• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

This level of stupidity is just hard to grasp....

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How Origin can continue to allow it's Origin "Store" website "programmers" to rob - both it's own coffers and it's would-be customers of product sales - is just hard to grasp....

It has now been over 1 month since Petra acknowledged the Origin "Store's" inability to issue product purchase codes that actually work (and the workaround necessary to actually give them money) - forum sticky here.

Tonight I am attempting to make a purchase at the Origin "Store" and I am STILL met with what you see in the image below:

Petra: Would you please send this link to whoever is the highest on Origin's ladder that you can reach with an email.... I'm sure we'd all be very appreciative.

:mad:

Last edited:

Moldy Fishmonger

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I ran into this issue buying game time codes. It took 4 or 5 tries per code to get them to tale my money...then I has issues with the origin store accepting the code and not timing out....

Voodoo Bad Mojo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i had to pick up 2 game time tokens for some house holding accounts last week and i had to run through the process 4 times for one and 2 times for the other.

was strange.

but in the end i have the codes.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Unfortunately my brief is liason to the dev team, no one higher than Mesanna has ever heard of 'Petra Fyde' and my voice would carry no weight whatsoever.
Instinct and deductive reasoning tell me that Origin store very probably already know what Mesanna thinks about the situation :D

callum_fitzhugh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How Origin can continue to allow it's Origin "Store" website "programmers" to rob - both it's own coffers and it's would-be customers of product sales - is just hard to grasp....

It has now been over 1 month since Petra acknowledged the Origin "Store's" inability to issue product purchase codes that actually work (and the workaround necessary to actually give them money)
This is just brilliantly put - thank you again for this.

Ray_Martin

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I'm not having issues. At all. Mine go through easily.

I'm not saying you're lying or that it's user error, but what I am saying is that maybe they're having difficulty duplicating your issue to resolve it. Maybe post what you're doing down to every click and keyboard stroke? Masking the numbers and letters with ## and @@ or something.

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i was just thinking about buying some stuff from from the store, me thinks i might wait a bit util things get sorted, if they ever do..

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm not having issues. At all. Mine go through easily.

I'm not saying you're lying or that it's user error, but what I am saying is that maybe they're having difficulty duplicating your issue to resolve it. Maybe post what you're doing down to every click and keyboard stroke? Masking the numbers and letters with ## and @@ or something.
Please read
and you will see that this is not just one person. Also read the OP and you will see how many have reported it (230 and counting).
Which Browser are you using?
Are you using a CC/Debit/Game card?
Maybe you could give people some ideas as to what you are doing right and help them out.

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The one thing businesses must do is be able to charge people for their services/products and for people to be able to pay for services/products.

If a company can't even get that right they really should think about giving up, as commerce just isn't their thang.

Unparalleled genius.
The irony is complete if you recall that not too long ago, John Riccitiello (who bailed out as head of EA fairly recently - and I still think it was because he read the figures and thought 'get the hell out NOW before it all goes belly up) explicitly announced to shareholders concerned about the then unimpressive EA profits figure that it was all going to be fine because 'online transactions were to be the future for EA' and would make a huge impact on the company.

I think he meant to imply a beneficial impact, but based on the performance of Origin so far, maybe just 'impact' was a wise form of words after all....

Last edited:

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Please read and you will see that this is not just one person. Also read the OP and you will see how many have reported it (230 and counting).
Maybe you could give people some ideas as to what you are doing right and help them out.
Sadly, none of those informations will help.
I tried on my laptop paying with IE 10, Firefox, Chrome, Safari and Opera, using a visa and a master card CC card.
Always got invoice failed.
Then I logged at a remote dedicated server I own in the US and tried IE 9, Firefox, Chrome and Opera with the same cards to no avail.

The only thing that worked was using http://store2.origin.com, which is their old store that managed to charge their clients properly and let them buy stuff they wanted (sorta... Stygian Abyss is still nowhere to be seen, and King's Collection is gone from the new site as well).

The nerve... imagine that... clients wanting to buy goods from you. One can't have that!

Gedgerez Tesherd

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Also read the OP and you will see how many have reported it (230 and counting).
I wonder how much revenue has been lost, from the point of origin store problems occurring for people trying to purchase half of this year, as well as those whom decided to wait for store issues to get resolved. I'm sure they could of at least put that lost revenue to use in paying for a new remake of their crap web designs for checkout/delivery by now. Sigh, guess it isn't any concern of mine how how EA runs their company (rolls eyes), but this whole ordeal with the online store multi issues has severely prolonged further than it should.

Endal

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I just got permission from my wife to blow $100 bucks on UO. :whip: I would like to get some soulstones and a few of the upgrades that I've seen (King's Package and whatnot) but with the store acting up I don't think I will until we get some confirmation that it's actually working again. Every time I see these posts I just put it off further and further... it makes me wonder if I will ever get those soulstones.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just got permission from my wife to blow $100 bucks on UO. :whip: I would like to get some soulstones and a few of the upgrades that I've seen (King's Package and whatnot) but with the store acting up I don't think I will until we get some confirmation that it's actually working again. Every time I see these posts I just put it off further and further... it makes me wonder if I will ever get those soulstones.
The sad thing about the store is the fact it's cheaper to buy gold from the illegal gold sellers ( I know you hate these) then buy soulstone tokens in game.

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How a company the size of EA can be this inept for this long and still remain viable - is beyond my comprehension.
And since they are not committing fraud (ironically they are REFUSING to take our money) we can't even avail ourselves of the BBB. What would our complaint be? That they won't allow us to give them money? This whole fiasco would be laughable if it didn't involve yet another major nail in the coffin of Ultima Online. I am beginning to feel that it's hopeless, and that makes me sad... Isn't that silly... It's just a game... Oh well

Last edited:

Ray_Martin

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Please read and you will see that this is not just one person. Also read the OP and you will see how many have reported it (230 and counting).
Bank of America Debit Visa Card.
Firefox.

The Craftsman

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Instinct and deductive reasoning tell me that Origin store very probably already know what Mesanna thinks about the situation :D

And yet nothing is done. What a joke this company and this game has become. The biggest joke of all however is that people are still willing to pay for this totally unacceptable level of service.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
And yet nothing is done. What a joke this company and this game has become. The biggest joke of all however is that people are still willing to pay for this totally unacceptable level of service.
And still they wonder why they are given the WORST company of the year award two years running! Big surprise to them.... And they deny the charges against them. They are in denial and 100% oblivious to the truth... I imagine the CEO's of EA like a bunch of big huge plecostomus.... sucking the money out of the company and bleeding it dry.

Schatzi

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bank of America Debit Visa Card.
Firefox.
I too use a CC and Firefox. I always had problems with the old uo game codes and now Origin
Whenever I use IE which I absolutely dislike.
I just recently finally purchased the King Collection and was getting the same error as the OP, until
I remembered Firefox not IE.