• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Atlantic Rollback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A friend of mine lost out on 200 mil due to selling an item on Napa and recieving the gold on ATL. The buyer of the item says he lost the item due to transfering it to ATL and cannot replace the money but if they fix the transfers the buyer is up and the seller is out. I hope that a situation like this is rare but it could be fairly common, thankfully my buddy is rather indifferent to it all but still....

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Interesting. How did the skill loss work back in the day? I did not know that existed. I know the no skill locks and walking into someone making a camp and get screwed, but not about the rez penalty. How did you avoid getting penalized?
If I recall correctly it was after you died a gump would open asking you if you wished to rez now with a penelty or stay as a ghost thus finding a healer or a res from a player. Everyone made the mistake of taking the res at least once, some people took it all the way back to 0 skill trying to get thier loot back or the server logging it all during the late night server down fights at brit cem....

HonorableAdventurer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good luck tying your shoes. you'll need it.
And yet again the question cannot be answered as to why everyone should lose ...
Just the same old same old it was my stuff and thats whats important here not everyone elses stuff just mine all mine !
There have been dupes , lost items , lost chars and so forth throughout the history of UO why shall we stop at just fixing this lets cost everyone everything and fix it all ...
Now I would work on tying my shoes but the bod sorting I started last week is almost finished so I shall finish that up and then get right on that

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And yet again the question cannot be answered as to why everyone should lose ...
Just the same old same old it was my stuff and thats whats important here not everyone elses stuff just mine all mine !
There have been dupes , lost items , lost chars and so forth throughout the history of UO why shall we stop at just fixing this lets cost everyone everything and fix it all ...
Now I would work on tying my shoes but the bod sorting I started last week is almost finished so I shall finish that up and then get right on that
Without a full revert, people who lost years worth of items in transfers during this revert, would get that back at the cost of everyone losing 12... 14 days worth of stuff.

HonorableAdventurer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Without a full revert, people who lost years worth of items in transfers during this revert, would get that back at the cost of everyone losing 12... 14 days worth of stuff.
And what do you say to the person who tamed the perfect pet ...or the person who placed the perfect home they have wanted in their 15 years of playing ...or people who got one of a kind drop that they would most likely never see again ... That those peoples items are worth more then yours because we say so ?

There have been people who have lost years worth of stuff do to bugs and scams and whatever where is their revert ?

Last edited:

Gospel

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And what do you say to the person who tamed the perfect pet ...or the person who placed the perfect home they have wanted in their 15 years of playing ...or people who got one of a kind drop that they would most likely never see again ... That those peoples items are worth more then yours because we say so ?

There have been people who have lost years worth of stuff do to bugs and scams and whatever where is their revert ?
What the hell is wrong with your reading comprehension? The problem isn't that nobody is explaining the point to you. The problem is that you're too self-absorbed and flat out dense you can't understand the point. People like you really are a waste of time debating with, because you're just not intelligent enough to understand what the other side is saying.

By all means, stop trying to argue with the adults.

HonorableAdventurer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What the hell is wrong with your reading comprehension? The problem isn't that nobody is explaining the point to you. The problem is that you're too self-absorbed and flat out dense you can't understand the point. People like you really are a waste of time debating with, because you're just not intelligent enough to understand what the other side is saying.

And yet you just cant answer my question ...Why should everyone lose because some lost ?

Wait werent you the guy from earlier wishing harm on people in and out of game ?

Last edited:

Rhiannon

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ya know what I find to be most interesting and a little sad? I've been on these forums for all these years. The last year, there have been days and days with NO posts in the areas I read. Yet today, this single thread has over 500 replies.

Gospel

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And yet you just cant answer my question ...Why should everyone lose because some lost ?

Wait werent you the guy from earlier wishing harm on people in and out of game ?
Thank you for proving my point. And no, I didn't wish harm on anyone... but with your level of reading comprehension I'm sure any number of interpretations are possible.

READ CAREFULLY NOW... SOUND IT OUT... YOUR "QUESTION" HAS BEEN ANSWERED MULTIPLE TIMES, NOT THAT ANYONE IN THEIR RIGHT MINDS SHOULD FEEL OBLIGATED TO ADDRESS ANY OF YOUR CONCERNS.

Wait.. wait... Read it again, son. There you go. Ooops no, no wait... read it. Read it. You can do this.

HonorableAdventurer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you for proving my point. And no, I didn't wish harm on anyone... but with your level of reading comprehension I'm sure any number of interpretations are possible.

