• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Enhanced Client Health Bars

SunWolf

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Last publish before the one going in soon, the health bars seem to stick at 100% I noticed at times when I mess with the Enhanced Client. A friend is complaigning in my ear about it also as a bug which he plays EC all the time.

Misk

UO QA Lead
VIP
Stratics Veteran
I have also noticed this occurring recently, but only sporadically. Could you provide some information that might help to pinpoint the problem? Were you using the default EC UI or a custom UI (Pinco’s, etc.)? Was this occurring in any specific location or with any specific creatures?

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This has been happening since at least March. Pinco would be a good person to contact about this as he appears to know the root cause, I highly suggest you PM him about this and other outstanding EC bugs.

SunWolf

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry for the late reply, I moslty play classic and just was posting due to a friend complaigning. When I experianced it, it was near old haven killing the zombies and skeletons. I was using the actual uo ui from enhanced at the time and pinco's did the same thing but worse at times. Had to close the bar and reopen to get it to refresh. Sorry not much help.

Doubleplay

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This bug happens to me all the time. I use the EC with Pinco's. When I cross a server line and start using the healthbars, everything is fine for about 5 minutes or so. Then the health bars start to show damage sporadically for a couple of minutes, finally becoming inoperable at 100% health. Unless I cross a server line or log out, the healthbars will stay at 100% forever. Needless to say, not knowing the health of your opponent is a huge disadvantage and quite frustrating. I cannot attest to the fact that crossing a server line is what resets the healthbars, because moving from one area to another frequently starts the whole process over for me. I have not tested whether that is always the case. The Pinco healthbar display is mirroring the small healthbar the client generates. Both of them are showing the same activity.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This has also happened in the CC. Training GD with Swoop and pets health bar shows 100%. Lore pet or redrag health bar fixes it.

H

Hagritty

I have just returned to UO after a 2.5 year layoff. I downloaded the latest EC, and Pinco's. I too am having the health bars stick at 100% after five minutes or so. Sometimes it will stick after the first hit leave the bar at 80% or so until he is dead, and then 100% there after. Logging out or crossing a server line seems to fix it. My guildmates (who have nicely not booted me after all this time) say it does it for them too, and can be a real pain as healing a team member is about impossible when things stick at 100%. I hope they can fix this because it is the only thing preventing the EC from being my main client. I love it except for this.

H

Hagritty

I have noticed that it ALWAYS happens about 5 minutes into me going into SHame to work up melee skill. As I fight near the entrance, I can reset it by going out and back in the dungeon. This has worked EVERY time!

SandboxQuint

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I'm using enhanced client + Pinco's UI. After about 5 to 10 mins of play enemy health bars start locking at 100% until the mob dies. The only way i can tell to fix this is run all the way out of the dungeon or relog, both of which are very annoying when im down in the lich room of Deceit. Has anyone else experienced this and is there a work around(aside from using the classic client)?

Last edited:

Spiritless

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm using enhanced client + Pinco's UI. After about 5 to 10 mins of play enemy health bars start locking at 100% until the mob dies. The only way i can tell to fix this is run all the way out of the dungeon or relog, both of which are very annoying when im down in the lich room of Deceit. Has anyone else experienced this and is there a work around(aside from using the classic client)?
Yeah, I see the same as you a lot. No work-arounds that I know of other than to relog unfortunately. It's a huge shame fundamental stuff like this in the EC is not operational. =/

Tzadkiel

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Still experiencing this issue in both clients. No acknowledgement thusfar from developement.

Adaline

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had the issue with EC + Pincos UI. I ended up using the Default UI instead of Pincos and no longer have the health bar issues. The only other thing I have done other than change to Default UI was to let the patcher do the file check at start up., which I don't think found anything.

Tzadkiel

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
To clarify, I am finding this issue in both the Abyss and when doing Fel Champs. It is the obsolute worst doing the fire daemons. Seems to be location based as I do not have serious issues in tram based locations.

Misk

UO QA Lead
VIP
Stratics Veteran
I played in the EC for about 12 hours this weekend looking for various bones and masks. I used the default EC UI about 50% of the time and I used Pinco's UI the rest of the time. I only noted the health bar issue when I was using Pinco's UI. I even noticed it when I loaded up the client with Pinco's and then switched over to the default UI.

