• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

merchant quest and VvV *sigh*

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i decided to go try your new merchant quests, fun, nice little grind.
so im running a order to brit and as i pull onto the screen that the merchant is on this big gump comes onto my screen telling me im attackable... and it dosnt go away, so i drag it over to the side and read it, im in a VvV town so im now openly attackable..... wait what?
gump drops, big red words come up
YOU ARE ATTACKABLE!

so i click the merchant to drop my quest since i cant recall out and as i do up roll the gimps.
me on my lowly merchant.
down i go, lost all my loot and such for all the quests i just did.

so i guess this is MY fault.
im not interested in VvV.... AT ALL, so i didnt read up on it any.
but aparently you cant go into fel towns anymore.
thanks for that dev's.

so that rules out doing the merchant quest in fel i guess.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I hadn't thought about that...I guess VvV does mess with things quite a bit.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so im running a order to brit and as i pull onto the screen that the merchant is on this big gump comes onto my screen telling me im attackable... and it dosnt go away, so i drag it over to the side and read it, im in a VvV town so im now openly attackable..... wait what?
YOU ARE ATTACKABLE!

so i click the merchant to drop my quest since i cant recall out and as i do up roll the gimps.
me on my lowly merchant.

thanks for that dev's.

Yeah, I had been wondering about that and figured it was going to come up as a problem. Here is a possible solution that wasn't apparent before today: Put one character in the guild into VvV, even if it's a useless one. Apparently once you have one character in the guild, then everyone in the guild, including characters not opted into VvV, will see the VvV battle alert messages in guild chat. (Might only work for alliance leader guilds at the moment, but probably the other guilds in alliances once a bug is worked out.)

It might get a bit annoying see all the VvV messages, but if you go to Fel towns regularly, e.g., for stealing refinement components or doing these trader quests, the information may come in handy.

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
YOU ARE ATTACKABLE!

me on my lowly merchant.

thanks for that dev's.

Why couldn't you recall out? VvV didn't change recalling into the towns that I know of. Also when you received the multitude of warning gumps why didn't you leave? Lastly.... I think there is something on the order of 8 VvV towns and an unopposed VvV battle has been taking me 5 min with a 5 min cool down between. Meaning 6 VvV battles if there is only 1 side lasting 30 min total and spanning 8 towns. You gut very unlucky.... sonoma? I did 15 VvV town fights mid afternoon and not 1 opposing VvV was seen. Though they were online for the battles to be possible....

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
thats the whole point of it. to give a reason for people to go to largely ignored facet.
you dont have to be a pvper or anything to reap the benefits of fel. just insure your stuff, and maybe put on hiding and stealth.
its good to see the new pub is doing what its supposed to, and providing players with good old fashioned "oops" stories.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
YOU ARE ATTACKABLE!

me on my lowly merchant.

thanks for that dev's.

Got attacked once, ran off. Not getting any message about being attackable beyond the first time is annoying I must say.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Why couldn't you recall out? VvV didn't change recalling into the towns that I know of. Also when you received the multitude of warning gumps why didn't you leave? Lastly.... I think there is something on the order of 8 VvV towns and an unopposed VvV battle has been taking me 5 min with a 5 min cool down between. Meaning 6 VvV battles if there is only 1 side lasting 30 min total and spanning 8 towns. You gut very unlucky.... sonoma? I did 15 VvV town fights mid afternoon and not 1 opposing VvV was seen. Though they were online for the battles to be possible....
it was my bad luck.

and you cant recall when your on a merchant quest.

honestly this all happened over like 10 seconds.
i crossed the SW bridge coming into brit and as i ran between the ship shop and the bar the gump came up, i stopped to read it, it dropped, it said i was attackable, i took 2 steps and a Orange fella came screaming up to me and dropped me like a bad habbit.

