• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What pet/pet combo's do you enjoy?

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I made a 3rd tamer and am looking to do something different with him. My main tamer primarily uses GD and CU. I pulled out his WW for old times saka and was enjoying it though I stayed away from the more dangerous stuff. His stable is full so I am looking to tame some different things with my new tamer and want to try some different combos or different pets from the norm.

1. What is your favorite single pet to fight with that is different from the main ones these days?
2. What is your favorite combo to fight with?

Wolfman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1. Dread warhorse
2. Rune/mare or rune/bake
Maybe he meant it, but since he did not realy state it:
I love my Dreadmare/Bake Kitsune Combo, because of its offensive output, and the ability to ride one of them.....besides a black Horse and a fox at your side who light everything up in their path is kinda cool!

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
106 views but only 2 people joined the discussion. I remember a few years ago the Tamer forums being lively and well used. :(

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I was using 2 bake kitsune's which I have never tried before. I was surprised by the damage output that they did. I had to stay on the first to attack due to the amount of damage that it sustained but was very pleased with how quick they kill. I am waiting for my rune beetle to bond so I can try the bake/rune combo and see how that it. I may also try and tame a reptalon since I have never used one before...might be interesting. What other combo's should I look at and try?

Wolfman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was using 2 bake kitsune's which I have never tried before. I was surprised by the damage output that they did. I had to stay on the first to attack due to the amount of damage that it sustained but was very pleased with how quick they kill. I am waiting for my rune beetle to bond so I can try the bake/rune combo and see how that it. I may also try and tame a reptalon since I have never used one before...might be interesting. What other combo's should I look at and try?
I haved used a reptalon very successfully on a melee tamer hybrid template: The idea was: Using Vet to keep my pet alive and being able to bash in myself.
A temp could look like this (since you have the other thread looking for a new temp, I thought I would post it):
105 taming
105 animal lore
100 vet
120 fencing
90 tactics
40 necro (wraith form/curse weapon)
60 Spirit Speak
100 chivalry

It is kinda pain to have your karma drained by curse weapon and need it high for your chiv spells, but you can fight high karma giving mobs with this (leafblade is the weapon to go if you ask me).

I had a hell of a time playing it and gathering keys for Dreadhorn! ;)

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
That looks like an interesting template, might give it a whirl. I have not played any melee characters for a while so it might be fun helping my pet beat things down. How did your reptalon stand up against different things? I know its not a GD and not sure what it may compare to.

Wolfman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That looks like an interesting template, might give it a whirl. I have not played any melee characters for a while so it might be fun helping my pet beat things down. How did your reptalon stand up against different things? I know its not a GD and not sure what it may compare to.
Well, in principle a reptalon is a cooler looking CU with less HP, Less resist and no healing ability.
The only things that make it worth a go, is its damage distribution and the fire breath. It'S para ability gives you a breather sometimes, but since it keeps attacking, the para is usually broken.

Oh yes, if you find a legendary wrestling one, when you train it, it can go back up to 107 wrestle......

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
dread and bake make a nice combo too.

my son is a 'training resistant' tamer who's never gotten around to training over 90 tame. When he plays the char he uses a pair of bake kits and rides a frenzied. He does very well with them.
Use a reptalon where your target's weakest resist is energy

Herman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hell hounds are my favorite now they look good sound nice and 5 of them + disco dropp most things so fast theire low hp and resist almost dont matter

krilov

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yea disco+ pack animals is a cool trick but at the end...my favourite couple remains the rune+bake no matter what.

All kind of debuff/curses, poisons, high speed and fast attack.Spent countless time trying to find the son of Rune's God..and hell....just that rune alone seems a jesus christ.
U would be surprised how differently a keeper perform than a random one.How better.

Some hints...mare+rune is cool too but a keeper bake ownz a keeper rune.The main point ofc is finding it. ;)
Btw mare+rune is still one of the most common duo in pvp cuz of the fireball-session often done by the mare...the fireballs stop easely the casting of the enemy..and then u got your flying rune bleeding-poisoning, paralyzing and bombing it...what else? oh wait...i got my archer-specials too (0_o stay far from me :p )
2x bake vs others : the bakes lose in terms of dmg output but u can use 3d pet as a mount...that's something interesting if u try (4example) an archer tamer at doom: it's a funny trio to see at work ;)