• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Atlantic Rollback

Status
Not open for further replies.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
why dont they give you some stock options too.

loook at the positive. looks like we got that nice gold wipe everyone was complaining needed to be done.

remember its a game for you but a business for them. your not supposed to be making a living off the pixels anyway. read your tos. your operating on the fringe so they sorta dont owe you anything.

i'm also laughing at the amount of you who are out ''BILLIONS''

sorry for my cynicism.
I bet you would be laughing if it was all your gold and items that were wiped, and over half a years work.

And who is operating a business? I have never said anything about making a living off pixels. How disgusting of you to assume the above, and with that to be casting aspersions upon the character of those who have lost a lot in this grubby way. It goes to YOUR character not mine, and I find it seriously LACKING.

I know the tos inside and out and have always abided by it, can you say the same? I have NEVER sold one thing in game for real life dollars, nor bought a single thing off a gold seller site, including gold. My game enjoyment is buying rares in game, for my museum. 676 million in lost gold is a LOT of rares I can no longer purchase for display. To get my money I have to work like stink, grinding for hour upon hour. Being a merchant and operating a museum has been my gameplay for 8 years. I always run vendors, have done for years, I also give away tons and tons of stuff to assist new players.

Will 30 days gameplay compensate me, not in the slightest so YES they do OWE me. If they are going to treat me, as a player, different to how they treat other players then yes they DO. They wiped my 12 days and more than 50% of my YEARS income. If they do that to everyone else then sure, I have no right to complain or expect compensation. But they haven't. Due to circumstances completely out of my control, and solely the responsibility of EA I am being singled out and penalized due to their error.

So you can laugh all you like. Due to this UO will in all likelihood lose my three accounts.

RaDian FlGith

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
While I feel badly for the players of Atlantic, and for those who transfered stuff there during the revert period, the answer to this issue is NOT reverting every shard in the game. This is a PR thing that Mythic needs to handle, and they need to figure out how to handle it, and they definitely need to do better than 30-days of gametime. But reverting the entire game is not the answer.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No one is laughing here. I on the other hand, do not want to see them screw every other player due to one servers misfortunes. I've already lost enough havent you?

And gold now days is only worth 30-35 cents per mil. Even at 200m dropped from this revert that is $60. I feel you, A 14 dollar game code doesn't even cover that cost.

Thanks but no thanks.
The reason this needs to be looked at isn't out of some sort of jealosy towards the other shards, but because as much as was lost on Atlantic, just as much was gained through error if people transfered things off of atlantic during this time.

Say you bought something for 1bill gold on atlantic, then you transfered the item to GL. The revert now means that you have your 1bill gold back on alantic, but also have the item you purchsed on GL. This is also true if u had 100 barbed kits on atlantic, and transfered them to GL. Now you have 100 barbed kits on both shards.

So not only ar tons of people at a major loss, but lots of cross shard traders lost characters, items, gold, you name it. Now you mix in the amount of items that have now been duplicated to other shards?

Who's to say thos that are essentially laughing at those who have lost, aren't those who have gained in a major way and haven't admitted it.

Last edited:

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not to rain on your parade... 676,000,000 X .89 = $601.64....
I am that upset even using the calculator is difficult. So I guess they owe me .... hmmm about 40 months game time?

FFS I am just so upset.

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is bad and all but if you read the ToS it basically says our sub money goes to renting their pixels. So we can basically eat anything that we didn't buy from the origin store since it's not really ours to begin with.

I didn't lose billions of gold or anything but i did lose a solid weeks work building a character, working stats, building a suit, weps, marking runes blah blah blah.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The only way to get everyone back on a level field is a complete revert. With a complete revert everyone loses the last two weeks, but everything that existed before December 5 goes back to its original owner. To ask an unluck few to bear a disproportionate share of the burden due to EA screw up is not right. And for the record, I do not play ATL and lost nothing there... in addtion I stand to lose the 2 characters I retrained and 3 new suits that I spent hours and hours building... but I still think it is the right thing to do to square everyone.

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The reason this needs to be looked at isn't out of some sort of jealosy towards the other shards, but because as much as was lost on Atlantic, just as much was gained through error if people transfered things off of atlantic during this time.

Say you bought something for 1bill gold on atlantic, then you transfered the item to GL. The revert now means that you have your 1bill gold back on alantic, but also have the item you purchsed on GL. This is also true if u had 100 barbed kits on atlantic, and transfered them to GL. Now you have 100 barbed kits on both shards.

So not only ar tons of people at a major loss, but lots of cross shard traders lost characters, items, gold, you name it. Now you mix in the amount of items that have now been duplicated to other shards?

Who's to say thos that are essentially laughing at those who have lost, aren't those who have gained in a major way and haven't admitted it.

No it's jealousy. Transferring things from ATL isn't an error. You don't know what caused the revert, so you can't form an opinion otherwise.

Besides they are not replacing the items remember?? Theyre giving us a whopping 30 days of free play. So transferring something off ATL isn't going to duplicate it back on ATL.

There is no justification to screw everyone else over.

But go ahead and revert everything, see what players you have left.

I will be deleting everything on 3 accounts.

Last edited:

Schatzi

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
is there a point playing till we here if they will cave and revert rest
I would like to know also as I am sure a lot of other people do. But to me they should have
already reverted the rest of the shards early today if they were going to do so.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No it's jealousy. Transferring things from ATL isn't an error. You don't know what caused the revert, so you can't form an opinion otherwise.

Besides they are not replacing the items remember?? Theyre giving us a whopping 30 days of free play. So transferring something off ATL isn't going to duplicate it back on ATL.

There is no justification to screw everyone else over.

But go ahead and revert everything, see what players you have left.

I will be deleting everything on 3 accounts.
you don't get it. say you had 100mil on atlantic on Dec. 4th, you transfered it to GL on Dec. 6th. they reverted atl back to Dec. 5th. you now have 100mil on atlantic like you never transfered it, but have 100mil on GL because you did transfr it. You now have 200mil when you only had 100mil. This is an example, but i know from friends in the game that this did occur... and it occured in major ways.

One guy alone had a pair of the alchemical bracers on Atl, worth about 1bill gold. He transfered his char from atl with a suit, consisting of a slither, and about 300mil in other armor/gold/scrolls/skill, etc, to Lake Superior. Atlantic reverted, so he now has this char on lake superior with these items, suit, etc, but he ALSO has the identical char on atlantic, items and all. His char has been completely duplicated, and he has already been trying to sell the bracers, so if some sort of duplication check takes place, his gold is laundered. Shady stuff, but its what they are all gunna do. i just chatted with this guy on icq because i had a post on the trade forums about buying non-replica alchemical bracers.

Last edited:

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Besides they are not replacing the items remember?? Theyre giving us a whopping 30 days of free play. So transferring something off ATL isn't going to duplicate it back on ATL..
He's saying, say you had 1 billion gold on atlantic dec 5th and decided to xfer it to whatever shard anytime after then. Now since the revert you would have your original 1 billion gold back on atlantic and also have your 1 billion gold on whatever shard you went to.

Some people doubled their money/goods. Some lost all.

SixUnder

Legendary Assassin
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the onl true way to fix the problems is to revert all shards to dec. 5th, give out 30day code to every ccount, and a few mythic tokens for skills lost. hell, just give everyone30 days and $200 store credit to the mythic store for forged metal tools for rebuilding suits now gone, and mythic tokens for lost skill.

there needs to be something for compensation besides a 30 day gametime code (smack in the face)
i hear ya cet, but they wont give anything out of value for free. gametime will be it, experience through many reverts including the black hole fix tells me this. i seen people place castles during a time of revert, and this was 10 years ago when the accounts were 5x were what they are now, and nothing was done. Sucks, just how they are.

HonorableAdventurer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The only way to get everyone back on a level field is a complete revert. With a complete revert everyone loses the last two weeks, but everything that existed before December 5 goes back to its original owner. To ask an unluck few to bear a disproportionate share of the burden due to EA screw up is not right. And for the record, I do not play ATL and lost nothing there... in addtion I stand to lose the 2 characters I retrained and 3 new suits that I spent hours and hours building... but I still think it is the right thing to do to square everyone.
How about we just revert the game back to day one ! Throughout the history of UO there has been dupes , cheats , botting and so forth so lets just erase everything and hope this time none of that happens .... Everyone calling for a revert of all shards is just being silly so because you lost things the only way you will feel better is if everyone loses things ... Its sad that some people lost and not a good thing that there are duplicate items but by no way that means I should lose my last 12 days ... People lost homes to billing issues where wasthe revert , there have been major dupes where was the revert ..
Everyone is claiming they want best for the game well by your reasons the best thing would be wiping all the servers and starting fresh and preventing the cheating and duping and so forth

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It is bad and all but if you read the ToS it basically says our sub money goes to renting their pixels. So we can basically eat anything that we didn't buy from the origin store since it's not really ours to begin with.

I didn't lose billions of gold or anything but i did lose a solid weeks work building a character, working stats, building a suit, weps, marking runes blah blah blah.
I lost a solid weeks work on my characters too, I marked 40 rune books for my shop the other day, all gone poof as well. Trained up characters, spent hours getting keys for exodus, etc etc, but my transfer from Oceania to here isn't 12 days work, it was 6 months or more of work, I may as well not have played for the past 6 months, yet EA has accepted my MONEY to play for the past 6 months and then reneged on the reward and effort of that play.

All they are offering one months free play in lieu. Why would I want that? I just had 6 months PAID play that they basically wiped.. I really want another month so the next time they have a problem they can revert and I lose that as well, no thanks.

I also want to know how they are going to determine 'who' is entitled even to that? Anyone who logged onto Atlantic in the last 12 days, gets a free month?

Exactly how are they gonna do that?

SixUnder

Legendary Assassin
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
He's saying, say you had 1 billion gold on atlantic dec 5th and decided to xfer it to whatever shard anytime after then. Now since the revert you would have your original 1 billion gold back on atlantic and also have your 1 billion gold on whatever shard you went to.

Some people doubled their money/goods. Some lost all.
not if they revert the atl transfers

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you don't get it. say you had 100mil on atlantic on Dec. 4th, you transfered it to GL on Dec. 6th. they reverted atl back to Dec. 5th. you now have 100mil on atlantic like you never transfered it, but have 100mil on GL because you did transfr it. You now have 200mil when you only had 100mil. This is an example, but i know from friends in the game that this did occur... and it occured in major ways.

Right so lets screw everyone. Lets take me for example. I've already lost 200m. So to take back what a few gained, you're wanting to screw me out of another 1 billion + gold and a keep.

Yeah, this is fair........pass.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
How about we just revert the game back to day one ! Throughout the history of UO there has been dupes , cheats , botting and so forth so lets just erase everything and hope this time none of that happens .... Everyone calling for a revert of all shards is just being silly so because you lost things the only way you will feel better is if everyone loses things ... Its sad that some people lost and not a good thing that there are duplicate items but by no way that means I should lose my last 12 days ... People lost homes to billing issues where wasthe revert , there have been major dupes where was the revert ..
Everyone is claiming they want best for the game well by your reasons the best thing would be wiping all the servers and starting fresh and preventing the cheating and duping and so forth
Dupes may be bad for the game, but they do not directly cost other players days, months, or years worth of their collected items. To revert for dupes would be to cost other players their time in order to prevent potential games for the dupers. That is not the case here... if all we were talking about was some players who stood to benefit from the revert, I would arge to let it be.

Best I can tell there were substantial losses from this revert, in items and built character. IMO there is NO way EA is going to be able to go back and replace those loses with anything short of a complete revert.

SixUnder

Legendary Assassin
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I do not think the revert was due to some dupe or something. It sounded more like a hardware failure or something
Never, in 15 years have they reverted, the time backwards, that they have for this. Somebody on ATL was being bad. Plain and simple. Say what you want about hardware and software. The servers save every day, and are backed up. This was to fix a major in game exploit, ill bet any amount of money on it.

SixUnder

Legendary Assassin
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Reading the original post on the topic helps. Since you missed what was said in the first paragraph, I clipped it here for you: Due to issues beyond our control, I am sorry to have to inform all of Atlantic that we had to revert to a Dec 5, 2012 7:00 am EST back up. We have tried to retrieve a more current back up but we have been unable to do so due to corruption issues.
See, corrupt files... somebody was bad with the ATL server!

HonorableAdventurer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dupes may be bad for the game, but they do not directly cost other players days, months, or years worth of their collected items. To revert for dupes would be to cost other players their time in order to prevent potential games for the dupers. That is not the case here... if all we were talking about was some players who stood to benefit from the revert, I would arge to let it be.

