• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 82

Bazer

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Siege Housing

As of 6/21/13, player accounts will be allowed to have one primary house placed on a siege rule set shard (Mugen/ Siege Perilous) as well as one primary house placed on a non siege rule set shard.

*Drools excessively*

atinycow

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Reducing the power of the veteran reward system is an excellent objective, both in terms of letting everyone have 720 skill and in removing the age requirements to use items. The game does not need to be enslaved to a bloated system that expects you to play from high school through middle age in order to have use of everything.

cdavbar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i can sit on everything.
you playing EC?
cause in CC you can sit just fine.
I found out the issue, I hadn't patched the EC yet, so I couldn't sit on them. After I patched, sitting worked just fine. However, most the items were still dyed redish looking horrible.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Should cover most of it. The tables in the top row have big animation cycles with sparks and glowy stuff. Lamps have on and off state (some are pictured on, some pictured off, am lazy).

Nice stuff, but the chair and loveseat is in 2 directions only so unusable for most people! :mad: :gun:

As is the current norm... very nice looking art... that generally doesn't mix with the art we have. :/
But I'll hold off and see how it looks in game.

cdavbar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Man, I finally hit 4years and now everybody gets it for free? Sorry not fair.
Why not? I have played since Beta, started on my dad's account. Got my account in 2000. I'm all for newer people having 720 skill points. At first it was a great thing, a good advantage really, but after almost 16 years, lets even the playing field for new players. Yes there are still new players! I mean what can it hurt really? They still need to learn how to play the skills, its not like they are magically going to have the ability to do what vets do in terms of tactics of the game just because they have those 20 points.

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pondering exactly how this may work out ...

"Healing now applies aggression towards targets aggressors"

I can see a lot of dead bards in future, if you're running the regeneration buffs on a big party, you'll rack up aggro pretty quick...

cdavbar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I can see a lot of dead bards in future, if you're running the regeneration buffs on a big party, you'll rack up aggro pretty quick...
Regeneration isn't the same as healing.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Can we please change refinements from insurable/non-stackable to NON-insurable and STACKABLE like how they ORIGINALLY WERE?!?!?! Thank you.
Fear that would add some risk to the game and some will start crying, we can't have that, can we? :devil:

Kelly O'Brian

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A new-items-exhibition-area on TC1 is at the south of Trinsic (Trammel). Also reachable via a special Moongate in New Haven. (Why isnt that stated officially?)
All items are accessible.
Pour sound maker job here in my ears: the little Wall Hanging Bell got the (same) massive sound of the huge Monastary Bell. And the sound does is not a "clear", (meditative) one. While i know, there is a huge variaty of cow bells in the world: this Cowbell isnt a bell but a rattle - a cooking pot got more hall effect. Trumpet is a bad synthesizer joke, hurtful loud and got only one song - same as the Cello.

I was about to upload screenshots of both of the new clean up pigments, but since your forums move it ended up with an error. You may check them out on the offical german UO fan page UOB

Last edited:

Winter

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Game
2013 Jun 19 20:06 GMT

Publish 82.0.0

Publish 82 is being published on TC1 today, it will be on Origin and Izumo on Thursday/Friday during their maintenance. The publish will go live on Monday June 24th during morning maintenance. ...
Good stuff in this publish, but seriously, no one but me is worried about this rush to publish?

Whatever happened to a week on TC, a week on Origin, BEFORE it goes live on the rest of the shards? AND starting a new publish on Thursday/Friday? Did the developers learn nothing from all of Cal's mistakes?

PJay

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I personally would rather have seen the time spent on this be invested in bug fixing.
Most people will feel there is nothing in this publish apart from the 720 skill cap for all which myself and Mervyn Fully Endorse.

The 2nd house idea on seige just spells disaster. It will ignite people to call for more housing on other shards or 2 per account which has already been mentioned. This is a poor idea simply because of player numbers people should only be allowed housing on their primary shard therefore keeping the population of the shard at a stable ish count.

Anyone who would consider buying new accounts needs to be dirty rich or very careful because this games lifespan is decreasing every Publish.

Last edited:

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good stuff in this publish, but seriously, no one but me is worried about this rush to publish?

Whatever happened to a week on TC, a week on Origin, BEFORE it goes live on the rest of the shards? AND starting a new publish on Thursday/Friday? Did the developers learn nothing from all of Cal's mistakes?

There's not very much that can be tested, unfortunately. In order to test any of the new stuff that's part of the King's Collection upgrade, you have to have an upgraded account, but we can't even buy it at this point nor do we even know what it's going to cost.

So you can't test whether the items in the collection work as intended. How they sit in your house. Whether you can turn items with a deco tool and what happens to them after you do. What happens to the items if you customize your house. Does security on containers work as intended. Whether items poke through the floor to the next floor. Whether crafting is buggy or not.

