• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How high can a person go with 1:1 to strength:health?

Dan123The123Man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What i'm wondering is at what point will 1 point of health start requiring 2 strength when talking about stats? Like how high can a person raise their strength and still get the 1:1 ratio before it starts converting to 2:1 ratio (2 str: 1 health)?

Driven Insane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I believe it's 100.

This has always annoyed me and I wonder if there's a logical reason for this. And along the same lines why can we imbue +8 stamina or mana increase, but only +5 hit point increase?

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
go to test center and come back and report. Start with "set str 1" and after the shoes are off ask for help beyond 20. Unless your an Adams.

Dan123The123Man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
at work, can't test it out. Was hoping i'd find someone who already knows the answer or knows of a formula somewhere out there... But thanks for your well educated answer there... Seems like you put much thought into what you were gonna say before actually saying it. Definatelly not something I would have already thought of.:whip:

Dan123The123Man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I believe it's 100.

This has always annoyed me and I wonder if there's a logical reason for this. And along the same lines why can we imbue +8 stamina or mana increase, but only +5 hit point increase?
at the same time, why can't we imbue 8 dex if we can do 8 stamina? From what I was told stamina doesnt work like dex does when effectively parrying with the parry skill... So why can't we put 8 dex on gear again? Well guess the same reason why we cant to intel either... But leave HP alone cause that's all gravy :coco:

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
on the imbue part it would take away from the new loot system or anything special about new artifacts

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I believe it's 100.

For awhile the devs were toying with the idea of giving players several hundred hit points as a counter to being ganked in PvP situations. Ideas change, though. HPI 5 was the cap per item since AOS and imbuing just took what the caps were and used them. Why did they choose to go with HPI 5 when AOS came out? Not sure. But w/ the 25 HPI cap which came later, I guess they wanted to aim for a max of 150 HP rather than 170 or more.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
The equation for hit points:

HP = 50 + (STR/2) + HPI

So I don't know what you mean. The equation is consistent at all times. HPI is capped at 25.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Obsidian: Too many people assume incorrectly that STR=HP because the formula intersects that at STR 100.

When, in fact, HP are HIGHER than the STR score, up to STR 98.

Gorbs

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The original formula for hit points WAS hp = str. This was changed to hp = 50 + str / 2 at some point. In the first couple years of UO it was less common for players to have 100 strength. Many were running around in the mid 60s and dieing very quickly as a result.

Dan123The123Man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you can reach probly 200+ hp with the what +25 hp from bard buffs... STR pot and bless (if they stack? I dunno don't use pots)... Dog form (I guess?) and stacked strength With a bard alone though it's pretty easy for anyone with 130+ health to be 158+ from the buff they give.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The original formula for hit points WAS hp = str. This was changed to hp = 50 + str / 2 at some point. In the first couple years of UO it was less common for players to have 100 strength. Many were running around in the mid 60s and dieing very quickly as a result.
Yeah. Back in the day when you made a char, and you didn't choose "Advanced" to change your stat/skill distribution, you'd start out with 30 STR for most templates, which was 30 Health. Newbies died REAL fast back then, even when fighting crap like Llamas and Mountain Goats.
Plus, back then, the heavier armors which had higher STR requirements (and later DEX penalties), gave more AR (Armor Rating). GM Platemail was absolutely superior in terms of protection to GM Leather Armor back then (Unlike today). Downside was, that if you got Cursed or Weakened, even with 100 STR and GM Resist (Which was rare back then), your Platemail would drop off of you and into your pack. Plus, they introduced the DEX penalty to heavier armors sometime between T2A and Renaissance, if i remember right. Bone Armor had the highest innate AR (and less DEX penalty than Platemail), but wasn't craftable, so Mages used Leather Armor, Warriors used either Heavy Archer Suits (Mix of Chainmail+Platemail), or full Platemail Suits.

you can reach probly 200+ hp with the what +25 hp from bard buffs... STR pot and bless (if they stack? I dunno don't use pots)... Dog form (I guess?) and stacked strength With a bard alone though it's pretty easy for anyone with 130+ health to be 158+ from the buff they give.
Yeah, my Gargoyle Thrower has 105 STR naturally. With the +30 STR from a Greater Strength Pot, +5 STR from a Purple Petal, +1 STR from his Conjurer's Trinket, and +8 STR/+16 HPI from my Bard's Invigorate, he goes up to 149 STR. He has +15 HPI on his gear (Need to get him a CC), he has 155 Health (165 if he had CC), 187 Stamina (192 if he had CC), 111 Mana (116 if i wear Shroud of the Condemned, but i like my look without it).

Raptor85

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah. Back in the day when you made a char, and you didn't choose "Advanced" to change your stat/skill distribution, you'd start out with 30 STR for most templates, which was 30 Health. Newbies died REAL fast back then, even when fighting crap like Llamas and Mountain Goats.
Plus, back then, the heavier armors which had higher STR requirements (and later DEX penalties), gave more AR (Armor Rating). GM Platemail was absolutely superior in terms of protection to GM Leather Armor back then (Unlike today). Downside was, that if you got Cursed or Weakened, even with 100 STR and GM Resist (Which was rare back then), your Platemail would drop off of you and into your pack. Plus, they introduced the DEX penalty to heavier armors sometime between T2A and Renaissance, if i remember right. Bone Armor had the highest innate AR (and less DEX penalty than Platemail), but wasn't craftable, so Mages used Leather Armor, Warriors used either Heavy Archer Suits (Mix of Chainmail+Platemail), or full Platemail Suits.

Yeah, my Gargoyle Thrower has 105 STR naturally. With the +30 STR from a Greater Strength Pot, +5 STR from a Purple Petal, +1 STR from his Conjurer's Trinket, and +8 STR/+16 HPI from my Bard's Invigorate, he goes up to 149 STR. He has +15 HPI on his gear (Need to get him a CC), he has 155 Health (165 if he had CC), 187 Stamina (192 if he had CC), 111 Mana (116 if i wear Shroud of the Condemned, but i like my look without it).
Chainmail was the common armor for warriors pre-ren as it was lighter and cheaper, "almost" as good but easier to wear/get. plate was what you upgraded too once you could afford to wear it :D

I really miss that system...armor types actually meant something (even cloth had AR) and fighting mobs/people didn't take 3 freaking hours due to massive hp/damage...

Dan123The123Man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
those were the days of running around in a kilt with red pig tails, red goatee and wackin people with a spear or double handed axe with your man (or woman) hood hanging low (or high?)