Best I can tell there were substantial losses from this revert, in items and built character. IMO there is NO way EA is going to be able to go back and replace those loses with anything short of a complete revert.
Tell me exactly how reverting all the shards replaces peoples time spent on chars and items other then costing much more people ?

Mithryl Elves

Elves Suck
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They should take this time and merge servers now that everyone is already beyond pissed off. They should really start cracking down on dupers who caused this too. Anyone who transferred anything recently should look at the server they transferred from too as there's been multiple reports of those items still being on that server.

CottonEyeJoe104

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
They should take this time and merge servers now that everyone is already beyond pissed off. They should really start cracking down on dupers who caused this too. Anyone who transferred anything recently should look at the server they transferred from too as there's been multiple reports of those items still being on that server.
I can confirm the stuff I transferred over on Dec 9th and Dec 12th from Chessy to ATL ARE NOT back on chessy. The items are gone.

Mithryl Elves

Elves Suck
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
OH and how bout while EA is at it they stop unplugging old dupes every time they roll out a new publish. Thats whats really going on lol.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Tell me exactly how reverting all the shards replaces peoples time spent on chars and items other then costing much more people ?
The point is it costs all of us the same... anything we did since December 5th. Some will have been more productive in the last few days than others, but all of us losing 12 days is better than all of Atlantic losing 12 days and anyone who did a transfer to Atlantic in the last 12 days to lose everything.

SixUnder

Legendary Assassin
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Or you play on Origin :) We've been reverted more times then I can count....I've never lost a TON of stuff but skills in Taming/Lock picking/forensic Eval...ouch lol.

But I'm sure they'll find a way to fix it...yeah yeah *waves pom-poms* sorry but I have faith :) Just give it some time...oh wait I forgot..we only have until Friday :danceb:
Ever train a character during power hour, or before, such as I did with SIx and poisoning, then have some idiot black hole the servers and force them to revert. Back then we also had stat loss, THAT was a revert. And that sucked....skill gain and char building was 100x's harder then than now. But yes Origin has always got it bad too.

HonorableAdventurer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The point is it costs all of us the same... anything we did since December 5th. Some will have been more productive in the last few days than others, but all of us losing 12 days is better than all of Atlantic losing 12 days and anyone who did a transfer to Atlantic in the last 12 days to lose everything.
So you`re saying the only way to end your suffering is to make other people suffer ?

The Predator

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
This was to fix a major in game exploit, ill bet any amount of money on it.
I made a comment last week saying that I knew for a fact there was an exploit being used....and that development should have ALL OLD CONFIRMED DUPES in their testing plan to ensure they don't allow them to resurface.....ANYTIME NEW CODE IS PUT IN THE GAME. You start messing with code that hasn't been touched in years....who knows what it will break or override in the existing logic.

It can be difficult to discover new ones....but at minimum....learn from your mistakes.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All a complete revert will do is screw over even more paying customers. All the work people have done for the past 12 days on 25 more shards would be gone, and all because one shard feels it's not fair if only they wind up screwed over.

Hopefully whoever makes the decision about whether to screw over everyone instead leaving it as is, just Atlantic reverted, isn't feeling really Homer Simpson at the time.

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
If you're complaining about lost character progression all I have to say is lol. Get your heads out of yer arses.
Would you be saying that if you lost 7 fully maxxed out characters and all your items that you transferred from a non-active shard to Atlantic?

I doubt it.

Keep in mind, I'm not affected by the issues at hand. I don't play Atlantic. But there's this thing called sympathy and compassion. Some of the folks in UHall need to learn it.

HonorableAdventurer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Would you be saying that if you lost 7 fully maxxed out characters and all your items that you transferred from a non-active shard to Atlantic?

I doubt it.

Keep in mind, I'm not affected by the issues at hand. I don't play Atlantic. But there's this thing called sympathy and compassion. Some of the folks in UHall need to learn it.
I think a lot of people are losing that compassion because everyone is screaming for other people not affected to be affected but in a negative way when it will do nothing but harm more people ... Its not making sense that because some suffered and lost then everyone should lose .... How is that fair ?

Alexander of ATL.