READ CAREFULLY NOW... SOUND IT OUT... YOUR "QUESTION" HAS BEEN ANSWERED MULTIPLE TIMES, NOT THAT ANYONE IN THEIR RIGHT MINDS SHOULD FEEL OBLIGATED TO ADDRESS ANY OF YOUR CONCERNS.

Wait.. wait... Read it again, son. There you go. Ooops no, no wait... read it. Read it. You can do this.
Please point out the answer you are referring to

Last edited:

Gospel

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please point out the answer you are referring to

God you're thick. Cetric is the one I see most recently spelling it out for you, but there are several. And yeah, I read your flimsy response about "taming the perfect pet." It's a matter of weighing one against the other.

At this point it's a pointless argument anyways. The decision was already made, right or wrong, so carry on in blissful ignorance.

HonorableAdventurer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
God you're thick. Cetric is the one I see most recently spelling it out for you, but there are several. And yeah, I read your flimsy response about "taming the perfect pet." It's a matter of weighing one against the other.

At this point it's a pointless argument anyways. The decision was already made, right or wrong, so carry on in blissful ignorance.
So the answer to my question of why should everyone lose is because you feel its the right thing ... Geez I am sorry I didnt get it sooner

Sorry just doesnt fly with me that you put more value on your items and chars then my items and chars ...they are both items and chars so why should I lose my progress because you did

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No one who plays this game wants to see a revert occur but I certainly hope that the same goes that no one wants to see players lose out of thier collections or other efforts beyond the 2 week range. We can all farm more pets, go to more events for that one cool item or camp a house but kicking some one in the nuts, telling them it was a mistake whilst attempting to implant a size ten in the backside is even worse.

HonorableAdventurer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No one who plays this game wants to see a revert occur but I certainly hope that the same goes that no one wants to see players lose out of thier collections or other efforts beyond the 2 week range. We can all farm more pets, go to more events for that one cool item or camp a house but kicking some one in the nuts, telling them it was a mistake whilst attempting to implant a size ten in the backside is even worse.
And the same can be said about people replacing the items they lost

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's been lively. Those that got hurt by an apparent system glitch are on a rampage. Only thing that seems likely to make them happy is to screw over everyone else.

500+ posts so far...
Thats not true, there are people who did not get hurt yet still believe the right thing to do is back it all up. I'd rather give up the 2 weeks and see 2 people made whole than carry on and ignore them.

What would you tell your children to do? What would your mother tell you to do? Step up people and act like adults. Yes it sucks but it sucks way worse if even one person is destroyed.

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And the same can be said about people replacing the items they lost
Only if these said items are able to still be had in the game. There are items that cannot be found anymore and those are the items some, like myself, are talking about. Some house that is currently IDOC and it's plot will still be IDOC and the plot will still be there, dragons spawn as do blaze dogs, stuff from shame or a EM event last week still have the same chance of dropping. Stuff from years back are old and not part of the current system.

HonorableAdventurer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thats not true, there are people who did not get hurt yet still believe the right thing to do is back it all up. I'd rather give up the 2 weeks and see 2 people made whole than carry on and ignore them.

What would you tell your children to do? What would your mother tell you to do? Step up people and act like adults. Yes it sucks but it sucks way worse if even one person is destroyed.
Give the people who claim to have lost stuff everything you have aquired in the last two weeks and heck while your at it farm for the next month and donate it to the Atlantic fund ... There now you can sacrifice as you so willingly want to

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Great idea, so I guess you are starting this fund? That is admirable beyond words and I commend you for your efforts at righting this wrong. Can you post your contact information so everyone can begin?

Last edited:

HonorableAdventurer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Great idea, so I guess you are starting this fund as it is you're idea. That is admirable beyond words and I commend you for your efforts at righting this wrong. Can you post your contact information so everyone can begin?
No it is not my idea stroll over to the Atlantic forums people have already started this ... I await to see how much you donate

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No it is not my idea stroll over to the Atlantic forums people have already started this ... I await to see how much you donate
I'll put up 25 mil on Napa to this cause. If people wish to set up some type of auction I have a few, not many, but a few "rares" that I could also add.
Don't dodge the call to action, you can rant and rave all you want but here is the chance to shine. It just occured to me that you "HonarableAdventurer" have known about this thread and you call others to action yet I fail to see your signature any where on the postings. What a stand up person you are, a saviour to society and a man amongst men.

Last edited:

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
In your mind its greater but to the people who has their 12 days of stuff safe and sound its not ...The Devs apparently feel the same as the masses ...So I guess we should just be grateful you are not in charge
Who knows....he might have tested the new back ups.

HonorableAdventurer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like how you say "we" as if anyone here actually agreed with your idiocy. All you have done in 4 replies is illustrate my point over and over. Ugh, seriously... I can have more intelligent conversations with my cat.