Has anyone ever seen this health bar issue when loading up the EC with the default UI and actually just using the default UI?

T

Tazar

Yes. One of my friends has never loaded Pinco's or any other User Interface on her system - but has had the issue on the Enhanced Client at random locations.

Tropik

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I played in the EC for about 12 hours this weekend looking for various bones and masks. I used the default EC UI about 50% of the time and I used Pinco's UI the rest of the time. I only noted the health bar issue when I was using Pinco's UI. I even noticed it when I loaded up the client with Pinco's and then switched over to the default UI.

Has anyone ever seen this health bar issue when loading up the EC with the default UI and actually just using the default UI?
I have had this happen in both the Enhanced Client and Pinco's. It happens almost every time at Miamasa in the Labyrinth when you have killed about 20 - 40 of them. I have also noticed it in several other areas but only in those areas where you kill creatures of the exact same name. Then once you get up to the magic numbers of 20 - 40 it happens again. It started happening just the other day in the gardens with Grimm, once I'd killed over the magic numbers again. What I do not know is if the rate you kill them has anything to do with the problem. Whether, having many corpses on the ground with the same name has anything to do with it or if the other Bug of having phantom creatures on your screen with a 0 or 100 Health Bar that is clickable but not attackable has anything to do with it. Hope this helps.

Tropik

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Noticed over past few days that the Health Bars for the Named Zombies with Bones have also been sticking. Again it takes killling several before this happens but it does. Theses are not all named the same, but many of the creatures around the area ar and are killed at the same time. The first time I started noticing the problem of stuck health bars was when a large patch was installed a few months back. I'm not sure of the patch number, but it involved a very, very large patch for the 2D Client. After that patch, Creatures, NPC's Innocents etc. would appear on my mobiles bar (Pinco's) or on screen in the enhanced client approximately 1 to 1 1/2 screens away. Sometimes this became a nuisance to Bards or Tamers because I was attacking or trying to Bard Creatures that were too far away. After the aforementioned patch I had the opposite problem. An example is the Labyrinth and the small confined area that Miamasa spawns in. Before the Helath Bar for Miamasa appeared well before I entered that small area. Now with the new changes not only do I have to be in the small area but unless I'm almost standing right on top of Miamasa the health bar will not appear. Of course this creates problems when you have been targeted and are being cast upon by Creatures who's health bars have not popped up on your screen. In addition the Health Bar constantly appears and disappears when you move about 5 - 7 squares toward or away from Miamasa. Health Bars do not always get stuck at 100% of health either. I've seen them get stuck at any position on the health bar.

Lyconis

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I haven't had any issues with health bars for some time, but going on some problems way back when the 2d targeting system was updated... I don't use the EC but hopefully this will help some of you track down the issue.

Has anyone with this problem taken into account how quickly they grab the health bar of a newly spawned creature? E.g. if it happens a lot with Miasma, if you delay the grab of the health bar from the time that the creature spawns does it seem to stick less?

Do you grab the health bar of the "new" monster before the "old" monster is completely dead? Do you have an auto show corpse name running, and is the corpse name still hovering over the corpse when you grab the new health bar? Or is the death sound of the creature still playing while you grab another health bar?

Tropik

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I haven't had any issues with health bars for some time, but going on some problems way back when the 2d targeting system was updated... I don't use the EC but hopefully this will help some of you track down the issue.

Has anyone with this problem taken into account how quickly they grab the health bar of a newly spawned creature? E.g. if it happens a lot with Miasma, if you delay the grab of the health bar from the time that the creature spawns does it seem to stick less?

Do you grab the health bar of the "new" monster before the "old" monster is completely dead? Do you have an auto show corpse name running, and is the corpse name still hovering over the corpse when you grab the new health bar? Or is the death sound of the creature still playing while you grab another health bar?
In the case of Miamasa there is only one so a new Miamasa does not spawn until the old one is dead. you never have two of them alive on screen but you can have a ton of corpses. With Pinco's UI you do not need to grab health bars, there is a Heading Bar on your screen that automatically places mobiles under the heading with the health of each creature. You can decide whether you want all mobiles to appear on this list, or red or attackable creatures. You can then attack these mobiles in order or any way you wish, no grabbing of health bars.

In the past day I have noticed the following, using the Enhanced Client Default UI and Pinco's UI. The default UI lets you grab health bars and place them on your screen. They appear at 100% health normally. When you or they move away from that MOB's health bar a certain distance it turns grey and from what it looks like it turns the health bar to 0% health for some reason. When you move back and forth within that certain range the health bar goes grey or moves back to a red bar at 100%. That certain distance is maintained whether you scroll in on your character making the visisble screen smaller or whether you scroll out. The distance at which the MOB goes grey or loses it's red bar is the same. With Pinco's the health bar appears when the MOB appears on the screen and disppears when the MOB leaves the screen. It does not matter with Pinco's whether you are scrolled in close or scrolled out far away, the health bar will disappear when it leaves the screen. Tonight I noticed that in both the Default UI and Pincos UI. that when I dragged three Named Zombies away from the graveyard that while they were chasing me and all the same distance away, one of them had 0% health and no red bar while two of them had 100% health and full red bars. Once I was able to provoke them on to each other the health bar for the 0% named zombie went to 100% with a full health bar. Sadly it is looking to me like the data stored on the MOB's is not consistent enough to be used by the Default UI or Pinco's UI. I'm not sure why it looks like once an MOB moves away from you a certain distance that the Health reverts to 0% and has to be brough back to 100% every time it re-enters your attack zone. What is obvious is that in many cases it is sticking at 0% or 100% or anywhere in between.

Tropik

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I have uploaded to Youtube a few videos highlighting the problems with health bars sticking all using Enhanced Client.

Video 1 - Pinco's UI - Named Zombies showing 0 health -
Video 2 - Default UI - Named Zombies showing 0 health -
Video 3 - Pinco's UI - Miamasa getting stuck at 100% -
I attempted to do Miamasa with the Default UI but it was not sticking and I had to leave a few times which may have reset it.
I will try again soon unless someone can finally explain why this problem occurs and whether it can be fixed.

kongomongo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
Awesome! Thank you Bleak!

Interesting screenshot using Pinco as well:

Llama (named X) shown in UI as 100%, however the small bar shows real HP (about 80%). This is rare however, usually both bars are wrong.

kongomongo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
I was able to reproduce this issue and will be working on a fix. Thanks for posting the videos.
Any update on the issue Bleak?
Also is this problem related to the following: Sometimes there will be monsters just standing somewhere in a dungeon - this is just a ghost/cache though, it is not really on the server. Logically you cannot perform any actions against it. Needless to say it's quite irritating as well :p

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also is this problem related to the following: Sometimes there will be monsters just standing somewhere in a dungeon - this is just a ghost/cache though, it is not really on the server. Logically you cannot perform any actions against it. Needless to say it's quite irritating as well :p
This issue is known, see the other thread.

Bleak

UO Software Engineer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Both issues will be fixed in the upcoming publish.

kongomongo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
Unfortunately for me the bug is still present in the latest (40.29.2?) client after pub80 hotfix. In Exodus Dungeon or for example Barracoon spawn it is very easy (with Pinco's UI) to get the health bars stick and ghost mobs. The only way to update the health bars is to teleport or reload UI. Then they stick again. Relogging is the only cure for a while.

Anything we can do to help?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please check for this fix without Pinco's. It may be that he needs to make some adjustments to adapt to the client fix.

kongomongo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
Bleak do you agree with this? I haven't see any changes in the Default.zip so not sure what Pinco can adjust. Anyways I will try do reproduce issue in default ui and capture video.

But I guess that Pinco is easier to get the bug because of the constant health bar updates. So its just more likely to get the bug?

Lady Laurel

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was fighting in Wrong (Jan 02, 2013) and here are my details:

Character: Sampire (appx 12:00pm EST)

14 total mobs killed (11 Squatters, 2 Defenders and 1 Cave Troll), all but one was honored (one of the Defenders) and most I used Enemy of One
After the 12th kill I had to go and drop off loot at house on Tokuno, used Sacred Journey to go to Jhelom Moongate, then to Makoto-Jima and walked to house, then used Sacred Journey to return to the entrance of Wrong.
When I returned I attacked my 10th Squatter, but the health bar stuck and never displayed below 100%. The health bar was dragged with the mob 2 tiles from me (it appears our theory of it being distance related is incorrect)
I then killed my 14th mob (11th squatter) in the same way and health bar still stuck until logging out.

Character: Tamer with Greater Dragon (appx 6:00pm EST)

8 total mobs killed (7 Squatters and 1 Defender)
Killed 4 Squatters and 1 Defender.
While killing 5th Squatter another spawned, so I dragged its health bar. Killed 5th Squatter.
6th Squatters health bar stuck and never displayed below 100%, then killed 7th with health bar still stuck until logging out.
Most of these mobs were within a few tiles when dragging their health bar.

I had my debug window open and nothing was displayed.

These characters are two different accounts, not even on the same EA account (though not sure if that matters)

Not sure what other information you might want/need.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This could be the key:

How do you drag the healthbars? from the mobile bar, from the object handle or directly by clicking the mobile?

Sometimes from the mobile bar, rarely from the object handle (only when hunting in large groups or when killing large groups of mobs where I can't see the mobile), but most of the time just by clicking/dragging it from the mobile.

Today's hunting was all from clicking/dragging from the mobile

Last edited:

kongomongo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
OK i just noticed something weird. Was doing treasure chest in Ter Mur. Always had one Wanderer of the Void, then one Minotaur General. The health bar would always work for the wanderer, never for the general??? And that 5-6 times in a row. Please bleak can't you try to reproduce it? If using Pinco's UI and setting healthbars to 15 at a time with grey and green dockspots enabled I get the bug VERY fast. Pretty much any hunt I do triggers the bug. Did a couple of Melis and triggered the bug on every single Meli. Closed and restarted UO after each one.

Bleak

UO Software Engineer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Had sometime tonight and I found the issue in Pinco's:
function MobileHealthBar.UpdateStatus(mobileId)
local windowName = "MobileHealthBar_"..mobileId

Broken:
if(WindowData.MobileStatus[mobileId] and MobileHealthBar.hasWindow[mobileId] == true and IsMobile(mobileId)) then
Fixed:
if(WindowData.MobileStatus[mobileId] and MobileHealthBar.hasWindow[mobileId] == true) then

The IsMobile is returning false since the mob has been deleted so it will not properly update.
Another suggestion would be to move the following code to directly after theMobileHealthBar.hasWindow check before doing anything else:
--Set mobile's health status bar
local curHealth = WindowData.MobileStatus[mobileId].CurrentHealth
local maxHealth = WindowData.MobileStatus[mobileId].MaxHealth

StatusBarSetCurrentValue( windowName.."HealthBar", curHealth )
StatusBarSetMaximumValue( windowName.."HealthBar", maxHealth )

Let me know if you have anymore issues.

Last edited:

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Had sometime tonight and I found the issue in Pinco's:
function MobileHealthBar.UpdateStatus(mobileId)
local windowName = "MobileHealthBar_"..mobileId

Broken:
if(WindowData.MobileStatus[mobileId] and MobileHealthBar.hasWindow[mobileId] == true and IsMobile(mobileId)) then
Fixed:
if(WindowData.MobileStatus[mobileId] and MobileHealthBar.hasWindow[mobileId] == true) then

The IsMobile is returning false since the mob has been deleted so it will not properly update.
Another suggestion would be to move the following code to directly after theMobileHealthBar.hasWindow check before doing anything else:
--Set mobile's health status bar
local curHealth = WindowData.MobileStatus[mobileId].CurrentHealth
local maxHealth = WindowData.MobileStatus[mobileId].MaxHealth

StatusBarSetCurrentValue( windowName.."HealthBar", curHealth )
StatusBarSetMaximumValue( windowName.."HealthBar", maxHealth )

Let me know if you have anymore issues.
Ok (even if is not very logic that IsMobile return false), I've removed it.

