• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[EM News] "Saving Grindylow."

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Grindylow is in trouble (again)!!! This time it seems to be quite serious!
She has been kidnapped and being held hostage until she comes up with what her captors want!
The Hunt to bring Grindy back to safety will begin Saturday Jan 5th at 7pm PST.
Meet at West Brit bank in Trammel for more information!

Event: Saving Grindylow

Date: 1/5/13

Time: 7pm PST

Meet: West Brit Bank Trammel

OCC: This will be part 1 of the event!

A Zombie

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Quite a moral conundrum there. As a zombie I should just say "hey save me the brain!" Come to think of it as a zombie I shouldn't worry about morals either. Darn, guess I'll go munch on someone else's brain and consider this

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Items required for Part 2: Flax Seed. Raptor Teeth. Hides. Serpents Venom. Bones. Ingots. Wood. Natural Dye.

Volunteers are "encouraged" to guess what she is building and place their theories in the mail at the EM Hall. The event resumes one week from today.

Lindae Lives

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This woman is constantly in trouble. She is a destabilising influence on society and should be incarcerated for her own protection and that of others.

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
BAH missed it...could someone post a synopsis of the event?
Overview.

Grindylow was captured last week by a group of mysterious beasts, who are forcing the errant sorceress to create some sort of magical object or device. (You get to guess what it is.) Following a series of clues that began at her laboratory, leading us to Shame, the Tomb of the Pharaohs, Ter Mur, the Farm in Malas, and at last, Isamu-Jima, we discovered notes she left behind and clues as to what she was creating. Her Soul Wisp - a familiar possessing its masters same obnoxious hair color - requests that volunteers attempt to decipher the clues and determine what the mysterious beasts might be building with the ingredients above. You can submit theories to the EM Wedding Building.

The Wisp also suggested that we might find clues as to the nature of these beasts amongst her laboratory.

But all I found was poop. (Seriously.)

Last edited:

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Saving Grindylow: Part 2
EM Crysania

Last week a search was made, SOS notes from Grindylow were found..What does this all mean? Who has taken Grindy captive and what in the world do they want her to make?? The SOS held clues, as does Grindy's workshop. Now is the time to piece all of this together..and try and save poor Grindy! She has sent her Soul Wisp..(hags do have little perks!) to help! Meet the Soul Wisp at West Britain Bank to find out more!

Event: Saving Grindylow- Episode II
Date: 1/12/13
Time: 7pm PST
Meet: West Britain Bank

WildStar

UO Baja News Reporter
Reporter
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Bump...This is tonight!

Lindae Lives

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What was she building in there? In my house, the consensus was some sort of Trojan Dragon that farts paintballs, but we were all very drunk and I'm sure we were barking up the wrong tree.

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I wasn't able to be at the event but I guessed that it was a slightly confusing mechanical leather beetle chocolatier that had a stinger that was mistakenly designed to inject serpent poison. I firmly believe that Grindylow meant that the stinger was suppose to inject chocolate in truffles and decorate surface designs onto molded chocolates.

I can't wait to hear that I am right!

Ifan

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I have also drawn a picture for you.

http://i47.***********/2pzybgj.png

It represents my ideal woman.

WildStar

UO Baja News Reporter
Reporter
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I wasn't able to be at the event but I guessed that it was a slightly confusing mechanical leather beetle chocolatier that had a stinger that was mistakenly designed to inject serpent poison. I firmly believe that Grindylow meant that the stinger was suppose to inject chocolate in truffles and decorate surface designs onto molded chocolates.
I can't wait to hear that I am right!

How about Titan Toilet Paper? (the truth)

WildStar

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
How about Titan Toilet Paper? (the truth)

WildStar
Oh no. She wouldn't do such! NO. No. no. no. no.
She did? Seriously? Where may I find this?

[Is is India where toilet paper is a Westerner's precious commode-ity. A holy grail of sorts]

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have also drawn a picture for you.

http://i47.***********/2pzybgj.png

It represents my ideal woman.
Ifan,
I thank you too for the picture. You are a talented artist! But to find a woman that also has musical farts? You aim so high! It will be difficult to find such.

hmmm... *looks at drawing again* Wait.. maybe you will. *decides the drawing is a drawing of Grindylow* The next time you are in Britain you should make an effort to meet the fine Lady Grindylow. She just might be the one you have been searching for.

Be well friend.
AW
*trots off to find a titan roll of toilet paper*

Ifan

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Ifan,
I thank you too for the picture. You are a talented artist! But to find a woman that also has musical farts? You aim so high! It will be difficult to find such.
hmmm... *looks at drawing again* Wait.. maybe you will. *decides the drawing is a drawing of Grindylow* The next time you are in Britain you should make an effort to meet the fine Lady Grindylow. She just might be the one you have been searching for.
Be well friend.
AW
*trots off to find a titan roll of toilet paper*
Dear Amber Witch,

Thank you for your kind words. I confess that it has been difficult to find a woman that lives up to my stringent high standards, but my quest continues unabated. Please rest assured that I will allow you to evaluate any potential matches before any goods or services are exchanged, as you are a well-educated and savvy woman and you have my respect. I hope to visit Britannia soon, and if you feel that this Grindylow may meet my criteria, I will seek her out.

I will also bring you some patented triple-ply toilet paper from the planet Earth, which is so rich in resources that they use fine paper, denser than parchment and softer than velvet, for the express purpose of post-excremental ablutions. It is a miraculous place. Other extraordinary inventions that I see on a daily basis include a steel chest that expels high-quality coffee from a faucet; a box into which dirty clothing is deposited with a cupful of liquidised soap, to emerge clean and fresh-smelling a mere hour later; and wagons that move without horses or any apparent form of external propulsion. (I am not allowed within one hundred metres of the latter unless I have a minder, following an unfortunate incident wherein Lindae and I stole one and drove it into the produce section of our local supermarket.)

I look forward to seeing you when I am next in Sosaria.

Yours sincerely,

Ifan

WildStar

UO Baja News Reporter
Reporter
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Amber,

I would look in the Malas EM Building. Crysania said that she would put one on display.