participate in VvV.

9. They just need to add More Content to VvV. As opposed to reverting back all the work they just added in. My original concept was a part of the map you can only access if you are VvV with some actual things to fight over/monsters to kill. Earn Powerscrolls, Pinks, BT Artifacts, give something worth fighting over, make it like t2a with only so many entrances/exits and no teleporting in or out. Let the players get their Points still so even if they die and lose everything they have something to show for it. Bring some PvM Content to the VvV Field with the chance of being Raided, being able to fight back/raid without having to worry about going red.

10. Agreed.

11. Do this and noone will be playing an archer and you'll piss off all the players who built their 211 suits. You're telling me a mage should be able to heal with spells faster than a dexxer can hit them while doing an armor ignore with hit spell? A Pure mage can interrupt a bandage with a lightning spell. Mages can still fit all their mods + Eaters onto their suits vs archers that pretty much have to poor everything they have into just getting the +61 Stamina hci, dci, di. I think that 40 sdi mages and 211 stamina archers are just fine. They have to go all in to achieve their goals.

12. Agreed.

Aroz

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Remember the Dev's don't know the meaning of the word "Balanced". So you ask them to change something and it completely breaks the game.

Common PVP issues.
1. No. All I have to say on the matter. Mortal has been around for forever and has had that same timer. Don't touch it.

2. Frenzied whirlwind doesn't last that long, and it requires constant mana to upkeep. If they are going to start adding timers to being able to use weapon specials then they would have to compensate by adding timers for Using Curses like Corpse Skin, Curse, Paralyze, etc.

3. Splinter is Overpowered no Matter how you look at it. But Decent weapons are hard to come by. Making it so the Splinter doesn't proc on a specific special doesn't sound like something the developers would do.

4. If the point of the change is just for dueling then forget it, a lot more to think about than just straight mage dueling.

5. Or just only duel people with no casting focus? I doubt the devs will touch the arena to add in an option for casting focus.

6. No Knowledge on that one. I just know you get revealed like crazy by walking near players with 120 stealth 100 hiding.

7. Um, No> lets see, they nerfed it so FC doesn't effect it and made it so you can fizzle it. Deal with it. Its a 90.0+ Skill investment For 1-2 Spells. Personally I think they need to bring back FC effecting it, especially now that it can be fizzled. It has the same cast timer as Mounting an ethereal without fc, a player invests all that skill just to be able to do that on the run? What? That's a double nerf.

8. Noone wants to be sitting around twiddling their thumbs waiting out stat. When you go out to pvp you don't want to be waiting forever to get back into the fight. 5 Minutes is fine when you are thinking about players actually wanting to participate in VvV.

9. They just need to add More Content to VvV. As opposed to reverting back all the work they just added in. My original concept was a part of the map you can only access if you are VvV with some actual things to fight over/monsters to kill. Earn Powerscrolls, Pinks, BT Artifacts, give something worth fighting over, make it like t2a with only so many entrances/exits and no teleporting in or out. Let the players get their Points still so even if they die and lose everything they have something to show for it. Bring some PvM Content to the VvV Field with the chance of being Raided, being able to fight back/raid without having to worry about going red.

10. Agreed.

11. Do this and noone will be playing an archer and you'll piss off all the players who built their 211 suits. You're telling me a mage should be able to heal with spells faster than a dexxer can hit them while doing an armor ignore with hit spell? A Pure mage can interrupt a bandage with a lightning spell. Mages can still fit all their mods + Eaters onto their suits vs archers that pretty much have to poor everything they have into just getting the +61 Stamina hci, dci, di. I think that 40 sdi mages and 211 stamina archers are just fine. They have to go all in to achieve their goals.

12. Agreed.
1. They changed apples and put a timer on them which made mortal more OP in my eyes.
2. There are timers on sleep which is the same thing as frenzied whirlwind but you can't apple a frenzied whirlwind. The mana is a nonessential factor when you have 120 mana and it only costs about 10 mana to hit each time.
3. Yes splinter is OP. If they don't want to not allow splinter to go off on disarms then they should let disarmed players have more dci instead of being hit 100% of the time.
4. Dueling was a part of it. The annoying thing in pvp is having random noobs explosion flamestrike you and actually influence the game just because they have 40 sdi and they don't even bother to curse you because they are unaware of what that does lol.
5. The arena thing would be a simple thing to add? One would have to go out of their own way to go make a non cf suit and no one wants to do that. Than to even add problems 100 inscribe gives you an automatic 5 cf and you don't want to take that off.
6. Yeah elves have a revealing effect sometimes.
7. I believe FC does affect the speed of ninjitsu. Actually I know it is because mages have no problem getting into that form while one can weaken a dexxer halfway okay. Also most people run 80 ninjitsu just for the llama form. Also it is no where near the casting time for an ethy with 0 fc. It would be way more closer to the time of a fireball to cast.
8. The whole point of stat is to allow the winning group to gain some ground on killing a champ or winning a fight. Five minutes doesn't allow that.
9. I like your idea some parts should be implemented. The whole reason VvV more or less failed is because it's EVERY 20 minutes haha omg who can make it to EVERY fight EVERY 20 minutes. It's like a popular song on the radio. It gets old quickly.
10. :)
11. 1.5 swings should still disrupt a mage. It wasn't my personal addition to the list many people have complained about. I do agree people would be mad and it probably wouldn't be the best route.
12. :)
Thanks for your input. :)

Aroz

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
And yes. Remove General Chat from the Fel Chat System. Can't Scream about Spawns without swapping toons, Can't Trash Talk so everyone in luna has to hear about how you didn't die to 20 dudes.
Just throwing it out there that the non-pvpers have every right to move to a different channel. They also have an ignore feature. Maybe a cool thing would be when one goes to Fel they automatically get kicked into the "Pvp" . When they go to a different facet that isn't Fel it'll kick them back into general chat or something? I mean we both can cry that eachother can move to a different channel but the problem is we both can't get our own WHOLE group to follow lol.

Aroz

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
So those "thousands of bugs" are really just things you don't like about the game and want changed as opposed to broken code which is what the term "bug" means.
Stat to a guardwhack is a bug.
EC can see sparkles of where someone invised when they run up on screen rendering invisibility to elude someone in 3-d ineffective.
Half the VvV system is bugged.
Tentacles of the Harrower still spawn in bugged places.

WootSauce

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@WootSauce instead of crying and moaning about gen chat offer some solutions. Your comments really haven't been that helpful they've been on the troll side. Look at Elden's comments. They've been constructive.
I don't have, or pretend to have "solutions". Log into ATL or any active shard and log an hour of chat and re-read it later. Really look at the content and ask yourself if this is the player base that should be catered to.

SpyderBite

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Stat to a guardwhack is a bug.
EC can see sparkles of where someone invised when they run up on screen rendering invisibility to elude someone in 3-d ineffective.
Half the VvV system is bugged.
Tentacles of the Harrower still spawn in bugged places.
4 + 1 generalization. 955 more to go. Taking a typing break?

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
it is only the splinter that is op , and essence of Wind a lil bit too. Maybe if they made splinter proc only on normal hits (with exception of focus ninja attack) , not combined with a special move. And reduce the debuff of essence of Wind by a few ...

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
7. I believe FC does affect the speed of ninjitsu. Actually I know it is because mages have no problem getting into that form while one can weaken a dexxer halfway okay. Also most people run 80 ninjitsu just for the llama form. Also it is no where near the casting time for an ethy with 0 fc. It would be way more closer to the time of a fireball to cast..
FC does not effect animal form anymore. That was changed during the same patch where you could disrupt it. It's fine just the way it is.

Everything is fine the way it is unless they just want to take splinter out of game. I'd be for that.

Elden of Baja

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1. Oh, but Curse which increases a mages damage by 33% is just fine, or Bload oath/Corpse Skin/Strangle being able to be instantly recasted after being appled, We all felt the sting when apple timer got increased to 30 Seconds.
2. I've thought about it for a while and I think I agree that it should be changed to a forced walk that can be broken by taking damage, but a change that should also come with this is finally adding a timer in between being paralyzed by a mage spell. (Not Counting Fields) What you are experiencing with one player bashing your face in with frienzied whirlwind while another Kills you because you can't run is exactly what every player without resisting spells has had to deal with since the dawn of time. OH, but the trapped boxes. Yes, Having to carry another supply and Hurting yourself for 9-12 damage to break a paralyze is so gimp let me tell you.

3. Definitely don't want giving disarmed players More Dci. Everyone and their mom will be playing mage weapon 40 sdi toons with no fear.

4. Yes, but Dueling is just 1 small aspect of PvP. Is a 40 Sdi toon overpowered vs a mixed mage class with 15 sdi, Duh, but that's what they sacrificed to do it. The only outcome that will probably come from trying to change this is they will wind up removing hit splinter proc from happening from all Specials. Which will piss off a lot of players.

5. The Developer who Coded the Arena was let go, and it was a glitchy system to begin with. It sounds like a simple fix, but expecting someone else to tinker with another persons code isn't always easy. Especially when it comes to something that you could just pre arrange before the fight.

6. Not sometimes. ALOT of the times. Kind of silly to have 120 skill invested into being sneaky and get revealed because you are close to an elf.

7. Faster casting Does not effect Animal Form. It effects mirror Images. You can still cast protection and go animal form just fine without being interrupted (WHich handed animal form to mages). But then you can just para them when their resisting spells drops. No Sane person is running 80 Ninjitsu for getaways. Even at 90 it fizzles often for llama form. And with interrupts and a long ass casting timer, that's suicidal.