Rares Fest Host | Atl June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What a crapshow

This is why Publishes are supposed to sit on TC, then be ANNOUNCED they are going on Origin, and then ya know STAY on there for more than a FLIPPIN DAY.

OH GEE, ATL IS CRASHING EVERYDAY? LETS NOT BACKUP ANYTHING

Some bug fixes guys, GREAT JOB
I LOVE This responce.. because its the truth. What the hell is TC1 for?!?! To find and fix bugs?!?! Oh damn... i guess i'm dreaming if i think TC1 is for that.

Last edited:

SlobberKnocker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I lost a solid weeks work on my characters too, I marked 40 rune books for my shop the other day, all gone poof as well. Trained up characters, spent hours getting keys for exodus, etc etc, but my transfer from Oceania to here isn't 12 days work, it was 6 months or more of work, I may as well not have played for the past 6 months, yet EA has accepted my MONEY to play for the past 6 months and then reneged on the reward and effort of that play.

All they are offering one months free play in lieu. Why would I want that? I just had 6 months PAID play that they basically wiped.. I really want another month so the next time they have a problem they can revert and I lose that as well, no thanks.

I also want to know how they are going to determine 'who' is entitled even to that? Anyone who logged onto Atlantic in the last 12 days, gets a free month?

Exactly how are they gonna do that?
sounds like you spend too much time playing...

theres a whole world outside...

dont be a drama queen.

The Mule

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Couple things....

First I logged into ATL over the past couple weeks, and though its not my main shard, I did lose 10m.... So I feel your pain. But, how do I go about getting my free 30 day code.

Second, All of youts who lost everything and are quitting from losing it all, whatever wasnt lost, can I have?

Third, DONT revert it all. The past 2 weeks I have gotten taming from 104 to 106. And for those of you who have trained taming understand that feat. Its well worth the 1B some of you may have lost. But like I said we all are affected by the terrible tragedy, Ill ride the wave....

Last edited:

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I think a lot of people are losing that compassion because everyone is screaming for other people not affected to be affected but in a negative way when it will do nothing but harm more people ... Its not making sense that because some suffered and lost then everyone should lose .... How is that fair ?
I guess because I look at it from a perspective of "what will those who didn't transfer really loose?"

Something they won in game? Something they bought in game? Some rare drop? Something that can be gotten again in a relatively short amount of time?

Or people who spent money, say $150 to transfer their characters from one shard and their items and not just the items but the characters gone as well. Yes, they can rebuild those as well, but it would be disheartening, even discouraging.

What will I lose? half the rune library I marked. vendors I stocked in the new vendor mall I was setting up. A house I decorated for commission that I will redecorate. My own home I decorated. A few items I Bought. But I'm willing to sacrifice my stuff if needed to fix the issue.

Nothing rivals items being duped or characters being completely lost.

Now, my sincere hope is that they can review transfer logs and fix the situation. But if that option isn't possible - well...UO already lost a handful of returning players who have quit because of this. What's a few more?

Ender76

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I made a comment last week saying that I knew for a fact there was an exploit being used....and that development should have ALL OLD CONFIRMED DUPES in their testing plan to ensure they don't allow them to resurface.....ANYTIME NEW CODE IS PUT IN THE GAME. You start messing with code that hasn't been touched in years....who knows what it will break or override in the existing logic.

It can be difficult to discover new ones....but at minimum....learn from your mistakes.
If there really was an exploit / dupe, wouldn't it have been used on all shards? In which case they should revert all shards to 12/5

The Mule

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh, remember a couple years back there was some server issues going on, and as a thanks for sticking through it EA offered the compassion dyes. Ooh what if they gave some new ones of those for all us that lost millions on ATL?

HonorableAdventurer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I guess because I look at it from a perspective of "what will those who didn't transfer really loose?"

Something they won in game? Something they bought in game? Some rare drop? Something that can be gotten again in a relatively short amount of time?

Or people who spent money, say $150 to transfer their characters from one shard and their items and not just the items but the characters gone as well. Yes, they can rebuild those as well, but it would be disheartening, even discouraging.

What will I lose? half the rune library I marked. vendors I stocked in the new vendor mall I was setting up. A house I decorated for commission that I will redecorate. My own home I decorated. A few items I Bought. But I'm willing to sacrifice my stuff if needed to fix the issue.

