• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New Question Why is EA BILLING....

Spree

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So FFFFFFFFFED up it has a the date expired now my account is canceled?????? i click on the card nothing so i enter the card over and get this The card number is not unique for the given user What the f***** this new system is ********. DO THE WANT EVERY ONE TO QUIT??????

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
I dunno Spree. Which characters and what shard? How can we help?

Spree

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got it up dated their system so so weird. i never have any of these problem with other accounts. EZpass sent me a email telling me my card was going to expire in 2 months It was before the bank even sent out the new cards

SoulWeaver

King of The Bearded Ladies
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've actually had the same problem multiple times with the new EA system accepting a credit card. I've had it accept 1 credit card on 1 master account then get that message about it not being unqiue etc... then I could try 5 other credit cards get the same message.... then i'll use my fiance's card and it works perfect. Nothing wrong with any cards any at all then the next month it will be vice versa. Its very strange.

Ox AO

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The way to deal with this one is to remove the card and then re-enter it. Instructions are here:
UO Stratics *New* | Account Management
you need to click the 'manage accounts' link at the top:

For uoam, try Kojak's post UOAM & UOCART ........ | Stratics Forums
I just had this problem had to do a google search to find this page.
Who comes up with this logic? If the card doesn't go through and it says something isn't unique? Then you have to guess to hit the the manage account page? Then if you don't know it gives you the option of hitting edit or remove card when you do it says, "Do you want to delete this account?"

What a mess

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In order to avoid any possibility that EA would attempt to bill an expired card and thus possibly flag my EA Master Account as being problematic in some way (I don't know if they do this or not, but I want to avoid it if they do!), below are the steps I followed on the two occasions when I had new card information to put in. (The first time I had to do it was when my existing card "expired" and bank sent me a new one with same number but new expiration date. Second time was when the bank decided to send a ton of people new cards because their existing ones might have been compromised.)

1. On the Account Management site, log in and then cancel each and every active UO account.
2. Next, you're going to update your existing card's expiration date OR put in a new card's information. To do this, you'll need to select a currently cancelled account from the drop-down list near the top center of the Account Management site. You can do it with an account you don't intend to really reopen, if necessary, by just not completing the renewal process after you've put in the new/updated card info. If you don't have any currently cancelled accounts, you might have to wait until one of your still-active accounts hits the end of its current subscription period and shows up as cancelled.
3. With the cancelled UO account selected on the drop-down list, click on the button with that UO account name showing in the "Reactivate a Closed Game Account" section of the site.
4. Pick a billing cycle on the next screen and then click on the Continue button.
5. On the next screen, click on the "Manage Accounts" link in the upper right corner.
6. On the next screen, you'll see a brief description of your existing stored card information and a link in white to "Add a New Credit Card." For existing card(s), there will be an option to Edit the card's information, which is what you'll need if you want to change an existing card's expiration date.
7. Depending on what you need to do, either edit an existing card's info or add a new card. After you've done that, you should be able to hit the orange "Back" button near the bottom of the screen to go back to the page where you select your payment method.
8. Now either proceed to finish reactivating an account, or just click the Home link at the top if you were just using any old closed account to get to the "Manage Accounts" pages and then cancel out of the reactivation process.
9. Reactivate any other closed accounts as they run out. When you get to the page where you select your payment method, you should now see either your updated card's information or a new card's information, depending on what you did in the previous steps.

I hope this helps. Just remember to try to "cancel" your subscriptions before EA has a chance to try to bill a card that's either expired or has been cancelled because the bank sent you a new one!

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All the above is useful, of course - but to go thru all of it, simply to give them money... What a company! :eek: