• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Atlantic Rollback

Status
Not open for further replies.

weins201

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
????

I cant rem when i transferd ALOT of stuff from PAC and LS, did i just lose all that stuff?

Please tell me you can look at transfer log and get the stuff back?

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Game
2012 Dec 17 16:20 GMT
Due to issues beyond our control, I am sorry to have to inform all of Atlantic that we had to revert to a Dec 5, 2012 7:00 am EST back up. We have tried to retrieve a more current back up but we have been unable to do so due to corruption issues. We are very sorry this has happened and any Atlantic player that is being impacted by this revert will be compensated with 30 days free game time. If you are having any issues with Vet Rewards or In game codes please page a GM. They will be able to assist you with this matter but please provide what vet reward/code was claimed and by what character to help us confirm your request faster.

Continue reading...

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Wouldn't every player who has logged on an ATL character since Dec 5 be affected?

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've transferred over items yesterday off Europa worth approximaty 1B gold. Now I'm out 1B worth of items I've worked years amassing?
I fell sorry for you, that is harsh beyond words. If this and other situations are similar the only "fair" thing to do is revert the whole game back to dec 5th. I have a few friends who did transactions on ATL in the time period and I was just wondering what will happen to thier items/gold.

Førsaken_

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm sorry but you're going to have to do better than a 30 day game time code. I and many others will have lost billions in items/gold - Not including the countless hours of game time wasted for a dead freakin' game? I and another guild mate just made a billion each off an event item just last week.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Personally I think if you are going to revert ATL, all shards need to be reverted and everyone needs 30 days free gametime. What a cluster this publish has been... I hope someone somewhere learned something.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Here's to hoping some folks have some thick skin or have some good earplugs in... Willing to be it's gonna get nasty round here..

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The only real thing to do it revert the whole game. It sucks but nothing else should be done if this is the case. ATL is the hub of the game and people will be crushed otherwise.

I'd vote for sluffing off the game time and reverting the game, I'll be out 2 new chars and a fair amount of gold/items but that is nothing compared to others.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Complete and utter ********... and the best you can do is a short 1 paragraph and 30 days free? WTF almost 2 weeks lost... and all the crap lost from transfers....

beyond pissed atm.

Rimeny

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I moved millions and millions worth of items over from Euro and Dracs....ALL GONE......a lot of friends are in the same boat...30 days free time is not the right answer

Last edited:

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
more venting---- my wife and I spent 3 straight days, all day getting keys for Travesty/Medusa .....

Førsaken_

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm sorry but you're going to have to do better than a 30 day game time code. I and many others will have lost billions in items/gold - Not including the countless hours of game time wasted for a dead freakin' game? I and another guild mate just made a billion each off an event item just last week.
I'm sorry I have to quote what I just typed. My problems are ****ing minor to what I'm hearing. So, EA ****-ups, what are you going to do for everyone that bought items from your online store? How in the world will you credit that? Everyone and their mother will say oh, everything I bought was for Atlantic. You can't. We won't even go there about any other non-sanctioned website that sells items/codes.

You're going to give people a 30 day game code???? Really? What the ****???? AWESOME. GG *thumbs up*

/endrant *middle finger*

Adam

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
12day revert due to corrupted backups?? The sys admin needs firing imo, employ people that know what they're doing.

Blood Ghoul

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Personally I think if you are going to revert ATL, all shards need to be reverted and everyone needs 30 days free gametime. What a cluster this publish has been... I hope someone somewhere learned something.
Err..just because the tornado hits a couple homes in the neighborhood does not mean you bulldoze the entire thing. The logic is weak...

Trust, me that I agree the entire situation is horrible but that does not mean all shards should be reverted.

T

Tazar

Rather than panic - lets give them a little time to figure things out.

Personally - I've told Mesanna that I know it's not what anyone wanted and I know that they did their best given a bad situation (whatever the situation was). Thank you to the whole team for their efforts in dealing with this and doing their best to fix it.

and yes - I play Atlantic - LOTS.

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A 30 day game time code doesn't even dent how much this revert is going to cost me. I am going to close my eyes and when I open them I will wake up and this will be a dream.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well hopefully, Pub 80 will be the LAST pub that goes straight from TC1 to all shards instead of going to Origin/Izumo for at least two weeks like every 'Normal' Publish would...

T

Tazar

I'm sorry I have to quote what I just typed. My problems are ******* minor to what I'm hearing. So, EA ****-ups, what are you going to do for everyone that bought items from your online store? How in the world will you credit that? Everyone and their mother will say oh, everything I bought was for Atlantic. You can't. We won't even go there about any other non-sanctioned website that sells items/codes.

You're going to give people a 30 day game code???? Really? What the ****???? AWESOME. GG *thumbs up*

/endrant *middle finger*

Reread the statement on the patch screen - it says to page a GM over codes/vet rewards used.