It had nothing to do with "in my mind." 2 is greater than one. If you can't grasp that you're more of a lost cause than I thought.
Look through the post there are far more that disagree with everyone losing because some did ...
And you are correct 2 is greater than one and there are far more people not affected by the revert as there that were so why make all suffer when we can get away with a handful

Last edited:

HonorableAdventurer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Don't dodge the call to action, you can rant and rave all you want but here is the chance to shine. It just occured to me that you "HonarableAdventurer" have known about this thread and you call others to action yet I fail to see your signature any where on the postings. What a stand up person you are, a saviour to society and a man amongst men.
Never did I claim I wanted to sacrifice anything as you have done ..I have lost and I suck it up and move on .... You wanted to do so I pointed you in the direction of doing ..I do believe a thx is in order

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think all the posts calling for a full revert is getting old. Dont you think that was on the table with 10s of other options when this occured? If they thought it was a fesable option in the begining then they would have done it.

There the UO team there the ones that have ALL the information on this and brainstormed all the options and outcomes and they chose the one that was most appropriate.

Again there the ones with ALL the information, all we have is "coruption beyond our control"

Thunderz

Gospel

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Look through the post there are far more that disagree with everyone losing because some did ...
And you are correct 2 is greater than one and there are far more people not affected by the revert as there that were so why make all suffer when we can get away with a handful
*Yawn*

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
People like you really are a waste of time debating with, because you're just not intelligent enough to understand what the other side is saying.

Gospel, even if I share your point - why are you always so agressive and insulting in your tone? Noticed this several times... Is this necessary? Can´t you just become a bit more polite, please?

Gospel

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Gospel, even if I share your point - why are you always so agressive and insulting in your tone? Noticed this several times... Is this necessary? Can´t you just become a bit more polite, please?
That WAS me being polite heheh :)

claudia-fjp

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Let's do the rough math, 15 years of play time for 1 person is the equivalent of 12 days play time for around 450 people. So you're talking about wiping out the considerable man hours of many thousands of otherwise unaffected people who are bystanders just to make a few whole.

Which is the greater travesty, the accidental tragedy or the intentional one?

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The whole "Total Revert"-Idea is ridiculous. There is no situation in RL where any responsible politician, entrepreneur or whatever would do something like this. It´s just the wish of a small minority that cannot accept its losses.

Let me please point out, that I always said that I feel with my Atlantic friends and that they need to be compensated generously. But - even if I repeat myself - making EVERYBODY ELSE victim of the grief of a hand full people is just the wrong way. I is wrong and it will be wrong - whatever your skillful sophisms will be. You don´t need maths, nor language comprehension - simple ethics is enough. If such thing happened on Drachenfels, I would never want other shards to be victims, too... Its just silly - nothing more, nothing less.

Can we please turn to the important question: How can the Dev´s help? How can they clean up this mess for our Atlantic friends?

SunWolf

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you transfered a charater to atlantic longer than the 7 days and you do not have that charater. Page a gm and wait patiently, they will ask for your charater's name and what shard they was transfered from. You still need to make room on the atlantic shard for your charater to finish the transfer after the team finds and pulls them out of limbo. Hearing also people are geting back charaters who did a transfer and didn't page a gm. So in time everyone should have thier charater back if they lost one during a transfer during the rollback.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes. SunWolf, they just need to be patient. We can pull out the hammer in 2 weeks, if we see that nothing has happend, nothing has been repaired etc. Til then, they deserve a chance to get things back working. There are many people out there being calm - not only those x-sharders, billionaires and stratics-posters... they are a minority. Most people are not x-ferring billions and trading ****loads of rares. Most people just run around and play the game. The others are the minority. However, a minority that deserves help. I understand their pains! So, repair as much as you can - and compensate them for the rest!

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
when I first logged in I had no transfered chars thats when I posted but when I got home acouple hours later after work and logged in again I found all my transfered chars and their stuff waiting for me in various towns on ATL , so I got lucky
^^ this is what happened to me
THIS is what the devs are doing now. You don't need them to come on here and tell you, you just have to read what's happening now. They ARE completing all lost transfers. There are several more posts like this if you go back through the thread. Why are they not posting? I don't know, I'm not a mind reader, but perhaps this.
I suspect many people aren't telling the truth about what they have lost in order to get something out of this.
might have something to do with it?
as for
either way they can keep their 30 days of free play, it's insulting.
You lost 2 weeks gametime, they replace with 30 days gametime. A logical business decision regarding time.
The devs didn't cause this problem. They're working flat out and all hours of day and night to fix it. Lighten up on them, they don't deserve the abuse.