8. The point is to try and keep players pvping. If a group of players can overthrow a spawn without needing stat timers then a 5 minute stat timer should be just fine in VvV. Long enough to reduce their numbers. Short enough for players to not be waiting to log into alts. Not everyone has multiple hours to pvp. If you only have an hour and you spend 60% of that waiting out a stat timer, 10% Resupplying, and a measly 30% Actually fighting, chances are you are going to move onto a different game.

9. The Concept comes from Games like Final Fantasy and rift with the little Instances that pop up. But those were PvM Instances that rewarded players for participating plus the exp/money made from fighting the monsters. A Purely PvP Driven System wasn't going to work without just rewards. Dropping monsters all over the town that also contributed points might be cool. With maybe even Bosses for big bonus :p

11. An archer can still play and win with a 1.5 swing Comp Bow, But I think you'd be looking at more on the side for keeping composite bows at 1.25 with 211 stamina and 55 swing speed for both pvm and Pvp Purposes.

Aroz

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Maybe they had patch notes that said FC wouldn't affect ninjitsu form but I'm like 99.9% sure it wasn't coded right and currently doesn't affect it. I will test it on TC1 in a bit.

Aroz

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I don't have, or pretend to have "solutions". Log into ATL or any active shard and log an hour of chat and re-read it later. Really look at the content and ask yourself if this is the player base that should be catered to.
A couple bad seeds doesn't represent the whole community as a whole. Your comments really haven't been helpful. Regardless of how these people act we ALL spend 14$ a month to play this game. You can't just cut off pvpers cause a few pissed you off dude. Be realistic. "Is this the player base that should be catered to" c'mon. That's not helping anyone here. Your solution is to stop catering to pvpers so they all quit and then UO can't sustain the money to keep running? Just a possible end result. Great idea dude. :(

Aroz

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
1. Oh, but Curse which increases a mages damage by 33% is just fine, or Bload oath/Corpse Skin/Strangle being able to be instantly recasted after being appled, We all felt the sting when apple timer got increased to 30 Seconds.
2. I've thought about it for a while and I think I agree that it should be changed to a forced walk that can be broken by taking damage, but a change that should also come with this is finally adding a timer in between being paralyzed by a mage spell. (Not Counting Fields) What you are experiencing with one player bashing your face in with frienzied whirlwind while another Kills you because you can't run is exactly what every player without resisting spells has had to deal with since the dawn of time. OH, but the trapped boxes. Yes, Having to carry another supply and Hurting yourself for 9-12 damage to break a paralyze is so gimp let me tell you.

3. Definitely don't want giving disarmed players More Dci. Everyone and their mom will be playing mage weapon 40 sdi toons with no fear.

4. Yes, but Dueling is just 1 small aspect of PvP. Is a 40 Sdi toon overpowered vs a mixed mage class with 15 sdi, Duh, but that's what they sacrificed to do it. The only outcome that will probably come from trying to change this is they will wind up removing hit splinter proc from happening from all Specials. Which will piss off a lot of players.

5. The Developer who Coded the Arena was let go, and it was a glitchy system to begin with. It sounds like a simple fix, but expecting someone else to tinker with another persons code isn't always easy. Especially when it comes to something that you could just pre arrange before the fight.

6. Not sometimes. ALOT of the times. Kind of silly to have 120 skill invested into being sneaky and get revealed because you are close to an elf.

7. Faster casting Does not effect Animal Form. It effects mirror Images. You can still cast protection and go animal form just fine without being interrupted (WHich handed animal form to mages). But then you can just para them when their resisting spells drops. No Sane person is running 80 Ninjitsu for getaways. Even at 90 it fizzles often for llama form. And with interrupts and a long ass casting timer, that's suicidal.

8. The point is to try and keep players pvping. If a group of players can overthrow a spawn without needing stat timers then a 5 minute stat timer should be just fine in VvV. Long enough to reduce their numbers. Short enough for players to not be waiting to log into alts. Not everyone has multiple hours to pvp. If you only have an hour and you spend 60% of that waiting out a stat timer, 10% Resupplying, and a measly 30% Actually fighting, chances are you are going to move onto a different game.

9. The Concept comes from Games like Final Fantasy and rift with the little Instances that pop up. But those were PvM Instances that rewarded players for participating plus the exp/money made from fighting the monsters. A Purely PvP Driven System wasn't going to work without just rewards. Dropping monsters all over the town that also contributed points might be cool. With maybe even Bosses for big bonus :p

11. An archer can still play and win with a 1.5 swing Comp Bow, But I think you'd be looking at more on the side for keeping composite bows at 1.25 with 211 stamina and 55 swing speed for both pvm and Pvp Purposes.
I like your thoughts and obviously everyone is going to have different views on stuff but it is always a good thing to have BOTH sides or even multiple sides! Thanks for positive feedback Elden. I think something that can be agreed on is some changes would definitely be a bonus and are needed :) Enjoyed your comments I will try to add some of your thoughts into the original post when I get some time.

Also someone commented on bugs, there is a bug where a human wears no shoes and equips a gargoyle stone boots and it instantly un paralyzes them and it actually allows them to run through para fields for 6 seconds. When equipting these boots it unparalyzes you for 6 seconds and instnatly drops off so you can still run. That needs fixed :)

Elden of Baja

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I understand, just trying to throw another opinion out there so it is heard. Too often a small group of players cry over not liking something and the dev's change it thinking that it is the majorities opinion.

I also know how the developers decide to fix certain things in the game by making Unnecessary additions. (5 Minute timer that increases each time after canceling a transfer for instance).

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just throwing it out there that the non-pvpers have every right to move to a different channel. They also have an ignore feature. Maybe a cool thing would be when one goes to Fel they automatically get kicked into the "Pvp" . When they go to a different facet that isn't Fel it'll kick them back into general chat or something? I mean we both can cry that eachother can move to a different channel but the problem is we both can't get our own WHOLE group to follow lol.
There's rather a big difference between having a 'right' to do something and being forced into partial solutions through people causing disturbances you can do nothing about....

The trouble with the ignore option as it stands is simply it's too short a list you are allowed to have, so it's only ever half a 'solution'. Letting that be bigger would do a lot to help sort out the issue, the General channel is really useful for so many things that making up alternatives isn't really an answer - but at present it's being used more for people to show off and as an outlet for attention seekers, and that's drowning out the useful stuff far too often.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
1-13...

Just some suggestions and some of these being implement can restore skill to the pvp world and bring more people to this game (returners who quit because of the overpowered features in pvp).
14. Oooorr.... have the devs find a way to block the usage of illegal third party programs.

But I didn´t expect to find that on your list, Zora.

Aroz

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I'm not Zora. Rumors are saying I am Zora but I am not Zora :( But yes 3rd party programs should be blocked and banned.

yadiman

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Most of that was just asking for people to never die...

Just make us all immortal.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
And yes. Remove General Chat from the Fel Chat System. Can't Scream about Spawns without swapping toons, Can't Trash Talk so everyone in luna has to hear about how you didn't die to 20 dudes.
Personally I have always thought that anyone in fel should be automatically moved to a fel chat channel, and cannot leave until they leave fel, and that trammel people should be in general chat or any other chat channel they want but should not be allowed to use the fel chat unless they go to fel.

I know reds are going to say "oh that's not fair it screws reds since they can't go to tram" but that will just be another risk of becoming red and they can get on a blue char if they want to use general chat.

Elden of Baja

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
14. Oooorr.... have the devs find a way to block the usage of illegal third party programs.

But I didn´t expect to find that on your list, Zora.
What's the phrase. Those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones? If you want my opinion on the subject of 3rd party programs and the state of the game feel free to pm me. Try not to Derail the thread.

yadiman

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
General chat is a problem imo. Ya, you can ignore them. But then other people are talking to them and you have no idea what they're talking about.

Maybe devs can code a Fel General and Trammel one? And it's impossible to switch without being in that facet.

azmodanb

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I half agree with that norry ... at least a uo raw and uncensored channel...

but of course leaving gen chat open to all.. no one would use the new channel.. catch 22..

im one of those that enjoys the pvp rants ... not hard to read between the lines if ur selling. and the trash talk has always been in uo.. just gotta get a thicker skin...

and typically the rants only go on as long as the intense battle does.. which you do get spirts of gearing back up... and people leaving to do something else...

but again i see ur side. but maybe make it possible to switch to fel gen chat while in tram for entertainment.

yadiman

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Know why they added splintering? Because people didn't die. (still don't die that much)

Do people actually like the "run around until you outnumber your opponent" strat?

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
General chat is a problem imo. Ya, you can ignore them. But then other people are talking to them and you have no idea what they're talking about.

Maybe devs can code a Fel General and Trammel one? And it's impossible to switch without being in that facet.
I pvp and I admit general chat was the WORST and most annoying thing they've ever given to the players.

In a perfect world that would seem like a good idea but in the real world 95% of VVV players are blue and chose to wait out stat at Luna Bank. You'll still be flooded with nonsense and trolling.

Personally, I don't even turn chat on unless I'm trying to buy something cheaper than on a vendor. The rest of the time I don't even want to know what's being said.

yadiman

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I pvp and I admit general chat was the WORST and most annoying thing they've ever given to the players.

In a perfect world that would seem like a good idea but in the real world 95% of VVV players are blue and chose to wait out stat at Luna Bank. You'll still be flooded with nonsense and trolling.

Personally, I don't even turn chat on unless I'm trying to buy something cheaper than on a vendor. The rest of the time I don't even want to know what's being said.
Ya, I would have suggested that anyone that's recently been in Fel would remain in Fel chat, but that might be hard to code. I've tried to hang out in Help channel but it's dead a lot of the time. I do wander what chat would be like without the leet doods.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
skimming but just a general frustration:
why does plate armor and dragon scale armor give 1 lmc while studded and bone gives 3? that's no good.

do something like this:

TIER 3
Dragon Armor 3% LMC
Platemail 3% LMC
Wood Armor 3% LMC
Stone Armor 3% LMC

TIER 2
Bone Armor 2% LMC
Chain Mail 2% LMC
Studded Leather 2% LMC

TIER 1
Ringmail 1% LMC
Hide Armor 1% LMC

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh for the love of all that is holy, fix th chat system.

Give us back the Felucca Chat Channel and the Trammel Chat Channel and make that an automatic switch upon traveling to Felucca or Trammel Ruleset lands.

Also give us an official Role Playing channel that is persistent across shards much like the help channel that way when visiting other shards if I'm in the official Role Playing channel on my home shard, it's automatically the same on the new shard and I don't see Atlantic RP or RP Community or RolePlay, ect. ect. which only serves to confuse you.

Last edited:

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also can we please remove the lock on spells in T2A Fel??? Serves no purpose other than to annoy the living crap out of people. Never understood why that was done after they moved the Minax Fortress. Maybe someone can explain it to me if I'm missing something? I mean we cannot flee in combat anyways.

Revamp Khaldun and add more PVP dungeons with similar rules. But make them accessible only to the winners of a successful siege. Where upon winning, a champ spawn immediately spawns and is available only to the winning virtue/vice. Super elite mobs that dtop amazing items are sure to draw in the crowds. And they DONT have to be only armor/weapons, add rares like Primevil or similar.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I've tried to ignore chat for the most part... sometimes I just like to turn the words on the PvPers... Occasionally they stick their foot in so deep I can't help but call them on it... Mostly they just sound like a bunch of roosters trying to impress a few old hens... Doesn't really do much for this old hen. Then sometimes it's like listening to a bunch of kindergarteners tattling to the teacher... Very annoying. I just want to say Grow the **** up... act your age...

We could remove the silly "lack of cohesion" from Tram... could remove the stupid timer for loggin and swapping characters from Tram... if I wasn't engaged in actual PvP that shouldn't apply at all. It's silly. We could stop trying to "lure" the sheep to Fel... as obviously that doesn't work.

No what needs to happen to "fix" some things is they need to divorce themselves from EA and Origin entirely... pull themselves from the Account Mismanagement System... find some seriously good programers to program them something that isn't so freaking insane... Start the in-game store they talked about before and get rid of Origin who at present scares the heck out of me. Folk are being hacked there! I've had no less than 10 folk tell me they had someone Korean trying to purchase crap on their CC's through Origin... THAT to me needs to come to an END. Origin owes folk a massive apology not only for having been hacked which as far as I know they have NOT admitted to... but for allowing it to continue as long as it has without some public statement... or warning to people.

Next they need to get the bugs out of the EC and get that update of high rez graphics done. This game needs to be back in the running and it just can't with the horrible graphics quality... I mean it's one thing to cling to outdated 90's graphics... and tile based system.. but it's a whole other thing to put 2d quality graphics on a scale mode... UGH... What they really should have done was put more effort into Kingdom Reborn. Wish they would have put something together at the time more like what many do now with the buy in thing... heck back then tons of folk would probably have done it.

And then... I can't stress this enough at all... communicate! You know it's one thing to want to "surprise" us with new and spiffy stuff... like for Xmas gifts... but seriously do we have to be kept in the dark all the time about things like VvV? If you know we love the game so much we've stayed over 17 years then why in the heck are we not included in such things??? We try to give open honest feedback... Heck we give idea's.... we offer feedback.... we try to be constructive.... but it's like we are talking to a brick wall... always left wondering.... did they hear that? Read the posts? Do they care? WTF is going on?!?!? Anyone there? Nary a response... yet we are led to believe that they are there and care? Doesn't seem that way from where we sit. I mean cut us some slack... I know some do things that are... well shady. But you know what? A great many of us care deeply about UO. Many of us have vowed that we will be here until the last server is turned off... Until the last mongbat screeches... and until the last wolf howls in the woods.

