• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Treasure Hunting] Need Coordinate Help

B

Black-Ice

Just finished my T-hunter yesterday and have googled everything about map coordinates and it appears that there is no easy way to find the coordinates for t-maps. Even UO Stratics maps are not working properly. Is anybody else having these issues ?

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
The old tmap section for stratics is for posterity only. They switched how maps worked a couple of years ago and now the maps are at random locations. You need to get yourself either ultima mapper or cartographer to find the locations easier. You can get cartographer from a link on this page UOAM, UOCartographer, EC Tips, SA Map Links and UOTH Here! | Stratics Forums and you can find ultima mapper here Ultima Mapper | Player Tracking Refined

If you are using the classic client, then you need UOAssist from here (UO Assist link won't stay when I hit submit so go to tugsoft.com and it will come up that way, sorry I cannot link it for some reason.)

You do not need to have a paid version, the trial will work even when the trial is over. I would suggest doing the Enhanced Client for maps. You will need Pinco's UI from here Pinco's UI | Stratics Forums With Pinco's you can enlarge the treasure map and then compare it to cart or uomapper to find the location. I run my thunter without mining and it rarely takes me more than a minute to find the treasure location and dig it up. I hope this helps. :)

B

Black-Ice

The old tmap section for stratics is for posterity only. They switched how maps worked a couple of years ago and now the maps are at random locations. You need to get yourself either ultima mapper or cartographer to find the locations easier. You can get cartographer from a link on this page UOAM, UOCartographer, EC Tips, SA Map Links and UOTH Here! | Stratics Forums and you can find ultima mapper here Ultima Mapper | Player Tracking Refined

If you are using the classic client, then you need UOAssist from here (UO Assist link won't stay when I hit submit so go to tugsoft.com and it will come up that way, sorry I cannot link it for some reason.)

You do not need to have a paid version, the trial will work even when the trial is over. I would suggest doing the Enhanced Client for maps. You will need Pinco's UI from here Pinco's UI | Stratics Forums With Pinco's you can enlarge the treasure map and then compare it to cart or uomapper to find the location. I run my thunter without mining and it rarely takes me more than a minute to find the treasure location and dig it up. I hope this helps. :)
Thanks for the response. I am playing still with 2D since I hate the EC. I have the paid version of UO Assist but I'm not sure how that will help me. I guess I'll have to give the EC a try. Thanks again for the info. Putting my mining on a stone will sure help free up room for other needed skills ! xoxo

Doubleplay

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the response. I am playing still with 2D since I hate the EC. I have the paid version of UO Assist but I'm not sure how that will help me. I guess I'll have to give the EC a try. Thanks again for the info. Putting my mining on a stone will sure help free up room for other needed skills ! xoxo
By far the best thing you can do is carry gm mining on your character. Then you don't have to be too exact. I usually get on target in three or so tries.

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Cart and Ultima Mapper use something in UO Assist to track your location which is why you need to have UO Assist.

I use the EC for treasure hunting and can usually find the spot in just a couple of tries as well. I find that mining is a waste of points for me. It is rare for me to not be able to find it right away with enlarging the treasure map and using Cart.

Rumpy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cart and Ultima Mapper use something in UO Assist to track your location which is why you need to have UO Assist.

I use the EC for treasure hunting and can usually find the spot in just a couple of tries as well. I find that mining is a waste of points for me. It is rare for me to not be able to find it right away with enlarging the treasure map and using Cart.
I am also a returning VET and now know why I can't find anything. I cannot run the Enhanced Client as I just renewed my account and have not upgraded to SA and don't know how my PC will handle it (Its older). I tryed for 30 minutes to find a level 4 map with no luck. I was using UOAM, as I have a working version and couldn't pinpoint it. The T-Maps are so vague with the pin and it blocks how to view it on some. Any tips? I really don't have room for mining or the patience to add it. My T-Hunter is Peace/Provo/Music/Mage/Carto/Lockpick/Med with 120s in bard skills.

Rumpy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Try this method, I can find maps in classic client within a minute or two. The char used in the example has no mining

UO Stratics *New* | Finding Maps

That worked wonderfully!! I was able to get like 5 done in a short span. An here I was about to delete my T-Hunter!!

One last question, is the drop rate for maps at random? Which creatures are best for gaining level 5 maps?

Also - Only can get Level 6 Maps from Paragons in Ilsh correct?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No idea what's best for level 5s tbh. Most of mine come from bloods or titans.
Level 6s come in chests - so Paragons in Ilsh, some of the names creatures in ML such as Miasma, Rend, Abscess (Not Lurg, his map level isn't high enough) and level 5 treasure chests you dig up. Most of the 6s my hubby does come from Miasma
There's a full list here:
UO Stratics *New* | Treasure Map Quests
I'd suggest doing level 5 carrying creatures in Ilsh, giving you a chance at both 5s and 6s.
Cu sidhe in the Weald, Titan at the pyramid, Blood elemental in Blood Dungeon or Sorcerer's, Balron in Blood Dungeon or Wisp Dungeon etc.

Maps in chests - whatever level they are, are always random facet.

Vivacia

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I still use the map archives on Stratics to get me close to the general area of my treasure, sometime's it's an exact location still. I get the coordinates off the archives then use a set of old runebooks marked with t-map co-ord's. I also read a post here (somewhere) of a technique that helps a lot...carry blank scrolls and a map makers pen with you and when you get close to where you think your treasure should be make a local map, but don't move. Now click on the "plot course" at the top of your local map you just made and make an "X" going from top left corner diagonally to the bottom right corner then up to top right and then diagonally to the bottom left. The center of the "X" is where u were standing when you made that map, now compare it with your t-map and move accordingly. It helps a lot when there isnt much of a landmark. I have never used UOA or cartographer, just this method and I find them pretty quick (usually). I should add that I do have 100 mining and I play the Classic Client. I also keep a book of islands with me, after you do so many you can just look at an island t-map and know what island it's on. Hope this helps!.. (Tried to upload a pic but get an error, somthing about an "allowed extension")

Driven Insane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Petra thanks for the write up.

Been trying to get back into T-hunting, but was getting really irritated trying to find those darn chests.

That was until I read your suggestions :thumbup: