• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Solution to releasing multiple pets/SUMMONS (summon fey) at ONCE WITHOUT requiring magery!

Dan123The123Man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is there any way that yall can make it so we can release more then one pet at the same time? So like if I can't dispel my summoned pets or would like to release all of them at once. For spellweavers without magery who summon pixies or other summons or even players with actual pets that arent summons.

Instead of having to say on seperate lines (making it take forever because the possible names for pixies are so long):

ian release
ivan release
mortib release
grace release
ect...

Could you guy smake it so we can do this below:

ian release ivan release mortib release grace release...

OR even:

Ian Ivan Mortib Grace RELEASE...

Something along those lines so that it's all in one chat message and not mindless spamming, because I find that it takes FOR-EVER to hit a macro button and wait for the entire list of names to go through to release my summons. Sometimes I have to hit the button several times because no matter what delay I set it to after saying each name (using UOA), it somehow finds a way to skip over names. Even without setting a delay it does this. Implementing this would also really help those that enjoy PvE or PvP because they wouldn't have to wait for their summons to release because they dont have any way of dispelling them.

Dan123The123Man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not sure about an "ALL RELEASE" but like if I'm UNABLE to dispel because I don't have magery or something it would be nice to be able to release all of the summons or pets I want to release at the same time by perhaps using All Release or one of the methods above such as "name release name release" or "name name name name release". I think the "All Release" or maybe more specifically "Release Summons" would be shorter and get to the point quicker. If implementing a method to do this right now would be to much of a trouble, maybe in the next patch this could be done?

S

Stig

It does sound good , but should only work for summons and not be extended to include tamed/bonded pets...

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My memory is a bit hazy, but I've a feeling this command did once exist.

S

Serine

I'm not sure about an "ALL RELEASE" but like if I'm UNABLE to dispel because I don't have magery or something it would be nice to be able to release all of the summons or pets I want to release at the same time by perhaps using All Release or one of the methods above such as "name release name release" or "name name name name release". I think the "All Release" or maybe more specifically "Release Summons" would be shorter and get to the point quicker. If implementing a method to do this right now would be to much of a trouble, maybe in the next patch this could be done?
Maby make the "old" summon vanish when you cast the spell .

Dan123The123Man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maby make the "old" summon vanish when you cast the spell .
better yet, add a "release all {type}" option in the context menu :)
Both of these sound like really good ideas... The thought of them automatically being re summoned wherever you are in game and having the old ones release upon summoning new ones sounds like a really good idea. "release all {type}" also sounds like a good idea.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
it did exist and their where some issues with it If I remember correctly!
precisely. It was there, it was removed. If it was removed, it was removed for a reason. The question now is, 'does that reason still exist?'

Since summons are treated as temporary pets, using the same commands set, I think it would be very difficult to implement a command that applied to them and not normal pets.
Under what circumstances do you need to release them quickly? Is it not possible to pull off life bars and release them through those?

Dan123The123Man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A person may find it vital to release their summons in any situation whether it be in pve or pvp, especially when summoned creatures get stuck on houses and obstacles, or can’t physically keep up with players. If the command would be to difficult to implement that would only affect summoned creatures and not actual pets then perhaps doing what Serine suggested above would be the best route to go with so when you’re casting the spell to summon the creature it will automatically remove the one that was previously summoned (wherever it may be). Players that choose to have spellweaving (and necromancy?) are at a disadvantage if they don’t have magery because they can’t dispel the summoned pets after summing them. A person doesn’t always have time in the heat of battle to sit there and individually left click each pet and click release, let alone spam 26 different names of pixies that are listed below until they are released. If nothing is going on at the time then sure you can left click and select release, but that’s rarely the case. When summoned creatures get “stuck” on obstacles and the player has no way of figuring out where the pet is they have to wait until the pet either dies or dispels on its own over time (which can take forever).

My suggestion is to help those who don’t have the ability to dispel with magery and to improve the game mechanics over all by implementing a system that will allow a person to summon a pet and release it by perhaps re summoning the same pet by casting the same spell anywhere in the game to release the older version. This way the players will not have to go searching for the pet to release, slowly guide it to where they are trying to go, or stand there mindlessly spamming a list of names and hoping it releases the right pixie (let alone trying to get them to listen the first time). The list of (26 I believe) possible names pixies can have are below and as you can see it isn’t a very short list:

Klian, Klistra, Laeri, Ciline, Shiale, Ourie, Piepe, Liera, Sili, Sefi, Cynthe, Nedra, Hali, Jiki, Piku, Rael, Zanne, Zut, Sini, Os, Wienne, Xian, Ybri, Calee, Shendri, and Shri.

