• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Using the Hue ID

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like that you can use the Pinco's Get Hue ID to find out what the color makeup is, but is there a way to use that ID to set a dye tub to that ID? So far i've only used it to compare two items that look almost the same color to tell them apart (like the different colors of the Poinsettias). I have not quite figured out what I can do with the Hue ID once i have. Thanks

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like that you can use the Pinco's Get Hue ID to find out what the color makeup is, but is there a way to use that ID to set a dye tub to that ID? So far i've only used it to compare two items that look almost the same color to tell them apart (like the different colors of the Poinsettias). I have not quite figured out what I can do with the Hue ID once i have. Thanks
is useful to check the color of certain artifacts or rare items so you can avoid scams while trading certain rares, or just to know the name of a color if you want to replicate it with a pigment :p

the dye tubs already have the function to pick the color from other items (but only the normal dye tubs, special colors are excluded).

jeza

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I use it on my cloth reward from tailoring BODS as some have the same color ID but appear slightly different and cannot be combined without using a sewing kit.
If I got a new cloth and want to know if it matched with one I already have to combine them I use the Hue ID tool.

Last edited:

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the information. We've used it to identify colors that are pretty close as well. I was hoping that there was a way to set a tub to that particular color, but alas that doesn't seem to be the case. Pinco's I have several times to use the "Pick" option unsuccessfully, perhaps i had been targeting a "special" color. Thanks again for the UI and all it's great capabilities.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the information. We've used it to identify colors that are pretty close as well. I was hoping that there was a way to set a tub to that particular color, but alas that doesn't seem to be the case. Pinco's I have several times to use the "Pick" option unsuccessfully, perhaps i had been targeting a "special" color. Thanks again for the UI and all it's great capabilities.
yes, the pick can only get the colors obtainable from the tub, nothing else.

Magrimur

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Using a simple google search I can find half a dozen programs where you can 'customize and edit the HUEs in Ultima Online', but *none* of these can do the 1 simple task of Identifying the hue in-game. The europa gold cloth scam for example (amber pigment dyed), it's such an accepted scam that 75% of the players don't know it's a scam. It would also be nice to see what items are dyed what color for a multitude of purposes. Can you please make a Hue Identification program for the 2d client? I know such a program already exists, but I believe it is not allowed. So many programs, so little use, what a waste. There are a good number of die-hard old-school players who *only* use the 2d client.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Using a simple google search I can find half a dozen programs where you can 'customize and edit the HUEs in Ultima Online', but *none* of these can do the 1 simple task of Identifying the hue in-game. The europa gold cloth scam for example (amber pigment dyed), it's such an accepted scam that 75% of the players don't know it's a scam. It would also be nice to see what items are dyed what color for a multitude of purposes. Can you please make a Hue Identification program for the 2d client? I know such a program already exists, but I believe it is not allowed. So many programs, so little use, what a waste. There are a good number of die-hard old-school players who *only* use the 2d client.
there are several ways to id the hue on cc, but none of them are allowed and neither will be a program. If you use cc, you must use it AS IT IS, only cartographer and uo assist are allowed. Using any other program will buy you a free ban ticket.