• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS Covetous Covered

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

With the UO publish bringing the changes to Covetous imminent we invite you to inspect our own most recently published pages.

Covetous Dungeon Re-vamp - A Guided Tour

and

Vela the Sorceress

Entries have also been added to Hunter's Guide, a listing can be found under the heading 'Covetous Re-vamp' in the left menu column.

If you have any feedback or information you'd like to share with us you can comment on any article on the site via 'comment' boxes at the bottom of each page. You can email to [email protected] or send a private message to Petra Fyde on our message boards.

We look forward to hearing from you.

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Loving the way you guys are keeping Stratics updated... Great work!

Having said that, these links don't work yet...

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Grr! They should do! I'll see what's gone wrong and fix it.

[edit] fixed. apologies for that.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
booyaa!

whos rank 204 on your screen shot?
who is that.... ya thats right!

Big Daddy rocking the cov spawn on origin!

S

Sevin0oo0

Great job! one noob question... where is the Battle scoreboard? in the dungeon? or a menu item on an NPC

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That is one nice job. Keep up all the good work you all staff/players are doing.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Petra you did a great job as well as the other fine people you have there. looks great.

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Its great and its going to make hitting the ground running a lot easier for me.

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
booyaa!

And WHY are there 3 above you?
;):):rolleyes:

Post a pic when you're #1 ! hehehe

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I'm confused by the list of Ephemeral arties on Vela. What about the Prismatic Lenses? Are they available as a turn-in for Void Pool points?

Nimuaq

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm confused by the list of Ephemeral arties on Vela. What about the Prismatic Lenses? Are they available as a turn-in for Void Pool points?
No, only the three artifacts listed on the link are available from Vela as ephemeral.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
That is disappointing... and hopefully it is just a bug.

I posted this on the Test Center forum and also submitted a bug report through UO Herald.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
booyaa!

Nope. Screenshot is from Test Center. That's my Heidi Ninfel up there at rank 203 just above. :p

Sevin0oo0. The battle rankings are from your context menu. Sorry, I'll edit that information in. I knew I must have missed something!

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nice job.

Question, and sorry if this is obvious: At an earlier phase of this design there were non-ephemeral versions of the artifacts available at some point. Ephemeral from one source, non-ephemeral from another (point reward/loot, I forget which was which).

Is this still the case, or is ephemeral the only form you can get these in now?

-Galen's player

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As far as I can tell, and this is only educated guess work, so don't take it as gospel, there are three ephemeral artifacts from Vela, a ranged weapon, a shield and a bracelet. The weapon and shield have 2 versions, human/elf or gargoyle.
The full list of announced artifacts - 5 of them, (listed here) come from Cora and are not ephemeral. The shield having an extra property, self repair.

Phoenix_Mythic

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On Level 1, it's basically set up as a strange and hopefully entertaining ecosystem.

The Dazzled Harpies flee from the Vampire Mongbats, but they're also attracted to gemstones. If you drop a gemstone near a Dazzled Harpy, it will come over and pick it up, then become hypnotized by it for a short while.

The Vampire Mongbats are too slow to catch the Harpies and prefer not to fight for their food, so they've learned the art of hiding (but not stealth, at least yet). Also, they've learned how to exploit the Harpies' bird-brained love of shiny things.

The Headless Miners and Strange Gazers are leftover vestiges of an unethical necromancer's mining operation, but said miner hasn't been seen since Cora and Vela passed through not too long ago...

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
On Level 1, it's basically set up as a strange and hopefully entertaining ecosystem.

The Dazzled Harpies flee from the Vampire Mongbats, but they're also attracted to gemstones. If you drop a gemstone near a Dazzled Harpy, it will come over and pick it up, then become hypnotized by it for a short while.

The Vampire Mongbats are too slow to catch the Harpies and prefer not to fight for their food, so they've learned the art of hiding (but not stealth, at least yet). Also, they've learned how to exploit the Harpies' bird-brained love of shiny things.

The Headless Miners and Strange Gazers are leftover vestiges of an unethical necromancer's mining operation, but said miner hasn't been seen since Cora and Vela passed through not too long ago...
Were there an option for super like I would have pressed it. This is the kind of stuff that so many of us are longing for! I love the idea that your having monsters spawn not randomly but due to a concept for the dungeon and it would be great if everything matched in style the fiction. Throw in a few easter eggs and folks will love you forever for it.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
oh dear. I'm not sure all the pictures are still there for those

Swordsman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

sounds interesting ..

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I'm stealing that to add to the Hunter's Guide info :D

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Excellent work Petra and the UO staff that may have helped :)

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Separate thanks yous to Phoenix on the one hand and Petra and the Stratics researchers on the other.

-Galen's player

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Any word, Phoenix, on the Prismatic Lenses?

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Petra, can you ad that Felucca Coveteus gives double points ? :)

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Reward points or scores? I thought I got the same reward points in Felucca.
Both.

From GvP test wave 3 to 8 gives 1 point each.

This is what i saw on TC Felucca:

For 5 waves i got 6 points. So it means i got 2 points for wave 3-4 and 5 in Felucca.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
If we are getting no more than a handful of points per void pool attack (number of waves dependent), do you think the new point totals over 2000 make sense for ephemeral items? It seems to me that the time the item lasts should be equivalent to the time it takes to earn enough points for a replacement (if that is what you wish to do). Maybe these should be adjusted to cost about 1000 points on Vela, not 2000+.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It should not be too easy to get the points. I like it the way it is. On your own , you can build slowly points to get the items too.
But this is still a MMO, so group hunts to Coveteus void pool can be very rewarding for everyone.

I'm planning group hunts on Drachenfels to the void pool ones this publish comes to the shards.
So people on Drachenfels better keep a eye out and sharpen your weapons and dust of those spellbooks! ;)