• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Housing Decay Rates.

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well after Mesanna's publish about the decay timers, I assumed the Housing Decay Rates would be back to normal.

To be honest i dont know if they are going 5 days or not since i dont have the ability to be there before they start decaying to get an accurate time. :) However, I do know that the "in danger" state is still lasting between 3 and 14 hours, instead of the normal 7 hours.

I do not know if this is intentional or not. For all i know when @Mesanna said they would be returning back to 5 days, she meant it will be 5 days total but the stages will be random now.

Any help from @Bleak or @Kyronix or @Mesanna on this matter would be greatly appreciated, as my sleep schedule has become just as random has the Housing decay stages. :)

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well I saw a Fairly stage today that lasted about 24 hours instead of the full term so I still cannot be sure if it is random now or has still not yet been rectified.

Mandrake of DF

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well I saw a Fairly stage today that lasted about 24 hours instead of the full term so I still cannot be sure if it is random now or has still not yet been rectified.
Each stage is 24 - 30 hr and idoc around 7 hrs... or was...

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Happens to items too. I went to switch to my sampire for a Medusa run, put a runebook down on the floor of my house, and when I came back, it was gone.

blend

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Happens to items too. I went to switch to my sampire for a Medusa run, put a runebook down on the floor of my house, and when I came back, it was gone.
I reading your comment after
I was placed on the my house floor of items
The observed it every 10 minutes
It was gone after 2 hours and 10 minutes

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I reading your comment after
I was placed on the my house floor of items
The observed it every 10 minutes
It was gone after 2 hours and 10 minutes
It was a prank pulled by a guildmate, which I didn't find remotely funny. That wasn't all - the entrance & upstairs room of my keep were filled with locked down crates after I came back from some Medusa runs.

Sheeesh, switchin runebooks between chars? Havent dont that in forever!
I'm too lazy to get sets for all of my characters.

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Each stage is 24 - 30 hr and idoc around 7 hrs... or was...
Well having been doing idocs for some 10 years now I've found that the stages on Europa tend to all have fairly specific lengths and the length of the Fairly stage to be one and a half days = 36 hours. This is the reason I made the post, around 24 hours is definitely a departure from the norm. I have also found the idoc stage to be around 6 hours 55 minutes consistently. (Until now that is)

AtlanticRealtor

ICQ 647752375
Stratics Veteran
There is no such time anymore!
Last 30 Idocs experience:

SL to SW - Same as Before - 1 or 2 Vanished out no reason with everything inside too
SW to FW - Same as Before - 1 or 2 Vanished out no reason with everything inside too

FW to GW - I cant create a pattern for the next two. some of them follow the previous Idoc System, some of them vanished as well and sometimes can last few hours between stage.

GW to IDOC - this the Worst of All, varies between 4 hours and 13 HOURS, normally was 7 Hours!!! This is killing our sleeping schedule as Scribbles mentioned!!!

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Does *anyone* really think this is a "feature"? lol

Anyway, was making stone tables on Great Lakes, Cove. Kept mining those little chunks of blackrock. So naturally I throw them on the ground cause they don't stack or nuttin. This was like noon. The next morning I need more black granite so I head back to Cove. Like 20 hours later, and surviving reset and all, the blackrock was still laying there. Probably nothing new, I don't know, but it struck me as odd. Just a decay relate observation :)

Barok

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Anyway, was making stone tables on Great Lakes, Cove. Kept mining those little chunks of blackrock. So naturally I throw them on the ground cause they don't stack or nuttin. This was like noon. The next morning I need more black granite so I head back to Cove. Like 20 hours later, and surviving reset and all, the blackrock was still laying there. Probably nothing new, I don't know, but it struck me as odd. Just a decay relate observation :)
Small pieces of Blackrock never decay. Would be nice if they stacked though.

Miri of Sonoma

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

You can get 10 points for each one if you throw them in the trash! :snoopy:

Swt Lippy Hippy

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I remember how fun it was to just stumble across a house that had fallen. No greedy people scripting and sucking up all the items in 5 seconds. Just was a plot with boxes and a moment of sadness for the person (for whatever reason) could not get back in the game to play. I like the randomness of it. It gives people a chance to stumble across it like the olden days. Its a heart breaker to see (before soulstones were turn in points) all the idocers not bother to pick up the players soulstones or soulstone fragments. Other than the dupers houses getting burned... I do hate to see peoples years of work tossed in the trash within a hour after their house falls. If I go to a idoc its to help a guild mate that doesnt have time to play much for resources. I dont do it to make my uo living tho. lol peace ... and LOL DR COSS get a set of rune books you lazy ape LOL

Valura

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
a moment of sadness for the person (for whatever reason) could not get back in the game to play... I do hate to see peoples years of work tossed in the trash within a hour after their house falls.
My son, who is a new player of UO, came across an IDOC and rather than get excited by the possible wealth inside expressed how sad it was for the player who was going to lost all their adventures and memories. He didn't hang around to watch it fall.

azmodanb

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i recently observed an idoc.. had the timing down... should have dropped ay midnight o seven... ish... stayed up till zero two fourty one hrs. pst ..

saw you check it scrib ... but i was at work and had time to wait it out.

i got everything... and killed a red. and placed it and now its my new home...

anyways timer way off..

on another note... i double placed on my main.. account took me a few days to move... timer was as it should be on my old home

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@azmodanb Yeah the west of minoc mountainside house. Great location. that would be an example of and idoc going 13 hours lol. I was so tired i just went to bed.

azmodanb

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
aye.. :).. i work nights 7pm to 7 am.pst. so i just brought the laptop and sat on it.

not much loot... a val hammer... couple bags of crap.... you know ur standard bag full of mill checks... no big ;)

azmodanb

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
on a side note took 10 mins shy of two hours to be placeable ... that seemed longer too

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have galleons in the water on 11 different shards as I'm working on training up fishing on some of my characters. For the last week or so I have been trying to make sure I refresh the boats at least once per day just to make sure I don't lose any of them or all the stinky fish and MIBs in their holds and for a few days now have been making a note in my spreadsheet where I keep track of character skills of the date and time I last refreshed the ships.

Today I got a little behind on refreshing them and for several shards I was at about the 30-hour mark since I'd last refreshed them. (I had been trying to not go longer than 24 hours before today.) I noticed that on three shards, the galleonswere already at the "somewhat worn" mark, while all the rest were still just "slightly worn." Unfortunately, I got distracted before I finished refreshing the last couple on the list and now can't remember exactly which were the first two shards where I found the galleons had already gotten to the "somewhat worn" stage. (I think it might have been Europa and GL.) However, I do know with 100% certainty that on Origin the galleon was at the "somewhat worn" mark just a few minutes ago. I refreshed it at 4:15 pm MT yesterday and when I checked it at 10:30 pm MT tonight, it was "somewhat worn. That's just over 30 hours. Strangely, though, the galleon on Sonoma, which I refreshed yesterday at 4:20 pm MT and checked tonight at 10:35 pm MT was still just "slightly worn."

So....what does this mean? I really don't know, except that things are not happening consistently across shards with regard to galleon decay and in some cases, the decay is occurring too quickly. (According to information on UOGuide, the galleons shouldn't hit the "somewhat worn" mark until 3 days after they were last refreshed. http://www.uoguide.com/Boats .)

I will try to keep better notes tomorrow (or Friday) when I next refresh the boats to try to be more exact about which shards seem to be showing faster decay. Just like when we first noticed this, I have a suspicion that some shards are not operating under the same rules as others on this issue. If more people could get in on watching to see what's going on with galleon decay (and house decay), it might be interesting to see if there's any correlation between the shards that seem to have faster decay and shards that might currently be unavailable for transfers, as I seem to recall one or two people in the last week posting about not being able to transfer to another shard, which is usually indicative of the origination and destination shards running under different publishes. Or we could at least develop a list of which shards really need extra-careful watching of galleons to make sure people don't lose gathered resources, quest crates, and other items they are storing in galleon holds.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
siad it many times b4..if it was a issues they would have stopped all decay... simple pimple

AtlanticRealtor

ICQ 647752375
Stratics Veteran
There is like 3 more posts about the same issue and the Devs didnt answer to any...
few of us contacted the lady in charge and we got few different answers....bottom line...they dont know.

The las that i heard is that they already released a patch to fix the idocs and that boats will be next.

Well guess what... i do Idocs on few different shards.. and I tried ... really tried to fi d a pattern and there
Is None...
Since Monday I am tracking their times...and what i have so far is....they are going thru normal stages SL...Sw...Fw..Gw than finally Idoc....thats when the fun start... because before all this mess, when a house turned Idoc ....you knew that 7 hours later...would be gone....nowadays...turn idoc anx it can fall between 3, 5, 7, and 13 hours later....

I dont care about the changes... we can all adept... but change the Rules and Let Us Know about... This os the thing....No one knows what is going on....

Swt Lippy Hippy

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
There is like 3 more posts about the same issue and the Devs didnt answer to any...
few of us contacted the lady in charge and we got few different answers....bottom line...they dont know.