Nothing rivals items being duped or characters being completely lost.

Now, my sincere hope is that they can review transfer logs and fix the situation. But if that option isn't possible - well...UO already lost a handful of returning players who have quit because of this. What's a few more?
So people who spent real life money in game should be put to the front of the line because they earned that money with their real life time ? Well I as well as others who have not been affected by the Atlantic revert should be affected because our time that we have invested in to the game time that we could have been making real life money with but instead chose to enjoy ourselves in game that time is what not as valuable as people on Atlantic ?

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I didn't read all the pages and via uo dev feed, I didn't see an official response... so going to assume that at the time of this post there hasn't been. I've laid down, taken a nap and composed myself from the news.

I believe all shards should be reverted and everyone deserves compensation aside from a silly in-game t-shirt saving we survived a revert. This isn't a 48 revert, this is almost 2 weeks.

Here is my reasons:
I'm upset that everything I've done on Atlantic for the last 2 weeks. I'm upset that the money I made on my vendors, the items I've bought from other vendors and they time I wasted on design/redeco. It is annoying as heck, but if it was just that I'd say leave Atlantic the only shard affected. It isn't.

I think they can track transfers and the items in them and I think it is on a different back-up system That being said... incoming transfers I think will hopefully see a repair of what happened. That's great as I believe I have lost some items I gave from Europa to Atlantic that were transferred via another. I've also lost 30m on an item that I sold on another shard and got the gold on Atlantic - I'm hoping the other collector will make good on it.

Now... in the reverse of transfers off Atlantic to other shards... I do NOT see those being repaired and we may/may not have ended up with duplicate items/gold. Even if they have a list... those items/gold have had up to 2 weeks to be dispersed, used, sold, etc and even if they could be tracked down... it would not be fair in my opinion to remove those items from the new owners. Leaving them and the gold in the system however would essentially become a large scale dupe. This only further damages not only the economy, but the integrity of the rares collections. That is why I would want a full revert.

I would like some communication about this issue. I want to know the extent of the damage, what can be fixed and what can't. I also want to know exactly what went wrong and what is being done to make sure it doesn't happen again. If EA is being compensated by a third party, we should be as well. 30 game time helps the loss of money from those two weeks, but it doesn't fix all the personal loss that may or may not be repaired. I believe something in-game should be done. An additional veteran reward choice, something.

The Mule

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*points* https://help.ea.com/article/uo-terms-of-service

*highlights*
YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT USE OF THE SERVICE AND THE SOFTWARE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE SERVICE AND THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS," "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS, UNLESS SUCH WARRANTIES ARE LEGALLY INCAPABLE OF EXCLUSION. Electronic Arts, ITS PARENT COMPANY (ELECTRONIC ARTS INC.), SUBSIDIARIES AND AFFILIATES (collectively, the "Electronic Arts Parties") DISCLAIM ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS, AND THOSE ARISING FROM A COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE, REGARDING THE SERVICE, THE SOFTWARE, AND THE INTERNET. THE Electronic Arts PARTIES ASSUME NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES SUFFERED BY YOU, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, LOSS OF DATA, ITEMS OR CHARACTERS FROM DELAYS, NONDELIVERIES, ERRORS, SYSTEM DOWN TIME, MISDELIVERIES OR SERVICE INTERRUPTIONS CAUSED BY THE Electronic Arts PARTIES, LICENSORS AND SUBCONTRACTORS, OR BY YOUR OR ANY OTHER MEMBER'S OWN ERRORS AND/OR OMISSIONS.

Man, got us again! :mad:

HonorableAdventurer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I didn't read all the pages and via uo dev feed, I didn't see an official response... so going to assume that at the time of this post there hasn't been. I've laid down, taken a nap and composed myself from the news.

I believe all shards should be reverted and everyone deserves compensation aside from a silly in-game t-shirt saving we survived a revert. This isn't a 48 revert, this is almost 2 weeks.

Here is my reasons:
I'm upset that everything I've done on Atlantic for the last 2 weeks. I'm upset that the money I made on my vendors, the items I've bought from other vendors and they time I wasted on design/redeco. It is annoying as heck, but if it was just that I'd say leave Atlantic the only shard affected. It isn't.

