• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Joining forces with the Trammies

Should we join our forums together?

• Total voters

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I know some of my fellow old timer thieves will not like this idea, but I need to put it forth. I'd like to end the split of the thief forums.

You can argue all day about what is "thieving" and what isn't. But, dangit, those crates over there in Trammeville still have the stealing skill. Whats more, the new Exodus thing has even made it that some Trammie thieves are running around with the snooping skill! We aren't getting any new blood in the PvP thief world. The ones I've managed to recruit over the last few years have all been converted Doom thieves. Players haven't started out as PvPers in 13 years. All new blood comes from Trammel.

I want us to put aside the petty squabbling. We have 1.5 decades of wisdom to offer these Trammie youngins. In return, they can offer us life. The only new thieves will come from the ranks of the crates. Let's join together. Offer them training advice where possible. In the meantime, we can try to lure them over to the fun and challenge of PvP thieving and breathe a little life into our profession.

I don't know about you all, but the most joy I've got from thieving in the last few years has been taking a Trammie and introducing him to the fun and excitement of Fel. You should hear their reaction when they make that first theft and get away. It's awesome.

Thoughts?

The Predator

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Nonel --- I like this idea. I may be willing to get something going on Atlantic to offer my advice and expertise I have accumulated over the years. I haven't been that active in quite some time....but....I may have some free time on my hands in the upcoming months. Let me see what I can put together.

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I could help out on Atl. I also still have thieves on Cats, Chessy, GL, and Siege. My main "thief" account isn't active anymore, though, so those are the shards I'm limited to. :(

It seems to me that any and all attention to stealing from the development side is going to focus on crates. Can't blame them, putting resources into Fel is like beating a dead horse. Hopefully we pickpockets can capitalize off of new thief additions in the future, no matter what facet it focuses on.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm all for it. As long as people don't start flaming each other for different play styles like before.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I'm all for it. As long as people don't start flaming each other for different play styles like before.
If they do it will be dealt with. Best advice for everyone on this, if someone flames don't respond to it.. Report it and let the Mods handle it. If you go back and forth both parties are at risk of being infracted.