About the only thing you can do is look at the crafting gumps and guess at what you're going to make by comparing the name in the publish notes to whatever you can pick up by mousing over or clicking on the items on display in Trinsic because there aren't even pictures of the craftable items on the gumps!

For all we know, something's been quietly yanked from Spring Cleaning again and by the time the majority of the customers who aren't privy to that kind of information beforehand find out, it will be too late to do anything about it.

But never fear. If something is screwed up, someone who never bothers to test anything anyway will be sure to say stuff implying that the lazy people on Origin and Izumo didn't do a good job of testing things.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

No.. I'm seeing this effecting my Tamers more... wondering what's going to happen there. Is it just healing or casting Greater Heal or what? AM I suddenly going to come under fire for casting Greater Heal on my pet from 10 steps away?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
There's not very much that can be tested, unfortunately. In order to test any of the new stuff that's part of the King's Collection upgrade, you have to have an upgraded account, but we can't even buy it at this point nor do we even know what it's going to cost.

So you can't test whether the items in the collection work as intended. How they sit in your house. Whether you can turn items with a deco tool and what happens to them after you do. What happens to the items if you customize your house. Does security on containers work as intended. Whether items poke through the floor to the next floor. Whether crafting is buggy or not.

About the only thing you can do is look at the crafting gumps and guess at what you're going to make by comparing the name in the publish notes to whatever you can pick up by mousing over or clicking on the items on display in Trinsic because there aren't even pictures of the craftable items on the gumps!

For all we know, something's been quietly yanked from Spring Cleaning again and by the time the majority of the customers who aren't privy to that kind of information beforehand find out, it will be too late to do anything about it.

But never fear. If something is screwed up, someone who never bothers to test anything anyway will be sure to say stuff implying that the lazy people on Origin and Izumo didn't do a good job of testing things.
I'm hoping the clipping issue has been looked at but I'm rather doubtful... As for how they sit in the house I'm already seeing that some of the tables are too high in the tile and therefore chair will sit stupid near them.... as in some will be crowded up against the table on 2 sides and half a mile away from the table on the other 2. Sadly this is a common problem with a lot of things in UO..... and they seriously need to look at "where" things are in the tile..... Take chests for instance..... They sit high and to the back of the tile so they often stick thru walls and such... and don't fit "in" the tile squarely... I made a note of loads of that at one point and emailed it to Mesanna .... now whether or not they do anything about any of that I don't know...... but I did make a very detailed report of things like that. It's the reason most folk don't use several of the things we have because they just don't "fit" right.

Also kinda bummed that the couchs and such only have the 2 facings.... kinda makes it hard to put them in front of your fireplace when they would have your back to the fire..... seems dumb. Can't set the chairs facing one another because of it either..... or put them around a table... Makes them look nice but not very practical for actual use.

SlobberKnocker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i suppose if regeneration flags you an aggressor it spells the end for the blue bard. the buffs are really powerful now given the heavy mr suits you can build.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
720 skills is a nice addition..don't care much cause all my accounts are 10+ years but eh oh well..

Would have been nice to get some more armor/clothing

Anyone have pics of void dye..sounds interesting :)

Winter

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
There's not very much that can be tested, unfortunately. In order to test any of the new stuff that's part of the King's Collection upgrade, you have to have an upgraded account, but we can't even buy it at this point nor do we even know what it's going to cost...
There is more to this publish than just the new deco items, and not sure why you didn't mention those.

Looting rights distribution update
This is a big one that the developers didn't get right before. Surely this can be tested.

Bug Fixes
Nine new "bug" fixes listed, and all need to be tested. Well, not sure why the new 720 skill is listed as a bug, but I don't believe it is a straight forward as it looks.

Siege HousingNow - THIS is a big one. I would rather find out with Origin that there is a major issue causing a revert than have it published to all shards and then revert all shards.

Just based on past experience with UO publishes, weird and unknown code can cause unexpected problems that sometimes doesn't appear for days. So, I disagree with your statement that there isn't much that can be tested, and see no reason to rush this publish. I think it is a very, very bad sign when the developers are in a hurry to publish new content in UO.

Orgional Farimir

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bunch of filler but little real content. Hardly worth money or the time invested.
This.

This publish is going the same way of the rustic theme crap. The only good thing is the 720 skill point cap, but lets face it the vast majority of accounts are at least 3-4 years so it will not have much of an impact.

Some people will be thrilled with the new house rules for SP and Mungin, but all that is going to accomplish is allowing some SP players to close out extra accounts or have an extra house on a regular shard. I don't see this as a way to increase the population there.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is more to this publish than just the new deco items, and not sure why you didn't mention those.

