• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Ladder BUG!!

Blood Ghoul

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Ugh, I deeded my castle ladder which provided access to my garden beds on the middle roof of my castle to adjust something on one of the corner roofs. But now whenever I try to place a castle ladder it says "You must get permission from the captain to place this on a ship"???? My castle is not a ship... I even used another heritage token for a new ladder but same thing.. Now I cannot get access to all the garden beds and stuff on the roofs

Ugh

OvenBird

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ugh, I deeded my castle ladder which provided access to my garden beds on the middle roof of my castle to adjust something on one of the corner roofs. But now whenever I try to place a castle ladder it says "You must get permission from the captain to place this on a ship"???? My castle is not a ship... I even used another heritage token for a new ladder but same thing.. Now I cannot get access to all the garden beds and stuff on the roofs

Ugh
Sorry to hear about your troubles.

Can you place ladders normally on ships, or is this the de-facto error message? Or possibly...something new?

Raptor85

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
didn't ya hear? The captains wheel that can only be placed in homes and gives out sextant coords (incase you forget where your house is while you're in it) was part of the new storyline, the world is going to flood and all our houses will be houseboats for a while!

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The sky is falling! The End is NEAR! Run, Run for you lives! Flee while you still can...

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
odd I just placed 5 ladders on origin yesterday....... Is the placer the owner of the house? Did you pick the castle option ( i know its a silly question but you would be surprised how many over look to ask) Also I noticed some spots ladders wont go up on goza's but other spots they will double check if a goza is stopping you and the odd message is jsut that.

Oh goodness that Ark again!!!!! NO I wont let my Noah sail a ship!!!!

Blood Ghoul

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I am the owner of the castle, I have tried with every charcter on the account (I only have 1 account). I can place the regualr ladder but it is not high enough to reach the roof. Whenever I try to place the castle ladder it still says something about "you cannot place that on a ship without the Captain's permission" Ugh..

virtualhabitat

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Try parking your castle as close to the shore as possible and fire your cannon whilst clicking on the captain's wheel.

Blood Ghoul

Sage
Stratics Veteran
While those are all great ideas.. A GM answered my page and couldn't figure it out. The one thing he could decide was the castle is not a ship :)

this stinks and hope they can fix it

Barok

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Try building some goza stairs.

If you ever get to the roof also try putting some house teleporters up there as a back up in the future.

Blood Ghoul

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I guess I can try to figure out the goza stair thing, never done it in the past, and my account is only 10 years old..2 more years before i can get teleporters

Mesanna

UO Producer | Dark OverLady
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks everyone, this is only on Origin correct?

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am not sure where Blood Ghoul is from, As for the goza bit i have gotten it on many of my castles on all the shards I have them on. Seems its something with the goza on a perticular facing of the ladder. Noticed it first on origin.

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are you using transparancy while trying to place? If not try that.

I also would try to stack goza then place the ladder that was short on top of those then you should be able to reach your roof.

Blood Ghoul

Sage
Stratics Veteran
The transparncy circle has nothing to do with it as it doesn't matter where I try to place it the message comes back that "it cannot be place on a ship without the Capt's permission" I did try the goza with the normal ladders but it does seem to work as no matter how I get it, even way over the roof you just fall right back to the ground

Barok

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Once you are at or above the roof line try the teleport spell or shadow jump.

Ludes

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry for the dumb question... Where do you get ladders from that you place in a castle?

Blood Ghoul

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Has anyone been able to build goza mat stairs lately? I have followed every method posted online and cannot get over the height barrier as everything will fall through the table/book/rune/snow whatever to the floor below once its at the height limit