• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

16th Anniversary Rare Colored Horses... Anyone have a color other then what is in picture here?

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Well nothing rare out of the 55 total I have across all shards. I did get a Mesanna Card on 5 shards which is nice :) No cool white flytraps but the flytraps are so amazingly awesome anyway I really don't care, whoever designed those did a spectacular job, thanks! :)

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
here's a quick thrown together pic of a few horses I have on test center. looks like the previous poster who said there are two versions of each is right. so like for the goldenish one, I expect there is a light gold one.

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There seems to be 2 shades of the black horse after you redeem it, a grey color and a dark black/blue. Do any of the other colors do this?
What I've found is there seem to be two base horses: a brown horse and a white horse. Then the hue of the statue is applied to these base horses and you get the final result.

Sadie-

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Every color got 2 different shades, as when u spawn a horse it will randomly spawn a brown or a white one. Therefore every hue will have different shades, coz of the hue overlay, one darker and one lighter. :)
As Multi Dwagon already stated the horses spawn in different styles. The most controversial one that i have run across so far is the Blue/Black one whic some people are saying is the rarest ( I still don't have a comment on that because I don't want to open all of my horsies). The two black statues I've opened are both long maned one is the pure form the other is the off long mane. They spawn from these black statues...

16th anni horses.jpg

I haven't opened all of my Anni bags on all my accounts so im still search for the Orange pony statue!! :sad4:

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here's a pic of my much darker horse that I haven't seen an image of on this thread

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They eat meat and don't have pack instincts. Not that the 4-7 damage would be a game breaker. Would of been nice to have one those orange ones to team up with my fire steed pair. Maybe only on the 16th of Sept a spark trail will be left when at a run. Something like the Krull horses. LOL.

Last edited:

Voodoo Bad Mojo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i know night mares and black horses come in 4 different varieties.
light and dark then short hair and long hair.... i wonder if this is the case with these?

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Devs, I like the presents! The horses are cool! Unfortunately, you didn´t manage to deliver me ONE rare item in all my years playing UO. Not a single one in about 60 chars for over 6 years. Weird, isn´t it? I know - bad luck.

But let me point out, that these presents are lovely, that I appreciate your great work and that we can feel it now (again): We are not dead!

Btw, this shiny red deed, looking like a phoenix red one: Is this rare? Or only the white one?

Thanks for gathering all those infos in this post!

Voodoo Bad Mojo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have 3 different reds, a pink and a white fly trap. I wonder if there are any other colors.

View attachment 16799
ok i know this may sound strange but i swear there are 2 different shades of pink fly trap.
i took a pick.... and i know its a small pic, but i showed a guild mate in game and he agreed that they are not the same color.

if someone is running EC with Pinco i can meet ya in game and you can check the color IDs for me (us)

same pic, just different formats, didnt know if that would help

Voodoo Bad Mojo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
and as for the horses, from the shards i have done (21 per shards x 3 shards so far) i would say for the horses that the Orange one has got to be the rare one, cause i got one out of 63

Andy316

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've opened a ton of horses, and it seems to be the rarest one is the light orange one.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, here is im final count: 74 chars and I got...

1 phoenix red plant deed (on Europa)
1 black & blue horse (on Atlantic)
2 orange horse statuettes (on Atlantic)

These could be rare ones... But I am not sure.

If there is anybody interested in trading to Drachenfels: ICQ 618 74 39 09

Moldy Fishmonger

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
ok i know this may sound strange but i swear there are 2 different shades of pink fly trap.
i took a pick.... and i know its a small pic, but i showed a guild mate in game and he agreed that they are not the same color.

if someone is running EC with Pinco i can meet ya in game and you can check the color IDs for me (us)

same pic, just different formats, didnt know if that would help

I have discovered there are atleast 3 different pinks and 4 reds.

Pinks are color ID: 26, 126, 226

Reds are color ID: 33, 233, 333, 1931

plants2.png

SlobberKnocker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
well done on these gifts. I usually take 500 gold on any new char I make on alt shards and buy a horse and feed it an apple. this makes things more convenient for sure.

anyone try to work the horses skills up yet? wonder if the hp and resists go up a bit.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
was wondering if anyine as worked out the full collection is yet..lol..

card names?? how many names ??..how many colours..i can see 6 yellow red blue green orange pink

plants.....how many types ....i see 4....and how many colours....???

ponies [well horses...shame oppurtunity missed here for a new animal] is ...colours i see ....6...white beige brown orange pink and grey

Last edited:

RaistlinNowhere

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, here is im final count: 74 chars and I got...

1 phoenix red plant deed (on Europa)
1 black & blue horse (on Atlantic)
2 orange horse statuettes (on Atlantic)

These could be rare ones... But I am not sure.

If there is anybody interested in trading to Drachenfels: ICQ 618 74 39 09

But that black & blue horse was from a "black/grey" statue? or is the statue black & blue?

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ponies [well horses...shame oppurtunity missed here for a new animal] is ...colours i see ....6...white beige brown orange pink and grey
team is spending all their efforts on new cat mount. also, they're going to make it so parties don't have to split for evenly distributed loot, right Mesanna? hmm? ;D jk

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But that black & blue horse was from a "black/grey" statue? or is the statue black & blue?
It is from the black/Grey statue. If you are lucky, you get a fantastic black/blue horse. Got one on ATL, would LOV to trade for the same Color on DF.

Yalp of Zento

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I've been spending the morning opening the gift bags and popping horses..

2 accounts on 8 shards... so 112

2 White Venus deed
1 Vibrant Red Venus Deed
5 Orange Horses ( 1 lighter orange 4 darker)
9 Blue Black Horses
12 Mesanna Cards

* It seems there are 2 different Orange Hues
*It seems there are 2 different Brown Hues
*It seems there are 2 different Light Grey Hues
* It seems there are 3 different Dark Grey Hues (including Blue/Black)
* It seems there are 4 different Pink Hues
*It seems there are 3 different Red Hues

Last edited:

Ingstein

Journeyman
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, what makes the 16th anniversary horses special? Can they be rezzed when killed? Do I need to stable them? Can I summon them anywhere?

Lorddog

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
does the horses change color when you turn them into a horse? I am not understanding why people are poping them to see the orange color rares?

did someone post a pic of the rare orange one?

also, my white fly trap deed shows more as a blue / purple when I placed it.

RaistlinNowhere

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
does the horses change color when you turn them into a horse? I am not understanding why people are poping them to see the orange color rares?

did someone post a pic of the rare orange one?

also, my white fly trap deed shows more as a blue / purple when I placed it.
The orange statues are rare because are most hard to get, after 132 16th bags only got 6 orange ones.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I want to port my horses over to TC w/ char copy but doesn't seem like you can yet :(

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got 2 out of about of 74 chars - so, could be, yes... but there are two hues...

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I want to port my horses over to TC w/ char copy but doesn't seem like you can yet :(
Yeah me too...I don't have stable room to pop all my ponies...wow that sounds really weird :/ lol but I have ONE dark grey statuette on Origin that I would love to see if it's the blueish one BUT I HAVE NO ROOM! WISH TO BUY MORE STABLE SLOTS PLEASE!!!! :) lol *sighs*

Cabernay

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah me too...I don't have stable room to pop all my ponies...wow that sounds really weird :/ lol but I have ONE dark grey statuette on Origin that I would love to see if it's the blueish one BUT I HAVE NO ROOM! WISH TO BUY MORE STABLE SLOTS PLEASE!!!! :) lol *sighs*
I agree!! Or make all stabled pets use a common stable. So they are "shareable" among all characters on the same shard. That would be best.

Last edited:

Moldy Fishmonger

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
wow 8 colours for the plants....which one are the rares forum calling 'the metalic one?'.....mmm guessing 4th from left??
I have now found a 5th red one. numbers 33, 133, 233, 333 and 1931. I do believe the 4th one (now 5th one) is the "metallic one".

plants3.png

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wish they were Ponies....Alas u Love your Horses
Nope... they're ponies. Kill one and look at the name on the corpse; it's a Pony corpse ;) We tested them at the Europa Chicken League fights last night, and although they had tiny damage against each other, and no special attacks that we could see, the loser was definitely a Pony.

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've not seen anyone post the Maple colours yet; so here are the colours I've seen. Values are from Pincos UI as these are easier to cross reference for people.

I've managed to trade about 20 bags back to Europa, but many people were sadly swapping in either already opened plants or possibly manipulating the horses inside for what was assumed to be the rares, so I can't predict a reasonable set of odds on rarity from my selection. I did luckily get a white flytrap from opening a deed, but I suspect the real rare is the metallic red, as that has only just been noticed, where as there were quite a few whites about straight away. As for the horses... I suspect that there isn't really a rare colour at all; I know rare pets aren't allowed, according to Europa's old EMs when we've chatted about event design, and there seemed to be quite a few orange and black horses in my bags (4 grey, 3 black, 6 pink, 3 light brown, 1 dark brown, 2 orange)... I could however be wrong, and just lucky with trades, especially as people seem to want the dark blue/black horse more than the orange.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've not seen anyone post the Maple colours yet; so here are the colours I've seen. Values are from Pincos UI as these are easier to cross reference for people.

These are the Japanese maple colors I've seen in the classic client. (I still haven't been able to get the EC to run, so I can't use Pinco's mod for anything.) I'm not entirely sure that the 2nd and 3rd "brown" ones in the first column are actually different from each other. The middle one seems to me to have a bit more red to it than the bottom one, but could just be my eyes playing tricks on me.

japanese maple 2.jpg

I've collected 315 bags at this point and these are the totals I've seen for names on cards, pony statue colors (have only clicked on a few of them at this point), and types of plants.

CARDS
27 Bleak
21 Brutrin
35 Gryphon
37 Kyronix
27 Mesanna
31 Misk
30 MrsTroublemaker
25 Onifrk
35 Rakban
22 Rend
25 Stethun

PONY STATUES
70 Gray
69 White
57 Light Brown
56 Pink
48 Dark Brown
14 Orange

PLANTS
87 Venus Flytrap (including 4 white ones and 2 of the "1931" red)
83 Elephant Ear Dieffenbachia
80 Staghorn Fern
65 Japanese Maple (including 4 "red frosted" and 7 purple, which kind of seemed to be the least common of the maple colors)

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It is from the black/Grey statue. If you are lucky, you get a fantastic black/blue horse. Got one on ATL, would LOV to trade for the same Color on DF.
i think i have one on DF that will turn into a blue/black. if you have a mailbox let me know where it is and ill be happy to drop it in there.