I think they can track transfers and the items in them and I think it is on a different back-up system That being said... incoming transfers I think will hopefully see a repair of what happened. That's great as I believe I have lost some items I gave from Europa to Atlantic that were transferred via another. I've also lost 30m on an item that I sold on another shard and got the gold on Atlantic - I'm hoping the other collector will make good on it.

Now... in the reverse of transfers off Atlantic to other shards... I do NOT see those being repaired and we may/may not have ended up with duplicate items/gold. Even if they have a list... those items/gold have had up to 2 weeks to be dispersed, used, sold, etc and even if they could be tracked down... it would not be fair in my opinion to remove those items from the new owners. Leaving them and the gold in the system however would essentially become a large scale dupe. This only further damages not only the economy, but the integrity of the rares collections. That is why I would want a full revert.

I would like some communication about this issue. I want to know the extent of the damage, what can be fixed and what can't. I also want to know exactly what went wrong and what is being done to make sure it doesn't happen again. If EA is being compensated by a third party, we should be as well. 30 game time helps the loss of money from those two weeks, but it doesn't fix all the personal loss that may or may not be repaired. I believe something in-game should be done. An additional veteran reward choice, something.
There have been many dupes of rares and gold why not just revert the game back to day one then and repair all the wrong that has ever been done ....
You are upset over time lost but want to pass that on to other players who in no way should or need be affected ...
I quite frankly dont want to lose my last twelve days over rares that have more then likely been duped 100 times already because one more so exist now ...
I would on the other hand be all for wiping the game completley if it meant they could prevent all the duping/cheating that has happened from happening again .. Oh and AOS to be lost forever

Mr. Plod

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
This is the second revert I've been a part of, and by far the worst. Couldn't have come at a worse time for me. I have been extremely active these past couple of weeks! Almost nonstop play and a slew of toys and loot that can't be replaced, which to me are priceless as I am still fairly young as a uo player and was really proud of my achievements. I am super pissed like every other player affected, but this does not discourage me from playing ultima. Some people really screwed up, but what else am I to do? Play lame wow? Ultima may screw up at times, and lately it's been alot, but it doesn't change the fact that uo remains the only game for me. time effort and in game materials will not be compensated, the other shards will go on mostly unscathed, and I will do what I can to help rebuild atl. This is a community based game. We need to support each other instead of pointing fingers and trolling those more fortunate then the majority of us. If someone walked away with more while we suffered irreplaceable losses, it shouldn't be a big deal as players have cheated since pong in the 80s. It's a digital world it's very easily manipulated. I ask not that players be stripped of newly duped items, but that they report all lost or duped rares to our historians to update our records. My biggest concern isn't obtaining the valuables and time I've lost, it's the state it's left our shard in. How bout some positive action towards bettering our home shard and the best shard on uo! We're actually lucky IMO, as our entire server could have just as easily been erased clean!

Blood Ghoul

Sage
Stratics Veteran
If there really was an exploit / dupe, wouldn't it have been used on all shards? In which case they should revert all shards to 12/5
Not every shard has people that go about duping items and such. From what I have gotten on this thread it was a pink scroll dupe. Just search on Origin and the only scrolls for sale are the same ones that have been for sale for months.

I can see the points of everyone here. Since everyone seems to have lost billions of gold (thats 1,000 million gold). But anyhow, I hope they can atleast track down character transfers and revert them.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There have been many dupes of rares and gold why not just revert the game back to day one then and repair all the wrong that has ever been done ....
You are upset over time lost but want to pass that on to other players who in no way should or need be affected ...
I quite frankly dont want to lose my last twelve days over rares that have more then likely been duped 100 times already because one more so exist now ...
I would on the other hand be all for wiping the game completley if it meant they could prevent all the duping/cheating that has happened from happening again .. Oh and AOS to be lost forever
As I stated in my post, it isn't the loss of my time as to why I would want a revert for all shards. It is only the possibility of a dupe that worries me. Just because we have had previous ones doesn't mean any new ones should be met with shrugs.

My word is just that, mine and my opinion. As a paying customer, you and I are equals and I respect your opinion that there shouldn't be a revert across the board. I didn't post to debate, but to let EA hear my opinion about this mess and how I, as a paying customer, would prefer it be handled.

Last edited:

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So basically HUGE losses to some players is alright, as long as there is no inconvience to you. Everyone is entitled to an opinion and I am sure yours is shared by alot of folks... but my guess is that you would be singing a very, very different tune it you had been one of the unlucky ones in this fiasco. Personally I have lost nothing because of the Atlantic revert, but I can sure as hell tell you that IF I had been, I would want my stuff back even if it meant a little inconvience for everyone. As such I am willing to give up my work and gains over the last 12 days so they can get back deleted items. Nothing has been added to the game in the last 12 days that can not be replaced with more game time... that can not be said for the items that have been lost by reverting a single shard rather than biting the bullet and bring them all back.

Blood Ghoul

Sage
Stratics Veteran
And I agree with some of the other posts in this thread about the dupe of rares that just occurred. on that side who really cares as from what I gather most of them have been duped a number of times anyhow. They should totally ignore the items that left Atlantic (and no I didn't buy/get/transfer anything from Atlantic).

The real issue is they need to track down all the transfers to Atlantic , and it should be possible as even if the Atlantic info is gone, they should be able to see that on December 10 Bucky went from Catskills to Atlantic and then they should revert Bucky to the time he left Catskills. There is no reason they cannot do that.

I am going to be selfish here and still say I am against the entire game being reverted though.

HonorableAdventurer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So basically HUGE losses to some players is alright, as long as there is no inconvience to you. Everyone is entitled to an opinion and I am sure yours is shared by alot of folks... but my guess is that you would be singing a very, very different tune it you had been one of the unlucky ones in this fiasco. Personally I have lost nothing because of the Atlantic revert, but I can sure as hell tell you that IF I had been, I would want my stuff back even if it meant a little inconvience for everyone. As such I am willing to give up my work and gains over the last 12 days so they can get back deleted items. Nothing has been added to the game in the last 12 days that can not be replaced with more game time... that can not be said for the items that have been lost by reverting a single shard rather than biting the bullet and bring them all back.
What about all the people who have been scammed out of said rares ? What about people who lost homes they had for 12-13 years due to billing issues not on their ends but EA`s ? Sorry but no I dont want to give up 12 days when it will do nothing ... I am on the other hand willing to give up everything for the state of the game and that means undoing all the wrong that has been done not just the last twelve days to one server..
Nothing has been lost in the last twelve days that cant be gotten back with time as you say ... Why should everyone lose so one server feels better about losing that makes no sense to me ...

Ender76

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not every shard has people that go about duping items and such. From what I have gotten on this thread it was a pink scroll dupe. Just search on Origin and the only scrolls for sale are the same ones that have been for sale for months.

I can see the points of everyone here. Since everyone seems to have lost billions of gold (thats 1,000 million gold). But anyhow, I hope they can atleast track down character transfers and revert them.
Who cares about duping pinks scrolls? I doubt that was the extent of the dupe

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I bet you would be laughing if it was all your gold and items that were wiped, and over half a years work.

And who is operating a business? I have never said anything about making a living off pixels. How disgusting of you to assume the above, and with that to be casting aspersions upon the character of those who have lost a lot in this grubby way. It goes to YOUR character not mine, and I find it seriously LACKING.

I know the tos inside and out and have always abided by it, can you say the same? I have NEVER sold one thing in game for real life dollars, nor bought a single thing off a gold seller site, including gold. My game enjoyment is buying rares in game, for my museum. 676 million in lost gold is a LOT of rares I can no longer purchase for display. To get my money I have to work like stink, grinding for hour upon hour. Being a merchant and operating a museum has been my gameplay for 8 years. I always run vendors, have done for years, I also give away tons and tons of stuff to assist new players.

Will 30 days gameplay compensate me, not in the slightest so YES they do OWE me. If they are going to treat me, as a player, different to how they treat other players then yes they DO. They wiped my 12 days and more than 50% of my YEARS income. If they do that to everyone else then sure, I have no right to complain or expect compensation. But they haven't. Due to circumstances completely out of my control, and solely the responsibility of EA I am being singled out and penalized due to their error.

So you can laugh all you like. Due to this UO will in all likelihood lose my three accounts.
Well when u do can I have runes to it houses before they drop

Status
Not open for further replies.