• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Atlantic Rollback

Status
Not open for further replies.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
God forgive me because I know you all like your gold, but I wanna know WHERE THE HELL MY CHAR IS THAT TRANSFERED during that time??? That char is missing on ATL and the shard (Sonoma) that I transfered it from. 30 day gamecode IS NOT gonna make up for me having to rework an entire character!

Prawn

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL wow I called this one..

UO APOCOLYPSE, im glad I moved everything i had on ATL last week... LEGIT DUPING! I WIN!

shadowspirit

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm with some of the others I just transfered from 8 different shards over to atlantic past couple weeks ,, thats 40 packies full 8 bank boxes full and 8 backpacks full ,, what happens now , thats several billion in items poofed?

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Did anybody else lose a char from their log-in list?

Madrid

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I disagree everything is interconnected and the only right thing to do is to revert all shards.

I've lost a character, soulstones galore and well over 1B in items and gold.

In all of UOs history there has never been a mistake on of this magnitude. If so someone point it out...

Rumpy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OMFG ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! I snuck on and logged in at work.
This is ridiculous. I was working on building Atlantic in the past week and now hes back to a frigin BRAND NEW CHAR?! Not to mention all the help I got getting setup is now DONE FOR. So someone has my gold I x-fered, but I have nothing?!

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah..but the overwhelming number of people did not transfer anything to or from Atlantic..And so all of them are to loose everything they gained and trained in the last 12 days as well?

I heard a guy awhile back claiming his house fell and all the contents were looted by people inside the luna walls. A player placed a new home in his spot. The GM's were able to tell something happen and they gave the new homeowner a house ina prime location inorder to allow the old player to get his house spot back. But thats all he got, they didn't not replace items. Since a bug happened in game which caused the guy's house to fall should the GM's have just made every house fall?

Trust me... Its a horrible situation and I hope they can fix it somehow but to revert all shards is not the answer
This is not 1 player or 1 house. Reverting all shard is the only way everything gets put back. Yes, we all lose the last 12 days, but anything we did can be redone... No other way to undo this cluster, no way they have tracked everything that has moved to and from ATL in the last 12 days.

Rumpy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I disagree everything is interconnected and the only right thing to do is to revert all shards.

I've lost a character, soulstones galore and well over 1B in items and gold.

In all of UOs history there has never been a mistake on of this magnitude. If so someone point it out...
I believe it! If I was you, I'd seriously just walk away right now. All I lost was 7-8 days of time and 10 Mil I transfered from Siege *Worth 60 Mil ATL*

Unbelievable. I feel for you people. If they did this on Siege, I would legit drop it all and walk away.

Last edited:

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This affects far more than just Atlantic, what about the other shards that have bought stuff or traded thru 2 or 3 different shards?
What about those that bought tokens and items for RL cash? just cos the items goes 'poof' dont mean EA is gonna refund your cash. Oh and good luck trying to claim stuff, EA customer reps are told NOT to give out freebies.
Hell i lost my entire 14 year history but not one appology or reinbursment just told....sorry not our problem.

weins201

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As for transfers there is a transfer log that can and I am sure will be accessed, the BIG question is - what are they going to do with the information? I was lucky and I had just transferred in on that day and had the transfer crate gump pop up.

I can imagine what would have happened if the 13 mesanna masks had gotten lost in the mix? ah well i feel blessed.

As for the 30 day game code that is useless to me as I don't use them.

How about every account get another vet reward or two added on, that would be something i could put to use???

LadyElizabeth

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
For those wondering about characters that were transferred FROM Atlantic, those chars aren't on Atlantic. They're on the destination shard. There is no duplicate character.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Just a reminder, folks.

Corrupted backups are just that.

In other words, when the backups are run, there is a signal put out that a successful backup was done. If THAT part of the safety net breaks, it's nearly impossible to catch.To catch it, you have to restore a backup. And, at that point, it's too late. Having even 10 copies of each backup doesn't matter, if the software making the backups corrupts every one of them in the process of making them and saving to disk. It's a problem as old as magnetic media itself.

After all, look what happened to Stratics in Spring 2008.

To give a real-world analogy...

When the Hubble Space Telescope was being built, they had several levels of redundancy. However, all those redundant checks were being done by machines that were all kept in calibration by a single device - one that was (somehow) OUT of calibration, when that was supposed to have not been that possible. As a result, the constantly "backed up" error correctors were CREATING errors, while everything seemed to be perfectly in place.

Rimeny

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
just checked, yup char I moved over gone, including the soul stones (with skills) a shard shield deed and so much more.....what a time to come back to this game....

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Id like the $40 iv lost on the 2 xfers i brough months back and used, im not sure if i went there and back in the time frame or there before, back after 5th. Im still trying to figure out if im doubled up or all down.

Either way id say revent the whole game its the only right way, ill loose a whole char on europa iv just trained right up but ill loose more on atlantic if you cant do a transfer track and replace all the stuff that the people lost.

I think this could be the end of UO with all the people who are gona quit over this the ship will sink.

Thunderz

T

Tazar

This affects far more than just Atlantic, what about the other shards that have bought stuff or traded thru 2 or 3 different shards?
What about those that bought tokens and items for RL cash? just cos the items goes 'poof' dont mean EA is gonna refund your cash. Oh and good luck trying to claim stuff, EA customer reps are told NOT to give out freebies.
Hell i lost my entire 14 year history but not one appology or reinbursment just told....sorry not our problem.
Please go back and read the message on the patch screen - or on UO.com or the top of this thread. Page a GM if you lost vet rewards or used codes (bought tokens), etc.

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
The only other option I see is if there is a middle server that logs all the transfers that has records, then restoring those transfers on the original shards to be retransferred over.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can we try for a little calm?
We know this kind of drastic action wouldn't have been taken if there was any other choice. I think I can say with a fair degree of certainty that the dev team are at least as angry and upset about it as anyone here, and probably more so. They'll be working flat out trying to sort things out right now, and probably have been doing for some time. Which means they've limited time to talk to us.
Can we try for a little patience. Check transfer logs and be ready to supply facts and figures when the time comes.

UltimatePower

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
????

I cant rem when i transferd ALOT of stuff from PAC and LS, did i just lose all that stuff?

Please tell me you can look at transfer log and get the stuff back?
I Vote revert all shards back to this date. Lost billions of items that i transfered over from Baja.
It really is the only fair way to fix this issue, so many lost so much.

Mentiras

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
How does reverting everyone make things fair? That is like a kid getting pushed down in the playground and then going around and pushing down everyone else. It is extremely unfortunate that it happened, but maybe we should be thinking of diffrent ways to fix, compsensate, ATL players for this huge mess.

Rimeny

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you know where these transfer logs are on the EC I would be keen to know?

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I am so upset about this, it is making me ill to think pretty much every minute of gameplay I have had since august just got trashed and they offer one months gametime. I am totally disgusted. What really sucks is even if they did the right thing and revert ALL shards so that not just one lot of people are severely disadvantaged but everyone is in the same boat being that that is the ONLY the 'fair' thing to do, is that I used a mythic token 4 days ago and pretty much have a totally maxed out new character that would 'disappear' instantly. However, even that is preferable to my losing 4 months worth of hard effort worth over 500 million.

At least I have proof of the mythic tokens use.

I am feeling so sick about the hours and hours and hours of farming and grinding for months. I think my three accounts might just go to permanent sleep now. I can't play a game where due to lack of adequate backups gamers just lose months of effort.

Revert all shards is the only answer or offer much more than ONE piddly months gametime worth at best 20-30 million in gold given the going rate for a million is around 89 cents and a months time is worth a whole $15 bucks, I lost over 500 million.

Merry Christmas UO, NOT.

Lord Obsidian

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
It were not the backups, which were corrupt, it was the database stuff which was backed up, which was corrupt.
If I remember, the first major crashes of ATL happend around 6th Dec., which would perfectly fit the situation of the backups described.