I'd like to see the lands cleaned up... I'd do it myself if I could. I'd like to see the art get fixed. I'd like to have my furniture face all 4 directions... I'd like to be able to see my shirt I'm wearing... I dream of the day I can wear "vanity" items. I want a slot added for "Costumes"... so I can really expand my role-play... I'd like to see more tiles added to the house custom tool... I'd like to have new castle and keep designs. I'd like to be able to use those silly empty spots in my keep...

More than anything I want to be able to loot again..... I'm so sick and tired of being at an EM event and having my game lock up and crash everytime I attempt to open a public corpse... by the time I finally get it open there isn't any point to having attempted it because if there "had" actually been anything decent on there it's LONG gone by the time I get the opportunity to even look. NOT cool and NOT fair to those of us who support and love the EC. I pity those who try to use the EC without Pinco's. It needs fixed.... seriously. Not even funny how horrible it is right now to try to play it. I thought it was pathetic before the change.. but OMG while it looks fan freaking-tastic right now it just plain sucks to try to play in... Love Pinco for all the hard work, devotion and time put in to bring it up from the dregs... but OMG BUGCITY! It's been a nightmare for us players. Complete and total nightmare... You have any idea how many hours have been spent in the last few months since that change we all have had to log just to try to retune all the desktops of all our characters? I have over 800 characters... over 60 on GL's where I normally play. I've had to re-do my desktops on my main characters some 6 times at least since that update took Pinco's away.... then when you changed things 3 times or more..... then when Pinco got his UI back up in Beta and since then at least 8 times I've had what I call "Pinco pixie sticks" occur all over my desktop... everytime I log in it's move this back there, adjust that back to here..... slide all these back over there...... etc..... etc..... etc.... at LEAST 8 times... and that's just for my main characters... Logging in and out to get my gifts almost drove me out of my mind...
Ok if you were always in the 2d client... but for those of us who prefer the EC...... NIGHTMARE X10... I considered briefly returning to the 2d client until I tried it for a couple minutes... I just can't do it. I have a 48" LED HDTV for my monitor... trying to play UO on a screen that is 10x10.... NO. just no.... There is soooooo much black space it's like.... "Is the game on or is that my icq box? Heck my Vent box is almost as large as the 2d screen. I can't play on that. And my bag looks like someone puked in it. NO. Just no.

But we have tested, submitted bug reports, begged, pleaded and begged some more... to get it fixed... and again the communication STINKS. Plain and simple... And then I go play EQ Landmark... communication there is amazing. The game looks so pretty I can't stop looking at it sometimes... if the thing didn't suck up every ounce of Ram and push my core to the limit... and the targetting didn't suck.... I wouldn't look back. But truth of the matter is it's full of pretty pictures.... Oh so pretty pictures... but it's not UO. So while I would give my right arm to have UO be that amazing and pretty... I just can't leave it even in it's current state.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Personally I have always thought that anyone in fel should be automatically moved to a fel chat channel, and cannot leave until they leave fel, and that trammel people should be in general chat or any other chat channel they want but should not be allowed to use the fel chat unless they go to fel.

I know reds are going to say "oh that's not fair it screws reds since they can't go to tram" but that will just be another risk of becoming red and they can get on a blue char if they want to use general chat.
I actually don't mind this idea..except for the fact when I actually am in general chat, It's because I'm farming and chatting and or selling. I don't think I should miss a good deal, or miss out on selling an item because I'm in Fel..the basis of the idea is ok..just the reality of it would suck. It would force me to multi client in order to watch..or farm in tram. Neither are an option in my case :)

How about instead of fixing the chats..just block the trash talkers..it'll feel a lot the old days of blocking bots in Yahoo Chat..at first it'll feel like a daunting task, but in time it'll be far and few in between :)

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
skimming but just a general frustration:
why does plate armor and dragon scale armor give 1 lmc while studded and bone gives 3? that's no good.

do something like this:

TIER 3
Dragon Armor 3% LMC
Platemail 3% LMC
Wood Armor 3% LMC
Stone Armor 3% LMC

TIER 2
Bone Armor 2% LMC
Chain Mail 2% LMC
Studded Leather 2% LMC

TIER 1
Ringmail 1% LMC
Hide Armor 1% LMC
because it prevents stamina loss.

Aroz

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Thanks for your thoughts on the pvm side of uo Malagaste, like I said I wanted both sides to fix the whole game and I believe your thoughts are popular and knowledgeable. I'll be busy over the week for Christmas but I'll try to add all of our thoughts to the original post.

Pandora I agree heavily that the cohesion thing in T2A can be frustrating. No reason not to be able to recall out of there if you're not flee or anything. Maybe the problem is powerscrolls from Fel but you should atleast be able to recall in tram.

Really the problem with General Chat is there isn't any GMs handing out 1 or 3 day bans. Hell I was pvping and killed this one guy and he called me the N word, every curse in the book, said he was in the army and was going to kill me in real life. MESANNA WAS IN GENERAL CHAT!. When she spoke I was like OH GOD INSTANT BAN. I thought justice was going to be served. She asked him why he was so angry and using that profanity as he continued to call me illegal curse words. He was still online the next day. The producer of UO didn't ban someone for saying the N word and catching him red-mouthed. Everyone is saying every curse word in the book in gen chat and spamming 200x in a row over a spawn, making racial slurs and they get away with it. A simple fix could be start banning the people who abuse general chat but that would require having Game Masters.

Thanks for all the feedback everyone. This is how we get changes. @Mesanna This is where we speak what the public wants and get changes for the better. This will let the people who make changes in UO aware of our problems/concerns and they'll see what we want. Not just some select Focus group that is filled with dupers/hackers that get to decide everything in the game for a whole. Thanks for not trolling here guys as well :)

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think banning or suspending for foul language isn't productive..maybe they should be banned from the whole chat system in steps
5 hour ban
10 hour ban
24 hour ban
48 hour ban
72 hour ban
perma ban
(Account based) not character..someone who has has such disregard for rules should not benefit on a secondary farming character..if they have no regards for the rules..but banning account because Player A gets upset and says *******..I just don't see it worth of losing even more income..there needs to be repercussion for your actions. But not to the point of killing an already on life support game..

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Common PVP issues.
1. Mortal is overpowered. You literally can spam mortal every 6 seconds and someone can be mortaled for 60 minutes if you time it right. Then an enchanted apple is once every 30 seconds? Many suggest putting a 10 second timer on mortals.
Mortal Strike is fine imo, I know it can be spammed, but it has diminishing returns, there are apples, and there are also a few ways to heal through it.

2. Frenzied Whirlwind is the same thing as a splinter except 100% of it going off when hit and the primary is toggled. One can chain this whirlwind on a pvper again for 60 minutes if you can manage to stay on the person you are attacking and spamming whirlwind. Many once again suggest putting a 10 second timer on whirlwinds.
I agree with this one, the duration of frenzied whirlwind is way too long for something to be used at-will, and there's no way to shorten the duration of it.

3. Disarm splinter is a ridiculous combination that almost insures ones death in the field. Splinter lasts on average 5ish seconds. Many of these dexxers disarm and get the splinter off and switch to their composite bow to AI every 1.25 seconds while the disarmed person that is being forced to walk has a very very low chance of blocking without a weapon and is about to have a funeral. A simple fix is to not allow splinter to be activated when one hits with the disarm ability.
Splintering Weapon is ok, being splintered while you're under the effects of it does not extend the duration, so it's difficult to keep someone splintered, also bandages can remove splintering.

4. Get rid of 40 sdi mages. 30 sdi is plenty enough and 40 is OP and making dueling more pointless. It's a bit ridiculous when one has 140 HP and an explosion flame strike while cursed will do 80 damage almost. Then if one has alchemy they can hit a supernova for 30 damage. Lightning for 20 damage and that's almost an instant kill.
I agree with this, 40 SDI is absolutely ridiculous, 30 sdi is actually pretty rough too, but tolerable considering you give up quite a bit to be able to have it.

5. Allow the dueling arenas in Khaldun or Ocllo to have an option to now allow casting focus in duels and more pvpers will like to duel once again.
Abso-f*ck*ng-lutely, make it happen ! Casting focus ruined dueling for the most part, and poison immunity (poisoning skill).

6. When one stealths it is too hard to reveal them with damaging area hits. I've many timers personally casted a meteor swarm 7x on a person for them to die while hidden never once revealing.
That's RNG, sometimes you reveal on the first hit, sometimes it may take several, best way to deal with it, is use human tracking, or put tracking on your template.

7. The spell animal form needs to take a little bit longer to cast or let the recovery time to cast the spell after being disrupted be slightly longer. Too many people rely on animal form and is an easy escape when casting a 1/2 tick spell.
I think animal form is fine as it is, it's difficult to get the spell off if people know how to interrupt it.

8. Change stat timer to 10 minutes. 5 minutes is too fast and 20 is too long. When a guild pushes an opposing guild off the island at despise it is nice to at least try to start hitting the Barracoon before the opposing guild is already unstat and back in the fight.
Coming from a smaller guild, I most definitely agree with that, maybe I'll use a stat-loss potion once in a while if stat-loss lasted 10minutes. (maybe)

9. Some aspects are cool about VvV but many pvpers would enjoy seeing factions reinstated. I mean factions was removed because it was a buggy system but all UO did was replace a buggy system with another buggy system that isn't even used anymore. NO ONE fights in cities for VvV :( It's very true. There were more sigil fights than VvV fights because controlling towns with sigils was of way more importance. The least one could do is reinstate some aspects of factions or reinstate factions with VvV aspects.
The reason there aren't many fights in the cities, is because the points were very easily farmed when VvV first came out for say 2-3 months maybe? most people got all the rewards they wanted, maintaining artifacts is pretty easy to do, I personally like fighting in VvV towns, but imo the point system is still flawed, it started off rewarding people for NOT pvping.
It never should have been like that.

