• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Disappointed with what this has become.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have been away for the past 2-3 trading years, returning this yr. When did xshard trading become a nit pick of bag contents?

Used to be you traded bag for bag and were happy if you picked up a rare for your shard, or gave one to someone on another shard. The whole thing was usually a really nice time to meet people from other shards, do some trades, have a chat and leave with goodwill to all. In most cases, certainly on my part, if I had 'extra' gifts from previous year not traded you would toss them in the pot for your trader with no expectation of 'extras' as well.

Now it seems a lot of traders are picking over what they have to offer on any given shard, and are only prepared to swap gifts that don't contain anything 'rare'.

I have read a few threads on here, and noted people only being prepared to 'trade' you if you have something considered 'rare' on their shard in return.

Please, if you want to trade with me, one of the very very few traders on Oceania, then only add me if you are prepared to trade bag for bag and haven't already 'picked' over the gift first.

So far I have given 2 gold tickets to Mundayne on Origin, and another (I think formosa, lost name :() and been lucky enough to receive one off Electra from Great Lakes. I still have the majority of shards to do.

Xshard trading was a way for players to complete 'sets', it is impossible if traders are holding back on anything rare or semi rare basically for greed purposes. It takes away from the whole spirit of what this trading used to be. I know I have more gold harpsichords, and the odd mesanna cake on some shards I have not traded yet. I will NOT be advising which.

Maybe if you feel the same, put your name/shard below and we will try and work a trading group which has similar ideals. One where the gifts aren't all picked over.

Edit: just gave a third gold to THP on Europa, enjoy!
Edit: just received a gold from Klaus of Drachenfels. In return gave an extra 6 bags, included a messana cake and some previous years stuff. Great trades, thank you!
Edit: another lucky trader, Oriana from Baja got a gold from me. My fourth to give away!

Last edited:

Nistra

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been noticing this to, it's actually kind of annoying and disheartening. Its like suddenly if you don't have a rare one then your ripping the other person off. Personally I don't even bother looking in the bags before I pass them over, I don't consider them mine. I've been told this time around that I've given away a few of the golden harps and I haven't gotten one yet...but that's ok with me. It's the nature of x-sharding holiday gifts. I like it when uo gives you tickets, you hand over the ticket and what happens after that is up to the uo gods.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I gave away at least a couple of golds myself with nothing really in return but a few bags... But now my space is at a premium and I've had to kinda give up trading for now. :(

Sargon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I have to agree. Picking through the bags first takes some of the fun out of it and attempting to trade rare for rare is way too much of a hassle. I don't have time to sort through every gift on every shard, then find appropriate trading partners based on rarity. That makes the whole process way too complicated.

nico7600

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am Klaus from Drachenfels. The trade with MissEcho was very nice and exciting. I was very happy to be able to reward her with a golden harpsi. I also prefer to trade bag for bag not knowing what's in there. This is much more exciting!! Thx again for the nice trade Miss Echo, and the beautiful Messana cake :)

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Your post is spot on....its ruined the fun of holiday trading [fullstop]

Mnay many thanks for the gold...make no mistake it will be in public view in the holiday section...1997-2012 in Europas public historical museum.for all to enjoy....u are a star....one of the olde school who used to really enjoy the old bag for bag......thanks again...xxxxxxx

also i dont blink twice if i log into a shard that as not traded for 4-5 years...i just hand the job lot over...all of it.....i doubt the new breed would....they want one for one swops...jeeze...bring back the good old holiday trades...make em a token that u have to click to get the rewards...nevermind the new breed would just click all the tokens away then try trade the rare.....its over i guess.....

Last edited:

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
ahh well a lot of my 'old' traders are still doing bag for bag. So far I have given away 4 gold harpsichords, and received 2 in return, plus lots of previous yrs from them as well which are always great for turn in points, especially gift boxes from long ago. Have given a few messana cakes. Think i have about 150 cakes so far and only one messana so guess that cake must be as rare as the gold harp lol. I still have LOTS to trade, whole shards catskills, LS, napa, lake austin, pacific, and at least 7 or more on legends, europa, chessy origin etc, so still hope for more surprises.

ACB1961

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have been away for the past 2-3 trading years, returning this yr. When did xshard trading become a nit pick of bag contents?

Used to be you traded bag for bag and were happy if you picked up a rare for your shard, or gave one to someone on another shard. The whole thing was usually a really nice time to meet people from other shards, do some trades, have a chat and leave with goodwill to all. In most cases, certainly on my part, if I had 'extra' gifts from previous year not traded you would toss them in the pot for your trader with no expectation of 'extras' as well.

Now it seems a lot of traders are picking over what they have to offer on any given shard, and are only prepared to swap gifts that don't contain anything 'rare'.

I have read a few threads on here, and noted people only being prepared to 'trade' you if you have something considered 'rare' on their shard in return.

Please, if you want to trade with me, one of the very very few traders on Oceania, then only add me if you are prepared to trade bag for bag and haven't already 'picked' over the gift first.

So far I have given 2 gold tickets to Mundayne on Origin, and another (I think formosa, lost name :() and been lucky enough to receive one off Electra from Great Lakes. I still have the majority of shards to do.

Xshard trading was a way for players to complete 'sets', it is impossible if traders are holding back on anything rare or semi rare basically for greed purposes. It takes away from the whole spirit of what this trading used to be. I know I have more gold harpsichords, and the odd mesanna cake on some shards I have not traded yet. I will NOT be advising which.