The las that i heard is that they already released a patch to fix the idocs and that boats will be next.

Well guess what... i do Idocs on few different shards.. and I tried ... really tried to fi d a pattern and there
Is None...
Since Monday I am tracking their times...and what i have so far is....they are going thru normal stages SL...Sw...Fw..Gw than finally Idoc....thats when the fun start... because before all this mess, when a house turned Idoc ....you knew that 7 hours later...would be gone....nowadays...turn idoc anx it can fall between 3, 5, 7, and 13 hours later....

I dont care about the changes... we can all adept... but change the Rules and Let Us Know about... This os the thing....No one knows what is going on....

Ok help me out here please. How much time are you spending on this research of idoc? What is your method? Are you just looking at one house or many ? Same shard ? Diff shards? No offense to asking these questions, just wondering if you do other things in the game besides idocing? I am assuming you do, but just curious. Idocs are fun but like smoot said about more than 7 slots someone is playing uo too much...*LOL* If you are sleeping around your idoc s phases... you might be a uoaddict also ! LOL :)

BahamaMama

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I recently had a keep fall within 6 days. Thought it would be 7 so just missed it. No biggie... it was empty & didn't need it. And it wasn't on an active shard so I guess it just took a problem off my hands. =P

Silentfury

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Mesanna simply states that the Boat Decay Timer has been reverted to it's original Decay Rate. She mnetions nothing about Housing. Why? Because these were changes implemented the abuse of the IDOC system by certain players. As she discussed at a Conference I attended recently, the IDOC decay rate is now RANDOM so Groups or Guild's that monopolize the IDOC drops can no longer Muscle Out the average player who like to have a chance at a few items. It basically is a way to break the back of the ICOC Mafia so to speak.

azmodanb

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so now its 3-13 hours... i think most of us accept that... just would like confirmation.

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mesanna simply states that the Boat Decay Timer has been reverted to it's original Decay Rate. She mnetions nothing about Housing. Why? Because these were changes implemented the abuse of the IDOC system by certain players. As she discussed at a Conference I attended recently, the IDOC decay rate is now RANDOM so Groups or Guild's that monopolize the IDOC drops can no longer Muscle Out the average player who like to have a chance at a few items. It basically is a way to break the back of the ICOC Mafia so to speak.
This would have been good news about 10 years ago. After all this time of the idocs being monopolised by some groups and abused by scripters it's a bit late to shut this particular stable door.

claudia-fjp

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As she discussed at a Conference I attended recently, the IDOC decay rate is now RANDOM so Groups or Guild's that monopolize the IDOC drops can no longer Muscle Out the average player who like to have a chance at a few items.
When they say and do things like this it makes me really wonder how out of touch they are with the players. Do they honestly think the AVERAGE PLAYER is going to sit there for 13 hours? Or look for IDOCs every 3 days? I seriously doubt a single one of them has ever tried out the changes to see what it's like from the players perspective, they just mess with it when they don't understand it and walk away. If anything there are now LESS average players at IDOCs, and yet again like the resource change the only ones completely unaffected are those who are scripting because they don't care how long it takes.

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When they say and do things like this it makes me really wonder how out of touch they are with the players. Do they honestly think the AVERAGE PLAYER is going to sit there for 13 hours? Or look for IDOCs every 3 days? I seriously doubt a single one of them has ever tried out the changes to see what it's like from the players perspective, they just mess with it when they don't understand it and walk away. If anything there are now LESS average players at IDOCs, and yet again like the resource change the only ones completely unaffected are those who are scripting because they don't care how long it takes.
I could not have said it better. All she did was give the cheaters the total edge at idocs. I really, really thought this team had a clue.
I did idocs on Atlantic. Just me and my two packies and I did very well with items. I did not try to place. Maybe this awful change helps players place who are not in a "we sell homes guild". I do not know. Maybe just maybe she could have run this by regular players first. Maybe make the time to place days or weeks. Not the actual fall. Just go to one now and track the hidden bots who can wait and wait and wait.
I am just so shocked this was done so poorly.

On a better note yes this team has done wonders and helped many. So thank you.

Bethany_lg

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As a player who idocs often this killed my desire to do so. I play on a small shard and run one of the only stocked vendor houses. More and more, I find myself competing with large groups that transfer or trash everything they find. This change has done nothing to affect them.

They place empty plots at at every house, take turns watching and go about business as usual. Before this change, everyone knew aprox when houses would fall. You could pretty much predict within the hour, and it was even during prime time on my shard.

