• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pinco's UI

Lady Laurel

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
last question: do you use the legacy targeting mode?
Not at all.

And I will try some more hunting later only dragging health bars in other ways, though they have stuck when dragging them the other ways also, not just from the mobile itself.

ShadowTrauma

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Possible bug found. After installing the patch with the moongate gump, I can no longer use Fel gates when I have a faction sigil on my possession. If I hand it to someone else I can immeadately use the gate.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Possible bug found. After installing the patch with the moongate gump, I can no longer use Fel gates when I have a faction sigil on my possession. If I hand it to someone else I can immeadately use the gate.
make sure you are using the latest version...

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Version 5.6i
  • Now the weapons shows their special abilities in the item properties under the name.
    NOTE: it DOES NOT works on artifacts or named items or if you use the asian localization of the game.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I don't think that was so much a bug report as it was a chance to have a bit of a laugh...

I mean, if you were under that tree when it fell over... :)

Last edited:

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't think that was so much a bug report as it was a chance to have a bit of a laugh...

I mean, if you were under that tree when it fell over... :)
mmm if you think about it, those 2 are the perfect specials if they gonna add a falling tree :lol:

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've uploaded the fix suggested by bleak for the healthbars problem, everybody patch, try and let me know, thanks :p

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've uploaded the fix suggested by bleak for the healthbars problem, everybody patch, try and let me know, thanks :p
What should I be looking for exactly? Also there's a small bug introduced whereby the Lobster Trap gump now says "ful..." and two characters I can't quite make out, looks like an underlined o and percentage sign over an apostrophe... it's recording the catches correctly, just not saying "Full" as it used too ;)

Lady Laurel

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, I hauled my characters back into Wrong and kept my fingers crossed that this would fix the stuck health bars. It did seem to take longer than before, but the bars still ended up stuck :(

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Version 5.7

• Items names in the item properties now have 4 new default colors: Gray for plain, Red for residue items, Green for essence items, Light Blue for relic items, Purple for sets, Gold for artifacts. All the colors can be customized from the User Settings.
  • Fixed a problem that makes useless the toggle for intensity info.
  • Added a new layout for item properties. You can toggle it from user settings if you like to struggle with the old one.
  • In the new item properties layout, the properties cap is shown if the extra info are enabled instead of the intensity info.
  • If a property is at cap or higher, it will be shown with the artifact color.
  • Added an ultimate improvements to the item recognition system. Now the recognition is MUCH more accurate for items inside a container or in the paperdoll. The accuracy stills low for items on the ground.
  • In the new item properties layout the DPS is the weapon DPS and not the DPS that you have if you use it.
  • In the new item properties layout the weapon speed count only the weapon ssi and not your stamina or your total ssi.
  • Now the item properties shows the hidden properties of the ancient smith hammers.
  • The text of the container contents (under the containers gump), is now correctly visible in asian languages
  • Fixed a bug with the SoS messages, now they should place the marker in the right place.

With this is over the fist phase of the new item properties gump, if there are no bugs, I will proceed with the second phase :p

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry to say, the SoS bug is still present, at least for the last 8 that weren't previously trackable for me; Just to update the thread, these are the ones that don't plot correctly still

It could of course be an issue with my personal Pinco, so if you want I can drop the troublesome SOS of somewhere on Europa for you, and you can see if they track correctly for you?

Meat Elemental

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Looking good, but the font is very small on my laptop for item info and hard to read for me(bad eyes) Anyway to scale it or add a toggle for old item info?

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Looking good, but the font is very small on my laptop for item info and hard to read for me(bad eyes) Anyway to scale it or add a toggle for old item info?
There is a toggle if you scroll down the Pinco options list; there's also colour settings for each line of text if you get frustrated with the colour choices... but yes, the dark text on the larger gump was frustrating, so it was the first thing I looked to change

Meat Elemental

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There is a toggle if you scroll down the Pinco options list; there's also colour settings for each line of text if you get frustrated with the colour choices... but yes, the dark text on the larger gump was frustrating, so it was the first thing I looked to change
Thnx found it! Looked for it but so many options must have missed it.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Good job on the item tooltips. They look terrific!