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There has never been an 'all release' command to my knowledge.
'All follow' 'All guard' 'All kill' 'All stop' 'All stay' 'All come' 'All patrol' - patrol was taken out.
Since 1998 when I would hunt Balrons in Hyloth & used 20 tamed dragons, there has not been an 'All release'. I would have to make macros w/ as many individual lines as was allowed (per macro) to release them. Even w/ 20 tamed dragons a player could only hunt for abt 1 hour b/c Balrons would kill a dragon faster then you could heal them. After abt 1 hour, you would have 2-3 dragons left and recall out w/ ur loot or risk a Balron 2-3 shot killing ur last dragons then turning on you.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
There has never been an 'all release' command to my knowledge.
'All follow' 'All guard' 'All kill' 'All stop' 'All stay' 'All come' 'All patrol' - patrol was taken out.
Since 1998 when I would hunt Balrons in Hyloth & used 20 tamed dragons, there has not been an 'All release'. I would have to make macros w/ as many individual lines as was allowed (per macro) to release them. Even w/ 20 tamed dragons a player could only hunt for abt 1 hour b/c Balrons would kill a dragon faster then you could heal them. After abt 1 hour, you would have 2-3 dragons left and recall out w/ ur loot or risk a Balron 2-3 shot killing ur last dragons then turning on you.
Strange I recall there being an "all release" when I used to do gimpy **** like release 20 white wyrms at bucs gate lol

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You could be 100% correct Flutter, theres just never been one to my knowledge.
Ive quit playing UO atleast 7 or 8 times, the longest for abt 1 1/2 yrs.
Its highly possible an 'All Release' was implemented at some point. I can say
for certain that it wasnt something originally implemented but it very well
could have been added at some point while I was absent.

I too would b guilty of doing gimpy schmitt cept I was releasing them in folks homes
and I distinctly remember having to either cast inviso/hide FAST/ or release them
on different floors because I couldnt release them all at once. Releasing 7 or 8 wasnt
that hard but when ur trying to release those last 4 or 5 of 15.... it got alil tricky.
I died a few times more then I'd like to admit while trying to logon/kill my enemies :)

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
It could be that I just renamed them all to "all" lol I just remember releasing them all at once, and I have a vague recollection of there being a complaint around the same time that peoples mounts were getting released. The two may have been separate issues.

I don't know how I feel about an "all release" function.
If I take the time to lure off your stupid summons you shouldn't be able to just negate that instantly.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Making it easy to dispel your own pixies without mana would make the pixie summoner more powerful, as currently if people run away from the pixies, it renders them useless. This is the same for all pets. Why should summons then work any differently? People already whine when i use pixies, why make them more annoying?

Dan123The123Man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i've stated my reasons why above Mervyn. Would like to see a dev or someone with some authority that works with UO to post and let us know whether it's a possibility of having this command implemented.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i've stated my reasons why above Mervyn. Would like to see a dev or someone with some authority that works with UO to post and let us know whether it's a possibility of having this command implemented.
One man's convenience is another mans exploit.

I tell you the truth

Dan123The123Man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mervyn, summons are temporary pets and don't have anywhere near the same amount of health that an actual pet has that people run around killing things with. The only way pixies really do any damage is if what they are fighting is running away and they're so vulnerable they already die in one damn hit ... I would have thought someone that has spellweaving would of known this but I guess I was wrong. And it would cost mana to re summon them where you are in-game... I'm not asking for a spell to DISPEL our summons. I'm asking for a simple COMMAND that RELEASES our summons and the "Summon Fey" spell would still require mana to cast and would not be free to cas.

To back up what I said before up above... There are times when i'm stuck sitting there spamming 26 different names twice because when you cast "Summon Fey" it sometimes summons two pixies with the same name. And when you say "Oran Release" it's only going to release ONE and not the other. It really is a pain in the ass. Please read the reasons stated above so I don't have to repeat myself over again

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's not that i haven't read or understood what you're saying, i just disagree with you. Regardless of how many times you repeat it, and i like how you added the fact that this command should consume mana, as if you mentioned that originally.

