• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

16th Year Veteran Rewards

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been sitting on my two picks for a month and waiting to see if we'd get some info on new rewards. I'm cool if we don't get any new gifts, but I would like to know so I can make my choices and begin enjoying them.

Any word if there will be new veteran rewards for the 16th year veterans or is the cap going to be 15 and we'll just get additional picks?

Sean

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually the last couple of years, they've hit a couple of months later then the actually UO birthday. I too am sitting on a number of picks to see what shkes out of the UO tree.

Goodmann

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
are your accounts aging? ive been sitting on 191 months for 2 months now

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My account is currently sitting at 193 months. I want to say it was about a month or so ago that the reward prompt started appearing so I think mine is still on track. If we aren't going to be getting new rewards this year, I will choose two more shields. I just don't want to make a choice and then have something I'd use even more be released.

Devs, even if you can't tell us what it is... if you could tell us if we are getting new rewards for year 16 or was 15 the cap. If we are getting new ones, I would also love to know an ETA on when they are expected to be released. Pretty, pretty please.

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My account is currently sitting at 193 months. I want to say it was about a month or so ago that the reward prompt started appearing so I think mine is still on track. If we aren't going to be getting new rewards this year, I will choose two more shields. I just don't want to make a choice and then have something I'd use even more be released.

Devs, even if you can't tell us what it is... if you could tell us if we are getting new rewards for year 16 or was 15 the cap. If we are getting new ones, I would also love to know an ETA on when they are expected to be released. Pretty, pretty please.
There are new vet rewards on the way, we traditionally publish vet rewards in the later part of the year. For reference, last year's vet rewards were part of Publish 79 that was released in November.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
There are new vet rewards on the way, we traditionally publish vet rewards in the later part of the year. For reference, last year's vet rewards were part of Publish 79 that was released in November.
Can we have them early this year? Pleeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaase??!!!! :please:

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You know with all the issues we've had with the account age servers - we should have a 16th anny gift that is 12 months of 'Vet reward time' added to any account active on Oct 1st. You want to talk about something that would get alot of old vets to activate their accounts for at least a month and may get back into the game? Give them a year of extra credit for each account they open. I'd love my accounts to catch up to where they should be and get 1 year closer to some of the fun rewards. As it is -I"m afraid UO will go away before I ever get to my vet reward shields.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you Kyronix!! I will hold onto them for another few months!

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
*Anxiously awaiting new vet rewards before choosing the shard shields*

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You know with all the issues we've had with the account age servers - we should have a 16th anny gift that is 12 months of 'Vet reward time' added to any account active on Oct 1st. You want to talk about something that would get alot of old vets to activate their accounts for at least a month and may get back into the game? Give them a year of extra credit for each account they open. I'd love my accounts to catch up to where they should be and get 1 year closer to some of the fun rewards. As it is -I"m afraid UO will go away before I ever get to my vet reward shields.

Odds!!!

Alton Darkpick

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Not completely sure how to phrase this, but is there ever going to be a chance for players to reclaim lost veteran account age. What i mean is that my account was started in late 99 or early 00. I am not logged in for the specific date. However, due to money issues at various times, the account is only 8 years instead of 13 or even almost 14. Is it ever going to be possible to buyback an accounts lost veteran time so that account age and vet age match? Not suggesting be able to buy it if the account is new so to speak, just if time was lost due to being unable to keep it active.

Gem

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
195 months...started in beta *grins*

Sean

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I started in beta also, but that doesn't count towards account age. I got my original box and logged in Oct1,1997, my other account is Oct4,1997. If this old brain remembers the first day one could log into the game was about Sept 26th.

Looking forward to the 20th :p

smip

Slightly Crazed
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I started Nov 97. Although one account shows October 97 I don't recall that being beta. I do know we didn't have bank boxes then or house deeds. We didn't have much of anything and I do remember attacking an eagle and it killed me. No more eagles for me for a long time after that. LOL my youngest account is Sep 2002. I am concerned about one of my accounts. I have 3 of them that are 97ish. Two of them were from Nov 07 and one from Oct 97. However, the one from October only shows the account being 127 months old. And that number has not moved at all since the last time I checked it. I do know that out of the 3 older accounts one got closed for a bit. It was only for a few months though. My son decided he didn't want to play any more. So I closed it. But then I opened it back up a few months later because I needed the storage space. I wonder if they go by the registration date.... or the account age on the charactors.

WHERE IS THE SPELLCHECK ON THIS DARN THING???

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So any word yet? It's November! *grins* Any teasers?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
So any word yet? It's November! *grins* Any teasers?
Something, something, something...... and then the mention of a ride-able Tiger????? One that likes when you rub his belly?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I've waited and waited and it seems to me that the 6 months I have been waiting for my one account to turn 14 has been more like 10 ..... and I still keep having 1 more month to wait.....

Orgional Farimir

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Everyone just heard you say they will be released in November :)

Last edited:

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dooo it. I need some soul stones, but I feel like I should wait just in case something cool comes out.