So now they are falling all hours of the day, idoc for 14 hours sometimes. I'm not going to sit for hours and never actually play this game, but the scripts will be running and the groups won't go anywhere.

Seems like we are always making changes to combat scripters, or cheaters or real money sellers that actually benefit them. Why haven't they learned by now randomizing things does not work?

mysty

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i know one guy who's doing idocs on all shards (only trammel), with one char + packies + up to 12 noob chars with hiding/stealth/ninjitsu. all the noob chars have looting scripts and he's also doing multiboxing what is illegal. but who cares....i paged him so often and also will do it in the future but i think it's more important when you pay for so many accounts.
the new times are great for those scripters.

Faenwen

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
to look for idocs the regular way is time consuming really it is, when a group works together and each ons searches a sector, still time consuming. after all that searching you have to check those idocs to know when it will fall, well that was how it was befor this mess, again time consuming. on more than one shard.... a real pain and crazy timeconsuming! some do it just because they want the stuff to use or sell it, some because its fun, some because they want to safe stuff like soulstones or special items player written books or such... all is fine as long as they do it the regular way!

but there are those who use scritps... for searching, finding out when it will drop and looting. not very timeconsuming... gives them the chance to do idocs whereever and whenever they want. they have a script that works for them! press a button and do real life business!

with random times its even easier for them to get what they want, just press the button more often. a regular player can't do idocs 24/7/365 even not with a group!

Last edited:

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As a player who idocs often this killed my desire to do so. I play on a small shard and run one of the only stocked vendor houses. More and more, I find myself competing with large groups that transfer or trash everything they find. This change has done nothing to affect them.

They place empty plots at at every house, take turns watching and go about business as usual. Before this change, everyone knew aprox when houses would fall. You could pretty much predict within the hour, and it was even during prime time on my shard.

So now they are falling all hours of the day, idoc for 14 hours sometimes. I'm not going to sit for hours and never actually play this game, but the scripts will be running and the groups won't go anywhere.

Seems like we are always making changes to combat scripters, or cheaters or real money sellers that actually benefit them. Why haven't they learned by now randomizing things does not work?
Exactly. Why are cheaters punished in one part of the game ( Shard shields) and rewarded in another? :(

AtlanticRealtor

ICQ 647752375
Stratics Veteran
Ok help me out here please. How much time are you spending on this research of idoc? What is your method? Are you just looking at one house or many ? Same shard ? Diff shards? No offense to asking these questions, just wondering if you do other things in the game besides idocing? I am assuming you do, but just curious. Idocs are fun but like smoot said about more than 7 slots someone is playing uo too much...*LOL* If you are sleeping around your idoc s phases... you might be a uoaddict also ! LOL :)
How much time are you spending on this research of idoc?
A Lot, countless....

Are you just looking at one house or many ? Same shard ? Diff shards?
I watched over 10, Multiple Shards, all different times...

just wondering if you do other things in the game besides idocing?
Just idoc Nowadays!!

you might be a uoaddict also

BIG TIME

Ellie

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Its just not the regular idocs. Say you place a house and your other goes into decay. Then something happens and you cant get back to emptying your original house. Will it still be there when you get back on or will everything be lost.

The way things are going now it can hurt someone just plain moving from one spot to another.
I would say if you do decide to move, is get everything packed up and ready to move when you get the new house.

Peekay

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Multiple cases I have seen since this change that people don't even have a chance to recover their houses when it begins to decay.

A friend of mine caught their house at Slighty Worn, they then immediately re-activated that account (As they have done for the last three years, it is an account that simply only holds the house in question.). The house collapsed later that night. (This has happened to a few of my friends and guildmates, it has happened to friends of their's as well)

This change was silly and is again one of the many prime examples of gross incompetence that the UO Devs put out there for the world to see. Our Devs need to realize, this isn't World of Warcraft, UO has had a standing policy that explicitly states that items lost in situations such as this will not be replaced, it would be nice if even a little forethought was put into the decisions they make.

Bethany_lg

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't know if anyone other shards are seeing this, but the decay rate is in turbo mode again on my shard. I had 2 houses that were slightly worn on saturday...one fell this morning and one is falling tonight (Monday). So that's about a 2.5 day cycle.

Just giving a heads that you still may not have 5 days even though it is supposed to be fixed.

AtlanticRealtor

ICQ 647752375
Stratics Veteran
Nothing is Fixed!!
and yet NO WORD from @Mesanna or anyone on this matter

We have A lot of people that sent emails with this problem and no answer yet!!