Anvira

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Is it still possible to have the BOD's show the rewards that each particular one gives?

Not sure if it's a toggle or i just missed it.

thanks

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
My feeling is that the new tooltips are still a wip. I expect most of that stuff will get sorted before long.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry to say, the SoS bug is still present, at least for the last 8 that weren't previously trackable for me; Just to update the thread, these are the ones that don't plot correctly still

It could of course be an issue with my personal Pinco, so if you want I can drop the troublesome SOS of somewhere on Europa for you, and you can see if they track correctly for you?
bug reports link is in my signature, here is the ticket for this bug: link

Is it still possible to have the BOD's show the rewards that each particular one gives?

Not sure if it's a toggle or i just missed it.

thanks
if you find other stuff missing, just tell me :D

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here is a mini patch:
  • Increased the font size of the new item properties gump (especially with asian languages)
  • Fixed a bug that prevents to see the corpses content
  • Fixed the gargish earrings slot (it used to show "head armor" instead of "earrings slot")
  • The empty paperdoll's slots now shows the same slot name as the items
  • Restored the bod rewards info into the new properties gump

test the font size and let me know (even if something else is missing like the bod rewards)

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
bug reports link is in my signature, here is the ticket for this bug: link

if you find other stuff missing, just tell me :D
Well, I'd love to bug fix there, but my new account is missing :p

I tried to log in but it doesn't recognise my account, I tried to do password recovery and it's also not visible, and when I tried to make a new account again, it said:

[#10123] The administrator is currently not accepting new membership registrations.

So bug reports here for now I'm afraid. I updated to the mini patch, and it collects 6 out of the 8 shown above. The ones it's still not finding are both of the same text description;

"...Ar" 22o 14'S 55o 7'W which it plots to 22o 8'S 0o 00'E (which is just south of Britain Stables)
"...Ar" 00o 52'S 90o 0'W which it plots to 47o 0'S 0o 00'E (which is inside Castle British)

Also missing from the new Description Gump: "Sellers Description" for vendor item bags, it doesn't show the actual description.

Last edited:

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, I'd love to bug fix there, but my new account is missing :p

I tried to log in but it doesn't recognise my account, I tried to do password recovery and it's also not visible, and when I tried to make a new account again, it said:

[#10123] The administrator is currently not accepting new membership registrations.

So bug reports here for now I'm afraid. I updated to the mini patch, and it collects 2 out of the 8 shown above. The ones it's still not finding are both of the same text description;

"...Ar" 22o 14'S 55o 7'W which it plots to 22o 8'S 0o 00'E (which is just south of Britain Stables)
"...Ar" 00o 52'S 90o 0'W which it plots to 47o 0'S 0o 00'E (which is inside Castle British)
http://stratics.com/community/threads/registration-warning.292854/

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ok, with the last mini patch the new properties gump should be done :)
Just in time, if I remember well the account should be back to sleep in few days, and this is also the time remaining to report bugs. Next maintenance cycle will be in april hopefully :p

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I came back to UO 6 months ago and only play the EC now. I installed Pincos 3 months ago and I love it. I have one question tho, why did you change the weapon speed to no longer display what the speed is with Stamina & SSI? I found it quite useful and don't understand why you removed it. Thanks for such a great UI...

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I came back to UO 6 months ago and only play the EC now. I installed Pincos 3 months ago and I love it. I have one question tho, why did you change the weapon speed to no longer display what the speed is with Stamina & SSI? I found it quite useful and don't understand why you removed it. Thanks for such a great UI...
the whole system is changed... now in the character sheet you can see your dps and by examine another weapon you'll see how it changes, there is no more need for that...

Anvira

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I used to be able to search for a specific # for say a resistance on armor. Now when i put the # in for the search, it brings up everything? (because of the resist parameters).