If we can blame somebody in charge for the servers, than it is the fact not to have seen the seriousness of the corruption earlier.
Atlantic has been moved to Amazon Web Services on the 5th, so it looks like all backups made since then are somehow incomplete/corrupted. The backup of the 5th must be one of the last they had from the old Atlantic hardware.

hamburger

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I understand that this is a tough situation for some of you, however a total revert of all shards would be more detrimental to the game. I base my opinion on my belief that each player and their time (and monthly subscription fee) is equal to that of any other player. We should not be so easily swayed by the number of pixels and gold lost by the vocal minority here on Stratics. Regardless, I hope there is an appropriate resolution for all parties. Thank you

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
How does reverting everyone make things fair? That is like a kid getting pushed down in the playground and then going around and pushing down everyone else. It is extremely unfortunate that it happened, but maybe we should be thinking of diffrent ways to fix, compsensate, ATL players for this huge mess.
The reason it makes it fair is because anyone who xferred off of Atl to another shard just doubled anything they took. They now have it on Atl and the shard they xferred to. Also, those who transferred to Atl. lost whatever they xferred supposedly. The only way to make it right is for a full revert. But of course those who just made billions (or more) are generally not going to be in favor of that...

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well....

#1 Isn't this all supposed to happen Dec 21st ??? LoL

#2 I'm not effected by this, but the fact that someone could have theoretically cleared everything they own off of ATL sometime after Dec 5th to another shard & then now have all that REPLACED really does bug me. I'm inclined to agree that losing 12 days of my progress (since I didn't do much) won't bug me nearly as much as potentially duping a TON of items / characters... Though I'd like to think there is a way to figure out What was Xferred off shard between backup & Crash and act accordingly.....

Last edited:

Rumpy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How did you transfer gold from Siege?
Like its any of your business. For the sake of making you shuttup, I traded with someone like everyone else who transfers gold/items from Siege. I don't even remember who TBH. I found someone to get me the gold on ATL first and did the swap.

The Predator

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
This is the most pathetic thing I've seen in the past 15 years of playing this game. The players suffer because you failed to test this publish and it was exploited beyond belief.

What a joke. 12 days? And what, a 30 day time code will make it better? Give me a break.

Last edited:

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Atlantic has been moved to Amazon Web Services on the 5th, so it looks like all backups made since then are somehow incomplete/corrupted. The backup of the 5th must be one of the last they had from the old Atlantic hardware.
What is Amazon Web Services?
And, if the corruption is their fault, perhaps compensation may be due from them.

hamburger

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Regardless of what decision the Devs choose to make, they should have make that decision and publicly announce it (or reaffirm Atlantic revert only) ASAP. They have had enough time to weigh the pros/cons. This will allow the playerbase to move on and play the game with confidence that there will be no flipflopping and further wasted time/energy/money.

Varrius

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The only fair thing to do is what Goodmann said. A full revert. Too many players losing items along with other players having duped chars/items.

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What a crapshow

This is why Publishes are supposed to sit on TC, then be ANNOUNCED they are going on Origin, and then ya know STAY on there for more than a FLIPPIN DAY.

OH GEE, ATL IS CRASHING EVERYDAY? LETS NOT BACKUP ANYTHING

Some bug fixes guys, GREAT JOB

jopromol

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Raise your hand if u never lost anything to this game before?.... Is anyone even the least bit surprised? I'm really sorry to those of you who have lost items/gold/characters to this unfortunate event. Its in times like these that you should remember what you're grateful for: my life, my freedom, the opportunity to sit around and play a computer game on my free time, my job, my security, food, shelther.... Complaining, and furthermore, being spiteful and saying that every shard needs to be set back, is NOT the answer. Rebuild, overcome, be grateful damnit!

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The only fair thing to do is what Goodmann said. A full revert. Too many players losing items along with other players having duped chars/items.
exactly, I cannot believe that after the monumental stuff up they actually make it worse by penalizing ONE group of players instead of doing the right thing and reverting across the board.

Talk about poor decision making.

Status
Not open for further replies.