Rimeny

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
THIS is what the devs are doing now. You don't need them to come on here and tell you, you just have to read what's happening now. They ARE completing all lost transfers. There are several more posts like this if you go back through the thread. Why are they not posting? I don't know, I'm not a mind reader, but perhaps this.
Do you know this for sure Petra? If so then I will sit tight and stop waiting for my 30hr old page to be responded to.

Last edited:

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am only going by what people have posted here. Scroll back a ways, you'll see other posts from people who's transfers have now been completed.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One last add-on to the discussion about a total revert:

At least two general approaches to ethics apply here - the first (rather ancient one) is the so-called "golden rule":

"One should not treat others in ways that one would not like to be treated." (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Rule) This kinda thinking is part of almost all religions and implies that a person that follows this simple ethics doesn´t want that others have to suffer the same things they actually suffer. Wanting that others have to suffer in the same way (for whatever reasons) essentially is un-ethical.

Another approach is the benevolent, rather consequentialistic form of Utilitarism: People should decide in a way that maximizes benefit for the maximum number of people - or from the reverse point of view: People should avoid decisions that will lead to a negative outcome for a maximum number of people (very short form, more info, read here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Consequentialism).

You can even argue from the backgroud of Kantian deontological ethics: "Act only according to that maxim by which you can also will that it would become a universal law." (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deontological_ethics) According to this ethical approach the question would be, if you would advocate such massive manipulations like a total revert in every other case, too - and of course in cases, which would not affect yourself...

So, IMHO there is no ethical guideline that would justify a "total revert". A total revert is nothing but the outcome of egoistic, non-ethical thinking.

Thank you for your attention!

:gee:

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So the server reset message just popped up telling us to get ready......

EDIT - It's down. Lets hope if/when it comes back that it's not the 5th again.

Last edited:

Brash

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Just paged a GM about the transfer I had made and character/items I had lost. The GM informed me that I would very likely get my character back, though they were unsure as to whether or not my items would be with him or not.

They were courteous, and even said that if I hadn't had any progress with getting the character back that I should feel free to page them again in a couple days. They also said that the goal is to have it all settled by the weekend (though it seemed implied that that might not actually happen, as the GM stated that there were thousands of tickets they had to deal with).

I was informed that the GM was unable to actually do any of the actual work toward getting my character back, though they would send in a request to have it taken care of on a different level. Very shortly after my talk with them, I received an email stating that my ticket had been sent to the next level.

One other thing of note - when I told them I had a missing character, I didn't say the name. The GM told me my character's name, asking if they had it correct. I found this encouraging :)

Though I have yet to get my character and stuff back, it's only been a few hours, and I was told it would take a day or two most likely.

I thought you folks would appreciate a heads-up about my positive experience. Here's hoping that I get my gear/transfer items back as well.

Edit: Oh, one more thing. I asked about the 30-day game code they were going to give me, and I was told that it would (in a few days) be automatically applied to my account. I have two accounts, both of which were affected by this, so it should be interesting to see if I'll get the free month on just one or both accounts.

Last edited:

Ron Silverbeard

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Told you be patient and wait what their task-force is going to do - now it seems like they built an action plan and starting to work on every point on the list, handing out instructions to the GM's and customer service what and how to do it..

Its just the way it has to be done as a company by not abusing any legal stuff..

I understand people are upset if something like this happens but nobody on this planet would be able to handle all the issues by snapping a finger and its done.

I hope this action plan goes on and without any more and new problems apear, and i am pretty sure most if not all of you will be pleased at the end....just have to wait a bit in the line till your ticket gets called up ;)

So peace out peeps!

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All you cannot please - people who gained hard skills need time or SOTs, people who were lucky to purchase something out of a vendor by luck don't have that luck again, and people who placed a perfect house plot and lost it again, will also stay troubled, since more game time is not really compensating for such experience. But it is good to see, that at least characters and items from transfers can be recovered somewhat successful.
And since EA is not obligated for any compensation, its good that they offer something.
If some ingame gift (i.e. Mythic token, Vet reward charge, Soulstone token) etc. - not sure if it should be all for each account or selectable like the AoS rewards once were - could be added, this would also help several players.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ull find everyone as chars on atlantic...so everyone will be affected.......and yes im having some of this..''.i lost some stuff''............:next:

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A skill gain compensation could be a 24 hour lasting POWERHOUR in all skills Atlantic only...
The problem could be, well you know what i mean....
they could (probably) turn on the black-rock thing again that they used to test the New Haven accelerated gaining system as well

Status
Not open for further replies.