Looting rights distribution update
This is a big one that the developers didn't get right before. Surely this can be tested.

Bug Fixes
Nine new "bug" fixes listed, and all need to be tested. Well, not sure why the new 720 skill is listed as a bug, but I don't believe it is a straight forward as it looks.

Siege HousingNow - THIS is a big one. I would rather find out with Origin that there is a major issue causing a revert than have it published to all shards and then revert all shards.

Just based on past experience with UO publishes, weird and unknown code can cause unexpected problems that sometimes doesn't appear for days. So, I disagree with your statement that there isn't much that can be tested, and see no reason to rush this publish. I think it is a very, very bad sign when the developers are in a hurry to publish new content in UO.

I think you misunderstood me, Winter. Compared to other publishes, there isn't much in this one that players CAN test. That's the point I was trying to make. Yes, the things that CAN be tested are important. But I seriously doubt many players will get involved in testing them because they generally don't do that even when there is a much longer list of things that can be tested.

No one can test the 2nd house on Siege until tomorrow at the earliest because no one really knows what it means in the publish notes when it says we can do it on the 21st. Does that mean right after server maintenance or sometime later in the day? I have the account that owns my castle on Origin all set to place a house on Siege and I have 3 houses on Siege already, so I can use one of those accounts to place a house on Izumo, the other "test" production shard. I have to admit, though, that I'm not all that keen on doing either, though, without any kind of assurances that Mesanna or the rest of the team are even planning to be around this weekend to fix things if something goes wrong. I am seriously uninclined at this point to pay EA to open up two closed accounts if I decide to help with the testing and it ends up putting what I have on Origin and on Siege into decay and a GM shows up and says, "Too bad for you." I'll do it if I have to, but that could very well end up being the straw that breaks the camel's back if it turns out that the "2nd house on Siege" change wasn't well-tested internally before being released. I shouldn't have to be paying extra to help test something that was poorly programmed and not internally tested before being released. If it ends up happening that way, I'm pretty sure that will be the end of my days playing UO.

Last edited:

yars

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Spellweaving has gift of renewal, wonder if that's included in the healing aggro?.the void dye is similar to the base color of the shroud of condemned. Still wanna know the price of the theme pack.

Winter

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
... I have to admit, though, that I'm not all that keen on doing either, though, without any kind of assurances that Mesanna or the rest of the team are even planning to be around this weekend to fix things if something goes wrong. I am seriously uninclined at this point to open up another account and have to pay EA for another two accounts if I decide to help with the testing and it ends up putting what I have on Origin and on Siege into decay and a GM shows up and says, "Too bad for you." I'll do it if I have to, but that could very well end up being the straw that breaks the camel's back if it turns out that the "2nd house on Siege" change wasn't well-tested internally before being released.
Tina, you described my concerns exactly... the weekend publish, unhelpful GM's and things that just go wrong. Right now, I am thinking of taking a pass on the Siege housing until it settles down, which means I may miss out on any chance of a house on Siege. I would love to finish my day-one Siege character who owns nothing, but I don't want to risk my other home.

Winter

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Spellweaving has gift of renewal, wonder if that's included in the healing aggro?...
Good question that pertains to any form of healing - bandages, spells (including spellweaving and chivalry) and even vet skill on pets. Will all of these trigger aggro? THAT should have been put into the description and I do hope the developers considered this.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like some of the new items. I may purchase depending on the price for that reason. The legs on the large metal table look quite a bit off, but maybe its just me.
I don't have any incentive to purchase for the craftables because (if I understand correctly) they will not be useable by anyone who hasn't bought the collection already. As a merchant that kills my market.

I would really, really like to see actual themed packs. If you are going to call it the King's Collection... I would love to find items that would befit a king. Some do, but others don't seem to have anything to do with royalty. I would have loved to see items like a royal robe, a crown... portraits of the different rulers perhaps with a quote from them or a tidbit of history when clicked.

I think EA would make a lot of money if they offered multiple types of micropacks that are themed.

A wedding pack that includes a couple different bouquets, a dress, wedding decorations, rings that can be engraved, etc You could even design a temporary decor that can be placed on the land with a timer of a couple days.
A tavern pack with special mugs or bottles. For an improved bartender npc that has special alcohol etc. A bar counter, tables, etc and some eye candy like a bowl of peanuts, shelving for behind a bar that has drinks.
A desert decorator's pack with cacti, sandstone decor, an oasis, actual sand floor tiles for housing, sandstone rocks, etc
A snow pack, a swamp pack, etc... the list goes on and on.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I really like the fact they are opening up Siege/Mugen housing. I may at some point place a house if a strong RP community gets established on the shard. Last time I tried RP there it was an evil guild and a lot of spammed lisps and just killing random people with no thought, plot, etc behind their motivations. Evil doesn't have to be mindless murderers and it makes me sad when I see it always fall under that category.

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't have any incentive to purchase for the craftables because (if I understand correctly) they will not be useable by anyone who hasn't bought the collection already. As a merchant that kills my market.
Any of the craftable items are usable by anyone, you will need to purchase the theme pack to actually craft them, however.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That makes it a lot more appealing. Thank you Kyronix for the clarification!!

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Can we please change refinements from insurable/non-stackable to NON-insurable and STACKABLE like how they ORIGINALLY WERE?!?!?! Thank you.
More people would use them if this were the case and they'd be easier to sell.

non-stacking refinements take way too many lock downs to get them ready for a suit one might make.

Make it happen devs!

Voodoo Bad Mojo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
im sure im not the only one who is looking forward to putting up a small house on siege.
and im also sure im not the only one who wants to wait and let someone else experiment with it first, because i dont wanna risk loosing my castle with 15.5 years worth of memories in it just because i placed a small thatched roof house on seige.

is there any word from the devs that this system will work flawlessly?
are the 2 systems totally severed from their side so there will 100% no risk in placing this 2nd house?

i think i need a little more reassurance from the higher powers before ill do this, but i am behind it and do want to do it!
i use to play on siege and enjoy it greatly, and i look forward to coming back and having a little house to re-supply from is definitely a carrot on a stick that will bring me back to playing there.

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Really? are Mesanna and the rest of the UO team so desperate for players they are removing about the only 'veteran' perk (720.0 skill cap for all players) remaining in hopes of attracting more players?
seriously, the idea of 'let's make a day 1 newbie as equal to a 4 yr veteran' was about as brilliant as the idiot who thought that screen door on a submarine would work well in the tropical waters.
The ages old adage, "Less is more" applies well here. The less skill points a newbie has evokes 'more' incentive to play, keep an account active, and work towards becoming a veteran player. This is a blatant slap in the face to ALL veteran UO players proving that Mesanna & her team do not care about veteran UO players. They only wish to try and appease a few who have made noise on the forums. 1st was the removal of the Ethereal Horse requirements. then the removal of age requirements to 'use' veteran rewards, only certain 'age' to claim them, and now they have removed the advantage of being a veteran player and having kept an account active for a period of 4 years or longer. these actions all basically say to the masses, "we want you to come play UO and we are trying to give you every last thing possible, including giving new players veteran status."

Mesanna 3 Vet Players 0
Total nonsense. No reason in the world these days for vets to have 20 more skill points.
And high end vet rewards are still a great veteran perk so whats your point again?

Veteran status should mainly be something earned on the playing field bud.

You have problems competing against young or new players and need those extra 20 points? I feel bad for you.
Or is it that you just don't feel special enough now?

Voodoo Bad Mojo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
any word on how this new Kings pack will be made up?

how much?
what all do we get with it besides entitlement to the items?
how many of the items do we get with it?
all, 5, 10, 1?

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bug Fixes

• 720.0 is now the default total skill cap for all players.
Perhaps They just meant that there were some players running around with more skill points than they should have as defualt, I know some chars who have 40LMC by defualt and some chars who have 70 all resists by default.

silent

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Right into production, eh?

Get ready for IDOCs again when some glitch in the code sends your primary house into decay after placing a Siege house...

budman23

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
What happens when he have a siege house on an account with a production shard house, when we go to replace or resize the Siege house?
Will placing a 2nd house on Siege idoc the other Siege house or the production shard house?
The same question if I place a 2nd house on the production shard, which one goes idoc?

Why does Mythic release important changes constantly on a Friday if they aren't staffed until a Monday?

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
any word on how this new Kings pack will be made up?

how much?
what all do we get with it besides entitlement to the items?
how many of the items do we get with it?
all, 5, 10, 1?
You get all of the items listed and are able to craft new items as well.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I can't help wonder if with this new pack coming to Origin store, we will also finally get to have stygian abyss available at the Brazil Origin store...

Regarding the new housing on Siege, I have two accounts with houses I don't mind losing, so I might hop on Siege during the weekend, try to make enough gold to place two 8x8 and see what happens.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so whats the cost of the packs....1.99 ...2.99 .....surely they cant charge much more for deco?

Shakkara

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just received word that they're considering to give the red chair all facings, instead of just south and east. :)

For the couches it appears not to be possible for technical reasons :mad:

Gb8719

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran

I think the point of this was to get rid of the people running two clients with 2 accounts and then botting on the second account to act as a backup healer.

Just a theory.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I think the point of this was to get rid of the people running two clients with 2 accounts and then botting on the second account to act as a backup healer.

Just a theory.

Is that on Test? Maybe I'll go see if it borks my Taming...