• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(OT) The New Fluffi Babble Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There can never be too many Fluffi Babbles ... or Buffy Flabb.. wait, that's not working.

Anyhow: morning all and Bubbles!

Cirno

Purple Pony Princess
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just have to babble more to make up for it :)

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh, shiny new forum ... a bit dark all around and my picture is gone, too. I guess I have to hit the setup ... if I can find it somewhere ...

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Scrumpy can not log in here ... did a Stratics person show the good sense to block him from further posting here or is it just beggarism? The old forum still works fine for him ... ah well, he can smell around there then *grins*

Cirno

Purple Pony Princess
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can change the theme.
At the bottom of the page, there's a bar with "Contact Us Home Top" on the right hand side. On the left, it shows the name of the current theme ("Animate", in my case), if you click on that you can select a new one.
Default-UOClassic is the closest one to the old forum theme with the parchment background.

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now I only have to find out why Scrumpy's login works on the old forums and not here ... poor sod ...

Alaster The Insane

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cirno, can i get your undies ?

(real good work stratics team, it seems so new and shiny.. omg it rocks)

but Cirno, i want yer undies !

Cail! you too ! your undies ! fast !

Cirno

Purple Pony Princess
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm working on a very important project, which requires that I maintain possession of my undies.
It also kind of requires that I remain sober, which I'm not doing quite as successful a job of.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
How about mine, Alister? Want those too? *smiles*

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've done some investigating back on the old boards, it seems Scrumpy has fallen foul of board coding that disallows two log ins with the same email address. I'm afraid Scrumpy will have to have his own email. :(
hotmail, gmail, yahoo, or the one I think might best suit would be the yahoo option '[email protected]'

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've done some investigating back on the old boards, it seems Scrumpy has fallen foul of board coding that disallows two log ins with the same email address. I'm afraid Scrumpy will have to have his own email. :(
hotmail, gmail, yahoo, or the one I think might best suit would be the yahoo option '[email protected]'
Oh, that is easily sorted out. I created a new email address for Scrumpy with my own website name: [email protected]. Now what?

And, I knew: he must have fallen foul of something at last!!

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm afraid he'll have to re-register, as far as I know there's no way to import him after the event. But I can manually adjust the post count etc to match the old boards.

S

Scrumpy Jack

Ello yer lot!

Now this is pure beggarimination! Yer posh people move house and kick me out of the door, only because I was using my cousins mailbox? Did yer ever hear, that ANY of the bridges in Trinsic has an address to send letters to? Now where is that fancy Dardy Projector of yers taking care of this? I am telling yer: the World is coming to an end and after that the end is nigh!

That reminds me: did I ever tell yer of when I was in Yew prison and this old hag offered unsanitary services to the inmates? Back then I thought already, that my world is going to end .. but 'tis a dull story.

Yers fretfully
Scrumpy Jack

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh beggar ... errrr ... bugger, I see HE made it back into here. I thought I smelled something *sighs*

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*twirls*

So, what do you think of my new sig folks? If anyone else wants one tailor made for them, the lady who did mine would be happy to oblige, and she's very good at it :)

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Very nice, me thinks. I would need a proper avatar, but can't think of what it should look like .. hmmm ... now you got me pondering ...

Cirno

Purple Pony Princess
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My sig hasn't changed in a really long time.
It looked really good on the UO forum theme before the one before this.

S

Scrumpy Jack

Ello yer lot!

Me's got lot of awards since last night, which I think is well deserved. After all, even though somebody with a weird fixation was made Lame Instructor, ( a position that should have gone to me because I have a permit, not 'im! ), I am still a pillow of society and command advocation! I guess this was the making of Petra, and I thank her for that.

There still is a strange resistance to me being here though, and I can only blame my cousin John II for it ( HE doesn't have ANY problems here). Whenever I arrive here, I am constantly kicked out again. In fact, I can not do anything without being reminded that "You need to be logged in" by some weird voice in my head. Only when I demand to be kept "logged in" it works. Strange but true!

That reminds me: did I ever tell yer of when I was in Deceit and got kicked around and out because I was deemed too decent? Anyway, 'tis a dull story ....

Yers award-winning
Scrumpy Jack

Cirno

Purple Pony Princess
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Way too early for all this babblery :eek:
(That's a yawn! A startled yawn, like, "Oh noes! It's morning!")

Fluffi

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As I haven't worked-out how to navigate the forums in this wonderful, shiny, new format; I have no idea how many people have said this before.... I BLOODY HATE IT !!!!

Of course, I am old, and not open to new ideas, but change for the sake of change seems a bit silly.

edit I see that the StratTards have managed to turn my signature off. Sod 'em.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As I haven't worked-out how to navigate the forums in this wonderful, shiny, new format; I have no idea how many people have said this before.... I BLOODY HATE IT !!!!

Of course, I am old, and not open to new ideas, but change for the sake of change seems a bit silly.

Fluffy, the old ones were, well, old! All sulky and things. So we actually needed new ones!

Just put your sig link in the box in your settings and it'll appear again. Don't be afraid to click things to find out what they do. There's a couple bits missing that I could really do with having, but they're not that bad. Give it a chance!

Cirno

Purple Pony Princess
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The move was less of a "for the sake of it" than it was "move it or lose it", hence why it was totally possible to miss the whole process from announcement to change if you didn't look for a week or so :(

There are a bunch of guides on this forum, to help you get on your way with the new software: http://community.stratics.com/index.php?forums/suggestions-and-bug-reports.692/
In a shorter term, you may want to look to the bottom of the page, which should look something like:

and click what appears in the area specified by the red circle, which'll bring up the "Style Chooser". From there, the "Default-UOClassic" theme should be more familiar an experience.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I fixed your sig for you.
Old is not an excuse I accept, being not in the first flush of youth myself. Patience, asking questions and reading stuff works wonders, honest.

S

Sally Buttons

My sig seems to have gone funny in the forum transfer. Can anyone tell me how to sort it out please?

S

Sally Buttons

No you aren't. I'm not keen on this one, it's messed up my sig and it's too quiet! :(

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sally, change 'sigpic' to 'img' and /sigpic to /img

Sorry you don't like it, but the old one was limping to final collapse.

Barian

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Whereas this one comes pre-collapsed?

Why does each post take up so much vertical space?
Why is the banner on the main page so big?

Don't tell me.......it's for ipads !!

:bdh:

Oh look..........smilies !!

Status
Not open for further replies.