Maybe if you feel the same, put your name/shard below and we will try and work a trading group which has similar ideals. One where the gifts aren't all picked over.

Edit: just gave a third gold to THP on Europa, enjoy!
Edit: just received a gold from Klaus of Drachenfels. In return gave an extra 6 bags, included a messana cake and some previous years stuff. Great trades, thank you!
Edit: another lucky trader, Oriana from Baja got a gold from me. My fourth to give away!
I agree with you, but a year or so ago people that I had traded with since the begininng began to suddenly not have items on a character or two as we did trades. I just never traded with them again as this happened. I didn't even say anything. What is there to say really? A person has honor or doesn't in life or in a video game.

This year I had the ability to go to any shard & get whatever great item I had if I wanted to. That is a seriously nice thing to be able to do. Soooo, here's what I did. I posted the amount of gold harps I had on each shard for 1-1 trades to Atlantic. I started really late since I've moved to Alabama from NC. I didn't trade a single gold harp. I posted what I had to offer as not having gold harps. I did not trade 1 single item here other than the guy who wanted 1-1 trades on Siege. I don't blame him. I traded with my long term partners, and if I'd have had a gold harp on one of their shards they would have gotten them. I just honestly didn't have one on any of them.

This whole thing is silly. God how many sets of whatever is the new thing could we possibly need? Its as bad as Mesanna items. She's an awesome person. I'm very glad she's here, but no one should have ever been able to make a single item that might sell for 50-100m. In the old days people got fired for that sort of thing in uo, and those items were only worth a few million. Mainly because no one had that kind of money. I wish they would go back to the unknown gift way of doing this like at Christmas.

Being honorable will always cost you, but most of the time its a higher cost than these silly items on 250+ characters.

Have a Blessed Day!

ACB

Odin of LS

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can trade 14 on Oceania for LS or Legends which ever you would like. I didn't post my reasons before, but I am only trading to non US shards, except for a gold for a gold to my home shards. Those heritage tokens can come in handy if I ever decide to create new chars on different shards, which I have already used a few on 2 or 3 on alt shards. Let me know please. icq 296 296 473

Lady Lavendar

Seasoned Veteran
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I traded bag for bag with people I trade with. However, if I can't find a someone to trade with me, I will open the remaining bags and be glad if there is something special.

Thanks for the trades, Miss Echo, and THP.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I trade what I have, for equal amount on Legends...I have yet to understand why people are picking over the gifts on shards they don't play on. Seriously, I play Legends, what good is it for me to have a gold harp or anything else for that matter on any other shard?? I was actually questioned on one shard, as to why I only had 13 gifts instead of 14 to trade...2 accts x 7 chars ya know, but the truth is one acct is short a char, on purpose, for char xfers reasons...

And I will recommend MissEcho to anyone wanting to trade, definitely an honorable person.

Lord Lew

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
exacctly lavendar.. I was gone for 10 years, in the past I had trade partners where I would trade bag for bag.. upon my return this time I saw that things have changed, and greed has fully taken over. With the new system of cross shard transfer and the shield tokens for older vets, its a different age. Once I have a list of traders that I am comfortable with, I will trade bag for bag again. This season, I had many who handed me all their bags from one character. to be sure I will not trade with them again. Gifts should be pulled and handed over one by one without looking in the bags prior. I plan to do this with several of you that I have traded with this season, and lavendar, I would be more than happy to trade with you next time :)...

and for the record, after my first two trades, I pulled all my bags. I realized quite fast how the new taders were working and figured the only way I would get what I needed for those that collect and do not sell on Atlantic was to jump in the pool and swiim the new swim.

Last edited:

sntrogan

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dont look in bags prior to trading and have lost lots of trade partners over the years due to not being able to tell them what items i do or dont have. Untraded bags normally get thrown in as extras with the next trade that I do.
In past trades I gave away 9 angels boxes and got 1 in trade. Knowing what is in the box takes away from doing the trades in my eyes.

In response to Lord Lew I pull my all gifts to as few characters as possible on shards in which I have long term traders on, to try and speed the trade process, I do not look in the bags nor will I, it is their gift to open

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
put me down,,,old school.[section 1]...think we need to make 2 sections within the holiday forum...and have 2 sets of traders.....old and new....section 1 and section 2

section 1. for olde school trader that are happy doing......bag for bag

section 2 ....greedy traders that have hawked threw every bag and are swopping this for that ......

Last edited:

DarkWolf

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree with you wholeheartedly Miss Echo. I too trade bag-for-bag no matter what I have. I do transfer everything to 1 or 2 characters per shard when I can only to speed up the process of trading. Yes, I did look in each of the bags to see if I managed to get anything rare. But only out of curiousity. I will always have a gift from each of my characters on each shard to trade. Out of all the shards, I managed to get 5 golden harpsichords and about a dozen Messana cakes. I managed to give 1 of the golds to Magdalena in our trade. She was nice enough to try to refuse it, knowing it was a rare. I told her that in the past we were given tickets and had no way of knowing if they contained a rare without redeeming them. This year was no different to me. I still have 4 golds on 2 shards that I will happily give to whomever I trade with. If they don't go now, I will wait until the next trade go-round.

And PS. Thank you for the trades Miss Echo!

Last edited:

Schatzi

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Spot on Echo....I will not look inside the bags this year as I have way too many chars and not enough time.
I have reserved 14 on Oceania for ya. I want Napa. I have been unable to trade this past week , but I am good to go now.
My icq# is63-437-556

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so can we get two trader lists.....please....

safe and greedy......safe and old school