Also I've moved the bar updates up, but they have to stay inside a mobilestatus null check or it could cause other problems.

Anyways, everybody patch and try so we can know if there is something else :)

Bleak

UO Software Engineer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I will need to take a more depth look into the UI to resolve this issue. I was able to repro the issue last night, MobileHealthBar.UpdateStatus looks to be processing the incoming message but the health bars still are not reflecting this information.

Last edited:

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I will need to take a more depth look into the UI to resolve this issue. I was able to repro the issue last night, MobileHealthBar.UpdateStatus looks to be processing the incoming message but the health bars still are not reflecting this information.
Then the only cause that may prevent that is WindowData.MobileStatus[mobileId] = nil, but forcing a re-register seems useless :/

Bleak

UO Software Engineer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Then the only cause that may prevent that is WindowData.MobileStatus[mobileId] = nil, but forcing a re-register seems useless :/
MobileHealthBar.UpdateStatus is getting past the WindowData.MobileStatus[mobileId] ~= nil check so there is a deeper issue.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
MobileHealthBar.UpdateStatus is getting past the WindowData.MobileStatus[mobileId] ~= nil check so there is a deeper issue.
mmm interesting... in some way there is something in the mobilestatus but is not updated.
All this mess begun with the publish 75, so probably you could find some hint by checking what is changed in the client with that patch :p

T

Tazar

This problem has gotten much worse recently - it's happening almost constantly. Health-bars not updating the health percentage... health-bars showing red when you are poisoned... health-bars showing green when you are not poisoned... It is happening in the Default Client as well as Pinco's. I've noticed a few times when my health-bar is at 100% - but I am also my active target - that the active-target health-bar appears correct.

In addition to this... there are often times when a guildmate is dead - but I can not see his ghost - even when he's tabbing in and out of war-mode and going OOOooOooooooooooOOOOOo!!!!!!!!! all over his screen.

Are these two issues in any way related?

Last edited by a moderator:

kongomongo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
I notice all of the above by Tazat, plus the naked people problem when they go just out of sight and come back in, which I think might also be related. Plus the problem with ghost mobs that dont exist anymore/are dead.

Pleae make this a high priority. It spoils the fun for us old players and surely for the newbie 3d players.

Lady Laurel

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have also been noticing it happening a lot more. Not sure what they did, but it is bad. I have died a couple of times on newer characters without much health because I was poisoned and couldn't tell because the health bar was still red.

Bleak

UO Software Engineer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This problem has gotten much worse recently - it's happening almost constantly. Health-bars not updating the health percentage... health-bars showing red when you are poisoned... health-bars showing green when you are not poisoned... It is happening in the Default Client as well as Pinco's. I've noticed a few times when my health-bar is at 100% - but I am also my active target - that the active-target health-bar appears correct.

In addition to this... there are often times when a guildmate is dead - but I can not see his ghost - even when he's tabbing in and out of war-mode and going OOOooOooooooooooOOOOOo!!!!!!!!! all over his screen.

Are these two issues in any way related?
What server and time of day did these issues happen?

T

Tazar

I personally have seen all of the issues above (including the naked people Kongomongo spoke of) on Atlantic, Siege, and on Lake Superior with things getting steadily worse over the last two weeks... I mostly play in the evenings (US Central time) between 6 and 10pm. It was really bad the last 3 nights with the health-bars getting stuck near constantly. I also play on the weekends most of the day and see it a lot then as well.

Thanks for looking into it and happy bug-hunting. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
T

Tazar

Another things I am noticing lately is a graphics type glitch... during combat - I see a blur pass over the screen from top to bottom - or mid-screen to the bottom. It looks like of like a giant monster has an elbow on the screen for an instant. Doesn't sound like it would be related - but you never know. I've been noticing it for the last few weeks as the health-bar issues suddenly got worse.

kongomongo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
Hey Bleak: My theory is that the problem occurs when running around: Pinco creates a Health Bar and then attaches that health bar to an actual mob. When you have ran past the mob at the edge of the screen the mob might have already vanished from the screen before the health bar is attached to the mob. So maybe the attaching goes to hell and the health bar is kaput?