What can I do to change this?

Thanks!

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I used to be able to search for a specific # for say a resistance on armor. Now when i put the # in for the search, it brings up everything? (because of the resist parameters).

What can I do to change this?

Thanks!
I don't understand what are you talking about :D

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've added an alternate link to the extended version of the install package so you can use it to download it faster (I hope google drive is faster...)

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The last mini patch have an upgrade of the treasure maps mark, not much different, just more cool :D

Anvira

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I don't understand what are you talking about :D
Sorry if i was unclear. Let me try again!

When I craft, sometimes i look for a specific resist on a piece of armor, lets say i want 12 Physical. typically i would do a bag search for 12, and it would pull up all items with the #12 in it, then i could filter for the appropriate result.

As I am trying to craft a couple pieces with the base resist for leather (2/4/3/3/3), it does not filter anymore (because you have included the base #'s on the item parameter, which is nice because i had no idea before).

So when i do the search now, it brings up all items, because all have the base property of say, any of the 2/4/3/3/3/.

Can I filter this result or is this intended as is?

Soooo, hopefully i described my question better this time :)

Thanks for all of your hard work Pinco, this is truly an amazing UI!!!

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry if i was unclear. Let me try again!

When I craft, sometimes i look for a specific resist on a piece of armor, lets say i want 12 Physical. typically i would do a bag search for 12, and it would pull up all items with the #12 in it, then i could filter for the appropriate result.

As I am trying to craft a couple pieces with the base resist for leather (2/4/3/3/3), it does not filter anymore (because you have included the base #'s on the item parameter, which is nice because i had no idea before).

So when i do the search now, it brings up all items, because all have the base property of say, any of the 2/4/3/3/3/.

Can I filter this result or is this intended as is?

Soooo, hopefully i described my question better this time :)

Thanks for all of your hard work Pinco, this is truly an amazing UI!!!
nothing is changed in the container search, if you search 12 it find all the items with any mod with 12... anyways, the bugs report must go in the right place :p

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had the time to improve a bit the item comparison and add a toggle to it.

Improved the item comparison:
  • Now it compares also the following properties: damage increase, lower reagent cost, lower mana cost, swing speed increase, hit chance increase, defense chance increase, mana regeneration, hit point regeneration, hit point increase, mana increase and stamina increase.
  • If the new value brings you over the cap, the comparison will shows only what you really gain.
  • The properties that will be removed by switching the items will be added to the item that you are examining with a negative value and highlighted in red.
  • If you are examining a weapon, now it will be correctly compared to the one you are using (1 or 2 handed make no more differences). The system will NOT count what you lose if you are wearing a shield.

cdavbar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the spot is the same, just scale the map as much as you can if you can't get the right point :p
Yeah i use scale toggle all the time. Its more that the X is thicker than before so it covers up some of the nearby identifying pixels. No biggie though, still alot better than any alternative out there :).

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've uploaded a mini patch, try if you still get lag with the new item properties and let me know, thanks :)

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Major thumbs up for this patch.
The memory leak problem and thus major slowdown I used to suffer from crafting items is also gone. :D

No more having to logout and log back in to fix the leak after crafting 150+ items to fill bods or do heartwood quests.

kongomongo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
Awesome work Pinco! Why do you put your account to sleep? Maybe we can donate so you dont? :)

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awesome work Pinco! Why do you put your account to sleep? Maybe we can donate so you dont? :)
well, I'm basically paying the accounts to work on the UI only... I have not much fun in grinding alone, so I just renew the accounts to refresh the houses and update the UI, at least until I don't see any serious improvements to the game...
since every game right now are about grinding, I play diablo 3 so I can gain real money. Boring for boring, at least I get something in return (money if not fun :D )

about the UI right now there is not much to do, and I have no more doable ideas for now :p

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Not sure what you may have patched this time and don't know about anyone else but OMG I have insane LAG!!!!! Help!

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Well drat....... I'm in serious lag