Dan123The123Man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ok let me clarify this for you. First, it was pretty late or early (however you want to look at it) when I post that reply. Second, the idea that Serine had above is a COMMAND and not consume mana when you tell your pets to release like he mentiond above. Third and last but not least I ment that if they allowed you to CAST the spell to RE SUMMON the pet THEN it would consume mana... Typing "blah blah release"... TYPING shouldn't release anything so scratch that part in your post there that says "and i like how you added the fact that this command should consume mana"... It's not the COMMAND that should consume mana... Its the fact that we would be CASTING the SPELL and the SPELL consumes MANA. Thats fine if you disagree. Where are the devs these days, can we get a dev to enlighten us on this topic?

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ok let me clarify this for you. First, it was pretty late or early (however you want to look at it) when I post that reply. Second, the idea that Serine had above is a COMMAND and not consume mana when you tell your pets to release like he mentiond above. Third and last but not least I ment that if they allowed you to CAST the spell to RE SUMMON the pet THEN it would consume mana... Typing "blah blah release"... TYPING shouldn't release anything so scratch that part in your post there that says "and i like how you added the fact that this command should consume mana"... It's not the COMMAND that should consume mana... Its the fact that we would be CASTING the SPELL and the SPELL consumes MANA. Thats fine if you disagree. Where are the devs these days, can we get a dev to enlighten us on this topic?
Currently, when you recast the pixies it consumes mana, and if you didn't have to use up mana dispelling the old ones, this would save you mana if you had such a command. Therefore giving you a pvp advantage.

At the moment it takes 40 mana (24 with lmc 40%) to dispel the old pixies, plus however more mana it takes to cast pixies depending on how many pixies are casted. With your new command, you would be foregoing this 24 initial mana to dispel the old pixies. Thus saving you 24 mana.

If it isn't broke, don't fix it.

Dan123The123Man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You have it twisted... I clearly said in the post before the one above that It would not forego the mana, it would cost mana to re summon them as if they werent there to begin with. It wouldn't be "FREE" to summon. Allow me to quote myself:

"It's not the COMMAND that should consume mana... Its the fact that we would be CASTING the SPELL and the SPELL consumes MANA"

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was going to say, i'm sure pinco can do it, tell me, what range will this work with?

PJay

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Indeed id be interested in the range of Pincos all realease command if its unlimited then imo its a clear exploit as you'd need to have the pixies on the screen to release it in CC.

Pixies are pretty devastating in pvp unless the targets ready to combat it one way is to loose the pixies and for a command as is being discussed here were to be introduced it makes them even more powerful.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Indeed id be interested in the range of Pincos all realease command if its unlimited then imo its a clear exploit as you'd need to have the pixies on the screen to release it in CC.

Pixies are pretty devastating in pvp unless the targets ready to combat it one way is to loose the pixies and for a command as is being discussed here were to be introduced it makes them even more powerful.
If I came up with scipts to add this feature and debuffs for CC i'd be banned. However somehow pincos ui gets away with it bit by bit each patch

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was going to say, i'm sure pinco can do it, tell me, what range will this work with?
the range is limited server side... since the character will says for example: "pippo release".
It just does the work for you, but it's not like mass dispel because could requires 1-2 seconds...

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The "all release" was removed because people were releasing their mounts back in the day.
People were also releasing like 10-15 Dragons all at once in an area like the Covetous Lich Room, BK Room or just events without any warning. When you saw a person releasing one aggressive pet at a time, it gave you time to get the hell out of there, but when they were released all at once, without warning, you generally got ate.
I still remember when a RL friend tamed like 80 Polar Bears, he then gated to the Covetous Lich Room, and released them all at once. Was hilarious, poor Liches didn't stand a chance against so many Polar Bears. As soon as a Lich would spawn, he'd get jumped by 80 Polar Bears. Noone else could get looting rights on the Liches though, and they would go grey if they tried to loot them within 3 minutes of the kill. He did the same thing to the swampy Lich area beneath the BK Room teleporter. We laughed our asses off, and were still chuckling about it hours later. Hell, i still chuckle whenever i think about it.