after my initial getting ticked off i thought.... ok, my fault, i didnt read up on VvV.
so i went back got another order and went to tram side.
thought, k this sucks, i hate tram side.
went back over to fel, pulled Minoc this time as my destination, started running into minoc from the gate and i had JUST crossed into the town limits and i ran up behind 3 Orange guys who THANKFULLY where going in the same direction i was so i was able to hit the brakes and pull a 180 and dart back out of town, then i realized that they where in fact NOT Orange but Reds, only Orange because they where in a VvV town, so now im running from reds..... you get the idea.

so so far im 2 for 2 for running into VvV guys in town.

i would have never thought that we would be attackable in town with this new VvV, thought never even crossed my radar.
so i guess if a person wants the 1000 luck bonus for fel then your gonna have to fight through to the merchant.

obeeee

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Same thing happened to me. I read nothing about interaction with a NPC in a VvV town would flag you orange. Just healing or attacking a VvV player while not in VvV. Asked an Advisor about it, he assured me I was blue to him in Fel. Tried to suggest that he was not in VvV but he assured me it didn't matter and told me to post a bug report. OK not only was I highlighting orange to my cursor, but I later saw other players highlighting orange to me.
Thanks for posting @Poo

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
YOU ARE ATTACKABLE!
I'm pretty sure the term is just another way of saying "Guards are turned off" in whichever town, it doesn't mean you're in VvV.

You could always put a character that normally wouldn't go to fel towns in VvV & this way, everyone in that guild will get a message upon login specifying which town is besieged via guild chat.

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Had someone scouting a town this morning run right by my crafter while making the BoD run. Town was not an active battle zone I am happy to say.

All the crafters will be getting a new set of smithy/tailor runebooks over the weekend. Fel and Tram as well. might see about including FC/FCR, and invis pots in their gear in the near future as well.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was in brit while vvv was active and I saw what seemed pretty clearly to be a new character wandering around in newb clothes, clearly not in vvv (nor am I) and he was orange to me.

So yeah, you do seem to go orange.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Something does not sound right. I thought you had to either opt into VvV or take an offensive action. Why would simply moving a trade quest make you orange?

Lieutenant Dan!

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The same thing happened to me while doing a trade quest.
Saw the gump pop up saying 'you a will be attackable'. I couldn't recall so I started to run out of town but didn't get out fast enough (it really didn't give you much time 5-10 seconds maybe). got the message 'you are now attackable' and then I turned orange.
It's not really that big of a deal to me as I can see why they would do it to keep people from interfering with VvV that aren't actually in it.

What does bother me though is that it's been 24 hours and I'm still orange everywhere I go in Fel (not just the VvV towns). Havne't figured out how to get rid of it yet. Any suggestions? I'm not guilded on that char so I cant access the guild menu gump that was described for leaving VvV.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
When a battle start in a City, players will get a warning and have a very short time to get out of the town before they turn orange. You do not have to attack or heal a VvV, staying in the town will make you orange and attackable. At least that's how I understand it.

obeeee

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
When a battle start in a City, players will get a warning and have a very short time to get out of the town before they turn orange. You do not have to attack or heal a VvV, staying in the town will make you orange and attackable. At least that's how I understand it.
Why?

obeeee

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I guess the easy way to drop the flag is make a guild on that char, join VvV, opt out and wait 3 days.
Best I can figure is in 'King of the Hill', 2 rows of blues could surround the 'Hill' and stam block it.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It should be possible for any interested player to opt in to hear when fights are happening and where, if we're all going to be open to attack then we should all have the same warning as the VvV players. No having to mess around guilding all our characters so we can hear what's happening.

This sounds to me like another case of the devs thinking that Fel = one big PvP arena, where nobody ever does anything that isn't PvP. I'm glad I've given up trying to encourage players to live in Fel now, it would be impossible now. What a way to kill the population of a once-great facet. Forget that anyone might want to live and do things in Fel that aren't PvP.

