• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Another idea to secure very large trades...

L

lupushor

Ok, we all know trades larger than 123mil raise serious scam vulnerability issues.
There have been countless ideas to remedy this situation, all with flaws, so none got implemented so far.
Mainly it had to do with giving dupers the means to increase their dupe rate (larger checks...).
So! Here is another one (if in fact this has not yet been discussed already):

Let us trade vendors.

Case study: I want to sell my 463mil item to a friend of a friend of a friend. He looks kinda suspicious, or maybe it's just that orange jester hat, I don't know. So I tell him I won't trade my item first like I had to do in the UO's Dark Ages, so he better pack a vendor with cash and trade him for the item. So we choose a house at our convenience, he places a vendor, loads it with 463 millions and then he opens the vendor menu, checks the "Transfer the Vendor Contract to another person" box, he clicks on me and a trade window appear. In the trade window I see a generic vendor doll which when I hover the cursor displays the vendor name. Along with the trade window the vendor backpack opens and also a little window to inform me of the vendor's financial status (how much money in his pockets) and also the vendor contract details. Then I place my item in the trade window and we both check the blue dots and we part happy and safe.

pros - is a system already implemented in game, just have to add an option to the vendor menu.
- I really cannot find a way people could scam with this system, but I never scammed anyone so I may miss something.
- I do not think dupers could find a way to profit from this, unless they know a way to dupe vendors. Ugh.

cons - well.... I fail to see any. Maybe I am just tired after not sleeping for two days.

So please give your feedback on this idea.

T

Tazar

Another idea is to let us trade more than one pet at a time... and make it so that the pet does not have to be first to initiate the trade. So... you could hand the person 120 mil in checks and 5 packies each with 120+mil. Packies would have to be able to be opened in a trade window like a container.

S

Sevin0oo0

I liked the other idea of BOD books for checks, holds a lot, if it showed cumulative amounts. No counting and doesn't cross that 125 item barrier.

L

lupushor

I liked the other idea of BOD books for checks, holds a lot, if it showed cumulative amounts. No counting and doesn't cross that 125 item barrier.
Yes, but this falls into the "larger checks" cathegory. Dupers would just dupe the check Book and smile.

S

Sevin0oo0

i stand corrected, agreed, just did the math too. 1 book=500 checks=101 slots, so even at 5@1, that's still only 520mil per trade with existing mechanics, doesn't solve much, sorry

L

lupushor

Just thought that this system may also help moving vendors easily from one account to another, if anyone feels like it.

And also, if someone comes and says "Hey, I want to buy your entire vendor" they would literally be able to.

BigEv

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Love it! Great idea. Now run with it Devs!

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In one aspect I do see the need for a way to move / trade large amounts of gold for tangable purchases such as homes that the normal person cant hold the total amount for.

And here is the rub, BUT I also see their point of keeping status quo. Duping is top in the mind, and well they have tried for years to make the $$ go down by making gold sinks.

Some work just fine and do make the players spend the gold in game to npcs (like the bod bribes) which was a great idea. :devil:
Only one tiny thing is off even if a player is not a duper they can make $$$$$ in a few hours of serious play. Look at the cost of items selling on Atlantic in chat..... most of it is from high end items or event items being sold.
You cant wipe out trillions of gold off a shard(s) if its just being traded across form one player to another, back and forth. You (meaning the dev) want to remove gold, make the items that sell for $$ available for those who cant fight for hours by putting them for the starting price on a npc. The gold leaves the game.
Now I do see people cringing but think about it.... That slither or crimi you need you can buy from the gamemaster npc for XXXX k of gold.
Poof XXXX k of gold just left uo.
Sorry didnt mean to go off on a tangent.... it was a thought but the vendor idea is ok but I see alot of work and Dev are not famous for it. The better bet the book idea. A golden check book.
If they made books for checks like the pinks and bods yes you could load up a few ( or as many as you need to pay someone) of them and trade it across...:cool:

S

Stig

Instead of haveing checks or gold in bank boxs, we give the money to npc banker and have a contect menu to give and get money from them. Make no limit the banker can hold for you and if you need to do a large finacial trade the gold would be an option in the trade window.

ACB1961

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Instead of haveing checks or gold in bank boxs, we give the money to npc banker and have a contect menu to give and get money from them. Make no limit the banker can hold for you and if you need to do a large finacial trade the gold would be an option in the trade window.
/signed

do this, do anything you want, but seriously please do something