Faeryl

2011 Winter Deco Contest 1st Place
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I guess I faired comparatively well compared to most... I just lost a bunch of training I'd done on one of my characters... Something I can easily gain back with a bit of effort. I'm sorry to those of you who had transferred and such recently. I hope there's a way to fix your losses. :(

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Err..just because the tornado hits a couple homes in the neighborhood does not mean you bulldoze the entire thing. The logic is weak...

Trust, me that I agree the entire situation is horrible but that does not mean all shards should be reverted.
The logic is spot on! The ripple effect of reverting ONLY ATL is a disaster. I don't want to lose the last 12 days on all the shards I play, but IMO it is the only realistic approach.

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Sadly this won't clear up the people who transfered stuff to ATL if that stuff is gone. The only thing to do, if this is the case, is revert the game.

This all reminds me of the magincia event where people lost all the rubble. No one ever actually said if the items were replaced but the conclusion was they were not. If they couldn't help then they can't help now. It sucks but it is the only right thing to do.

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It were not the backups, which were corrupt, it was the database stuff which was backed up, which was corrupt.
If I remember, the first major crashes of ATL happend around 6th Dec., which would perfectly fit the situation of the backups described.

If we can blame somebody in charge for the servers, than it is the fact not to have seen the seriousness of the corruption earlier.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If I can't get my stuff that was transferred to atlantic you owe me a minimum of 500 million then some. 30 days game time does NOT in anyway compensate for that. Also I play equally on Oceania and Atlantic, however how are you going to determine that?

I want to know if the transfer logs can be accessed if not what level of compensation is due, I had sold just 2 of the 15 like items i had bought over to sell that had already raised 64.8 million, the other 13 same would of raised a minimum of 390 mil. Then there were the other 81 items included in that transfer, worth well over another 250 mil. This is the result of hour upon hour of work and grind to obtain these items stretching back to August.

I am NOT in the slightest bit happy with 30 days game time. That is an INSULT.

Last edited:

Xaereth

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Yep, I've also lost in excess a billion, as well as a rogue character I spent countless hours leveling. I've also lost out on the money for two transfer tokens, which (if I do my maths right) add up to be far more $$ than a single free month of UO.

Not that I'm an enormous fan of this, but imo the best solution should be to revert the other servers.

Honestly, I'm even more angry about the flippant attitude the people at UO are showing us. A little paragraph saying that all our time/hours/energy has been wasted, but here's a free month that will in no way make up for your troubles.

This is one of the few things that could have ever caused me to consider quitting UO.

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I hate to say this, but I agree. Revert all shards to Dec. 5. It's goign to suck, yes. But here's my logic:

Duping will be prevented. Anyone that was collecting items on Atlantic and transfered after Dec. 5 to a different shard will have a character on Atlantic with the items they transfered over as well as items on the shard they transfered to due to the revert. And while those people may be ecstatic, it's still duping, even if unintentional.

People who transferred to Atlantic and just lost everything will have everything back (or most everything) assuming they didn't buy stuff up.

Keep in mind, I decorated a whole house during this period. All of my work on that house and other stuff I've been working on in my homes will be reverted. I know this. I understand this, ut I see it as fair to the people who just lost millions, possibily billions in items.

Sellingahouse

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I dont want 30 days free I want the stuff I have spent this month getting. I know Im not out billions like some but Im out 45million + change, and all the time it took me to get it.

Ok I do have my vet reward I picked back, so Im only out gifts I xshard traded and I hope I can get them back when the traders come online.

Last edited:

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ok BIG THING

People now have duped characters - GG EA

IE anyone who xfered since Dec 5th off ATL, now has that character back PLUS the one on the shard it was taken to

Rumpy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So for those of you who did X-Fer to ATL, is your character on ATL anymore? Or is that character now gone from your account??

Rumpy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok BIG THING

People now have duped characters - GG EA

IE anyone who xfered since Dec 5th off ATL, now has that character back PLUS the one on the shard it was taken to
Is that character naked? Or did it have its items?

Ron Silverbeard

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
i cannt even remember what i did from dec 5 on in game, what if i come back after revert and was in the middle of unlocking some server births i dont know anymore...and than they just decay? besides all the xsharding etc... holly cow

Blood Ghoul

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Yeah..but the overwhelming number of people did not transfer anything to or from Atlantic..And so all of them are to loose everything they gained and trained in the last 12 days as well?

I heard a guy awhile back claiming his house fell and all the contents were looted by people inside the luna walls. A player placed a new home in his spot. The GM's were able to tell something happen and they gave the new homeowner a house ina prime location inorder to allow the old player to get his house spot back. But thats all he got, they didn't not replace items. Since a bug happened in game which caused the guy's house to fall should the GM's have just made every house fall?

Trust me... Its a horrible situation and I hope they can fix it somehow but to revert all shards is not the answer

Status
Not open for further replies.