Is there an option to even give a count to someone who kills your innocent char in a VvV battle area? If they're orange I wouldn't expect it. But if someone kills a total innocent who had not interacted with the VvV battle, they should be getting counts for it IMHO.

Wenchy

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
• At the start of the battle non-VvV players will receive a warning gump indicating that if they do not leave the battle city they will be open to attack.
• Any non-VvV player entering the city during the battle will receive the same warning gump.
• Non VvV players that unlawfully attack a VvV player will be flagged as Vice vs Virtue Participants and highlight orange to VvV players. This participation will last until the player is killed by another player, and will be subject to stat loss upon death

obeeee

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Bullets #1 & #2 does not say you will be flagged, just get warned. There is nothing there that says you will be perma orange for entering the city. Just warned you can be attacked. Bullet #3 mentions flagging for aggressive actions and that make sense.

Ellie

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
With your trade orders you could also take it to a fence. Slim is in Njelum. Ocllo, or Serpents Hold. There should have been a scroll dropped into your pack when you picked up the trade order.

obeeee

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I read that too, but I don't want those rares. The mempo? Really? A for a rare I want a complete set of guild signs and a complete set of books.
I guess the point is being in Fel has always had the risk of being attacked. My reasoning was ok, get in and out as quick as possible.
THunting in Fel doesn't perma flag me grey, why should zipping through a VvV town perma flag me orange.

kRUXCg7

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Mh now one thing comes to my mind - I usually go to Felucca for BOD bribery because it usually is cheaper there. :-/

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Something does not sound right. I thought you had to either opt into VvV or take an offensive action. Why would simply moving a trade quest make you orange?
Contested cities are a free for all. I'm fine with it myself. Just have to be cautious.

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You are attackable cause there is no guards during a town fight!!! They show up orange to you but you are not orange to them. Good lord already

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You are attackable cause there is no guards during a town fight!!! They show up orange to you but you are not orange to them. Good lord already
Yes, we already knew that, but are non-VvV players turning orange, meaning they can be killed for free?

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Bullets #1 & #2 does not say you will be flagged, just get warned. There is nothing there that says you will be perma orange for entering the city. Just warned you can be attacked. Bullet #3 mentions flagging for aggressive actions and that make sense.
I think I read somewhere, that you had 30 sec or so to get out of town before you turn orange but forgot where I read it, may have been in a Dev reply

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
• At the start of the battle non-VvV players will receive a warning gump indicating that if they do not leave the battle city they will be open to attack.
• Any non-VvV player entering the city during the battle will receive the same warning gump.
Non VvV players that unlawfully attack a VvV player will be flagged as Vice vs Virtue Participants and highlight orange to VvV players. This participation will last until the player is killed by another player, and will be subject to stat loss upon death
but i didnt attack anyone and i was put into stat.
i was just walking to the merchant and was set upon and killed, putting me in stat.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
interesting.
a there is a neat little bug so you can be told when and which towns are under attack without being in VvV.
its not my bug so ill not explain it, because i dont know what all was done.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
interesting.
a there is a neat little bug so you can be told when and which towns are under attack without being in VvV.
its not my bug so ill not explain it, because i dont know what all was done.
It's not a bug! :)

I put a character in our guild into VvV, that's all. Now everyone in the guild gets to see the messages about when battles are going to start.

obeeee

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's not a bug! :)

I put a character in our guild into VvV, that's all. Now everyone in the guild gets to see the messages about when battles are going to start.
While your there, after making that mistake, in that town. Fine, lesson learned. Perma orange in Fel from then on is not and it's a bug, sorry. :)

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
While your there, after making that mistake, in that town. Fine, lesson learned. Perma orange in Fel from then on is not and it's a bug, sorry. :)
I agree. Something seems pretty wacky about that. I'm really wondering how the whole system is going to affect Siege in the long run because it has so many fewer towns to pick from for banking than any other shard, but that's another whole issue not meant for this thread, I guess.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Here's what happened to me. I'm running a second client to assist my first in Trade Deals, this account is not in VvV and was not participating directly in a trade deal. Im' standing in Skara, and suddenly the warning message pops up, like you said, gigantic etc...and it won't let ME gate to leave. I had to run a few steps first, and then 5 seconds later YOU ARE ATTACKABLE....on Siege btw. I wish i could remember the message it gave me when I tried to open my own gate, but can't recall the exact wording.

obeeee

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If your in the town and not healing or attacking, the only other thing that makes sense would be being close to the alter. Trying to be a 'Blue Blocker'.
My real issue is how to correct it. Do I join on another account, kill myself and try to buy stat loss potion from a VvV player. Or start a guild and join the opt out an wait the 3 days. Both seem excessive for running from the gate to the dock in Jhelom during a battle.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I agree. Something seems pretty wacky about that. I'm really wondering how the whole system is going to affect Siege in the long run because it has so many fewer towns to pick from for banking than any other shard, but that's another whole issue not meant for this thread, I guess.
It may not effect us that much. We are a tight community. We don't really let colors tell us who to attack.

Fingers

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Seems like a fix would be to make one immune in the target town when carrying a trader quest box. Cant attack, cant be attacked unless youve already opted in for VvV of course. I dunno, I dont do fel traders so this will never happen to me, but it still seems, uhhh, weird.

Lieutenant Dan!

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Couldn't more wrong

Yes you do show up orange to them and are attackable. Which is intended

What I don't think is intended is staying orange permanently. ( Or at least until you are killed) Well I don't plan on getting killed so permanent it is. This part seems to be a bug to me. or at the very least it is poor design.

Orgional Farimir

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
YOU ARE ATTACKABLE!

me on my lowly merchant.

thanks for that dev's.

After reading all of the posts about VvV it sounds like a big cluster Fudge...... I was thinking about trying it during RTB, but I don't think I will waste my time.

obeeee

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
After reading all of the posts about VvV it sounds like a big cluster Fudge...... I was thinking about trying it during RTB, but I don't think I will waste my time.
I actually have a character or 2 I'd like to try it with. Bashing the entire effort by the devs is a bit extreme! So The best summation for my feelings is life in prison for j-walking is unreasonable. <And before you jump on me, I know making a guild and killing myself or joining and opting out is not life in prison>

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Seems like a fix would be to make one immune in the target town when carrying a trader quest box. Cant attack, cant be attacked unless youve already opted in for VvV of course. I dunno, I dont do fel traders so this will never happen to me, but it still seems, uhhh, weird.
Felucca is about risk vs rewards. Anyone on normal shards can do the quests in Trammel so what is the problem here?

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Felucca is about risk vs rewards. Anyone on normal shards can do the quests in Trammel so what is the problem here?
Well the problem is that some of us are using the cities not as a PvP arena but as cities, something I've always done with every character I could. My chars don't PvP any more, but they live in Fel and I use Fel cities because that is my home. And because I tend to gather resources and do things in Fel so it's easier to just run into the nearest city. It's often safer for me in a Fel city because we are often missed out of city spawns during scenarios and events. It saves me burning runebook charges too (yes, I'm a miser!).

At the very least I should be know when I'm going to be open to attack and be treated with the same courtesy as these fighters. And get enough warning and option to get out of town too. And if I'm totally innocent going about my business in that town then I should be able to give a count to any idiot who might kill me. Just as I would be able to do outside town.

I do understand risk v reward very well, I've taken everything that Fel has thrown at me and had a lot of fun running from thieves and PKs ;) I absolutely don't want Fel to be turned into some safe paradise. But this is really a system which presumes that cities are no longer places for people to use but PvP arenas, and turns the few innocent players who still use these cities into easy targets. I hate that production shards are treated like nobody actually uses Fel as a facet for doing anything other than fighting. It just seems like a total waste of a facet ;)

Wenchy

Barok

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I believe I remember a dev stating that you will remain orange until a person in VvV kills you.