Factions... well, I wondered why they were removed/replaced with VvV as well, they could have just implimented the new VvV artifact system and the old point system would have needed a re-balance, imo it would have been fine, but it is what it is I guess.

10. Orc brutes should do 20 damage instead of 30-35. I'm guilty i've used them and they are indeed very over-powerful. A nerve strike that makes the enemy not able to move hits for 30 with the Orc it hits 60 damage. Then a death strike initially hits for 17 and Orc hits for 30 and if you run through the death strike it's another 50 damage. Do the math that's almost an instant kill.
Agreed, just remove orc brutes, I can kill people in one hit if my orc hits most times, it's pretty damn OP.

11. Some have proposed to me a stam cap at 190 stam so archers can't swing at 1.25 with a composite bow running shotting a person down in a matter of seconds. Just think about it. A mage heal takes 1.5 seconds while a archer can swing faster than a regular great heal. One might rebuttle with "oh just use mini heals", well when you're being AIed for 35 damage and you can get one mini heal off in between AIs for 14 damage just do the math. The archer is going to win.
capping stamina at 190 for archers only? Perhaps they should just increase the base speed on the composite bow by .25 seconds. would be nice, but since weapons can miss, it's not totally necessary imo.

12. Don't let guards put VvV players into stat. That's frustrating.
I wasn't even aware guards put you in stat-loss again (they fixed it when factions were still around)... but if it's true, it should be removed.

13. Delete Essence of Wind in pvp or drastically change the debuffs. I believe it is +6 ticks to ANY spell and debuffs towards dexxers. That means it takes longer to cast a mini heal while under this spell than an earthquake. Not only does this act like a cursing spell it also damages foes with 17ish damage. It's just really over powered in pvp choke fights.
I don't think Essence of Wind is really that bad. it's pretty easy to line-of-sight with wall of stone or just teleport/run to out-range it, also if you do get hit by it, you could just apple.
Essence also doesn't always affect its targets. It may be resist-able? ( I don't play characters without resist) I know sometimes I take the 14-18 damage from it and I don't get hit by the debuff.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for your thoughts on the pvm side of uo Malagaste, like I said I wanted both sides to fix the whole game and I believe your thoughts are popular and knowledgeable. I'll be busy over the week for Christmas but I'll try to add all of our thoughts to the original post.

Pandora I agree heavily that the cohesion thing in T2A can be frustrating. No reason not to be able to recall out of there if you're not flee or anything. Maybe the problem is powerscrolls from Fel but you should atleast be able to recall in tram.

Really the problem with General Chat is there isn't any GMs handing out 1 or 3 day bans. Hell I was pvping and killed this one guy and he called me the N word, every curse in the book, said he was in the army and was going to kill me in real life. MESANNA WAS IN GENERAL CHAT!. When she spoke I was like OH GOD INSTANT BAN. I thought justice was going to be served. She asked him why he was so angry and using that profanity as he continued to call me illegal curse words. He was still online the next day. The producer of UO didn't ban someone for saying the N word and catching him red-mouthed. Everyone is saying every curse word in the book in gen chat and spamming 200x in a row over a spawn, making racial slurs and they get away with it. A simple fix could be start banning the people who abuse general chat but that would require having Game Masters.

Thanks for all the feedback everyone. This is how we get changes. @Mesanna This is where we speak what the public wants and get changes for the better. This will let the people who make changes in UO aware of our problems/concerns and they'll see what we want. Not just some select Focus group that is filled with dupers/hackers that get to decide everything in the game for a whole. Thanks for not trolling here guys as well :)
If he said those things to you in general chat, yes it should have been a jail or short ban. However alot of people dont realize the TOS arent the same for general chat and overhead chat. if you look them up, cursing and all that is actually allowed in overhead chat, but in general chat yes it forbidden.

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mortal is in no way overpowered.
It is the only thing that keeps multiple classes of warriors barely competitive in the current pvp environment.
And this is against todays standard field mage.
Against a basic parry mage mortal and everything else a warrior can throw at them is completely ineffective.
You have weird issues with mortal? Learn how to field fight on a standard pvp mage or play a parry mage and laugh at every warrior in the game.
But don't beg the devs to change things or help you out because you don't have enough experience.

Aroz

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Thanks for your input CovenantX :) very good response with more input from the player base! I also agree that stat potions would be useful in actually using if stat was slightly longer. By the time you run out of a dungeon, rez, dress up, restock you're almost out of stat!