• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UOAssist and Tugsoft Website

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is this program still working? I can not access their website anymore and UOAssist does not work. After all of the typical error messages when loading, it says the function's are disabled.

Thanks, Katrena

Shelra

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It worked as of last night; This isn't the first time it's gone 'down', and no more often than servers of other sites having hiccups or small glitches. I'm sure it will be back up.

Veldrane

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yep, just looks like the server is down so UOA can't authenticate. Hopefully, just a minor hiccup that he's able to easily fix.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I did get the error message on the UOAssist load page, but my macros are working fine.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This happens once a year or so. Some years twice. It causes panic and disillusionment. Hitherto it's always come back. If one day it doesn't, we've had this program working reliably for how many years now?

Per the message you get when you launch the program, you have 10 more tries from when the program first lost contact with the server, then Assist stops working.

The longest I've seen this last go on was several days.

-Galen's player

Snakeman

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Macros still will work even though you can't connect to them. No biggie, normally within 12 to 24 hr's their site is back up

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There was a post here somewhere a while back when Tugsoft was down for an extended time of which file to edit but I can't find it now.

A-tron

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
just came back to uo and i cant even DL the uoassist.exe file anywhere. anyone have a suggestion. not much fun running classic without uoassist"....thanks

Veldrane

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Since you can't download UOA to even try the fix suggested above, my best suggestion would be to use the enhanced client with Pinco's UI.

A-tron

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
would love run ec but i am using a macbook pro which opens a whole newmcan of worms...

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since you can't download UOA to even try the fix suggested above, my best suggestion would be to use the enhanced client with Pinco's UI.
Does EC and/or Pinco's allow you to run a macro that repeats a task multiple times on its own like UOAssist?

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What kind of task?
I use UOAssist for training skills. If your working a skill, you can record the specific tasks multiple times, (50 to 75 depending on how many steps you record and the pause time between each task) and then UOAssist will replay the tasks. When the macro ends, you just run it again. It works great for any repetitive type skill your training.

Lord X

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got 3 uses left and its pvp night! Hopefully the link Lord Frodo posted will work for me if this isnt up by then.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I use UOAssist for training skills. If your working a skill, you can record the specific tasks multiple times, (50 to 75 depending on how many steps you record and the pause time between each task) and then UOAssist will replay the tasks. When the macro ends, you just run it again. It works great for any repetitive type skill your training.
Yes you can with certain skills sure. I train magery and things like this in the exact same way.

Cast spell, delay (2 to 5 seconds) recast then repeat however many times.

Speranza

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes you can with certain skills sure. I train magery and things like this in the exact same way.

Cast spell, delay (2 to 5 seconds) recast then repeat however many times.
Don't even need Pinco's UI for this. One click of the button and you can cast Lich Form over 300 times! Just you know.... sit there, watch some netflix, chat with friends....

Lord X

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i need a fix
a real fix
anyone? obv ive tried whats here... anyone have something that works?

Lord X

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
btw ive tried whats here i get renewed tries YAY>...... but then server mismatch continues to distort my reality.. ie makes it impossible. anyone? a real fix a diff fix ? any ideaS? soon would be good.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
btw ive tried whats here i get renewed tries YAY>...... but then server mismatch continues to distort my reality.. ie makes it impossible. anyone? a real fix a diff fix ? any ideaS? soon would be good.
That is all anybody gets until Tugsoft comes back up. Reset before you hit the 10 tries.

Cardinal

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is this program still working? I can not access their website anymore and UOAssist does not work. After all of the typical error messages when loading, it says the function's are disabled.

Thanks, Katrena
I am still getting this, i cannot go to the tugsoft site and the program wont update

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Can you get to the regular tugsoft.com site? I wonder if Tug recently changed hosting providers, which means DNS having to renew around the world. That explains most people having the outage for a day or two, and your particular ISP might be taking longer.

While waiting for your ISP, you could try flushing your PC's DNS cache. Open a command window, then type ipconfig /flushdns and hit Enter. You probably won't need to reboot but may have to.

Winter

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
You can always try the IP address to reach Tugsoft. At least, it works for me.

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes, that can work too. I never checked before, but UOA does seem to look for the same address as the regular website.

So Cardinal, you could try adding that to your hosts file, if you're familiar with that.

Cardinal

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I worked out with the help of JC from atl. ]R[ guild how to fix it. Apparently where i am in Brasil has not had the new address filter down. I tried flushing and that didnt work. So we went in and set the server to check DNS from auto to the google server 8 8 8 8 this fixed the problem. What likely happened is they changed the server or something and people had it go offline for a few days while the DNS updated. While for me visiting here in the developing world its taken longer.

Last edited:

polanco

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I worked out with the help of JC from atl. ]R[ guild how to fix it. Apparently where i am in Brasil has not had the new address filter down. I tried flushing and that didnt work. So we went in and set the server to check DNS from auto to the google server 8 8 8 8 this fixed the problem. What likely happened is they changed the server or something and people had it go offline for a few days while the DNS updated. While for me visiting here in the developing world its taken longer.

Can you explain how to fix this! I'm having the same problem, cannot connect to the site or update

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I know how to fix it but every time I post the fix, the admins give me grief about it

Widow Maker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why would telling people to go hard code the DNS in their NIC or their modem to Google's DNS ; Primary 8.8.8.8 and secondary 8.8.4.4 be a bad thing. It's been done across the tech world so many millions / billions of times that no-one even gives it much thought anymore. SOP

Last edited:

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why would telling people to go hard code the DNS in their NIC or their modem to Google's DNS ; Primary 8.8.8.8 and secondary 8.8.4.4 be a bad thing. It's been done across the tech world so many millions / billions of times that no-one even gives it much thought anymore. SOP

How does hard coding Google's DNS help with the OP ?

Widow Maker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How does hard coding Google's DNS help with the OP ?

Besides ping and tracert tests, if you can't get to a page/site/update that other people can, switching out the DNS is one of the first things you try. Goggles DNS are fast and they update far more often than most other ISPs. Me personally, I code in their DNS on pretty every device on my LAN. If Goggle's fail, OpenDNS is another great option.

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Excellent advice, WM... I've heard (and used OpenDNS) but haven't considered hard coding into the router... You've given me something to consider, thx...;)